Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,rec.food.veg,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.veg

Default Heads Up: Cotton Traders now doing veggie shoes and BEWARE Redwood Foods home delivery health hazard.

Good news on the boots front. Cotton Traders
http://www.cottontraders.co.uk/
now do quite a range of veggie though it's not listed as such.

This is copied from the veggie forums.

* Please be advised that the below is a list of all the €œvegetarian€
styles. No animal has been used in these below styles including
glues and other components.

AQ10212 €“ Stretch Wedge Boot.

AQ10213 €“ Wedge Shoe.

AQ10214 €“ Bow Trim Pump.

AQ10215 €“ Buckle Trim Pump.

AQ10218 €“ Fleece Lined Cord Boot.

AQ10221 €“ Zip Up Comfort Boot.

AQ10208 €“ Toggle Fleece Lined Boot.

AQ10206 €“ Mens Wellington.

AQ10199 €“ Warm Lined Boot.

AQ10203 €“ Classic W/P Boot.

AQ10204 €“ Casual Trekker Shoe.

AQ10201 €“ Casual W/P Boot.

AQ10202 €“ Casual W/P Shoe.

AQ10242 €“ Lace up Trnr.

AQ10243 €“ Easy Fasten Trnr.

AQ10216 €“ Mary Jane Shoe.

AQ10217 €“ Cord Pump.

AQ10308 €“ Twist Sling Back.

AQ10303 €“ Twist Wedge.

AQ10300 €“ Sling Back Espadrille.

AQ10299 €“ Buckle Espadrille Mule.

AQ10201 €“ Casual W/P Boot.

AQ10277 €“ Classic W/P Shoe.

AQ10203 €“ Classic W/P Boot.

AQ10279 €“ Slip on Hiker.

AQ10332 €“ Mens Trekker.

AQ10179 €“ Ladies Trekker.

AQ10204 €“ Casual Trekker Shoe.

AQ10313 €“ All Terrain Sandal.

AQ10271 €“ Lace up Trnr.

AQ10284 €“ Strider Sandal.

AQ10275 €“ Holiday Clog.

AQ10273 €“ Toggle Aqua Trnr.

AQ10274 €“ Ladies Aqua Pump.

AQ10307 €“ Pleat Peep Toe.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Customer Services
For and on behalf of Cotton Traders Ltd *

When queried why they are calling some items PU Nubuck they state

* Thank you for your further email. I have checked with our
merchandise department regarding PU leather and they have fowarded to
me the details :-

To be exact in our PU Nubuck /leathercomposition, we can state that
this is made on a man-made cloth and includes coating of a separable
release substrate material with a polyurethane (PU) resin.

This is then disposed in an impregnation tank to allow the PU resin to
congeal into a sheet of minute pores attached to the release substrate
material. The release substrate material together with the sheet is
soaked in a wash tank to rinse off residual dimethyformamide (DMP)

The surface of the release substrate material is coated with a water
soluble resin that is later dissolved in water and then rinsed off.
The release substrate material is put into an oven to dry and then
removed to a grinder and huge rollers for processing into a nubuck
sheet.

(This is how the feel and visual characteristics of real nubuck is
processed)

The nubuck sheet is then washed again in a wash tank to rinse off the
water-soluble resin, it is then dried, subjected to surface finishing,
and than separated from the release substrate material to obtain a PU
nubuck sheet.

At no point do we use any animal skin in processing our PU
Nubuck/leather

I hope this is of assistance.

Kind Regards

Customer Services
For and on behalf of Cotton Traders Ltd *

*************************************
Please watch out if ordering from Redwood Foods
http://www.redwoodfoods.co.uk/

The dick heads are sending out the chilled food unrefrigerated or
chilled which means by the time we get it it's almost hot! Customer
service don't care either.

Don't take chances on your health send it back if it arrives in an
unhygienic state, and report them.

Asda now doing some lovely QUORN mini Scotch eggs and pork pies. Great
for snacks on your walks. Check out the QUORN range it's fabulous.
http://www.quorn.co.uk

All the best everyone and thanks for your tips in the past.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,rec.food.veg,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.veg

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 16:17:48 +0000, Gary > wrote:

> [...]
>
>At no point do we use any animal skin in processing our PU
>Nubuck/leather
>
>I hope this is of assistance.
>
>Kind Regards
>

>Customer Services
>For and on behalf of Cotton Traders Ltd *
>
>*************************************
>Please watch out if ordering from Redwood Foods
>http://www.redwoodfoods.co.uk/
>
>The dick heads are sending out the chilled food unrefrigerated or
>chilled which means by the time we get it it's almost hot! Customer
>service don't care either.
>
>Don't take chances on your health send it back if it arrives in an
>unhygienic state, and report them.

>Asda now doing some lovely QUORN mini Scotch eggs and pork pies. Great
>for snacks on your walks. Check out the QUORN range it's fabulous.
>http://www.quorn.co.uk
>

>All the best everyone and thanks for your tips in the past.

PS: Can anyone recommend a good veggie B&B in the Bristol area please?

TIA.