MrFalafel

Default Mary's Garden Vegetable Casserole

Mary's Garden Vegetable Casserole

Ingredients
1/3 cup cooked rice
3-4 small summer squash sliced
2-3 medium onions sliced
1 bell pepper sliced
3-4 medium tomatoes sectioned
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp margarine thinly sliced

Method
In greased 1 1/2 quart casserole, arrange the vegetables in layers
(layer squash – layer onion…etc) In between layers, make 2 layers of
rice. Be sure not to have rice on the top or bottom of casserole.
Preferably have tomato layer on top. Salt and pepper to taste. Place
margarine slices on top. Bake uncovered at 325F for 1 1/2 hours.

From 'A Taste of Georgia' by members of the Newmann Junior Service
League circa 1976