Default Why Vegan?

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:43:18 -0600, Rat & Swan > wrote:

> For me, to strive toward living as a vegan is to make a statement
>about my view of the basic moral standing of non-human animals: that
>they are not things to be bought and sold as commodities, or to be
>deliberately
>killed to be used as food or other products. As with humans, that is
>not to say that others do not suffer as a result of our actions in the
>world, or that any of us cannot reduce our negative impact and increase
>our positive impact. But that is not the point. Veganism says one thing
>and one thing only, and it says it clearly and unambiguously: animals
>have a certain basic moral status which does not permit us justly to buy
>and sell their bodies, alive or dead, whole or in part, any more than we
>can justly buy and sell human bodies in the same circumstances. We
>should refuse to allow Antis to bury this one basic truth under an
>obfuscating avalanche of irrelevant material.
>
>Rat

Facts that veg*ns want to disregard:

1.The meat industry provides life for the billions of animals who are
killed so we can eat them.
2. Some of the animals raised for food have decent lives.
3. Veg*nism does nothing to provide decent lives for farm animals.
4. Veg*nism does nothing to help or provide more life for any animals.
5. People can contribute to decent lives for farm animals, but they
can't do it by being veg*n.
6. Veg*ns contribute to most of the same animal deaths that everyone
else does by their use of wood, paper, roads, buildings, electricity,
things that contain animal by-products, and the veggies they eat.
7. Some types of meat involve fewer animal deaths than some types of
veggies.
8. Some types of meat involve less animal suffering than some types of
veggies.
Ray

nk.net...

wrote:

> >> For me, to strive toward living as a vegan is to make a statement
> >>about my view of the basic moral standing of non-human animals: that
> >>they are not things to be bought and sold as commodities, or to be
> >>deliberately
> >>killed to be used as food or other products. As with humans, that is
> >>not to say that others do not suffer as a result of our actions in the
> >>world, or that any of us cannot reduce our negative impact and increase
> >>our positive impact. But that is not the point. Veganism says one thing
> >>and one thing only, and it says it clearly and unambiguously: animals
> >>have a certain basic moral status which does not permit us justly to buy
> >>and sell their bodies, alive or dead, whole or in part, any more than we
> >>can justly buy and sell human bodies in the same circumstances. We
> >>should refuse to allow Antis to bury this one basic truth under an
> >>obfuscating avalanche of irrelevant material.
> >>
> >>Rat

> > Facts that veg*ns want to disregard:
> >
> > 1.The meat industry provides life for the billions of animals who are
> > killed so we can eat them.

> Not only "vegans" ignore that trivial fact, ****wit.
> Everyone but you ignores it, because it is utterly
> unimportant. There is no virtue in "providing life" to
> farm animals. None.

There is no virtue in providing life to you ~~joeblob~~
So, **** off and find another NG where you can actually post 'ON TOPIC'