Steve Chaney, aka Papa Gunnykins ®

Default This bitch wants to take away my bucket of KFC!

Actress Pamela Anderson urges KFC boycott

Friday, October 17, 2003
By Reuters

LOS ANGELES — Actress Pamela Anderson joined an animal rights campaign
against fast-food chain KFC Thursday, urging a consumer boycott of the
franchise until it ensures better treatment of its chickens.

"If people knew how KFC treats chickens, they'd never eat another
drumstick," the Canadian-born former Baywatch beauty wrote in an open
letter circulated by the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
(PETA).

The letter was addressed to John Bitove, chairman of the Toronto-based
company Priszm Brandz, which owns the Canadian franchise to KFC, a division
of Yum Brands Inc.

"What KFC does to 750 million chickens each year is not civilized or
acceptable," she wrote. "I am calling for a boycott of all KFC restaurants
until my friends at PETA tell me that you have agreed to be kinder in your
practices."

A Priszm Brandz spokeswoman, Alessandra Saccal, dismissed claims that the
chickens sold in its KFC outlets are mistreated.

"We purchase our chickens from the same place that grocery stores and other
restaurants purchase their chickens from, and the chicken farmers of Canada
are very responsible and take the welfare of animals very seriously," she
said.

In July, PETA filed suit against KFC, accusing the company of making
misleading statements on its Web site regarding how the chickens it sells
are treated. PETA contends that the chickens KFC buys from suppliers are
abused through drugging, feeding, and slaughter practices.

Anderson is not the first celebrity to join PETA's cause against
Louisville, Ky.–based KFC. Former Beatle Paul McCartney appealed to the
fast-food chain in July to ensure better treatment of its chickens in a
PETA ad.

-- Steve
º¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤º
Steve Chaney

Remove "Vegetus." to get my real email address
See the soc.singles HALL OF STUPID:
http://member.newsguy.com/~gunhed/hallofstupid
"If only sheep could cook, we wouldn't need women at all! 8)" - Dizzy,
"I watched The Accused last night with Jodie Foster. Tough movie. I was
wondering what people felt as to whether or not they feel she deserved what
happened to her." - Brenda Lee Ehmka, Message-ID:

"Jade, your whole existence is spent trying to find people you can justify
vetting your rage toward thorugh all forms of harassment. Do you realize
that?" - Sunny, on Jade's life in a nutshell

Lady Veteran

Rich

KFC Chickens are tiny-drumsticks are dwarfed, and wings have no meat/ I'm
all for better treatment if, and only if it produces bigger pieces of
chicken!
"Steve Chaney, aka Papa Gunnykins ®" > wrote in
message ...
> Actress Pamela Anderson urges KFC boycott
>
> Friday, October 17, 2003
> By Reuters
>
> LOS ANGELES - Actress Pamela Anderson joined an animal rights campaign
> against fast-food chain KFC Thursday, urging a consumer boycott of the
> franchise until it ensures better treatment of its chickens.
>
> "If people knew how KFC treats chickens, they'd never eat another
> drumstick," the Canadian-born former Baywatch beauty wrote in an open
> letter circulated by the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
> (PETA).
>
> The letter was addressed to John Bitove, chairman of the Toronto-based
> company Priszm Brandz, which owns the Canadian franchise to KFC, a

division
> of Yum Brands Inc.
>
> "What KFC does to 750 million chickens each year is not civilized or
> acceptable," she wrote. "I am calling for a boycott of all KFC restaurants
> until my friends at PETA tell me that you have agreed to be kinder in your
> practices."
>
> A Priszm Brandz spokeswoman, Alessandra Saccal, dismissed claims that the
> chickens sold in its KFC outlets are mistreated.
>
> "We purchase our chickens from the same place that grocery stores and

other
> restaurants purchase their chickens from, and the chicken farmers of

Canada
> are very responsible and take the welfare of animals very seriously," she
> said.
>
> In July, PETA filed suit against KFC, accusing the company of making
> misleading statements on its Web site regarding how the chickens it sells
> are treated. PETA contends that the chickens KFC buys from suppliers are
> abused through drugging, feeding, and slaughter practices.
>
> Anderson is not the first celebrity to join PETA's cause against
> Louisville, Ky.-based KFC. Former Beatle Paul McCartney appealed to the
> fast-food chain in July to ensure better treatment of its chickens in a
> PETA ad.
>

> -- Steve
> º¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤º
> Steve Chaney
>
> Remove "Vegetus." to get my real email address
> See the soc.singles HALL OF STUPID:

http://member.newsguy.com/~gunhed/hallofstupid
> "If only sheep could cook, we wouldn't need women at all! 8)" - Dizzy,
> "I watched The Accused last night with Jodie Foster. Tough movie. I was
> wondering what people felt as to whether or not they feel she deserved

what
> happened to her." - Brenda Lee Ehmka, Message-ID:
> >
> "Jade, your whole existence is spent trying to find people you can justify
> vetting your rage toward thorugh all forms of harassment. Do you realize
> that?" - Sunny, on Jade's life in a nutshell

Kate

(Steve Chaney, aka Papa Gunnykins ®) wrote in message >...
> Actress Pamela Anderson urges KFC boycott
>
> Friday, October 17, 2003
> By Reuters
>
> LOS ANGELES ? Actress Pamela Anderson joined an animal rights campaign
> against fast-food chain KFC Thursday, urging a consumer boycott of the
> franchise until it ensures better treatment of its chickens.
>
> "If people knew how KFC treats chickens, they'd never eat another
> drumstick," the Canadian-born former Baywatch beauty wrote in an open
> letter circulated by the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
> (PETA).

How about wanting to make sure you get good healthy chicken to eat?
And that the growers get a fair price and contract from the owner's of
the little chicks? after all, the grower's don't own the chickens,
they just slave over them to grow them, but if they tried to buy their
own chicks and sell them, they would be hard-pressed to do so.
(shrimpers have similar problems- there is a coalition that decides
who gets to sell their shrimp.)

You know, capitalism isn't all it's cracked up to be, IMO. I'd love
to see lots of those multi-national corporations go into the toilet,
after the little shareholders sell their stock, of course.

=====
Kate,
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/a...f-formula.html
Mom to Ursula (8.9), Sage (6), Benno (2.7) In the months after
9/11,
a shocked nation wanted to believe the best of its leader, and Mr.
Bush
was treated with reverence. But he abused the trust placed in him,
pushing a partisan agenda that has left the nation weakened and
divided.
Yes, I know that's a rude thing to say. But it's also the truth. ~
Paul
Krugman

shryve

I hope she wears gloves

having Hep C she should not be touching peoples food

William

(Kate) wrote in message om>...

(Steve Chaney, aka Papa Gunnykins ®) wrote in message >...
> > Actress Pamela Anderson urges KFC boycott
> >
> > Friday, October 17, 2003
> > By Reuters
> >
> > LOS ANGELES ? Actress Pamela Anderson joined an animal rights campaign
> > against fast-food chain KFC Thursday, urging a consumer boycott of the
> > franchise until it ensures better treatment of its chickens.
> >
> > "If people knew how KFC treats chickens, they'd never eat another
> > drumstick," the Canadian-born former Baywatch beauty wrote in an open
> > letter circulated by the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
> > (PETA).

> How about wanting to make sure you get good healthy chicken to eat?
> And that the growers get a fair price and contract from the owner's of
> the little chicks? after all, the grower's don't own the chickens,
> they just slave over them to grow them, but if they tried to buy their
> own chicks and sell them, they would be hard-pressed to do so.
> (shrimpers have similar problems- there is a coalition that decides
> who gets to sell their shrimp.)
>
> You know, capitalism isn't all it's cracked up to be, IMO. I'd love
> to see lots of those multi-national corporations go into the toilet,
> after the little shareholders sell their stock, of course.
>
> =====
> Kate,
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/a...f-formula.html
> Mom to Ursula (8.9), Sage (6), Benno (2.7) In the months after
> 9/11,
> a shocked nation wanted to believe the best of its leader, and Mr.
> Bush
> was treated with reverence. But he abused the trust placed in him,
> pushing a partisan agenda that has left the nation weakened and
> divided.
> Yes, I know that's a rude thing to say. But it's also the truth. ~
> Paul
> Krugman

Puke Face Off Key

Hi Lardy Veteran. As usual, you are an idiot and
I have reported to the Federal Law Enforcement
Department of illegal copyright violating enema
sucking prick head frothing at the gills breaking
out in a rash, and dropping to your knees and
enthusiastically pleasuring me with your lips
and tongue oh yeah baby suck the big one
you sperm-encrusted gutter slut from hell.

"Lady Veteran" > wrote in message

http://www.uncensored-news.com

<><><><><><><><>

usual suspect

Kate wrote:
> How about wanting to make sure you get good healthy chicken to eat?

Chickens are inspected. It remains to you and your activist cronies to
actually prove the chickens are unhealthy, even in the aggregate, prior
to frying.

> And that the growers get a fair price and contract from the owner's of
> the little chicks?

They must be getting fair price or else they would be out of business.

> after all, the grower's don't own the chickens,

The law would beg to differ. The punishment for rustling is quite severe.

> they just slave over them to grow them,

Hyperbole. Can't you address issues without emoting?

> but if they tried to buy their
> own chicks and sell them, they would be hard-pressed to do so.

Not at all. The free market allows suppliers to enter into contracts. If
the contracts are not mutually beneficial, suppliers should not enter
into them.

> (shrimpers have similar problems- there is a coalition that decides
> who gets to sell their shrimp.)

Umm, not. Shrimpers are free to sell their catch to the highest bidders.
Today, that means shrimpers sell enough to wholesalers to cover basic
expenses (hopefully) and sell the rest directly to individuals. Many
farmers operate in the same manner, selling to both wholesalers and
directly to customers.

The dynamics of shrimping -- at least shrimp trawling -- have changed
with the increased level of shrimp farming. Shrimp farming, too, has
been impacted by the growth of shrimp farming in Asia. Shrimp trawling
is a dying industry, particularly here along the Gulf Coast. The reasons
have nothing to do with collusion as you allege.

The San Antonio Express News had a series on changes in the shrimp
industry a month or two ago. You may find it still online at
mysanantonio.com.

> You know, capitalism isn't all it's cracked up to be, IMO.

You've no apparently understanding of capitalism. Nevertheless, ask
anyone from eastern Europe, China, Cuba, or North Korea about the
alternatives.

> I'd love to see lots of those multi-national corporations go into
> the toilet,

You're very compassionate, aren't you. /sarcasm

> after the little shareholders sell their stock, of course.

Corporations, regardless of size, exist only so long as they provide
beneficial products or services to consumers. Your petty contempt for
things you don't understand isn't compassion, it's ignorance. Stop
confusing the two.

<snip of partisan prattle>

Bucket list z z General Cooking 67 09-02-2012 08:03 PM
KFC 9.99 bucket James[_1_] General Cooking 83 22-10-2008 12:13 AM
Ice Bucket [email protected] General Cooking 0 24-04-2008 12:29 PM
Ice Bucket [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 24-04-2008 12:29 PM
Chicken Bucket Dig General Cooking 12 16-08-2004 01:12 AM