FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   WARNING - Redwood Food Company - chilled food delivery health concerns. (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/164566-re-warning-redwood-food.html)

Gary 27-11-2008 05:22 PM

WARNING - Redwood Food Company - chilled food delivery health concerns.

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:14:40 +0100, Veggie Delights
> wrote:

>Notice.
>
>It has recently come to our attention that Redwood is being
>investigated by Environmental Health Officers regarding unsafe
>practice in the delivery of chilled foods. We have received complaints
>that Redwood have been sending out chilled food for home delivery with
>insufficient ice packs and packaging. This has resulted in foods being
>delivered at 19c which is a health hazard.
>
>Redwood claim as the food is not meat based it does not represent a
>risk at these temperatures. This is blatantly misleading, dangerous
>and illegal.
>
>This situation has been going on for some considerable time and
>Redwood have refused to deal with it. Corby Health Officers are now
>investigating.
>
>Great product range let down by incompetent and unwilling management.
>If you do use Redwood please be sure to check the temperature of your
>goods and if it is too high you are advised to send it back for a full
>refund and inform Corby EH Officers. Please also inform us here on the
>public forums so we can take precautions. Please also keep some
>samples back for analysis.
>
>Regulations state
>
>Cold foods€¦ must be kept at 8°C or below.This is a legal requirement
>in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. In Scotland food must also be
>kept cold.
>
>FSA
>Don't make your mealtime a horror story
>Monday 9 June 2008
>

>Cases of salmonella and campylobacter food poisoning are set to soar
>to more than 120,000 in just three months this summer. The Agency's
>latest food hygiene campaign, 'GermWatch' aims to combat the rise in
>food poisoning cases, which double during the summer months and cost
>the economy, in England and Wales, upwards of £1.5 billion a year.
>

>Complaints and concerns should be addressed to
>
>The Redwood Wholefood Co. Ltd
>Redwood House
>Burkitt Road
>Earlstrees Industrial Estate
>Corby
>Northants
>NN17 4DT
>Tel: +44 (01536) 400557
>Fax: +44 (01536) 408878

>www.redwoodfoods.co.uk/contact/index.html

>Environmental Health
>Corby Borough Council
>Deene House
>New Post Office Square
>Corby
>Northants
>NN17 1GD
>
>Tel: 01536 464052
>Fax: 01536 464644
>Email:

I see it's not the first time they have been pulled up then?

Mind you I find their food a bit plastic anyway, especially the
cheese. I'll stick with Quorn and Asda.

** Posted from
http://www.teranews.com **