MEow

Default Sunflower Seeds Vegan? [Bananas]

While frolicking around in alt.food.vegan, usual suspect of Road
Runner - Texas said:

>> In any case, I hold, what I know
>> you consider to be liberal ideas and part of my reasons for being a
>> veggie is ethics, so every time you lash out after liberals or people
>> with ethical reasons for being vegan, then it includes me. The only
>> thing I said didn't include me was being on a mission.

>Thanks for FINALLY being honest about that.

I've already said that before and more than once too.
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
usual suspect

gender confused wrote:

Quote:

>>>Nor do I.
>>>

>>>Seems to imply that you have no moral problems with it,

>>You sure are reading a whole lot into my statements, hussy. Whether or
>>not I have disagreement over the morality of what others do is begging
>>the question. The issue was whether or not I intend to get upset about
>>it. I didn't, I don't, and I won't.
>>
>>>or is it something you consider immoral, but not upsetting?

>>I think my posts against sadomasochism and homosexuality are still
>>archived at Google. Perhaps you can figure out my views from when I've
>>already addressed the issue. I haven't changed my mind.
>>
>>>Sounds a bit inconsistent.

>>Only to someone like you intent on stirring up shit rather than taking
>>someone at his word.

> You didn't address my point.

Yes, I did. I said I wouldn't get upset about it. I'm not upset, and I
won't get upset about it. It isn't worth my time and there's nothing I
can do to stop him from doing what he wants with other consenting
adults. That does NOT mean I find such behavior acceptable or beneficial
to anyone involved.

> You said that you didn't intend to get
> upset about it. How does that go with finding it immoral, if you do
> find it immoral?

The two are completely unrelated, dummy. I'm not upset by what some
pederast chooses to do out of my sight. If he explains his predilections
in any detail, I may or may not express my views about
morality/immorality. I still wouldn't get upset at any point in that chain.

Contrary to what you apparently think of me, and perhaps others, I don't
get physically or emotionally upset by what others say or do. My mind,
emotions, and body are not controlled or affected by the private actions
of others.

>>The OP made a generalization on par with ones I've made and to which
>>you've taken exception. Pinko.

> He has said, directly, that not all banana farms was bad and some
> might be having better standards, but he didn't know which ones.

He made a rash generalization about his behavior and attributed it to a
sense of ethics. I took exception, and I still do. That is what every
aspect of my responses to him was about. Your silly game has only
muddied the water, and taken us away from the main issues I raised. In
so doing, you chose to ignore the points I made and interpret ONE
****ING QUESTION in light of what you *think* I meant or thought. You
were, and still are, WRONG about my intentions.

>>I didn't say they were all bad, either. Again, you reflexively give
>>others a measure of benefit of the doubt and assign to me the worst of
>>intentions. You are a misguided, shrill idiot.

> Ehm - I'll repeat my question, as you didn't answer it: Do you agree
> that *some* of them are bad?

I did answer it.

>>>That something comes from an activist doesn't
>>>automatically make it 100% wrong.

>>Damn sure doesn't make it 100% right, either.

> Correct.
>

>>In most cases, the
>>propaganda from activists is easier to dismiss than industry rhetoric
>>for the sole reason that governments oversee industries and industry
>>claims. Activists have no accountability with respect to the truth, and
>>do they ever take advantage of that lack of accountability.

> I'll believe them over the commercials from an industry where they
> have a salees-rate to protect.

You must be ignorant of the fact that claims made in advertising are
overseen by government regulators. I don't know which agency or agencies
operate in Sweden, Denmark, or if it's handled by the Eurocrats, but
here it's the Federal Trade Commission. They're very active in pursuing
false claims by industries, companies, and illegitimate sales operations.

<snip of continued nagging>

I'll be nice when you apologize. E-mail me if you're not man enough to
do it here.

usual suspect

gender confused wrote:
>>>In any case, I hold, what I know
>>>you consider to be liberal ideas and part of my reasons for being a
>>>veggie is ethics, so every time you lash out after liberals or people
>>>with ethical reasons for being vegan, then it includes me. The only
>>>thing I said didn't include me was being on a mission.

>>Thanks for FINALLY being honest about that.

> I've already said that before and more than once too.

No, you've continually said it was irrelevant.

MEow

Runner - Texas said:

>> You said that you didn't intend to get
>> upset about it. How does that go with finding it immoral, if you do
>> find it immoral?

>The two are completely unrelated, dummy. I'm not upset by what some
>pederast chooses to do out of my sight. If he explains his predilections
>in any detail, I may or may not express my views about
>morality/immorality. I still wouldn't get upset at any point in that chain.
>
>Contrary to what you apparently think of me, and perhaps others, I don't
>get physically or emotionally upset by what others say or do. My mind,
>emotions, and body are not controlled or affected by the private actions
>of others.

Finding something to be immoral would imply getting upset by it where
I'm from. What else would finding it immoral mean?

>>>The OP made a generalization on par with ones I've made and to which
>>>you've taken exception. Pinko.

>> He has said, directly, that not all banana farms was bad and some
>> might be having better standards, but he didn't know which ones.

>He made a rash generalization about his behavior and attributed it to a
>sense of ethics. I took exception, and I still do.

He still didn't generalise all banana farms, on the quite contrary.

>That is what every
>aspect of my responses to him was about. Your silly game has only
>muddied the water, and taken us away from the main issues I raised. In
>so doing, you chose to ignore the points I made and interpret ONE
>****ING QUESTION in light of what you *think* I meant or thought. You
>were, and still are, WRONG about my intentions.

Well, you can answer his direct reply to your post. I'm not stopping
you from that.

>>>I didn't say they were all bad, either. Again, you reflexively give
>>>others a measure of benefit of the doubt and assign to me the worst of
>>>intentions. You are a misguided, shrill idiot.

>> Ehm - I'll repeat my question, as you didn't answer it: Do you agree
>> that *some* of them are bad?

>I did answer it.

You said "I didn't say they're all bad either" which is not what I
asked. How about a simple "yes" or "no".

>I'll be nice when you apologize. E-mail me if you're not man enough to
>do it here.

I see nothing I need to apologise for, but if you can show me that I
have done something which I ought to apologise for, I'm a big enough
person to do so here.
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
Unreferenced footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemwiki.pl?ISFN
"Hummm.... 86 percent male. Which probably explains why I only have fun 14 percent
of the time...." Therion Ware (a.a.)
MEow

While frolicking around in alt.food.vegan, Jay of Shaw Residential
Internet said:

>HI Nikitta,
>
>I took no offense to someone asking about what seemed to him to be
>contradiction between my post and my sig. It's a valid question and I take
>responsibility for everything I post, including my sig.
>
>I kind of agree that understanding that something is a joke and criticising
>it in seriousness is valid as well. After all, there are many offensive
>jokes out there and they may be funny to some and not to others (who might
>'get' the joke but still find it flawed or un-funny).

True, but seeing something as a joke and acting as if the person
making the joke means it looks very contradicting to me.

>Anyway, my point is,
>don't wear yourself out fighting a battle that isn't neccessary, AFAIC.

I get your point. However, I did think he was unfair and is in lashing
out at anyone who talks about ethics, or has opinions he considers to
be liberal. There's a long-time thing about that and we've never been
the best of friends.

Well, it late and I'll go to bed.
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
Unreferenced footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemwiki.pl?ISFN
"Hummm.... 86 percent male. Which probably explains why I only have fun 14 percent
of the time...." Therion Ware (a.a.)

MEow

Runner - Texas said:

>>>Thanks for FINALLY being honest about that.

>> I've already said that before and more than once too.

>No, you've continually said it was irrelevant.

Just the details of it. I never hid the fact that parts of my reasons
for being vegan are ethical and that this was why I felt you had
included me when said that all ethical vegans think they're on a
mission, or something to that effect. Actually that was my whole
point. I've never hid the fact that I'm quite left-winged, either.
Actually I mentioned that in a poll, before you got to ask me. So,
I've been honest about it the whole time. Saying that I wasn't is
lying.
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
Unreferenced footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemwiki.pl?ISFN
"Hummm.... 86 percent male. Which probably explains why I only have fun 14 percent
of the time...." Therion Ware (a.a.)
frlpwr

Default "ethical" bananas (was Sunflower Seeds Vegan?)

usual suspect wrote:

(snip)

> <snip of someone's bogus term paper: note many of the sources
> are activist publications>

Do you have a set of counter facts?

Wohali

Default Sunflower Seeds Vegan?

Talk about your thread drift. :-P

Thanks for the feedback. And for the info on bananas! Something to
watch out for.

Happy Thanksgiving Canada & US. We're still talking about how to
spends ours.
--
Wohali
"Those who are enjoying something, or suffering something

second request sunflower seeds [email protected] Preserving 3 28-08-2007 10:28 PM
Sunflower Seeds [email protected] Preserving 0 23-08-2007 03:54 PM
Sunflower Seeds Cougar Diabetic 13 17-06-2007 08:00 PM
Jim Beam Sunflower Seeds? Maxwell Sanchez General Cooking 5 02-08-2004 10:27 PM
Sunflower seeds ~August General Cooking 2 06-10-2003 07:18 PM