-L.

Default Uses for G. Foreman Grill?

"nemo" > wrote in message >...
> -L. > wrote in message
> m...
> > (Sbzeldman) wrote in message

> > > I got a George Foreman Grill as a gift. Do any of you out there use

> one? What
> > > do you make with it?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Sarah Z.

> > Coming late to this but:
> >
> > Marinated, sliced Portobellas, peppers and onions - grill until
> > slightly blackened, and onions are carmelized (you will have to stir
> > off and on). Also works well for aspargus.
> >
> > I also pre-nuke potatoes, slice, and grill in a little oil - add some
> > marinade of choice just prior to serving. Have done the same with
> > yams - just don't pre-nuke them for as long.
> >
> > HTH,
> > -L.

> A George Foreman Grill?? (Does a Google) Odd looking thing. A bit like a
> sandwich toaster.

With raised "grill" protrusions. It's great - I have the XL size and
love it - use it all the time.

> What are the veggies marinated in?

Usually some type of Italian-like marinade - garlic flavored red wine
vinegar, oil (canola or olive) crushed garlic, grated onion, a little
lemon juice, spices. Sometimes just melted margerine, apple cider
vinegar and pepper.

> A lot of my stuff starts with mushrooms fried or grilled very well. Good
> meat substitute.

Me too. I eat them every day.

> Then when fried, garlic and very finely sliced onions
> added. A few cumin and ajwain seeds from the start give a very good flavour.

Hum - never used ajwain - what is it like?

> BTW: Always thought an "off an' on" was an Israeli cyclist on a very bumpy
> road )
>
> Can't have asparagus. Too much oxalic acid. Kidney stones you know. (^!^)

Really? Didn't know. What a shame. It's my favorite veggie.

-L.