Posted to alt.satanism,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default Eating animal products (was: Satan as a Composite Entity/Being?)

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:13:01 -0800 (PST), wrote:

>On Jan 25, 10:45*am, "Tani Jantsang©" > wrote:
>

>> I have to eat meat and milk products or I feel sick. *That's probably
>> because my ancestors, recent too, ate nothing but that for thousands of
>> years. *I CRAVE milk, eg.

>I've recently gained weight and I'm up to a whopping 99 lbs. It takes
>me months to gain, and days to lose. I'm a tiny little thing, it's
>just the way I am. After trying to be a vegetarian, not succeeding, I
>put thought into it again.

· Since the animals we raise for food would not be alive
if we didn't raise them for that purpose, it's a distortion of
reality not to take that fact into consideration whenever
we think about the fact that the animals are going to be
killed. The animals are not being cheated out of any part
of their life by being raised for food, but instead they are
experiencing whatever life they get as a result of it. ·

>(Without medical backup) I don't think I
>could afford to not eat animals and maintain my light weight. I do
>have to watch my weight, but in the sense that I eat enough to not
>lose any. I would probably have to eat non stop if I was a vegetarian-
>for-life. At a very stressful time in my life, I dropped to 90, and I
>looked ill. I would like to gain a few more pounds.
>
>As for milk, I don't really like it. I crave chocolate milk
>periodically. But strangely too much milk makes my nails very brittle
>and my hair, kinda, just not so nice I guess. I went on the soy milk
>thing for a while, I'd prefer not to drink animal milk, but I didn't
>like it either.

· From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised

Here we see plowing:
http://tinyurl.com/8fmxe

and here harrowing:
http://tinyurl.com/zqr2v

both of which kill animals by crushing, mutilation, suffocation,
and exposing them to predators. We can see that planting
kills in similar ways:
http://tinyurl.com/k6sku

and death from herbicides and pesticides needs to be
kept in mind:
http://tinyurl.com/ew2j5

Harvesting kills of course by crushing and mutilation, and
it also removes the surviving animals' food, and it exposes
them to predators:
http://tinyurl.com/otp5l

In the case of rice there's additional killing as well caused
by flooding:
http://tinyurl.com/qhqx3

and later by draining and destroying the environment which
developed as the result of the flooding:
http://tinyurl.com/rc9m3

Cattle eating grass rarely if ever cause anywhere near
as much suffering and death. ·
http://tinyurl.com/q7whm