Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default California Gets Required Signatures for Farm Animal Cruelty Act.

I was a circulator of the petition, and even though, at times, it was
discouraging at the amounts of Californians who just didn't care, we
got 800,000 signatures (we needed 620,000) for the November measure
that will allow pregnant pigs in gestation crates, laying hens in
battery cages and veal calves the ability to extend their limbs and
turn around with new, bigger, humane enclosures. We await the voters
in November to see if they think this is a worthwhile endeavor. What
do you think?

http://www.humanecalifornia.org/

Writerosity