Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Animals in 35 Romanian Zoos Destined for Slaughter! Help!! Sign Petition

Captive animals in Romania's 35 or more zoos are destined to be killed
as the country's deplorable zoos do not meet EU standards. Some of the
zoos are already closed. The animals are scheduled to die by October,
if they dont starve to death first.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AND HELP SAVE THEM:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/sav...an-zoo-animals

PETITION OVERVIEW:
Daily Mail Article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...s.html?in_arti...

Video (Buhusi Zoo, now closed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo_WF...%2F%2Fwww%2Eth...

PETITION LETTER (What you are signing):
We the undersigned urge the European Parliament to help the zoo
animals in Romania.

While we applaud the EU for having proper animal welfare guidelines,
our plea is to give mercy and compassion to the animals that are now
facing slaughter due to Romania's deplorable zoo conditions that are
unable to meet EU's standards. Surely for a wealthy union of
(supposedly) civilized nations, funds can be allocated to rescue these
poor animals.

This is no longer a problem for Romania alone. When you allowed her to
become a member of the European Union without stipulations, Romania's
problems become the EU's duty to fix as well. From her animal welfare
standards (or lack thereof) to her horrific orphanages, the union must
do everything in its power to help save the lives of the innocent and
helpless of Romania.

We only hope that in the future, candidate countries for EU membership
will have to meet standards setforth by the union PRIOR to being
accepted. Countries like Serbia, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina have
no regard for animal welfare. They also have decrepit zoos and
conduct
state-run-massacres of strays instead of implementing TNR (trap/neuter/
release) and other humane programs. There must be stipulations prior
to EU acceptance to break this vicious cycle of further victimizing
the helpless victims.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the
way its animals are treated." -Mahatma Ghandi.

We only speak for those poor creatures that can not. These animals did
nothing wrong but to be born. They have been subjected to abuse and
neglect all their lives. They deserve to thrive and live in peace; not
punished for the cruelty and ignorance of their captors. PLEASE HELP
THEM!!!

Sincerely, on behalf of the animals,
The undersigned