FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   WARNING -\/ Redwood Food Company - chilled food delivery health concerns. (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/156953-warning-redwood-food-company.html)

Veggie Delights 12-06-2008 08:23 AM

WARNING -\/ Redwood Food Company - chilled food delivery health concerns.

Notice.

It has recently come to our attention that Redwood is being
investigated by Environmental Health Officers regarding unsafe
practice in the delivery of chilled foods. We have received complaints
that Redwood have been sending out chilled food for home delivery with
insufficient ice packs and packaging. This has resulted in foods being
delivered at 19c which is a health hazard.

Redwood claim as the food is not meat based it does not represent a
risk at these temperatures. This is blatantly misleading, dangerous
and illegal.

This situation has been going on for some considerable time and
Redwood have refused to deal with it. Corby Health Officers are now
investigating.
\/
Great product range let down by incompetent and unwilling management.
If you do use Redwood please be sure to check the temperature of your
goods and if it is too high you are advised to send it back for a full
refund and inform Corby EH Officers. Please also inform us here on the
public forums so we can take precautions. Please also keep some
samples back for analysis.

Regulations state

Cold foods€¦ must be kept at 8°C or below.This is a legal requirement
in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. In Scotland food must also be
kept cold.

FSA
Don't make your mealtime a horror story
Monday 9 June 2008

Cases of salmonella and campylobacter food poisoning are set to soar
to more than 120,000 in just three months this summer. The Agency's
latest food hygiene campaign, 'GermWatch' aims to combat the rise in
food poisoning cases, which double during the summer months and cost
the economy, in England and Wales, upwards of £1.5 billion a year.

Complaints and concerns should be addressed to

The Redwood Wholefood Co. Ltd
Redwood House
Burkitt Road
Earlstrees Industrial Estate