tortrix

Default Meat eaters contribute to life and death

"Dutch" > wrote in message news:<IFrbb.1004829

> Never lose sight of the fact that no-one's hands are clean. Animals are
> killed in every type of food production, not to mention in the
> development of the medicines and treatments and other modern
> conveniences that support our comfort, longevity and quality of life.

And the deaths and suffering of humans has also contributed to
our comfort, longevity and quality of life. It is all a matter of
degree -- something which Rick Etter and Jon Ball cannot grasp.

> It's a cheap rush to single out and point fingers at others.

That's right. Like the way assholes point fingers at animal rights
activists, or environmental activists, or communists, or liberals,
or feminists, or criminals or extremists
or any other group of individuals for the assholes' or society's
troubles and woes.
Dutch

"tortrix" > wrote
> "Dutch" > wrote
>
> > Never lose sight of the fact that no-one's hands are clean. Animals

are
> > killed in every type of food production, not to mention in the
> > development of the medicines and treatments and other modern
> > conveniences that support our comfort, longevity and quality of

life.

> And the deaths and suffering of humans has also contributed to
> our comfort, longevity and quality of life.

That's a red herring, the topic under discussion in this newsgroup is
specifically animals that die serving human needs. Your attempt to cloud
the issue is noted, but I've seen it before.

> It is all a matter of degree -- something which Rick Etter and Jon

Ball cannot grasp.

What degree are you talking about? Please don't be vague.

> > It's a cheap rush to single out and point fingers at others.

> That's right.

Glad you admit it.

> Like the way assholes point fingers at animal rights
> activists,

No, I point out your fallacious thinking because I hope to help you, I
don't get a feeling of moral superiority out if it. I think you're in
the grip of a mind-virus.

> or environmental activists, or communists, or liberals,
> or feminists, or criminals or extremists
> or any other group of individuals for the assholes' or society's
> troubles and woes.

It's true that self-righteousness is a widespread disease, but ARAs have
a particular version of it that is relevant in this discussion.

LordSnooty

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:10:22 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

>"tortrix" > wrote
>> "Dutch" > wrote
>>
>> > Never lose sight of the fact that no-one's hands are clean. Animals

>are
>> > killed in every type of food production, not to mention in the
>> > development of the medicines and treatments and other modern
>> > conveniences that support our comfort, longevity and quality of

>life.
>>
>> And the deaths and suffering of humans has also contributed to
>> our comfort, longevity and quality of life.

>That's a red herring, the topic under discussion in this newsgroup is
>specifically animals that die serving human needs. Your attempt to cloud
>the issue is noted, but I've seen it before.

If it's a red herring, it's your red herring in reverse with your
claims that it doesn't matter how an animal is going to die if it's
gonna die anyway.

>> It is all a matter of degree -- something which Rick Etter and Jon

>Ball cannot grasp.
>
>What degree are you talking about? Please don't be vague.

Certainly wouldn't be an educational one....

>> > It's a cheap rush to single out and point fingers at others.

>> That's right.

>Glad you admit it.

What's wrong with pointing out the guilty?

>> Like the way assholes point fingers at animal rights
>> activists,

>No, I point out your fallacious thinking because I hope to help you,

You're a troll and a bad one, you have no humanity in your dwarven
body, so don't kid us

>don't get a feeling of moral superiority out if it.

Just as well, you have no right.

> I think you're in
>the grip of a mind-virus.

Yes, it's called crutch.

>> or environmental activists, or communists, or liberals,
>> or feminists, or criminals or extremists
>> or any other group of individuals for the assholes' or society's
>> troubles and woes.

>It's true that self-righteousness is a widespread disease, but ARAs have
>a particular version of it that is relevant in this discussion.

How sad a life you lead to never understand humility, caring, ethics
or morals.

Another red herring?

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.
Dutch

"LordSnooty" > wrote in message
news:5dj4pvobp1q2m7tdmsh2li4q89fj17i721@earthlink. net...
> On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:10:22 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>
> >"tortrix" > wrote
> >> "Dutch" > wrote

Animals
> >are

> >life.
> >>
> >> And the deaths and suffering of humans has also contributed to
> >> our comfort, longevity and quality of life.

> >That's a red herring, the topic under discussion in this newsgroup is
> >specifically animals that die serving human needs. Your attempt to

cloud
> >the issue is noted, but I've seen it before.

> If it's a red herring, it's your red herring in reverse with your
> claims that it doesn't matter how an animal is going to die if it's
> gonna die anyway.

I've never made such a claim. Even if I had, THAT would not be it in
reverse. If you would get down off your soapbox for one minute and
listen you might start to know what others are saying.

> >> It is all a matter of degree -- something which Rick Etter and Jon

> >Ball cannot grasp.
> >
> >What degree are you talking about? Please don't be vague.

> Certainly wouldn't be an educational one....

I'd like it if people's comments were enlightening at least in some
small way. "it's a matter of degree" is too vague to have any meaning,
tortrix has obviously not thought out his position.

> >> That's right.

> >Glad you admit it.

> What's wrong with pointing out the guilty?

If you live in modern society, consume factory farmed plant foods and
benefit from modern medicine, you have no moral authority. Look to
yourself.

> >> Like the way assholes point fingers at animal rights
> >> activists,

> >No, I point out your fallacious thinking because I hope to help you,

> You're a troll and a bad one, you have no humanity in your dwarven
> body, so don't kid us

It's true, you're seriously deluded and I feel empathy for you.

> >don't get a feeling of moral superiority out if it.

> Just as well, you have no right.

Just as ARAs have no right to feel superior.

> > I think you're in
> >the grip of a mind-virus.

> Yes, it's called crutch.

True, it IS a crutch, like a drug. Real life waits on the other side if
you'll just drop it.

> >> or environmental activists, or communists, or liberals,
> >> or feminists, or criminals or extremists
> >> or any other group of individuals for the assholes' or society's
> >> troubles and woes.

> >It's true that self-righteousness is a widespread disease, but ARAs

have
> >a particular version of it that is relevant in this discussion.

> How sad a life you lead to never understand humility, caring, ethics
> or morals.
>
> Another red herring?

No, it's an ad homimem fallacy. btw, are YOU *actually* claiming to
possess humility?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

retter

tortrix wrote:

> "Dutch" > wrote in message news:<IFrbb.1004829
>
> > Never lose sight of the fact that no-one's hands are clean. Animals are
> > killed in every type of food production, not to mention in the
> > development of the medicines and treatments and other modern
> > conveniences that support our comfort, longevity and quality of life.

> And the deaths and suffering of humans has also contributed to
> our comfort, longevity and quality of life. It is all a matter of
> degree -- something which Rick Etter and Jon Ball cannot grasp.
> ==============

Wrong again. But that's not unexpected from you, eh killer? The two are
not linked in anyway. Much money, time, and effort is put into
eliminating/reducing the accidental death of people in production.
Punishments are exacted for those those that do not follow the rules.
Everyone pays the costs of these rules and proceddures. No such attempts are
made in the killing of animlas. In fact, just the opposite. You reward the
farmer/producers for the killing he does to provide you with the cheapest,
most conveninet veggies. As usual, it is *you* that fails to comprehend
anything. But again, that's not unexpected for you either, is it?

> > It's a cheap rush to single out and point fingers at others.

> That's right. Like the way assholes point fingers at animal rights
> activists, or environmental activists, or communists, or liberals,
> or feminists, or criminals or extremists
> or any other group of individuals for the assholes' or society's
> troubles and woes.

Yes, you provide more than your share, hypocrite.

If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans - Ultra Spiritual Life episode 35 Ophelia[_14_] General Cooking 5 19-05-2016 12:12 PM
Life after death RichD Wine 2 15-06-2008 10:54 PM
Death means life Halcitron Vegan 226 04-02-2004 01:53 AM
For you meat eaters out there... Jack Schidt® General Cooking 4 22-12-2003 05:24 PM
Veg*ns contribute to death Kelolo Vegan 1 05-10-2003 11:09 AM