Posted to alt.food.vegan, misc.health.diabetes, sci.med.nutrition

Default Dorway Blog

I get so many emails on a daily basis, so many of them full of well
wishes and thanks, but it's difficult for me to reply to everyone, and
so I thought many of you would appreciate being able to communicate
directly through DORway. Only a few may author on this blog, however,
anyone may comment. I only ask that you keep all comments respectful,
even if you don't agree with an opinion posted here. So here you go -
blog away!

http://www.dorway.com/dblog/

best,

Tanya
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

"Mr.Smartypants" > wrote:

> I get so many emails on a daily basis, so many of them full of well
>wishes and thanks, but it's difficult for me to reply to everyone, and
>so I thought many of you would appreciate being able to communicate
>directly through DORway. Only a few may author on this blog, however,
>anyone may comment. I only ask that you keep all comments respectful,
>even if you don't agree with an opinion posted here. So here you go -
>blog away!

Please keep your anti-aspartame lunacy to yourself. People with
diabetes have enough to do without having to suffer this bullshit.

Keeping my comments respectful, I respectfully ask you to ****
yourself with a red hot and rusty piece of rebar.

Thank you.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Posted to alt.food.vegan, misc.health.diabetes, sci.med.nutrition

Woodrow C Monte praises Rich Murray for adding relevant recent
research to his
copious evidence that chronic methanol toxicity (aspartame) is
ubiquitous:
Murray 2007.12.29
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.htm
Saturday, December 29 2007
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1500

Richard Murray:

You have brought together here a thought provoking selection of
related
works and in doing this have done great service to those who seek to
understand the true nature and extent of methanol toxicity.

Congratulations!

Woodrow C. Monte

Wednesday, November 14, 2007
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1490

Coca-Cola and Cargill Inc., after years of development,
with 24 patents, will soon sell rebiana (stevia)
in drinks and foods: Murray 2007.05.31

Coca-Cola, Cargill Inc., PureCircle global operations market stevia
for foods and drinks: Murray 2007.11.12

Souring on fake sugar (aspartame), Jennifer Couzin,
Science 2007.07.06: 4 page letter to FDA from 12 eminent
USA toxicologists re two Ramazzini Foundation
cancer studies 2007.06.25: Murray 2007.07.18

Artificial sweeteners (aspartame, sucralose) and coloring
agents will be banned from use in newly-born and baby foods,
the European Parliament decided: Latvia ban in schools 2006:
Murray 2007.07.12

Sainsbury's supermarket chain in UK details its bans of aspartame,
sodium benzoate, and artificial flavourings and colours: Carol Key,
Customer Manager: Murray 2007.11.09

more from The Independent, UK, Martin Hickman, re ASDA
(unit of Wal-Mart Stores) and Marks & Spencer ban of
aspartame, MSG, artificial chemical additives and dyes
to prevent ADHD in kids: Murray 2007.05.16
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/hea...cle2548747.ece

ASDA (unit of Wal-Mart Stores WMT.N) and Marks & Spencer
will join Tesco and also Sainsbury to ban and limit
aspartame, MSG, artificial flavors dyes preservatives additives,
trans fats, salt "nasties" to protect kids from ADHD:
leading UK media: Murray 2007.05.15

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame_controversy

http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/Aspartame

folic acid prevents neurotoxicity from formic acid, made by body from
methanol impurity in alcohol drinks [ also 11 % of aspartame ], BM
Kapur, PL Carlen, DC Lehotay, AC Vandenbroucke, Y Adamchik, U. of
Toronto, 2007 Dec., Alcoholism Cl. Exp. Res.: Murray 2007.11.27
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.htm
Wednesday, November 27, 2007
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1495

[ See also:
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.htm
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1496
explosion in numbers of children with serious food allergies has
bewildered experts and parents, Helen Francombe, The Australian
2007.11.17: role of formic acid from methanol in liquors and
aspartame: Murray 2007.11.28 ]

http://www.faslink.org/Formic%20Acid%20Kapur.htm

Brief Summary:

Methanol in small amounts is present along with ethanol in beverage
alcohol. [Murray: and about the same amounts from aspartame diet
sodas]

The body's natural enzymes preferentially metabolize ethanol while
methanol breaks down into highly neurotoxic Formic Acid.

Use of high levels of Folic Acid was found to inhibit brain damage
caused by the methanol.

The use of Folic Acid during pregnancy has been recommended for
several years to prevent neural tube defects.

However, this study indicates that even higher levels of Folic Acid
can be very beneficial to the developing baby, particularly where
alcohol exposure is a factor.

Folic Acid is mandated as an additive to all flour sold in Canada.

The debate has begun on its required addition to all beverage
alcohol to help mitigate damage caused to both infants and adults.

Formic Acid in the Drinking patient and the expectant mother
Dr. Bhushan M. Kapur
Departments of Laboratory Medicine,
St. Michael's Hospital , Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Abstract

Methanol is produced endogenously in the pituitary glands of humans
and is present as a congener in almost all alcoholic beverages.

Ethanol and methanol are both bio-transformed by alcohol
dehydrogenase; however, ethanol has greater affinity for the enzyme.

Since ethanol is preferentially metabolized by the enzyme, it is not
surprising that trace amounts of methanol, most likely originating
from both sources, have been reported in the blood of people who drink
alcohol.

Toxicity resulting from methanol is very well documented in both
humans and animals and is attributed to its toxic metabolite formic
acid.

To understand ethanol toxicity and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders,
it is important to consider methanol and its metabolite, formic acid,
as potential contributors to the toxic effects of alcohol.

Accumulation of methanol suggests that alcohol-drinking population
should have higher than baseline levels of formic acid.

Our preliminary studies do indeed show this.

Chronic low-level exposure to methanol has been suggested to impair
human visual functions.

Formic acid is known to be toxic to the optic nerve.

Ophthalmological abnormalities are a common finding in children
whose mothers used alcohol during pregnancy.

Formic acid, a low molecular weight substance, either crosses the
placenta or may be formed in-situ from the water soluble methanol
that crosses the placenta.

Embryo toxicity from formic acid has been reported in an animal model.

To assess neurotoxicity we applied low doses of formic acid
to rat brain hippocampal slice cultures.

We observed neuronal death with a time and dose response.

Formic acid requires folic acid as a cofactor for its elimination.

Animal studies have shown that when folate levels are low, the
elimination of formic acid is slower and formate levels are elevated.

When folic acid was added along with the formic acid to the brain
slice cultures, neuronal death was prevented.

Therefore, folate deficient chronic drinkers may be at higher risk
of organ damage.

Women who are folic acid deficient and consume alcohol may have
higher levels of formic acid and should they become pregnant,
their fetus may be at risk.

To our knowledge low level chronic exposure to formic acid and its
relationship to folic acid in men or women who drink alcohol has
never been studied.

Our hypothesis is that the continuous exposure to low levels of
formic acid is toxic to the fetus and may be part of the etiology of
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders.

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi...7.2007.00541.x

Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research
Volume 31 Issue 12 Page 2114-2120, December 2007

Bhushan M. Kapur, ,
Arthur C. Vandenbroucke, PhD, FCACB
Yana Adamchik,
Denis C. Lehotay,
,
Peter L. Carlen
,
(2007) Formic Acid, a Novel Metabolite of Chronic Ethanol Abuse,
Causes Neurotoxicity, Which Is Prevented by Folic Acid
Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 31 (12), 2114-2120.
doi:10.1111/j.1530-0277.2007.00541.x

From:
the Department of Clinical Pathology (BMK),
Sunnybrook Health Science Centre, Division of Clinical Pharmacology
and Toxicology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario,
Canada;

St. Michael's Hospital (ACV), Toronto, Canada;
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology (BMK, ACV),
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada;

Departments of Medicine (Neurology) and Physiology (YA, PLC),
Toronto Western Research Institute, University of Toronto,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada;

and University of Saskatchewan (DLC), Saskatchewan, Canada.

Reprint requests: Dr. Bhushan M. Kapur, Department of Clinical
Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Science Centre, 2075 Bayview Ave,
Toronto, Ontario, M4N 3M5, Canada; Fax: 416-813-7562; E-Mail:
,

Abstract

Background: Methanol is endogenously formed in the brain and is
present as a congener in most alcoholic beverages.

Because ethanol is preferentially metabolized over methanol (MeOH) by
alcohol dehydrogenase, it is not surprising that MeOH accumulates in
the alcohol-abusing population.

This suggests that the alcohol-drinking population will have higher
levels of MeOH's neurotoxic metabolite, formic acid (FA).

FA elimination is mediated by folic acid.

Neurotoxicity is a common result of chronic alcoholism.

This study shows for the first time that FA, found in chronic
alcoholics, is neurotoxic
and this toxicity can be mitigated by folic acid administration.

Objective:
To determine if FA levels are higher in the alcohol-drinking
population and to assess its neurotoxicity in organotypic hippocampal
rat brain slice cultures.

Methods:
Serum and CSF FA was measured in samples from both ethanol abusing
and control patients, who presented to a hospital emergency
department.

FA's neurotoxicity and its reversibility by folic acid were
assessed using organotypic rat brain hippocampal slice cultures
using clinically relevant concentrations.

Results:
Serum FA levels in the alcoholics
(mean ± SE: 0.416 ± 0.093 mmol/l, n = 23)
were significantly higher than in controls
(mean ± SE: 0.154 ± 0.009 mmol/l, n = 82) (p < 0.0002).

FA was not detected in the controls' CSF (n = 20),
whereas it was >0.15 mmol/l in CSF of 3 of the 4 alcoholic cases.

Low doses of FA from 1 to 5 mmol/l added for 24, 48 or 72 hours to
the rat brain slice cultures caused neuronal death as measured by
propidium iodide staining.

When folic acid (1 micromol/l) was added with the FA, neuronal death
was
prevented.

Conclusions:
Formic acid may be a significant factor in the neurotoxicity of
ethanol abuse.
This neurotoxicity can be mitigated by folic acid administration
at a clinically relevant dose.

On Dec 29, 7:12*pm, Peter Bowditch > wrote:
> "Mr.Smartypants" > wrote:
> > I get so many emails on a daily basis, so many of them full of well
> >wishes and thanks, but it's difficult for me to reply to everyone, and
> >so I thought many of you would appreciate being able to communicate
> >directly through DORway. Only a few may author on this blog, however,
> >anyone may comment. I only ask that you keep all comments respectful,
> >even if you don't agree with an opinion posted here. So here you go -
> >blog away!

> Please keep your anti-aspartame lunacy to yourself. People with
> diabetes have enough to do without having to suffer this bullshit.
>
> Keeping my comments respectful, I respectfully ask you to ****
> yourself with a red hot and rusty piece of rebar.
>
> Thank you.

Aspartame is a poison ratbag and it's definately in diabetics interest
to learn about it.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

"Mr.Smartypants" > wrote in message

<buncha crap snipped>

Run back to mama Betty and take your lies with you.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

"ricky's babysitter" > wrote in message

Aspartame is a poison ratbag and it's definately in diabetics interest
to learn about it.

We know about it and it's perfectly safe. Get off of our newsgroup.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

You have so got to be kidding.

"Mr.Smartypants" > wrote in message
> I get so many emails on a daily basis, so many of them full of well
> wishes and thanks, but it's difficult for me to reply to everyone, and
> so I thought many of you would appreciate being able to communicate
> directly through DORway.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

"Rich Murray" > wrote in message
Woodrow C Monte praises Rich Murray for adding relevant recent
research to his
copious evidence that chronic methanol toxicity (aspartame) is
ubiquitous:
Murray 2007.12.29

Do you have two dicks?

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

"ricky's babysitter" > wrote in message
On Dec 29, 7:12 pm, Peter Bowditch > wrote:
> "Mr.Smartypants" > wrote:
> > I get so many emails on a daily basis, so many of them full of well
> >wishes and thanks, but it's difficult for me to reply to everyone, and
> >so I thought many of you would appreciate being able to communicate
> >directly through DORway. Only a few may author on this blog, however,
> >anyone may comment. I only ask that you keep all comments respectful,
> >even if you don't agree with an opinion posted here. So here you go -
> >blog away!

> Please keep your anti-aspartame lunacy to yourself. People with
> diabetes have enough to do without having to suffer this bullshit.
>
> Keeping my comments respectful, I respectfully ask you to ****
> yourself with a red hot and rusty piece of rebar.
>
> Thank you.

Aspartame is a poison ratbag and it's definately in diabetics interest
to learn about it.

-------------------------------

Your village is calling you!

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

"Julie Bove" > wrote:

>"ricky's babysitter" > wrote in message
>
>Aspartame is a poison ratbag and it's definately in diabetics interest
>to learn about it.
>
>We know about it and it's perfectly safe. Get off of our newsgroup.

I'm consuming it even as we type.

In fact, I just drank some more tea between sentences.

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Julie Bove wrote:
> "ricky's babysitter" > wrote in message
>
> Aspartame is a poison ratbag and it's definately in diabetics interest
> to learn about it.
>
> We know about it and it's perfectly safe. Get off of our newsgroup.

'Our' newsgroup eh?

You got anything else to say? Nows your chance.

--
May God protect you from his followers.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Peter Bowditch wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "ricky's babysitter" > wrote in message
>>
>> Aspartame is a poison ratbag and it's definately in diabetics interest
>> to learn about it.
>>
>> We know about it and it's perfectly safe. Get off of our newsgroup.
>>

> I'm consuming it even as we type.

It shows.

--
May God protect you from his followers.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

"Mr.Smartypants" > wrote

> I get so many emails on a daily basis, so many of them full of well
> wishes and thanks, but it's difficult for me to reply to everyone, and
> so I thought many of you would appreciate being able to communicate
> directly through DORway. Only a few may author on this blog, however,
> anyone may comment. I only ask that you keep all comments respectful,
> even if you don't agree with an opinion posted here. So here you go -
> blog away!
>

> http://www.dorway.com/dblog/

Smartypants, your lucky as hell Mark Thorson isn't ALL OVER your ass

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> "ricky's babysitter" > wrote in message
>>
>> Aspartame is a poison ratbag and it's definately in diabetics interest
>> to learn about it.
>>
>> We know about it and it's perfectly safe. Get off of our newsgroup.

> 'Our' newsgroup eh?
>
> You got anything else to say? Nows your chance.

Yeah. OUR newsgroup. Are you a diabetic?

Thought not...

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Peter Bowditch wrote:
> "Mr.Smartypants" > wrote:
>
>> I get so many emails on a daily basis, so many of them full of well
>> wishes and thanks, but it's difficult for me to reply to everyone, and
>> so I thought many of you would appreciate being able to communicate
>> directly through DORway. Only a few may author on this blog, however,
>> anyone may comment. I only ask that you keep all comments respectful,
>> even if you don't agree with an opinion posted here. So here you go -
>> blog away!

> Please keep your anti-aspartame lunacy to yourself. People with
> diabetes have enough to do without having to suffer this bullshit.
>
> Keeping my comments respectful, I respectfully ask you to ****
> yourself with a red hot and rusty piece of rebar.
>
> Thank you.

I was thinking he should use a Diet Coke bottle.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Steve Young wrote:
> "Mr.Smartypants" > wrote
>
>> I get so many emails on a daily basis, so many of them full of well
>> wishes and thanks, but it's difficult for me to reply to everyone, and
>> so I thought many of you would appreciate being able to communicate
>> directly through DORway. Only a few may author on this blog, however,
>> anyone may comment. I only ask that you keep all comments respectful,
>> even if you don't agree with an opinion posted here. So here you go -
>> blog away!
>>

>> http://www.dorway.com/dblog/

> Smartypants, your lucky as hell Mark Thorson isn't ALL OVER your ass

Yes, the emails are from all the sock puppets, and they're getting all sticky. Wash them after you do that, will you?
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Jeßus" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>> "ricky's babysitter" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Aspartame is a poison ratbag and it's definately in diabetics interest
>>> to learn about it.
>>>
>>> We know about it and it's perfectly safe. Get off of our newsgroup.

>> 'Our' newsgroup eh?
>>
>> You got anything else to say? Nows your chance.

> Yeah. OUR newsgroup.

No, it is NOT 'your' or 'our' group.

> Are you a diabetic?

Nope, I'm not that irresponsible.

> Thought not...

Begs the obvious question...

--
May God protect you from his followers.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

"Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> wrote:

>"Mr.Smartypants" > wrote
>
>> I get so many emails on a daily basis, so many of them full of well
>> wishes and thanks, but it's difficult for me to reply to everyone, and
>> so I thought many of you would appreciate being able to communicate
>> directly through DORway. Only a few may author on this blog, however,
>> anyone may comment. I only ask that you keep all comments respectful,
>> even if you don't agree with an opinion posted here. So here you go -
>> blog away!
>>

>> http://www.dorway.com/dblog/

>Smartypants, your lucky as hell Mark Thorson isn't ALL OVER your ass

Mark probably doesn't want to risk AIDS.

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?= >
Newsgroups: alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrit ion
Subject: Dorway Blog
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:55:42 +1100

<49Edj.563$yv5.277@trndny07> >
<uZHdj.1682$Xe5.635@trndny09>

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Jeßus wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> "ricky's babysitter" > wrote in message
>>
>> Aspartame is a poison ratbag and it's definately in diabetics interest
>> to learn about it.
>>
>> We know about it and it's perfectly safe. Get off of our newsgroup.

> 'Our' newsgroup eh?
>
> You got anything else to say? Nows your chance.

and to flaming assholes like you

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Julie Bove blurted incoherently:
> "Jeßus" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Yeah. OUR newsgroup.

>> No, it is NOT 'your' or 'our' group.
>>
>>> Are you a diabetic?

>> Nope, I'm not that irresponsible.
>>
>>> Thought not...

>> Begs the obvious question...

> From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?= >
> Newsgroups: alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrit ion
> Subject: Dorway Blog
> Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:55:42 +1100
> >

> <49Edj.563$yv5.277@trndny07> >
> <uZHdj.1682$Xe5.635@trndny09>
http://news.tornevall.net/validate.p...4d7d186fa6f c

Nice dummy spit there Julie, thanks for the larf!
Bonus points for the ineffectual newbie tactics as well

Happy New Year, everyone.

--
May God protect you from his followers.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Hi Ted,

ted rosenberg wrote:
> Jeßus wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>> "ricky's babysitter" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Aspartame is a poison ratbag and it's definately in diabetics interest
>>> to learn about it.
>>>
>>> We know about it and it's perfectly safe. Get off of our newsgroup.

>> 'Our' newsgroup eh?
>>
>> You got anything else to say? Nows your chance.
>>

> and to flaming assholes like you

Ah... I think I'll stick around, thanks due in no small part to your
encouragement Ted.

Best Wishes & Happy New Year,

--
May God protect you from his followers.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

"Nico Kadel-Garcia" > wrote in message
> Peter Bowditch wrote:
>> "Mr.Smartypants" > wrote:
>>
>>> I get so many emails on a daily basis, so many of them full of well
>>> wishes and thanks, but it's difficult for me to reply to everyone, and
>>> so I thought many of you would appreciate being able to communicate
>>> directly through DORway. Only a few may author on this blog, however,
>>> anyone may comment. I only ask that you keep all comments respectful,
>>> even if you don't agree with an opinion posted here. So here you go -
>>> blog away!

>> Please keep your anti-aspartame lunacy to yourself. People with
>> diabetes have enough to do without having to suffer this bullshit.
>>
>> Keeping my comments respectful, I respectfully ask you to ****
>> yourself with a red hot and rusty piece of rebar.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

> I was thinking he should use a Diet Coke bottle.

Oooooh! A full one?

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Julie Bove mashed the keyboard & the unfortunate result was:

> "Nico Kadel-Garcia" > wrote in message
>> Peter Bowditch wrote:

>>> Please keep your anti-aspartame lunacy to yourself. People with
>>> diabetes have enough to do without having to suffer this bullshit.
>>>
>>> Keeping my comments respectful, I respectfully ask you to ****
>>> yourself with a red hot and rusty piece of rebar.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>

>> I was thinking he should use a Diet Coke bottle.

> Oooooh! A full one?

'Oooooh!'... and the difference that would make is /what/ exactly?

You can take the 'in' outta the Bovine - but ya can't take the cow outta
the Bove...

Happy New Year Everyone

--
May God protect you from his followers.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

"Julie Bove" > wrote:

>"Nico Kadel-Garcia" > wrote in message
>> Peter Bowditch wrote:

>>> Please keep your anti-aspartame lunacy to yourself. People with
>>> diabetes have enough to do without having to suffer this bullshit.
>>>
>>> Keeping my comments respectful, I respectfully ask you to ****
>>> yourself with a red hot and rusty piece of rebar.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>

>> I was thinking he should use a Diet Coke bottle.

>Oooooh! A full one?

One of the big 2 litre ones you get at the supermarket.

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

I thought that the lunacy over aspartame had already been decided over and
done with. we people with diabetes do not need this aspartame crap scare, we
have enough to handle so knock it off
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Nico Kadel-Garcia" > wrote in message
> > Peter Bowditch wrote:

> >> Please keep your anti-aspartame lunacy to yourself. People with
> >> diabetes have enough to do without having to suffer this bullshit.
> >>
> >> Keeping my comments respectful, I respectfully ask you to ****
> >> yourself with a red hot and rusty piece of rebar.
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>

> > I was thinking he should use a Diet Coke bottle.

> Oooooh! A full one?

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Patsie Hatley wrote:
> I thought that the lunacy over aspartame had already been decided over and
> done with. we people with diabetes do not need this aspartame crap scare, we
> have enough to handle so knock it off
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> I was thinking he should use a Diet Coke bottle.

>> Oooooh! A full one?

Umm. There was an old letter in the New England Journal of Medicine about using Coke, New Coke, Coke Classic, and Diet Coke as spermicides.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

On Dec 29 2007, 8:11 pm, "Mr.Smartypants" > wrote:
> I get so many emails on a daily basis, so many of them full of well
> wishes and thanks, but it's difficult for me to reply to everyone, and
> so I thought many of you would appreciate being able to communicate
> directly through DORway. Only a few may author on this blog, however,
> anyone may comment. I only ask that you keep all comments respectful,
> even if you don't agree with an opinion posted here.

Hey bozo, you are off topic!

If you want to be treated with respect then try respecting the
designated topic of this newsgroup.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...on/about?hl=en
Description Physiological impacts of diet.
Categories
Health >Medicine
Usenet : sci.med.nutrition
Language : English
Activity : Medium
Access
Public - Usenet
Posted to alt.food.vegan,sci.med.nutrition

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:51:47 -0800 (PST), Mr-Natural-Health
> wrote:

>Hey bozo, you are off topic!
>
>If you want to be treated with respect then try respecting the
>designated topic of this newsgroup.

And you, bozo, could try respecting the other crossposted
groups by not repeating spammers crap to all of them.
Unfortunately you didn't note which group you posted from so
I've only cut mine.

Cheers, Alan
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Patsie Hatley wrote:
> I thought that the lunacy over aspartame had already been decided over and
> done with. we people with diabetes do not need this aspartame crap scare, we
> have enough to handle so knock it off

What kind of logic is that?!?
Yes... "let's put our head in the sand, and maybe the problem will go
away".

Come on - if a product like that (*especially* a product like that,
patented/manufactured by people who have \very\ questionable ethics) has
legitimate (independently verified multiple times) problems surely it is
common sense to confront them? Why compromise your already poor health
just for the sake of sweetness? Sorry, I just don't get it...

If you really need a sweetener, might be worth checking out Stevia (if
you haven't already done so). Even in it's natural form (dried leaf)
it's surprisingly sweet.

--
"Ralph Wiggum 2008: Because you could do worse."

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes

30 female pet store rats drinking lifelong 13.5 mg aspartame, 1/3
packet of
Equal, had 33% with obvious tumors -- also bulging, sick, and missing
eyes,
paralysis, obesity, skin sores -- agrees with Ramazzini Foundation
results,
Victoria Inness-Brown: Murray 2008.02.15
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.htm
Friday, February 15, 2008
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1521
__________________________________________________ __

[ Rich Murray: I have corrected typos and minor factual errors, and
increased spacing of lines to increase readability. My comments are
in square brackets.

Others are invited to submit civil, relevant, reason and evidence
based feedback, both positive and, especially, negative, since science
thrives on public critical collaboration, to
.

Overall, the results agree broadly with the many Ramazzini results for
lifetime exposures of lab rats to aspartame, methanol, and
formaldehyde.

http://www.equal.com/faq/faq.html#9

Equal Packets contain: dextrose with maltodextrin, aspartame

http://www.karlloren.com/Diabetes/p40b.htm

EHPP Nutrition Notes Newsletter Vol. 1 No. 3
Originally written: August 3, 2000
ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS -- What's out There?

One packet of the sweetener contains 37 mg of aspartame
and 12 ounces of diet soda contains about 200 mg of aspartame.

By this standard, a person who weighs 60 kg (~132 pounds)
could consume 3000 mg of aspartame
or 3 grams (a total of 12 calories) daily.

This is the equivalent of 81 packets of Equal
or 15 cans of diet soda (180 fluid ounces).

Some other questions:

toxic impurities in city drinking water and the pet food?

any risks of toxic mold, or formaldehyde from building materials,
paints, cleaners, furniture, particleboard, wood stoves? ]
__________________________________________________ __

http://www.myaspartameexperiment.com/index.php

"Even though I had read the Bressler Report,
I was struck by the number and size of the growths.
Eleven females and one male developed tumors.
That's 37% of the females on aspartame."
[ 36.7 % F, 3.3 % M ]

"1. Three female rats in the control group of 48
had small tumors." [ 12.5 % F ]

"Form of aspartame

NutraSweet dissolved in drinking water, available 24 hours per day.

Dosage

Two packets of NutraSweet per eight ounces of water
(about 80 mg of aspartame per each eight ounces);
about 34 mg/kg of aspartame for males; 45 mg/kg for females.
[ How much water did the rats drink daily?
Did this change over time or by symptoms? ]

Duration

Two years, eight months
(about 138 weeks, where one month = about 4.3 weeks);
until the spontaneous death of the animals.

Rat strain

Bred from two males, two females,
each from different varieties of PetCo rats,
including the Sprague Dawley strain.
Maintained a genetic mix throughout the breeding,
avoided mating brothers and sisters, mothers and sons,
fathers and daughters.

Number of rats in study

Experimental group of 30 males, 30 females.
Control group of 24 males, 24 females;
a total of 108 rats."

"The animals in my study weighed on the average
of 1 pound for males and 0.66 pounds for females.
The ADI for the males was 16.9 mg
and for the females 13.5 mg.

To put these numbers into perspective,
the aspartame received by my rats daily,
was equivalent to two-thirds the aspartame
contained in 8-oz of diet soda."
[ 1/3 packet of Equal for females ]

"I found most of the observable symptoms occurred
during the last third of the rat's life-span,
illuminating the information that the adverse effects of aspartame
are cumulative.

I chose to allow my rats to live out their natural lives.
I honor them for their sacrifice
and for showing the way for the rest of us.

I put NutraSweet in their water starting in March, 2002,
and the last of them died in November 2004.
The experiment lasted a total of two years, eight months."

MY ASPARTAME EXPERIMENT

BY VICTORIA INNESS-BROWN, M.A.

A FEMALE RAT DEVELOPED A MAMMARY TUMOR
SO LARGE SHE OFTEN USED IT AS A PILLOW
[ large color photo, 600X383 pixels 58 KB -- like
the others on pages 1-6 ]

Introduction by author Carol Guilford

"In any such study of even a few hundred test animals,
it takes no more than a dozen or so of them
to exhibit a particular lesion. to associate with the test agent,
i.e.,
aspartame or its related chemicals."

Dr. Adrian Gross, FDA toxicologist in a letter to
Senator Howard Metzenbaum, Oct. 30, 1986.

When Victoria Inness-Brown contacted me about
"explosive information" concerning aspartame (Equal,NutraSweet),
the controversial, artificial, chemical sweetener,
I didn't know what to expect.

Despite overwhelming scientific evidence of aspartame's danger
to human health (tires have been recalled for less), it remains in
6,000 food, drink and medicinal products.

Who could imagine a private citizen would do an aspartame
experiment with 108 rats for 2 years and 8 months?

The late Dr. Adrian Gross explained that rodent experiments are
the means to find out what a particular substance will do
to human beings.

Look at Victoria's pictures of her animals that ingested the
equivalent amount of aspartame (in human terms)
of less than one diet coke a day, until their spontaneous death.

Importantly, the control groups, those fed no aspartame were
[ almost ] free from visible effects. (1)

The artificial sweetener, Aspartame, was approved by the FDA,
in 1981. By the 1990's, the FDA had a list of 92 symptoms
reported to them by 10,000 consumers,
a list revealed to the public under the
Freedom of Information Act. (2)

Personally, I have read thousands of cases from aspartame victims,
many who post on Yahoo's Aspartame Victim Support Group list,
but Victoria's photographs, the first ever to be released from any
study, give meaning to the maxim,
"A picture is worth a thousand words."

Following is Victoria's gutsy account of why she did her experiment,
the protocol she used to conduct it and the remarkable pictures
of the rats. Victoria says --

I WANTED VISUAL PROOF

I did my aspartame experiment because my family was addicted
to diet soda. After researching the effects of aspartame, I strongly
believed the artificial sweetener might one day lead to their illness
and even early death.

Most influential in my research on the aspartame molecule was
The Bressler Report. (3)
Dr. Jerome Bressler, M.D., led an FDA task force to attempt
to validate the authenticity of a study done by G.D. Searle,
the pharmaceutical company that held the patent to the 'sweetener.'

Dr. Bressler's team did the Searle audit between April 25, 1977
and August 4, 1977 of study PT #988S73,
a 115 Week Oral Tumorigenicity Study in the Rat.

The rat study was supposedly done by Searle to examine
the adverse effects of the crystalline form of aspartame's breakdown
into phenylalanine, 50% of the chemical's composition,
to SC-19192, diketopiperazine (DKP).

Bressler's force found irregularities in Searle's
experiment -- missing raw data, errors and discrepancies
in available data, exclusions of animals, and animals
that had masses removed and were then returned to the study.

It is clear Searle misrepresented the carcinogenicity of DKP,
and hid incriminating data from the FDA.

One unreported tissue mass in Searle's study measured
5.0 X 4.5 X 2.5 cm. Equivalent to 2 in. X 1.75 in. X 1.0 in. -- a
significant sized tumor that should be visible to the naked eye,
hard to miss.

I was convinced I would see tumors and possibly other harmful
effects to convince my family and friends to avoid aspartame.

Page 1 of 7 Copyright © 2008

http://www.myaspartameexperiment.com/index.php?page=2

MY EXPERIMENTAL SETUP

MY EXPERIMENTAL PROTOCOL

Summary of aspartame rat study protocol

Protocol parameter

Description

Source of aspartame

NutraSweet packets.

[...]

Type of feed

Kaytee's Supreme Fortified Daily Blend for Rat & Mouse
and Kaytee's Supreme Fortified Daily Blend for Hamster & Gerbil
from a local feed store.

DIET PEPSI, ASPARTAME OR NUTRASWEET?

Because my family members were addicted to diet soda,
at first I wanted to put Diet Pepsi in my rats' water bottles.
That idea was short lived.
After turning a filled bottle upside down and attaching it to a cage,
the liquid immediately started flowing out -- carbonation
pressurizes the bottle -- so diet Pepsi wouldn't work.

It was just as well, because the cost of the soda would have been
prohibitive over the course of the experiment.

I did not want to mix dry NutraSweet with rat food for several
reasons.
First, I wanted to simulate the effects of diet soda -- a liquid.
Next, NutraSweet is sold as powdered crystals that are tiny
compared to the grains and alfalfa pellets comprising the food
I fed my rats.
I knew the powder would fall to the bottom of the food bowls,
allowing the rats to avoid it.

I also knew from personal experience it would be hard
to calculate the dosage, because so much food
ends up in the trays under their cages.

Finally, aspartame crystals may clump, allowing rats to avoid them.
In The Bressler Report, the FDA task force reported the rats
learned to eat around the DKP crystals.

I decided to mix pure aspartame in their water.

In an Internet search for an aspartame supplier,
I found only food and beverage manufacturers
are permitted to purchase aspartame.
Dr. Ralph Walton, a respected researcher, in the mid-90's,
experienced the same problem --
no aspartame for sale for his study. (4)

The National Institute of Health evaluates a packet of
aspartame-based sweetener such as NutraSweet contains
40 mg of aspartame.

I decided on putting the NutraSweet in their drinking water,
at the rate of two packets -- a
total of 80 mg of aspartame -- per each 8 oz of water.

A 12-oz diet soda has about 180 mg of aspartame,
15 mg of aspartame per oz., the amount in approximately
4.5 packets of NutraSweet.

According to the industry-run Aspartame Information Center
website, a conservative estimate of the maximum dose of
aspartame for humans per day,
the Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI), as set by the FDA,
is 50 mg/kg, approximately twenty cans of 12-ounce diet soda
for a 150 lb. adult
and six 12-ounce cans for a 50-pound child.

Tabletop sweetener ADI is 97 packets for an adult
and 32 packets for a child.

The animals in my study weighed on the average
of 1 pound for males and 0.66 pounds for females.

The ADI for the males was 16.9 mg and for the females 13.5 mg.

To put these numbers into perspective,
the aspartame received by my rats daily, was equivalent
to two-thirds the aspartame contained in 8-oz of diet soda.

My masters degree is in mathematics.

RAT STRAIN

Most studies are done on rats that are genetically identical.
According to a friend who runs a rabbit and mouse lab
for a local bio-tech company, "Some vendors sell strains of rats
that have gone through 30 generations of
brother and sister in-bred mating"

This concept seemed counter-intuitive to me.
How do these strains of rats represent the general population?
In "Mean Genes", Jay Phelan and Terry Burnhan write:
"Almost all animals avoid mating with close relatives
because it makes for bad babies. From mice to monkeys,
animals are reluctant to have offspring with siblings."

I bought my rats at PetCo, and bred them for my experiment.

I purchased rats of different colors, to get a genetic variety.
I also attempted to breed rats that were not brothers and sisters,
to avoid in-breeding mutation.

I found most of the observable symptoms occurred
during the last third of the rat's life-span, illuminating the
information that the adverse effects of aspartame are cumulative.

I chose to allow my rats to live out their natural lives.
I honor them for their sacrifice
and for showing the way for the rest of us.

I put NutraSweet in their water starting in March, 2002,
and the last of them died in November 2004.
The experiment lasted a total of two years, eight months.
[ Were videos made?
Were bodies or samples frozen?
Did any other researchers help?
Will a longer report be submitted to a mainstream journal? ]

Even though I had read the Bressler Report,
I was struck by the number and size of the growths.
Eleven females and one male developed tumors.
That's 37% of the females on aspartame.
[ 36.7 % F and 3.3 % M ]

Page 2 of 7 Copyright © 2008

http://www.myaspartameexperiment.com/index.php?page=3

During the audit of Searle's DKP study,
pathologist Dr. Charles H. Frith spent three days with the FDA
task force to review 145 animals.
Sufficient slides substantiated 73 female animals
with grossly observed masses.

THREE ASPARTAME FEMALES WITH TUMORS

In 2005, Dr. Morando Soffritti of the
European Foundation of Oncology, in Bologna, Italy
completed an 8-year "mega-experiment" with 1,800 rats,
to evaluate the potential carcinogenic effects of aspartame.

The results of the experiment showed a dose-related statistically
significant increase of lymphomas and leukemias in female rats.

This statistically significant increase was also observed
at the dose level of 20 mg/Kg of body weight,
a dose inferior to the accepted daily intake permitted
for humans by current regulations.

Results of Dr. Soffritti's second long-term carcinogenicity
bioassay on Aspartame ."not only confirm
but also reinforce our first experimental demonstration
(Belpoggi et al. 2006; Soffritti et al. 2005, 2006)
of APM's multipotential carcinogenicity at a dose level
close to the human ADI.
Furthermore, the study demonstrates that when life-span
exposure to APM (aspartame) begins during fetal life,
its carcinogenic effects are increased."

I was relieved to know to know Dr. Soffritti also let his rats live
until spontaneous death because most cancers occur
"in the last third of a person's lifetime."

There are no photographs from the Soffritti study.
But one can surmise, they looked something like this.

THESE FEMALES IN MY MINI-EXPERIMENT APPEAR TO
HAVE MAMMARY OR LYMPH TUMORS.

THIS FEMALE DEVELOPED A LARGE TUMOR
ON HER LEFT SIDE.

THIS FEMALE DEVELOPED A TUMOR
ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HER FACE.

THIS FEMALE HAS A VERY LARGE TUMOR
ON HER RIGHT SIDE.

THIS MALE HAD A GROWTH
ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HIS FACE.

Page 3 of 7 Copyright © 2008

http://www.myaspartameexperiment.com/index.php?page=4

THIS FEMALE HAD A TUMOR NEAR THE
LEFT LYMPH GLAND OF HER NECK.
NOTE THE IDENTIFYING WHITE MARK ON HER HEAD.

THE TUMOR GREW TO GIGANTIC PROPORTIONS
ND APPEARED TO BE FILLED WITH NUMEROUS
SMALLER TUMORS.
THE TUMOUR BECAME ENTANGLED WITH HER RIGHT
FORELEG CAUSING GREAT DIFFICULTY WHEN MOVING.

THIS LAST PHOTO OF THE SAME FEMALE,
TAKEN AFTER DEATH, SHOWS THE SMALL TUMORS
MORE PRONOUNCED ALONG WITH THE
BLOOD VESSELS THAT FED THEM.

The fact that the European Union can discredit the
Ramazzini Institute's damning 8-year cancer study
is because, as researcher Mark Gold, www.holisticmed.com
points out, after extensive background checks -- the persons
controlling our world-wide health have big-time ties to industry.

CHANGE IN VISION IS NO. 3 ON THE FDA LIST
OF ASPARTAME SYMPTOMS.

Endocrinologist, Dr. H. J. Roberts, M.D. writes in
"Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic",
"The FDA initially received ocular complaints attributed to
aspartame from 177 consumers
(Dr. Linda Tollefson, personal communication, August 12, 1987).

Eye complaints, in the 1200 cases Dr. Roberts clinically
observed for his book "were prominent", including
retinal detachment, and in 27 cases, blindness
occurred in one or both eyes.
Other aspartame 'reactors' reported tunnel vision, eye pain,
jerking of the eyes, bright flashes, dry eyes,
trouble with contact lenses and bleeding eyes.

MALE WITH BLEEDING EYES

THESE TWO MALES HAD EYE INFECTIONS

"In 1991, I was diagnosed with an 'incurable' case of
Grave's Disease, a fatal thyroid disorder.
I never really had Grave's Disease,
but my doctors were convinced I did.
I had aspartame poisoning with symptoms of 'textbook'
Grave's Disease caused by aspartame saturating my foods."
Dr. Janet Starr Hull
"Sweet Poison: How The World's Most Popular
Artificial Sweetener is Killing Us". New Horizon Press

One of the symptoms of Grave's Disease is protruding eyes.
This is a no-longer private e-mail from Dr. Hull to Carol Guilford:

"YES, I had protruding eyes, cystic acne,
and my hair was falling out in clumps.
I had gained 30 pounds, too.
ALL that went away within a year from stopping all aspartame.
I even had holes in my retina from the methanol,
and those have closed up now. All backed up by my eye surgeon."

If you go to Dr. Hull's web site, www.sweetpoison.com ,
you will find her a beautiful-looking woman.

Page 4 of 7 Copyright © 2008

http://www.myaspartameexperiment.com/index.php?page=5

FOUR ASPARTAME-FED FEMALES
WITH PROTRUDING EYES

No observable eye disorders were found
in my control group of 48 animals.

NEUROLOGICAL PROBLEMS

No observable neurological problems
were displayed in my control group.

Film maker Cori Brackett ("Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World")
wrote a book of poetry, "Through the Shadows",
about her MS diagnosis and her year-long recovery
after she threw out the diet Coke.
www.soundandfuryproductions.com

ASPARTAME MALE
WHOSE HIND LEGS BECAME PARALYZED

He did not live long after.

TORTICOLLIS

Torticollis is a condition that causes
the neck to twist, involuntary, to one side.
The NSTA, the National Spasmodic Torticollis Association,
describes torticollis as "Spasmodic Torticollis (ST),
a painful and debilitating neurological disorder
caused by a dysfunction of the brain."

According to the NSTA, this aspartame-fed male and
female rat have "tonic torticollis rotational."

THIS FEMALE PERPETUALLY TURNED HER HEAD
TO THE LEFT, A HUMAN SYMPTOM OF TORTICOLLIS.

THIS MALE ALSO HAD TROUBLE WALKING,
FREQUENTLY FALLING OVER.

Note that his body is leaning toward his left side.
Unsteady gait is No. 61 on the FDA list of aspartame symptoms.

Page 5 of 7 Copyright © 2008

http://www.myaspartameexperiment.com/index.php?page=6

GENETIC DAMAGE

"Searle had submitted 13 tests in an attempt to establish that
aspartame did not cause genetic damage but memos from public
records show that FDA scientists who reviewed the tests found
serious deficiencies in all of them"
Mary Nash Stoddard
"Deadly Deception: Story of Aspartame"
Former Texas State Judge Stoddard is the founder of the
ACSN, The Aspartame Consumer Safety Network,
along with her partner, consumer attorney, James Turner.
www.aspartamesafety.com

THIS ASPARTAME FED FEMALE
HAD A TOOTH GROWING OUTSIDE THE MOUTH

THE LARGE TAN MALE RAT IN THE CENTER BELOW
WAS THE SAME AGE AS HIS STUNTED MALE
AND FEMALE COUSINS.
THE SMALLER RATS GREW TO ABOUT
HALF THE AVERAGE WEIGHT OF THEIR COUSINS.

CLOSE UP OF A FEMALE BORN WITH A SINGLE EYE

A MALE BORN WITH ONE EYE

Changes in skin in No. 65 on the FDA list
and No. 66 is change in hair or nails.

These shots are graphic, indeed.
No rats in the control group showed skin problems.

THESE ASPARTAME MALES HAD
THINNING AND YELLOWING FUR.

A SKIN LESION ON AN ASPARTAME MALE

THE SKIN OF THIS FEMALE RAT STARTED
COMING OFF THE WEEK BEFORE IT DIED.

The unkindest cut of all.

Change in body weight is No. 53 on the FDA list. (5)

THIS FEMALE ASPARTAME RAT BECAME OBESE.

Page 6 of 7 Copyright © 2008

http://www.myaspartameexperiment.com/index.php?page=7

IS ASPARTAME A HAZARDOUS CHEMICAL?

THE INDEPENDENT, JUNE 6, 1999

WORLD'S TOP SWEETENER IS MADE
WITH GM BACTERIA.

"A Monsanto spokeswoman confirmed that aspartame for the US
market is often made using genetic engineering."

OSHA, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
classifies methanol, formaldehyde and formic acid,
components of aspartame as hazardous.
[ The body makes any ingested methanol into formaldehyde and
thence largely into formic acid, with about 30-40 %
cumulative durable retention of unknown toxic reaction products,
M. Bouchard et al., 2001 ]

Carol Guilford convinced me to let her attempt to explain
Aspartame, The Poison, in just a few paragraphs.

Aspartame is a very sophisticated, clever drug.
So, first off, let me point out that this sophisticated, clever drug
could never have been "discovered" accidentally.

Incidentally, James M. Schlatter, the scientist who,
working on an ulcer drug, licked his finger to find the sweet
chemical NutraSweet, has never been questioned.

PHENYLALANINE, 50% of the aspartame molecule
is isolated from the other 22 amino acids,
with which it exists in nature.
Isolated phenylalanine, neurosurgeon Dr. Russell Blaylock, M.D.
tells us crosses the blood brain barrier to interfere and kill
the neurotransmitter cells of the brain by "exciting them to death."
("Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills")

In 1987, Dr. Louis J. Elsas, then Professor of Pediatrics
and Director of the Division of Medical Genetics
at Emory University testified at the hearing before the
United States Senate Committee on Labor and Human Resources,
concerning "NUTRASWEET HEALTH AND SAFETY
CONCERNS."

Dr. Elsas told the Senators, "In the developing fetus such a rise in
maternal blood phenylalanine could be magnified four to six fold
by the concentrative efforts of the placental and fetal
blood brain barrier and this concentration
kills such cells in tissue culture.
The effect of such an increased fetal brain concentrations in vivo
would probably be much more subtle and expressed as
mental retardation, microcephaly, or potential certain birth defects."

Does autism ring a bell? When Dr. Elsas told the Senate
this significant fact about phenylalanine, in 1987, infant autism
rates were 1 in 1,500 -- today they are 1 in 150 and rising.

How many of us ever heard of Alzheimer's in 1980?
The rates have doubled since aspartame was approved;
a conservative statistic is 5 million in the US have the disease.

PHENYLALANINE converts to DKP, diketopiperazine,
a tumor agent. The suspicious study of DKP by
Searle Pharmaceuticals prompted the FDA to audit the
experiment, the results of which are documented in the
Bressler Report.

ASPARTIC ACID is 40% of the aspartame molecule.
Dr. Madelon Price, in 1998 a Professor of Neurobiology
at Washington University, in St. Louis, Missouri,
told her students: "Aspartic acid (aspartate) has been known
to be a neurotoxin for 30 years. (now 40 years)
Rodents that have ingested too much aspartame as infants
are stunted as adults, obese and have sexual and reproductive
dysfunctions. (7)"

At the same lecture to her students that day, someone asked
Dr. Price whether the phenylalanine in neotame, the aspartame
clone, approved by the FDA was the same as the phenylalanine
in aspartame. Dr. Price answered, it was. Neotame is now
in the food supply, unlabeled, without a PKU warning for those
who cannot metabolize phenylalanine.

"Ah, says industry. but there's such a small amount of
phenylalanine in neotame, it doesn't count."
[ This is plausible, since neotame is 40 times sweeter than
aspartame, then 40 times less of it is used, so that the
added phenylalanine and methanol are arguably harmless.
However, it is essential to monitor and honor citizen feedback
about negative symptoms. ]

Wait a minute. Dr. Price explains, "Aspartate (aspartame)
is additive in its effects with glutamate and other excitotoxins.
In other words, a subtoxic dose of aspartame added to a
subtoxic dose of glutamate (MSG) may add up to a toxic dose.
Unfortunately it is hard to find food that does not contain
added glutamate, and for some categories of food
it does not have to be listed on the label."

METHANOL is 10% of the aspartame molecule.
Methanol (wood alcohol) is a known poison and addictive, too.
Doesn't everyone knows someone who carries a diet Coke
around all day?

The aspartame industry claims there is more methanol
in a glass of orange juice than in aspartame products,
but in a natural product, such as orange juice,
the poisonous wood alcohol has the antidote
for methanol inherently in it -- ethanol.
[ Huge levels of methanol are indeed released by degradation
of pectins in fruits and vegetables by bacteria in the colon.
The levels of methanol in diet soda are half as much as in
most dark wines and liquors, but 13 hours after drinking,
enough methanol remains in the blood to cause the dire
symptoms of "morning after" hangovers, as, without any
remaining ethanol, the methanol is quickly turned into
formaldehyde and then formic acid, both potent, cumulative
toxins that impact every tissue and organ. YS Woo et al, 2005. ]

Ingested methanol is turned by the body
into formaldehyde (embalming fluid).

In 1998, a research team from the biology department
of the University of Barcelona, Spain, C. Trocho, et al.,
concluded: "Aspartame converts to formaldehyde in vivo
in the bodies of laboratory rats."

"Formaldehyde is a highly reactive small molecule,
which strongly binds to proteins and nucleic acids,
forming adducts, which are difficult to eliminate
through the normal metabolism pathways. the amount
of formaldehyde adducts coming from aspartame
in tissue proteins and nucleic acids may be cumulative.

It is concluded that aspartame consumption may
constitute a hazard, because of its contribution
to the formation of formaldehyde adducts."

The formaldehyde from the free methanol then
breaks down into formic acid, ant sting venom.

Yes, a very, sophisticated, clever drug -- killing us sweetly.

FOOTNOTES

1. Three female rats in the control group of 48 had small tumors.

2. Activist Betty Martini has a receipt from the
Dept. of Health and Human Services
for her request of the aspartame 'report'
The cost was $42.30. The letter is dated June 6, 1995
http://www.presidiotex.com/92symptoms

3. The complete Bressler Report can be read at
http://www.presidiotex.com/bressler

4. Dr. Ralph Walton compiled a list of most controlled
human and animal studies looking for the effects of aspartame.
Out of 90 independently-funded studies, 83 of them found
one or more problems caused by aspartame.
But out of the 74 studies funded by the aspartame industry
(e.g., Monsanto, G. D. Searle, etc),
every single one of them claimed that no problems were found.

5. Dr. Sandra Cabot ("The Liver Cleansing Diet")
in a position paper on aspartame explains the liver
is so busy detoxing the poisons from aspartame,
it cannot properly metabolize fat.

MSG is also an 'excitotoxin' that causes obesity.

Dr. Blaylock writes, in an article for
Nurse World Magazine. "dozens of independent laboratories
have confirmed the connection between gross obesity
and exposure to MSG early in life.
More recent studies have also found it induces type 2 diabetes.
One of the most frightening connections is
with sudden cardiac death.
It is known that the heart's electrical conduction system
contains a number of glutamate receptors,
as does the heart muscle itself.
If these glutamate receptors are overstimulated,
fatal arrhythmias can result."

Change in heart rate is No. 15 on the FDA list
of aspartame symptoms.

6. Everything you ever wanted to know about the methanol in
aspartame is in Dr. Monte's letter of January, 2006.
Author and columnist David L. Dewey has posted the letter at
http://www.dldewey.com/monte.htm

David's concise article
Aspartame -- Sweetness Disguised as Disease or Death is at
http://www.dldewey.com/aspar.htm

7. Dr. Price worked with Dr. John Olney, who in 1969
found aspartic acid caused nerve damage in the brains of mice.
It was Dr. Olney who discovered that aspartame and MSG
could kill brain cells by 'exciting' them to death,
hence, the name 'excitotoxin.'

In 1996, Dr. Olney showed the link between aspartame and
brain cancer, up 10% after aspartame had been on the market
for 3 years and one year after its inclusion in diet sodas.

Despite an airing on "60 Minutes", Dr. Olney was media-blitzed
by industrial power, in the same manner as Dr. Soffritti
is being dismissed today, ten years later.

Death is No. 77 on the FDA list of aspartame symptoms.

Page 7 of 7 Copyright © 2008

http://victoriainnessbrown.com/

Victoria Inness-Brown [ photo ]

Technical Writing & Document Design

Victoria's high-level training in mathematics provides an
excellent
background for technical writing. She understands difficult concepts,
perseveres in solving problems, and brings to her writing an
innate sense of logic and an in-depth attention to detail.
With over 20 years of experience, she remains interested in learning
and developing new abilities. She enjoys challenges, and is capable
of juggling multiple projects. She is self-motivated, and works well
alone or as part of a team. She researches, writes, designs
document formats, takes photographs and screen captures,
prepares line art, edits, and proofreads. She prepares
production-ready hard copy, PDF, HTML or help files and
oversees the production. She prepares software user guides,
developer guides, administrator guides and online help,
as well as hardware installation, operation, and maintenance
manuals; proposals, brochures, specifications, and procedures;
technical papers, newsletters and videos for educational, sales
and technical purposes.

Education
A, Mathematics, UCSD, La Jolla California
BA, Mathematics, UCSD, La Jolla California

Production Software Experience
FrameMaker, MS Word, Pagemaker, QuarkXPress, Visio,
MS Paint, RoboHTML/WebHelp, Webworks,
Macromedia Dreamweaver, Pinnacle Studio 8, Adobe PhotoShop,
Film Factory, Camtasia, DubIt, SnagIt.

Contact Victoria
Victoria Inness-Brown
15794 Lawson Valley Road
Jamul CA 91935-2221 USA
Phone: 619-445-3569 E-mail: ;
__________________________________________________ __

[ Below, I give the specific data for the first Ramazzini studies on
methanol, formaldehyde, and aspartame carcinogenicity.

Overall, Inness-Brown's results agree -- however,
the Ramazzini rats did not show a consistent strong
difference between males and females, at least, for these
specific cancers.

We can grasp the main picture by studying their results
at a high level of exposu

aspartame dose a
-----------------equivalent methanol dose
---------------- (11% of aspartame)
------------------------------roughly equivalent formaldehyde dose
----------------------------- (30% of methanol)

Males
Females
Males + Females

Animals with lymphomas and leukaemias [hemolymphoreticular
neoplasias] % of each group of animals, found by careful
microscopic examination of many specific tissue samples by
trained research assistants. They did not report data on grossly
visible tumors only, some of which may well not be malignant
(cancerous).

The bottom line shows that the 3 female control groups had
from 7.0 - 13.0 % of these specific cancers,
2-4 time more than the 3.3 % percentage with grossly
observable tumors for female controls in the Inness-Brown study.

Probably, inbred laboratory rat strains have much higher tumor
and cancer rates than pet store varieties, but not much more
can be decided by comparing these two sets of studies.

It could be that lab rats over the last century have evolved to
be resistant to exposure to formaldehyde, a common
contaminant of air, liquid, and water in scientific laboratories.
This deserves scientific exploration.

Groups, with chemical in drinking water until natural death
100 rats each

II--50,000-20.0-----5,000-36.0----1,500-46.0 ** males
------------25.0**---------24.0-----------20.0* females
------------12.5------------30.0-----------33.0 both

VII------0-20.7----------0-28.0---------0-8.0 [ control groups ]
-------------8.7------------13.0------------7.0
------------14.7------------20.5------------7.5

The results amount to 1.3 to 5.75 times their control group levels.
Aspartame, methanol, and formaldehyde results broadly agree.
Unknown factors are causing differences between males and females.

The control groups vary widely,
with the percentage of rats with these most common cancers,
present at natural death, ranging from 7.0% to 28.0%.
A layman can only speculate as to the possible causes in a uniform
population of rats in the same huge laboratory facility for decades,
such as various viruses, bacteria, or molds,
or variable impurities in the tap water.

methanol (formaldehyde, formic acid) disposition:
Bouchard M et al, full plain text, 2001:
substantial sources are degradation
of fruit pectins, liquors, aspartame, smoke:
Murray 2005.04.02 rmforall

President Bush & formaldehyde (aspartame) toxicity:
Ramazzini Foundation carcinogenicity results Dec 2002:
Soffritti: Murray 2003.08.03 rmforall

p. 88 "The sweetening agent aspartame hydrolyzes in the
gastrointestinal tract to become free methyl alcohol,
which is metabolized in the liver
to formaldehyde, formic acid, and CO2. (11)"
Medinsky MA & Dorman DC. 1994;
Assessing risks of low-level methanol exposure.
CIIT Act. 14: 1-7.

Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 Dec; 982: 87-105.
Results of long-term experimental studies on the carcinogenicity of
formaldehyde and acetaldehyde in rats.
Soffritti M, Belpoggi F, Lambertin L,
Lauriola M, Padovani M, Maltoni C.
Cancer Research Center,
European Ramazzini Foundation for Oncology
and Environmental Sciences, Bologna, Italy.
Formaldehyde was administered for 104 weeks in drinking water
supplied ad libitum at concentrations of
1500, 1000, 500, 100, 50, 10, or 0 mg/L
to groups of 50 male and 50 female Sprague-Dawley rats
beginning at seven weeks of age.
Control animals (100 males and 100 females) received tap water only.
Acetaldehyde was administered to 50 male and 50 female
Sprague-Dawley rats beginning at six weeks of age at concentrations of
2,500, 1,500, 500, 250, 50, or 0 mg/L.
Animals were kept under observation until spontaneous death.
Formaldehyde and acetaldehyde were found to produce an increase
in total malignant tumors in the treated groups
and showed specific carcinogenic effects on various organs and
tissues.
PMID: 12562630

Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 Dec; 982: 46-69.
Results of long-term experimental studies on the carcinogenicity of
methyl alcohol and ethyl alcohol in rats.
Soffritti M, Belpoggi F, Cevolani D,
Guarino M, Padovani M, Maltoni C.
Cancer Research Center,
European Ramazzini Foundation for Oncology
and Environmental Sciences, Bologna, Italy.

Methyl alcohol was administered in drinking water
supplied ad libitum at doses of
20,000, 5,000, 500, or 0 ppm to groups of male and female
Sprague-Dawley rats 8 weeks old at the start of the experiment.
Animals were kept under observation until spontaneous death.
Ethyl alcohol was administered by ingestion in drinking water at a
concentration of 10% or 0% supplied ad libitum
to groups of male and female Sprague-Dawley rats;
breeders and offspring were included in the experiment.
Treatment started at 39 weeks of age (breeders),
7 days before mating,
or from embryo life (offspring)
and lasted until their spontaneous death.
Under tested experimental conditions,
methyl alcohol and ethyl alcohol
were demonstrated to be carcinogenic
for various organs and tissues.
They must also be considered multipotential carcinogenic agents.
In addition to causing other tumors, ethyl alcohol induced
malignant tumors of the oral cavity, tongue, and lips.
These sites have been shown to be target organs in man by
epidemiologic studies.
Publication Types: Review Review, Tutorial PMID: 12562628

aspartame induces lymphomas and leukaemias in rats, full plain text,
M Soffritti, F Belpoggi, DD Esposti, L Lambertini: Ramazzini
Foundation study 2005.07.14: main results agree with their previous
methanol and formaldehyde studies: Murray 2005.09.03

Here I have combined fairly equivalent data from
their aspartame, methanol, and formaldehyde studies.
Aspartame groups were 100-150 rats each,
methanol 100 rats each,
and formaldehyde 50 rats each
(formaldehyde control groups 100 rats each).

Aspartame and methanol are directly comparable,
since the 11% methanol component of aspartame upon ingestion
is immediately and fully released into the GI tract,
and then much of that quickly turned into formaldehyde and
then formic acid, both of which account for the toxicity of methanol.

aspartame dose a
-----------------equivalent methanol dose
---------------- (11% of aspartame)
------------------------------roughly equivalent formaldehyde dose
----------------------------- (30% of methanol)

Males
Females
Males + Females

Animals with lymphomas and leukaemias [hemolymphoreticular
neoplasias] % of each group of animals

Group
100 rats each

--------------------20,000-40.0
----------------------------28.0 #^
--------------------------- 34.0

I-100,000-29.0
------------25.0**
------------27.0

II--50,000-20.0-----5,000-36.0--1,500-46.0 **
------------25.0**---------24.0---------20.0*
------------22.5------------30.0---------33.0

-----------------------------------1,000-22.0*
------------------------------------------22.0*
------------------------------------------22.0

-------------------------------------500-24.0*
------------------------------------------14.0
------------------------------------------19.0

III-10,000-15.0
------------19.0*
------------17.0

-----------------------500-35.0
----------------------------24.0
----------------------------29.5

-----------------------100-26.0**
----------------------------16.0
----------------------------21.0

---------------------------------------50-20.0
-------------------------------------------14.0
-------------------------------------------17.0

IV-2,000--22.0
------------18.7*
------------20.3

V----400--16.7
------------20.0**
------------18.3
---------------------------------------10--8.0
-------------------------------------------10.0
--------------------------------------------9.0

------------------------15-20.0 [-50 rats ]
----------------------------10.0 [-50 rats ]
----------------------------15.0 [100 rats ]

VI------80-15.3
------------14.7
------------15.0

VII------0-20.7----------0-28.0---------0-8.0 [ control groups ]
-------------8.7------------13.0------------7.0
------------14.7------------20.5------------7.5

a Considering the life-span average weight
of a rat (male and female) as 400 g
and the average consumption of food as 20 g per day

* aspartame, statistically significant p= 0.05;
** aspartame, statistically significant p= 0.01
using poly-k test (k = 3)

# methanol, p<0.05 using X2 test
^ methanol, p<0.05 using Cochrane-Armitage test
for dose-response relationship

* formaldehyde, p<0.05 using X2 test
** formaldehyde, p<0.01 using X2 test

We can grasp the main picture by studying the results
at a high level of exposu

II--50,000-20.0-----5,000-36.0----1,500-46.0 **
------------25.0**---------24.0-----------20.0*
------------12.5------------30.0-----------33.0

The results amount to 1.3 to 5.75 times their control group levels.
Aspartame, methanol, and formaldehyde results broadly agree.
Unknown factors are causing differences between males and females.

The control groups vary widely,
with the percentage of rats with these most common cancers,
present at natural death, ranging from 7.0% to 28.0%.
A layman can only speculate as to the possible causes in a uniform
population of rats in the same huge laboratory facility for decades,
such as various viruses, bacteria, or molds,
or variable impurities in the tap water.

Formaldehyde at 50 ppm shows a doubling of the percentage
of rats with these cancers, for groups of just 50 rats.
It is a safe bet that studies using groups of 100 to 200 rats
would establish significance at this 50 ppm level,
which in turn would mandate the reduction
of the present USA EPA level (1999) from 1 ppm
for lifetime exposure to formaldehyde
in drinking water to 0.05 ppm,
since the human limit is estimated by dividing
the lowest harmful animal level by 1000.

Lifetime exposure to low doses of aspartame beginning during prenatal
life
increases cancer effects in rats, Morando Soffritti et al, European
Ramazzini
Foundation, USA EPA Environmental Health Perspectives 2007.06.13 free
full
text
24 pages: Murray 2007.06.16
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1441

www.ehponline.org/members/2007/10271/10271.pdf free full text 24 pages

praise for second aspartame cancer rat study by Ramazzini Foundation,
Morando
Soffritti et al, by informed MDs -- Blaylock, Landigan, Walton,
Roberts:
Martini: Murray 2007.06.15

second large Ramazzini study on low dose lifetime aspartame in rats
confirms
carcinogenicity -- Morando Soffritti will give data and get Selikoff
award
April
23 at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in NYC: Murray 2007.04.19
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1415

aspartame causes cancer in rats at levels approved for humans,
Morando Soffritti et al, Ramazzini Foundation, Italy &
National Toxicology Program
of National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
2005.11.17 Env. Health Pers. 35 pages: Murray

USA National Institutes of Health National Toxicology
Program aids eminent Ramazzini Foundation, Bologna, Italy,
in more results on cancers in rats from lifetime low levels
of aspartame (methanol, formaldehyde), Felicity Lawrence,
www.guardian.co.uk: Murray 2005.09.30

Michael F Jacobson of CSPI now and in 1985 re aspartame
toxicity, letter to FDA Commissioner Lester Crawford;
California OEHHA aspartame critique 2004.03.12; Center for
Consumer Freedom denounces CSPI: Murray 2005.07.27

Obfuscation of the iatrogenic autism epidemic re mercury in kid
vaccines, Kenneth P. Stoller, Pediatrics 2006.05.06;
aspartame toxicity 2005.11.10: Comet assay can test genotoxicity,
EFSA admits ignorance re methanol residues, Murray 2006.05.10

Morando Soffritti of Ramazzini Foundation rebuts EFSA AFC critique,
www.laleva.org: Murray 2006.05.05

European Food Safety Authority discounts Ramazzini study re many
cancers in 1800 rats fed lifetime doses of aspartame:
Calorie Control Council press release: Murray 2006.05.05

http://www.efsa.eu.int/press_room/pr...e/1472_en.html

http://www.efsa.eu.int/science/afc/a...s/1471_en.html

http://www.efsa.eu.int/press_room/me...tindex_en.html

http://www.flyonthewall.com/FlyBroad...essConference/

http://www.efsa.eu.int/science/afc/a...rtame_en1.\pdf

Aspartame: The healthy option? Richard A. Lovett, The New Scientist
2006.05.04: Murray 2006.05.08

The Lowdown on Sweet? (Ramazzini Foundation, M Soffritti proof that
aspartame causes cancers), Melanie Warner, The New York Times:
sucralose: Prof. DL Katz: Murray 2006.02.12

David L. Katz MD comments briefly with Diane Sawyer on ABC
Good Morning America re Ramazzini aspartame cancer study:
excellent opus at Yale U: mainstream research on aspartame
(methanol, formaldehyde, formic acid) toxicity: Murray 2006.02.14
__________________________________________________ __

brief aspartame research review: Rich Murray 2008.02.12
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.htm
Sunday, February 10, 2008
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1516
metabolic syndrome is tied to diet soda, PL Lutsey, LM Steffen,
J Stevens, Circulation 2008.01.22: role of formaldehyde and
formic acid from methanol in wines, liquors, or aspartame?:
Murray 2008.02.07

"But the one-third who ate the most fried food increased their risk
by 25 percent, compared with the one-third who ate the least, and
surprisingly, the risk of developing metabolic syndrome was 34
percent higher among those who drank one can of diet soda a day
compared with those who drank none.

"This is interesting," said Lyn M. Steffen, an associate professor of
epidemiology at the University of Minnesota and a co-author of the
paper, which was posted online in the journal Circulation on Jan. 22.
"Why is it happening? Is it some kind of chemical in the diet soda,
or something about the behavior of diet soda drinkers?""

"The diet soda association was not hypothesized
and deserves further study."

vinyl acetate, ethyl alcohol, or aspartame in womb increases later
cancers in adults with lifetime exposure in many studies, M Soffritti
et al, Ramazzini Foundation, Basic Clin. Pharm. Toxicol. 2008 Feb.:
Rich Murray 2008.02.07

folic acid prevents neurotoxicity from formic acid, made by body
from methanol impurity in alcohol drinks [also 11 % of aspartame],
BM Kapur, PL Carlen, DC Lehotay, AC Vandenbroucke,
Y Adamchik, U. of Toronto, 2007 Dec., Alcoholism Cl. Exp. Res.:
Murray 2007.11.27

details on 6 epidemiological studies since 2004 on diet soda (mainly
aspartame) correlations, as well as 14 other mainstream studies
on aspartame toxicity since summer 2005: Murray 2007.11.27

aspartame groups and books:
updated research review of 2004.07.16: Murray 2006.05.11

Souring on fake sugar (aspartame), Jennifer Couzin,
Science 2007.07.06: 4 page letter to FDA from 12 eminent
USA toxicologists re two Ramazzini Foundation cancer studies
2007.06.25: Murray 2007.07.18

ASDA (unit of Wal-Mart Stores WMT.N) and Marks & Spencer
will join Tesco and also Sainsbury to ban and limit aspartame,
MSG, artificial flavors dyes preservatives additives, trans fats, salt
"nasties" to protect kids from ADHD: leading UK media:
Murray 2007.05.15

Artificial sweeteners (aspartame, sucralose) and coloring agents
will be banned from use in newly-born and baby foods,
the European Parliament decided: Latvia ban in schools 2006:
Murray 2007.07.12

highly toxic formaldehyde, the cause of alcohol hangovers, is
made by the body from 100 mg doses of methanol from
dark wines and liquors, dimethyl dicarbonate, and aspartame:
Murray 2007.08.31

FEMA slow to safety test Katrina toxic trailers, Charles Babington,
Associated Press -- 1 ppm formaldehyde in air is about half the
daily dose from 3 cans aspartame diet soda and ten times the
1999 EPA alarm level for drinking water: Murray 2007.07.23

"Of course, everyone chooses, as a natural priority, to enjoy
peace, joy, and love by helping to find, quickly share, and positively
act upon evidence about healthy and safe food, drink, and
environment."

Rich Murray, MA Room For All
505-501-2298 1943 Otowi Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505

http://RMForAll.blogspot.com new primary archive

group with 119 members, 1,521 posts in a public archive

group with 1,072 members 22,234 posts in public archive

correct way to send testimony and evidence to
Hawaii House Health Committee
re aspartame ban hearing 2 pm EST Wed. Feb. 13:
Murray 2008.02.12
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.htm
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1518
[ The Chair, Rep. Josh Green, MD, exercised his prerogative to
defer the bill indefinitely, effectively killing the House Bill -- the
Senate Health Committee has yet to set a date for a hearing
on SB 2506, the same bill. ]

David Y. Ige, Chair
phone 808-586-6230; fax 808-586-6231
E-mail ;

Carol Fukunaga, Vice-Chair
phone 808-586-6890; fax 808-586-6899
e-mail:
; ]

bias, omissions, incuriosity = opportunity, aspartame safety
evaluation, Magnuson BA, Burdock GA, Williams GM, 7 more,
2007 Sept, Ajinomoto funded 98 pages html [ $ 32 pdf ]:
Murray 2007.09.15
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.htm
Saturday, September 15, 2007

MSG and Aspartame -- A Personal Story, TV health reporter
Dick Allgire (vegetarian) healed of migraines and panic attacks:
Murray 2008.02.12
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.htm
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1520
__________________________________________________ __

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Jeßus wrote:
> Patsie Hatley wrote:
>> I thought that the lunacy over aspartame had already been decided
>> over and
>> done with. we people with diabetes do not need this aspartame crap
>> scare, we
>> have enough to handle so knock it off

> What kind of logic is that?!?
> Yes... "let's put our head in the sand, and maybe the problem will go
> away".
>
> Come on - if a product like that (*especially* a product like that,
> patented/manufactured by people who have \very\ questionable ethics)
> has legitimate (independently verified multiple times) problems surely
> it is common sense to confront them? Why compromise your already poor
> health just for the sake of sweetness? Sorry, I just don't get it...
>
> If you really need a sweetener, might be worth checking out Stevia (if
> you haven't already done so). Even in it's natural form (dried leaf)
> it's surprisingly sweet.

look asshole
take your scam and shove it
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Jeßus wrote:
> Patsie Hatley wrote:
>> I thought that the lunacy over aspartame had already been decided over
>> and
>> done with. we people with diabetes do not need this aspartame crap
>> scare, we
>> have enough to handle so knock it off

> What kind of logic is that?!?
> Yes... "let's put our head in the sand, and maybe the problem will go
> away".
>
> Come on - if a product like that (*especially* a product like that,
> patented/manufactured by people who have \very\ questionable ethics) has
> legitimate (independently verified multiple times) problems surely it is
> common sense to confront them? Why compromise your already poor health
> just for the sake of sweetness? Sorry, I just don't get it...
>
> If you really need a sweetener, might be worth checking out Stevia (if
> you haven't already done so). Even in it's natural form (dried leaf)
> it's surprisingly sweet.

the FALSE science of the Dorway.com people has been refuted many times
in this newsgroup

please take your tripe and go away, you aren't wanted here

Dorway has taken monsanto to court more than once to have it pulled from
the shelves, and their 'science' did not stand up at all

Aspartame (Equal) and Splenda are GREAT sweeteners for us to use

Stevia is BANNED as a sweetener in the USA
Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Tiger_Lily wrote:
> Jeßus wrote:
>> Patsie Hatley wrote:
>>> I thought that the lunacy over aspartame had already been decided
>>> over and
>>> done with. we people with diabetes do not need this aspartame crap
>>> scare, we
>>> have enough to handle so knock it off

>> What kind of logic is that?!?
>> Yes... "let's put our head in the sand, and maybe the problem will go
>> away".
>>
>> Come on - if a product like that (*especially* a product like that,
>> patented/manufactured by people who have \very\ questionable ethics)
>> has legitimate (independently verified multiple times) problems surely
>> it is common sense to confront them? Why compromise your already poor
>> health just for the sake of sweetness? Sorry, I just don't get it...
>>
>> If you really need a sweetener, might be worth checking out Stevia (if
>> you haven't already done so). Even in it's natural form (dried leaf)
>> it's surprisingly sweet.
>>

> the FALSE science of the Dorway.com people has been refuted many times
> in this newsgroup
>
> please take your tripe and go away, you aren't wanted here
>
> Dorway has taken monsanto to court more than once to have it pulled from
> the shelves, and their 'science' did not stand up at all
>
> Aspartame (Equal) and Splenda are GREAT sweeteners for us to use
>
> Stevia is BANNED as a sweetener in the USA

LOL, looks like I've stumbled into some long grudge match battle eh?
Great stuff

So Monsanto won it court, did they... well as we all know, that must
surely mean they must be safe, lol.... after all, legal cases always win
based on the truth, don't they? Just ask O.J...

It blows me away that anyone could be so addicted to sweeteners that &
get so emotional about it and defend a large multinational company
selling what is essentially a poison.

As for Stevia... oh no, it is "BANNED"... don't use it!!!!!
Despite being (at best)casually interested in this topic, even I know it
isn't exactly 'BANNED' as you say. You can still easily buy it in the U.S.

That's the end of my participation on this matter, but I'll be sure to
drop in from time to time for a laugh

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Jeßus wrote:
> Tiger_Lily wrote:
> <snip>
> As for Stevia... oh no, it is "BANNED"... don't use it!!!!!
> Despite being (at best)casually interested in this topic, even I know
> it isn't exactly 'BANNED' as you say. You can still easily buy it in
> the U.S.
>
> That's the end of my participation on this matter, but I'll be sure to
> drop in from time to time for a laugh

BANNED is BANNED as a sweetener
BANNED to import

There is a loophole in the Pure Food and Drug Act which says that if you
call it a "supplement" and do not make claims that it is a food or a
medicine, you can sell ANY sort of crap.

It is sold illegally at "health" food stores, and Celestial Seasonings
recently was fined by the FDA for selling it as a sweetener.

It is also banned in the EU, and in Singapore, and in many many other
countries.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Jeßus wrote:

> LOL, looks like I've stumbled into some long grudge match battle eh?
> Great stuff

Yes, and your posting style so resembles that of Rich Murray that you're
probably a "sock puppet", a new and fake email address to post the same tired
claims that he's been spewing over on misc.health.diabets for years. Whether
you're a sock puppet. I'll spend a moment explaining it to the onlookers from
other newsgroups.

> So Monsanto won it court, did they... well as we all know, that must
> surely mean they must be safe, lol.... after all, legal cases always win
> based on the truth, don't they? Just ask O.J...

Logical fallacy, "ad hominem". Insulting the claimant on a personal basis
without actually disputing the evidence. I'm afraid this cuts both ways in
this argument, because you're filling the big pair of clown shoes worn by Rich
Murray and Betty Martini.

Many of the sweetener trials have been notoriously flawed: the old cyclamate
trials were massively mishandled, and the diet food and diet restricted people
of America became very touchy about potentially losing *another* sweetener
when aspartame was released. But the extensive use of it with few reported
consequences, and far, far fewer verifiable consequences, demonstrates at
least a reasonable safety record for it.

There are criminal things Monsanto has done. This is not one of them, the
evidence just isn't there.

> It blows me away that anyone could be so addicted to sweeteners that &
> get so emotional about it and defend a large multinational company
> selling what is essentially a poison.

No, we're just tired of you and people like you being "Eeek, don't take
vaccines, it causes autism (despite the evidence otherwise)!" And "Eeek!
Eating meat is bad for you (despite the taste and the evidence of our teeth
and digestion)!" And "Eeek, eating fruit is bad for you as a diabetic!" Etc.,
etc., etc., etc.

> As for Stevia... oh no, it is "BANNED"... don't use it!!!!!
> Despite being (at best)casually interested in this topic, even I know it
> isn't exactly 'BANNED' as you say. You can still easily buy it in the U.S.

And it tastes like crap, is awkward to obtain, and difficult to get precise
dosages in practice. If we want a decent sweetener that's on the banned list,
we should get cyclamates back. I *miss* cyclamates from my diabetic childhood,
they had much less aftertaste than saccharin or aspartame, and there were some
decent fruity diet sodas called "Faygo" that used it.

> That's the end of my participation on this matter, but I'll be sure to
> drop in from time to time for a laugh

Don't forget to change your name to this sock puppet when you send the notes,
Rich!

New Blog [email protected] Vegan 0 12-03-2010 05:32 AM
LCB blog day 4 MikeWash General Cooking 1 08-01-2010 10:39 PM
CAN U TELL ME MY BLOG IS AL RIGHT pomi General Cooking 1 29-12-2008 01:23 PM
blog yoga General Cooking 0 26-02-2008 02:07 PM
Blog Dave L Tea 0 04-11-2007 01:13 PM