Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

Default PETA Fascists Begin Bullying Meat-eaters

It must have been inevitable for the PETA people to become Fascists
just like the MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists. We can expect more
non-stop bullying until they get their way, like a bunch of cry-
babies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...rs-856591.html

Animal rights group turns its fire on celebrity meat-eaters

After helping to make fur coats taboo, campaigners at Peta are using
hardline tactics on A-list carnivores

By Rachel Shields
Sunday, 29 June 2008

Animal rights protesters have launched a series of angry campaigns
against A-list carnivores. They are shifting their focus from
celebrities who wear fur to others who encourage the "exploitation" of
animals by eating them. In its latest campaign, Peta – People for the
Ethical Treatment of Animals, which became infamous for dousing fur-
wearers in red paint – has launched an attack on the singer Jessica
Simpson.

Ms Simpson was singled out for ridicule after she was spotted wearing
a T-shirt bearing the slogan "Real Girls Eat Meat", believed to be a
light-hearted dig at her boyfriend Tony Romo's vegetarian ex-
girlfriend, Carrie Underwood.

Alistair Currie, a spokesman for Peta, said: "Jessica Simpson might
have a right to wear what she wants, but she doesn't have a right to
eat what she wants – eating meat is about suffering and death. Some
people feel like they are standing up against a tide of political
correctness when they make a statement like this – what she is really
doing is standing up for the status quo."

The animal rights group doctored a photo of Ms Simpson to read "Only
Stupid Girls Eat Meat", and listed "five reasons only stupid girls eat
meat".

In May the group condemned the British actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers for
admitting that he had tried dog meat while in China.

The Peta attacks are seen as a sign of the radicalisation of some
vegetarian groups. They claim eating meat causes environmental
destruction, damages human health and contributes to global hunger, as
well as inflicting suffering on billions of animals.

Vegetarians International Voice for Animals (Viva!) claims that there
are currently between five and six million vegetarians in the UK but
estimates that as many as a third of population have significantly
reduced their meat intake.

"Vegetarians are still in a minority – most people eat meat. You're
sticking your neck out as a vegetarian, and so most are passionate
about it," said Annette Pinner, the chief executive of the Vegetarian
Society.

A recent pronouncement from the head of the UN climate change agency
that the best thing people can do to halt global warming is to turn
vegetarian has taken the debate a step further.

Paul McCartney, a veteran vegetarian campaigner, recently launched
"Meat Free Mondays" to encourage meat-eaters to eat vegetarian food
once a week, citing the UN's statement as a good reason to forgo
meat.

Yet there is evidence that the British public might be rebelling
against pressure to cut their meat consumption. Despite the cost of
meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by
42 per cent.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

This is just a troll so it is stupid to bother replying to it, but
I'll just observe that the Centre for Consumer Freedom has a perfect
right to do an advertising campaign pointing out that PETA has made a
financial contribution to a group which is currently classified as a
terrorist organisation in an effort to discredit the philosophical
positions that the group takes, they have a perfect right to engage in
pot-calling-the-kettle-black tactics claiming that the name of the
organisation Physicians' Committee for Responsible Medicine is a
misnomer, they are really a group pushing an animal rights agenda,
when we all know perfectly well that the Centre for Consumer Freedom
is a lobby group for the meat and tobacco industries, and PETA has a
perfect right to do an ad campaign saying that it is stupid to eat
meat for whatever reasons they can come up with to defend that
contention, and none of this is bullying, it is just exercise of the
right to free speech.

If you want to explore the meaning of the word "bullying" then have a
look at some footage of factory farms and slaughterhouses.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

I'll just explore the topic of bullying and the right to free speech a
bit further. A good friend of mine, about my age, just finishing off
an accounting degree and with a fairly small salary working for Animal
Liberation NSW, was recently in court facing a seven-figure lawsuit
because she went to Pitt Street Mall a couple of times and handed out
a few leaflets discussing a practice that quite a lot of Australian
sheep farmers do known as "mulesing". With this procedure a large
chunk of flesh is removed from a sheep's backside with a pair of
gardening shears, for the purpose of preventing blowfly strike. At the
time of the protests my friend was doing it was usual to do this
procedure without any anaesthetic. There is now a legal requirement to
use anaesthetic and the wool industry has made a commitment to phase
out the practice, I think our campaign can take some of the credit for
that. We made the statement that mulesing is cruel, there was some
discussion of that in court, apparently they found the statement in
some way objectionable. Anyway, Australian Wool Innovation claimed
that we had violated the Trade Practices Act by calling for a boycott
of Australian wool (which we hadn't, although PETA had done that, but
they had to bring us into court along with PETA because it's an
Australian law and they had to get an Australian organisation
involved). They sued two Animal Liberation NSW activists and claimed
that they should be liable for $5 million to cover the costs of an
advertising campaign that they had to do in response to our campaign.
They kept Animal Liberation NSW tied up with the initial hearings for
many months. This of course meant that we had to devote time and money
into arguing our case that the matter shouldn't go to court, thereby
preventing us from functioning effectively as an organisation. I
myself was involved in these protests and it is only a matter of good
fortune that I did not have to go to court myself. As you can imagine,
for individuals like myself or my friend the idea of potentially being
liable for seven-figure amounts, even if the possibility is fairly
remote, is fairly stressful. I think at the time we were handing out
the leaflets we had this crazy idea that we lived in a liberal
democracy and were allowed to publicly express our opinions about
practices that concerned us.

That may help to clarify the concept of "bullying" for you.

The McLibel trial is another example, though that one backfired.

Understand? That's what bullying is. A public expression of an opinion
that it's immoral or in some other way undesirable to eat meat is an
exercise of the right to free speech, phenomena like the above two
examples are what you call bullying.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 29, 3:01 pm, Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists
> [...]
> about it," said Annette Pinner, the chief executive of the Vegetarian
> Society.
>
> A recent pronouncement from the head of the UN climate change agency
> that the best thing people can do to halt global warming is to turn
> vegetarian has taken the debate a step further.
>
> Paul McCartney, a veteran vegetarian campaigner, recently launched
> "Meat Free Mondays" to encourage meat-eaters to eat vegetarian food
> once a week, citing the UN's statement as a good reason to forgo
> meat.
>
> Yet there is evidence that the British public might be rebelling
> against pressure to cut their meat consumption. Despite the cost of
> meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
> rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
> sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by

Use another term besides fascist. It doesn't fit the people that
you're describing.

Fascism:
1. often Fascism
a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under
a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the
opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of
belligerent nationalism and racism.
b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a
system of government.
2. Oppressive, dictatorial control

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 30, 10:20*am, Eat the rich > wrote:
> [...]

> > meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
> > rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
> > sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by
> > 42 per cent.

> Use another term besides fascist. *It doesn't fit the people that
> you're describing.
>
> Fascism:
> 1. *often Fascism
> a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under
> a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the
> opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of
> belligerent nationalism and racism.
> b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a
> system of government.
> 2. Oppressive, dictatorial control- Hide quoted text -

A fascist government can be all of the above and more but fascism in
and of itself consists of one thing only; "corporatism merged with
government."
That is the definition Benito Mussolini used to describe fascism.

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 29, 8:20*pm, Eat the rich > wrote:
> [...]

> > meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
> > rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
> > sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by
> > 42 per cent.

> Use another term besides fascist. *It doesn't fit the people that
> you're describing.
>
> Fascism:
> 1. *often Fascism
> a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under
> a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the
> opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of
> belligerent nationalism and racism.
> b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a
> system of government.
> 2. Oppressive, dictatorial control- Hide quoted text -

Your brain is out-dated. PETA fits def #2 "Oppressive, dictatorial
control", ie getting in people's face and bullying and intimidating
people with "Meat Is Murder", "Meat is Cruelty", "Meat is Bad for the
Environment" (though mankind has been eating meat for thousands of
years, and those animals would be dead whether eaten or not).

PETA also stopped a bug-eating contest for Halloween, while animals
continue to eat bugs (animals eat meat too).

So it's perfectly ok for a wolf or a hyena or a lion to kill an animal
and eat it, but PETA needs to SCREAM about hunters "being cruel" and
meat eaters "being cruel". It's time to start hunting the PETA
members, and the stupid Environmentalists. They serve ZERO purpose.

And since it's perfectly OK for you dopey left-wing loons to go around
harassing people, then it's perfectly OK for the NRA to start
harassing PETA and the EnviroNut-Jobs.

Keep whining about the word "fascist" like its meaning hasn't
changed. The words "faggot", "***", and "Democrat" had different
meanings once upon a time, but all mean something new today. And you
ought to know, since you liberals love to play word games, and take
shit out of context, and claim things are out of context when they
aren't.

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 29, 11:14*pm, "Mr.Smartypants" > wrote:
> [...]

> > > 42 per cent.

> > Use another term besides fascist. *It doesn't fit the people that
> > you're describing.

> > Fascism:
> > 1. *often Fascism
> > a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under
> > a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the
> > opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of
> > belligerent nationalism and racism.
> > b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a
> > system of government.
> > 2. Oppressive, dictatorial control- Hide quoted text -

> A fascist government can be all of the above and more but fascism in
> and of itself consists of one thing only; "corporatism merged with
> government."
> That is the definition Benito Mussolini used to describe fascism.- Hide quoted text -

Hey that's great Mr DummySkirt. Words change meaning, and it's been
60 years. Mussolini was a left-winger, Fascism was of the left then,
as it is now, but different with the bully Fascist protesters and
oppressing bully No Drill-ocrat Marxists. Go outside and smoke a fag
and pretend the EnviroFascists don't care what harm it does to the
air.

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 30, 1:03*am, Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists
> [...]

> continue to eat bugs (animals eat meat too).
>
> So it's perfectly ok for a wolf or a hyena or a lion to kill an animal
> and eat it, but PETA needs to SCREAM about hunters "being cruel" and
> meat eaters "being cruel". *It's time to start hunting the PETA
> members, and the stupid Environmentalists. *They serve ZERO purpose.
>
> And since it's perfectly OK for you dopey left-wing loons to go around
> harassing people, then it's perfectly OK for the NRA to start
> harassing PETA and the EnviroNut-Jobs.
>
> Keep whining about the word "fascist" like its meaning hasn't
> changed. *The words "faggot", "***", and "Democrat" had different
> meanings once upon a time, but all mean something new today. *And you
> ought to know, since you liberals love to play word games, and take
> shit out of context, and claim things are out of context when they

Hey, Ball! We've found someone to make you look sophisticated and
intelligent!

Aren't you happy?
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 30, 6:07*pm, Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists
> wrote:
> On Jun 29, 11:14*pm, "Mr.Smartypants" > wrote:
>

> > On Jun 30, 10:20*am, Eat the rich > wrote:

> > > On Jun 29, 3:01 pm, Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists

> > > Use another term besides fascist. *It doesn't fit the people that
> > > you're describing.

> > > Fascism:
> > > 1. *often Fascism
> > > a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under
> > > a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the
> > > opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of
> > > belligerent nationalism and racism.
> > > b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a
> > > system of government.
> > > 2. Oppressive, dictatorial control- Hide quoted text -

> > A fascist government can be all of the above and more but fascism in
> > and of itself consists of one thing only; "corporatism merged with
> > government."
> > That is the definition Benito Mussolini used to describe fascism.- Hide quoted text -

> Hey that's great Mr DummySkirt. *Words change meaning, and it's been
> 60 years. *Mussolini was a left-winger, Fascism was of the left then,
> as it is now, but different with the bully Fascist protesters and
> oppressing bully No Drill-ocrat Marxists. *Go outside and smoke a fag
> and pretend the EnviroFascists don't care what harm it does to the
> air.- Hide quoted text -

Fascism is nothing more than corporatism merged with government.

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 1, 2:08*am, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> > This is just a troll so it is stupid to bother replying to it,

> It is not "just a troll", but it is utterly predictable that even though
> you believe it is stupid to reply to it, you reply to it anyway. *You
> fatuous ****.

And you believe it is not a troll just like you believe
"axiomatizable" is not a real word.

You'd better advise Rupert what to tell his doctor on July 14.
Time is running out and you are a notorious time waster.

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 29, 6:01*pm, Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists
> [...]
> about it," said Annette Pinner, the chief executive of the Vegetarian
> Society.
>
> A recent pronouncement from the head of the UN climate change agency
> that the best thing people can do to halt global warming is to turn
> vegetarian has taken the debate a step further.
>
> Paul McCartney, a veteran vegetarian campaigner, recently launched
> "Meat Free Mondays" to encourage meat-eaters to eat vegetarian food
> once a week, citing the UN's statement as a good reason to forgo
> meat.
>
> Yet there is evidence that the British public might be rebelling
> against pressure to cut their meat consumption. Despite the cost of
> meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
> rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
> sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by

PETA = left wing wackos
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 1, 12:08 am, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> > This is just a troll so it is stupid to bother replying to it,

> It is not "just a troll", but it is utterly predictable that even though
> you believe it is stupid to reply to it, you reply to it anyway. You
> fatuous ****.

Oh, yes, Ball, of course it is an attempt to have a serious
conversation.

If only I were more like you and never evaluated my own actions as
stupid. You do realise I cry myself to sleep every night about the
fact that I'm not Jonathan Ball, don't you?
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 1, 3:58 am, charley > wrote:
> [...]

> > about it," said Annette Pinner, the chief executive of the Vegetarian
> > Society.

> > A recent pronouncement from the head of the UN climate change agency
> > that the best thing people can do to halt global warming is to turn
> > vegetarian has taken the debate a step further.

> > Paul McCartney, a veteran vegetarian campaigner, recently launched
> > "Meat Free Mondays" to encourage meat-eaters to eat vegetarian food
> > once a week, citing the UN's statement as a good reason to forgo
> > meat.

> > Yet there is evidence that the British public might be rebelling
> > against pressure to cut their meat consumption. Despite the cost of
> > meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
> > rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
> > sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by

The phrase "left wing" scarcely means anything anymore. If you can
demonstrate some sort of correlation between animal rights views and
other views that are generally regarded as "left wing", well, great,
I'll try hard to stay awake and pretend I care.

Alas, I cannot aspire to the level of sanity that the OP exhibits, it
is just not the way I am wired up. I suppose there is nothing for it
but to deny my right to free speech, for the sake of fighting fascism.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 1, 12:08 am, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> > This is just a troll so it is stupid to bother replying to it,

> It is not "just a troll", but it is utterly predictable that even though
> you believe it is stupid to reply to it, you reply to it anyway. You
> fatuous ****.

Can I just clarify one thing, Ball. You believe that if you evaluate
an Internet activity as stupid you shouldn't engage in it. Well, sure,
that sounds like a reasonable stance and Dutch has been advocating it
recently. But you do realise what that says about you, don't you? You
actually believe that this whole group isn't an idiotic waste of time?
I show these conversations to my friend from work and he says "Why do
you spend so much time here? It's just a bunch of people slagging each
other off". You actually fail to understand that that is the view that
any impartial observer would take of this group?

I mean, in the build-up to my second psychotic episode in 2002 my
father was saying "You know, Rupert, I don't think you should spend so
much time on the internet, I don't think it's that important." So
maybe it would be advisable to get my psychiatrist to critically
evaluate my internet activity. You want to push that line? But of
course in that case she will also be giving frank feedback about the
mental states of the other participants...

You think you're doing something sensible and worthwhile here, do you?
Most interesting indeed.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 30, 8:54*pm, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> >> It is not "just a troll", but it is utterly predictable that even though
> >> you believe it is stupid to reply to it, you reply to it anyway. *You
> >> fatuous ****.

> > Oh, yes, Rudy, of course it is an attempt to have a serious
> > conversation.

> It was.

Ball, I sincerely thank you for all the times you have made me laugh
out loud.

If you are saying that the OP actually sincerely holds the opinions he
expresses, well, that may very well be but it's taking a very unkind
view of his intelligence, you really should be more charitable towards
people.

Certainly having serious discussion was not the motive. His motive was
to stir up trouble just for the sake of it, regardless of whether he
actually believes the ludicrous rubbish he talks.

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 30, 8:54*pm, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> >> It is not "just a troll", but it is utterly predictable that even though
> >> you believe it is stupid to reply to it, you reply to it anyway. *You
> >> fatuous ****.

> > Can I just clarify one thing, Rudy.

> No. *You are incapable of clarification. *You're a windy, wheezy ****
> who always obscures, never clarifies.

I always expound on your shortcomings with piercing clarity which you
cannot endure, and you always snip and evade.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 1, 12:01*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Jun 30, 8:54*pm, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
> > Rupert wrote:

> > > Can I just clarify one thing, Rudy.

> > No. *You are incapable of clarification. *You're a windy, wheezy ****
> > who always obscures, never clarifies.

> I always expound on your shortcomings with piercing clarity which you
> cannot endure, and you always snip and evade.

hey rupert just wondering the statement from peta is "jessica Simpson
does not have the right eat what she wants" last time I looked she did
Am I missing something here?
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 30, 9:06*pm, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> >> No. *You are incapable of clarification. *You're a windy, wheezy ****
> >> who always obscures, never clarifies.

> > I always pound sand up my ass.

> Right.

It just never stops, does it, Ball? Now you're reduced to editing text
and you still won't give up. You never get tired of making me laugh.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 30, 9:11*pm, wrote:
> On Jul 1, 12:01*am, Rupert > wrote:

> > > No. *You are incapable of clarification. *You're a windy, wheezy ****
> > > who always obscures, never clarifies.

> > I always expound on your shortcomings with piercing clarity which you
> > cannot endure, and you always snip and evade.

> hey rupert just wondering the statement from peta is "jessica Simpson
> does not have the right eat what she wants" last time I looked she did
> Am I missing something here?

Yes, you are. People don't have the right to eat what they want. I
don't have the right to kill you and eat you, that is not
controversial.

What people do and don't have the right to eat is a matter for
reasonable disagreement and there should be free and open discussion
of it in a free society. Expressing an opinion different to that of
the mainstream is not a form of bullying. Dragging people into court
for expressing their opinion and talking some rubbish about how they
have violated the Trade Practices Act is.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 30, 9:06*pm, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> >> It was.

> > Rudy, I sincerely thank you

> You're welcome, shit-4-braincell.

It's big of you.

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 1, 12:14*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Jun 30, 9:11*pm, wrote:

> > > I always expound on your shortcomings with piercing clarity which you
> > > cannot endure, and you always snip and evade.

> > hey rupert just wondering the statement from peta is "jessica Simpson
> > does not have the right eat what she wants" last time I looked she did
> > Am I missing something here?

> Yes, you are. People don't have the right to eat what they want. I
> don't have the right to kill you and eat you, that is not
> controversial.
>
> What people do and don't have the right to eat is a matter for
> reasonable disagreement and there should be free and open discussion
> of it in a free society. Expressing an opinion different to that of
> the mainstream is not a form of bullying. Dragging people into court
> for expressing their opinion and talking some rubbish about how they
> have violated the Trade Practices Act is.- Hide quoted text -

Please cite the state or federal law that bans me from eating meat
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 30, 9:18*pm, wrote:
> On Jul 1, 12:14*am, Rupert > wrote:

> > > hey rupert just wondering the statement from peta is "jessica Simpson
> > > does not have the right eat what she wants" last time I looked she did
> > > Am I missing something here?

> > Yes, you are. People don't have the right to eat what they want. I
> > don't have the right to kill you and eat you, that is not
> > controversial.

> > What people do and don't have the right to eat is a matter for
> > reasonable disagreement and there should be free and open discussion
> > of it in a free society. Expressing an opinion different to that of
> > the mainstream is not a form of bullying. Dragging people into court
> > for expressing their opinion and talking some rubbish about how they
> > have violated the Trade Practices Act is.- Hide quoted text -

> Please cite the state or federal law that bans me from eating meat

It is common knowledge that there is none, and I'm certainly not
making any effort to stop you. What of it? Neither PETA nor anyone
here ever made the lunatic claim that it is currently illegal to eat
meat. Someone did recently make the lunatic claim that it is time to
start shooting animal rights activists.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 1, 12:21*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Jun 30, 9:18*pm, wrote:

> > > Yes, you are. People don't have the right to eat what they want. I
> > > don't have the right to kill you and eat you, that is not
> > > controversial.

> > > What people do and don't have the right to eat is a matter for
> > > reasonable disagreement and there should be free and open discussion
> > > of it in a free society. Expressing an opinion different to that of
> > > the mainstream is not a form of bullying. Dragging people into court
> > > for expressing their opinion and talking some rubbish about how they
> > > have violated the Trade Practices Act is.- Hide quoted text -

> > Please cite the state or federal law that bans me from eating meat

> It is common knowledge that there is none, and I'm certainly not
> making any effort to stop you. What of it? Neither PETA nor anyone
> here ever made the lunatic claim that it is currently illegal to eat
> meat. Someone did recently make the lunatic claim that it is time to
> start shooting animal rights activists.- Hide quoted text -

i do not support shooting anyone but to single out jessica simpson
( and i'm no fan except to look at her) is wrong considering millions
of Americans eat meat. I think it is publicity stunt from peta and
jessica who is a tax payer and commited no felonies, should be left
alone
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 1, 2:23*pm, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> >> Right.

> > It just never stops, does it,

> No, rupie - regrettably, your fatuous bullshit never stops.-

Boobs, are you starting to understand yet that you are totally
incapable of having any kind of discussion with anyone?

If you weren't able to snip and alter the other person's post, you'd
have absolutely nothing you could possibly say in response that
wouldn't make you look stupid. Of course you look stupid snipping and
altering posts but you apparently can't comprehend that.

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 30, 3:51*pm, "Mr.Smartypants" > wrote:
> On Jun 30, 6:07*pm, Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists
>

> > wrote:

> > > A fascist government can be all of the above and more but fascism in
> > > and of itself consists of one thing only; "corporatism merged with
> > > government."
> > > That is the definition Benito Mussolini used to describe fascism.- Hide quoted text -

> > Hey that's great Mr DummySkirt. *Words change meaning, and it's been
> > 60 years. *Mussolini was a left-winger, Fascism was of the left then,
> > as it is now, but different with the bully Fascist protesters and
> > oppressing bully No Drill-ocrat Marxists. *Go outside and smoke a fag
> > and pretend the EnviroFascists don't care what harm it does to the
> > air.- Hide quoted text -

> Fascism is nothing more than corporatism merged with government.- Hide quoted text -

LIES. Forcing unpopular issues by gathering a group of retards is
fascism. Basicly there's lobbying, which is civil and there's
bullobbying, which is fascism. Thanks for being stupid. Hope your
trailer park kicks that fly problem.

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 30, 3:58*pm, charley > wrote:
> [...]

> > A recent pronouncement from the head of the UN climate change agency
> > that the best thing people can do to halt global warming is to turn
> > vegetarian has taken the debate a step further.

> > Paul McCartney, a veteran vegetarian campaigner, recently launched
> > "Meat Free Mondays" to encourage meat-eaters to eat vegetarian food
> > once a week, citing the UN's statement as a good reason to forgo
> > meat.

> > Yet there is evidence that the British public might be rebelling
> > against pressure to cut their meat consumption. Despite the cost of
> > meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
> > rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
> > sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by
> > 42 per cent.

> PETA = left wing wackos- Hide quoted text -

Yep, and must be buddies with these other no-drilling for oil
extremists, although their causes aren't on the same path. I think
PETArds will find a way to join the other whachos that are DICTATING
NO OIL DRILLING, 20 YEARS TO FANCY ALT FUELS, NO QUESTIONS, NO MIDDLE
EAST OIL.

Then there's Republicans, who believe DRILL UNITED STATES OIL, BURN
ENVIRONMENTALISTS (for fun or for fuel), GET OFF MIDDLE EAST OIL,
ALTERNATIVE ADVANCEMENT is working in the private sector, but has many
many years (5? 10? 20? Obama doesnt' know cuz he's phony)

The people that are stupid are obvious, and will be looking for horses
soon.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 1, 12:26 pm, wrote:
> On Jul 1, 12:21 am, Rupert > wrote:

> > > Please cite the state or federal law that bans me from eating meat

> > It is common knowledge that there is none, and I'm certainly not
> > making any effort to stop you. What of it? Neither PETA nor anyone
> > here ever made the lunatic claim that it is currently illegal to eat
> > meat. Someone did recently make the lunatic claim that it is time to
> > start shooting animal rights activists.- Hide quoted text -

> i do not support shooting anyone but to single out jessica simpson
> ( and i'm no fan except to look at her) is wrong considering millions
> of Americans eat meat. I think it is publicity stunt from peta and
> jessica who is a tax payer and commited no felonies, should be left
> alone

It is a publicity stunt from PETA, yes, that is just PETA being PETA
and it's not necessarily the best strategy, it makes life a bit harder
for the rest of the animal rights movement actually and we wouldn't
mind if they tried a different approach to PR. Jessica is perhaps
entitled to feel a bit got at but she lives in a liberal democracy
where there is free and open discussion of ideas. No-one is harassing
her or subjecting her to threats of physical violence when she buys
meat at the supermarkets, when that happens she can call the police
and she will then be able to legitimately complain that she is being
"bullied" by animal rights activists. She could always try the
approach of making a bit of a joke about it, make some film of her
eating a steak and saying "Hey PETA, I love the taste of this freshly
killed corpse." Or she could attempt to have a serious discussion
about why she thinks it's morally acceptable to eat meat. Or she could
say "**** off and mind your own business", most people would probably
be behind her 100%, and that is probably the most likely outcome.

I would hope that we could all agree that the decision to eat meat is
something you should think seriously about, you should be aware of how
it is produced and make a considered decision. Plant-based agriculture
also harms animals, as people on alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
constantly point out, yes, that too is a consideration but on the
other hand the production of meat requires higher levels of crop
inputs per calorie, oh but the crops produced for farm animals are
mostly unfit for human consumption and if you're not completely pure
then you're a hypocrite, blah blah blah, and the debate goes on and on
for years and years and frequently degenerates into childish ad
hominem abuse. That's what happens on alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,
you can join in the fun if you like. There's really nothing wrong with
trying to encourage people to have a bit of a think about the issue.
Animals don't have a lot of fun in modern farms. There are perhaps
more constructive approaches than PETA's.

Jessica will get by and continue to enjoy her steak. People should
support the right to free speech. It's not a form of bullying.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 1, 12:23 pm, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> >> Right.

> > It just never stops, does it,

> No, rupie - regrettably, your fatuous bullshit never stops.

You do have the option of not bothering to read it, you know.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 15:01:33 -0700 (PDT), Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists > wrote:

>It must have been inevitable for the PETA people to become Fascists
>just like the MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists. We can expect more
>non-stop bullying until they get their way, like a bunch of cry-
>babies.
>
>http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...rs-856591.html
>
>Animal rights group turns its fire on celebrity meat-eaters
>
>After helping to make fur coats taboo, campaigners at Peta are using
>hardline tactics on A-list carnivores
>
>By Rachel Shields
>Sunday, 29 June 2008

.. . .
>Alistair Currie, a spokesman for Peta, said: "Jessica Simpson might
>have a right to wear what she wants, but she doesn't have a right to
>eat what she wants – eating meat is about suffering and death.

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following items containing animal by-products
in order to be successful:

Tires, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
Heparin, Insulin, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides,
Gelatin Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood, Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Abrasives, Steel Ball Bearings

being vegan.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 01:03:48 -0700 (PDT), Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists > wrote:

>On Jun 29, 8:20*pm, Eat the rich > wrote:
>
>So it's perfectly ok for a wolf or a hyena or a lion to kill an animal
>and eat it, but PETA needs to SCREAM about hunters "being cruel" and
>meat eaters "being cruel".

I've asked them if they thought it would be okay for humans to
eat meat if we terrified the animals, chased them to exhaustion,
then clamped vice like jaws to their throats to strangle them as
we begin ripping them appart while they're still conscious as non-
human predators do, often to baby animals. None of them have
really responded to that yet.

>It's time to start hunting the PETA
>members, and the stupid Environmentalists. They serve ZERO purpose.
>
>And since it's perfectly OK for you dopey left-wing loons to go around
>harassing people, then it's perfectly OK for the NRA to start
>harassing PETA and the EnviroNut-Jobs.

It's every bit as okay.

>Keep whining about the word "fascist" like its meaning hasn't
>changed. The words "faggot", "***", and "Democrat" had different
>meanings once upon a time, but all mean something new today. And you
>ought to know, since you liberals love to play word games, and take
>shit out of context, and claim things are out of context when they
>aren't.

These people hide beneath the gross mi$nomer "animal rights",
while they can't ever explain which rights for which animals. We
know they don't mean rights for domestic animals, since the
misnomer would mean the *elimination of* domestic animals, so
it certainly wouldn't mean rights or anything at all for "them".
How about wildlife? Since eliminationists contribute to the
deaths of wildlife in most of the same ways that everyone else
does, it seems that the misnomer probably wouldn't provide
rights for any of them either. So far the "best" we can even
consider that the misnomer might provide, would be more
suffering for wildlife who would die of starvation, disease and
non-human predation because human hunting and deliberate
population management would become illegal.

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 1, 11:40 pm, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> >> No, rupie - regrettably, your fatuous bullshit never stops.

> > You do have the option of not bothering to read it

> It's entertaining to let you know that others are aware of your fatuous
> bullshit.

Why? Are you worried that I might be confused about the fact that when
I post to Google Groups a few people might read what I have to say?

Not following you, Ball.

You think that simply by letting me know you've read my post you've
scored a point?
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 29, 7:12*pm, Rupert > wrote:
> I'll just explore the topic of bullying and the right to free speech a
> bit further. A good friend of mine, about my age, just finishing off
> an accounting degree and with a fairly small salary working for Animal
> Liberation NSW, was recently in court facing a seven-figure lawsuit
> because she went to Pitt Street Mall a couple of times and handed out
> a few leaflets discussing a practice that quite a lot of Australian
> sheep farmers do known as "mulesing". With this procedure a large
> chunk of flesh is removed from a sheep's backside with a pair of
> gardening shears, for the purpose of preventing blowfly strike. At the
> time of the protests my friend was doing it was usual to do this
> procedure without any anaesthetic. There is now a legal requirement to
> use anaesthetic and the wool industry has made a commitment to phase
> out the practice, I think our campaign can take some of the credit for
> that. We made the statement that mulesing is cruel, there was some
> discussion of that in court, apparently they found the statement in
> some way objectionable. Anyway, Australian Wool Innovation claimed
> that we had violated the Trade Practices Act by calling for a boycott
> of Australian wool (which we hadn't, although PETA had done that, but
> they had to bring us into court along with PETA because it's an
> Australian law and they had to get an Australian organisation
> involved). They sued two Animal Liberation NSW activists and claimed
> that they should be liable for $5 million to cover the costs of an
> advertising campaign that they had to do in response to our campaign.
> They kept Animal Liberation NSW tied up with the initial hearings for
> many months. This of course meant that we had to devote time and money
> into arguing our case that the matter shouldn't go to court, thereby
> preventing us from functioning effectively as an organisation. I
> myself was involved in these protests and it is only a matter of good
> fortune that I did not have to go to court myself. As you can imagine,
> for individuals like myself or my friend the idea of potentially being
> liable for seven-figure amounts, even if the possibility is fairly
> remote, is fairly stressful. I think at the time we were handing out
> the leaflets we had this crazy idea that we lived in a liberal
> democracy and were allowed to publicly express our opinions about
> practices that concerned us.
>
> That may help to clarify the concept of "bullying" for you.
>
> The McLibel trial is another example, though that one backfired.
>
> Understand? That's what bullying is. A public expression of an opinion
> that it's immoral or in some other way undesirable to eat meat is an
> exercise of the right to free speech, phenomena like the above two
> examples are what you call bullying.

I have meat for eating. Maybe I FORCE MY WILL on the public and SHOW
HOW YUMMY MEAT IS.

OR maybe I act like a FORCEFUL SISSY, like PETA does. Be gentle to
nature, Have a salad, don't add bacon bits, be gentle, enjoy the
greens, destroy your economy and be sissies, have a salad, your
economy will survive without meat, try to conserve, use grass and
dandelions, earth likes gentleness, HEY THANKS FOR THE SISSY IDEAS

Take that shit to the retards that already follow your stupidity.
We'll take your retards back with the smell of delicious cooked meat,
and you'll be broken and back to your pamphlets.

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 3, 4:59*pm, Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists
> [...]

> > that it's immoral or in some other way undesirable to eat meat is an
> > exercise of the right to free speech, phenomena like the above two
> > examples are what you call bullying.

> I have meat for eating. *Maybe I FORCE MY WILL on the public and SHOW
> HOW YUMMY MEAT IS.
>
> OR maybe I act like a FORCEFUL SISSY, like PETA does. *Be gentle to
> nature, Have a salad, don't add bacon bits, be gentle, enjoy the
> greens, destroy your economy and be sissies, have a salad, your
> economy will survive without meat, try to conserve, use grass and
> dandelions, earth likes gentleness, HEY THANKS FOR THE SISSY IDEAS
>
> Take that shit to the retards that already follow your stupidity.
> We'll take your retards back with the smell of delicious cooked meat,
> and you'll be broken and back to your pamphlets.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your intelligent feedback. You conclusively proved that
I've been completely mistaken about this issue, and I've actually
started eating meat again in response to your thoughtful philosophical
arguments.

Thank you for showing me the way, my intellectual superior.
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 3, 6:59*pm, Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists
> [...]

> > Understand? That's what bullying is. A public expression of an opinion
> > that it's immoral or in some other way undesirable to eat meat is an
> > exercise of the right to free speech, phenomena like the above two
> > examples are what you call bullying.

> I have meat for eating. *Maybe I FORCE MY WILL on the public and SHOW
> HOW YUMMY MEAT IS.
>
> OR maybe I act like a FORCEFUL SISSY, like PETA does. *Be gentle to
> nature, Have a salad, don't add bacon bits, be gentle, enjoy the
> greens, destroy your economy and be sissies, have a salad, your
> economy will survive without meat, try to conserve, use grass and
> dandelions, earth likes gentleness, HEY THANKS FOR THE SISSY IDEAS
>
> Take that shit to the retards that already follow your stupidity.
> We'll take your retards back with the smell of delicious cooked meat,
> and you'll be broken and back to your pamphlets.-

Sweet Baby Jeebus!! Another clown like Boobs.

How many clowns can these newsgroups support at one time?

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

> [...]
> about it," said Annette Pinner, the chief executive of the Vegetarian
> Society.
>
> A recent pronouncement from the head of the UN climate change agency
> that the best thing people can do to halt global warming is to turn
> vegetarian has taken the debate a step further.
>
> Paul McCartney, a veteran vegetarian campaigner, recently launched
> "Meat Free Mondays" to encourage meat-eaters to eat vegetarian food
> once a week, citing the UN's statement as a good reason to forgo
> meat.
>
> Yet there is evidence that the British public might be rebelling
> against pressure to cut their meat consumption. Despite the cost of
> meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
> rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
> sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by

so? even us vegetarians don't take PETA seriously.

they're useless.. all those things are, if they were useful, they'd
be out of a job.

and joblessness means no productivity.

just because fakey vegetarians go on about how not eating an animal is
going to save it... doesn't mean us real ones believe that shit.

eat your god damned meat.. i don't give a ****... what you do is your
hamster sammich.

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 29, 6:53*pm, Rupert > wrote:
> This is just a troll so it is stupid to bother replying to it, but
> I'll just observe that the Centre for Consumer Freedom has a perfect
> right to do an advertising campaign pointing out that PETA has made a
> financial contribution to a group which is currently classified as a
> terrorist organisation in an effort to discredit the philosophical
> positions that the group takes, they have a perfect right to engage in
> pot-calling-the-kettle-black tactics claiming that the name of the
> organisation Physicians' Committee for Responsible Medicine is a
> misnomer, they are really a group pushing an animal rights agenda,
> when we all know perfectly well that the Centre for Consumer Freedom
> is a lobby group for the meat and tobacco industries, and PETA has a
> perfect right to do an ad campaign saying that it is stupid to eat
> meat for whatever reasons they can come up with to defend that
> contention, and none of this is bullying, it is just exercise of the
> right to free speech.
>
> If you want to explore the meaning of the word "bullying" then have a
> look at some footage of factory farms and slaughterhouses.

but you replied to it anyways?

Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

> [...]

> > A recent pronouncement from the head of the UN climate change agency
> > that the best thing people can do to halt global warming is to turn
> > vegetarian has taken the debate a step further.

> > Paul McCartney, a veteran vegetarian campaigner, recently launched
> > "Meat Free Mondays" to encourage meat-eaters to eat vegetarian food
> > once a week, citing the UN's statement as a good reason to forgo
> > meat.

> > Yet there is evidence that the British public might be rebelling
> > against pressure to cut their meat consumption. Despite the cost of
> > meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
> > rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
> > sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by
> > 42 per cent.

> PETA = left wing wackos- Hide quoted text -

putting effortless thought agenda
Posted to alt.politics,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jul 15, 4:17*am, "white, fat and fugly" >
wrote:
> On Jun 29, 6:53*pm, Rupert > wrote:
>

> > This is just a troll so it is stupid to bother replying to it, but
> > I'll just observe that the Centre for Consumer Freedom has a perfect
> > right to do an advertising campaign pointing out that PETA has made a
> > financial contribution to a group which is currently classified as a
> > terrorist organisation in an effort to discredit the philosophical
> > positions that the group takes, they have a perfect right to engage in
> > pot-calling-the-kettle-black tactics claiming that the name of the
> > organisation Physicians' Committee for Responsible Medicine is a
> > misnomer, they are really a group pushing an animal rights agenda,
> > when we all know perfectly well that the Centre for Consumer Freedom
> > is a lobby group for the meat and tobacco industries, and PETA has a
> > perfect right to do an ad campaign saying that it is stupid to eat
> > meat for whatever reasons they can come up with to defend that
> > contention, and none of this is bullying, it is just exercise of the
> > right to free speech.

> > If you want to explore the meaning of the word "bullying" then have a
> > look at some footage of factory farms and slaughterhouses.

> but you replied to it anyways?- Hide quoted text -

Yup!