FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Veganism: From Donald Watson in the first Vegan Society newsletter (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/128298-veganism-donald-watson-first.html)

Steve[_13_] 07-07-2007 04:10 PM

Veganism: From Donald Watson in the first Vegan Society newsletter

This link will take you to a scanned version of the first issue of the
first newsletter of the first Vegan organization ( Vegan Society Of
The UK ) of the first vegans. It is written by Donald Watson, who
along with his wife is credited with inventing the concept of veganism
and coining the word.

Note: Watson's definition, the original one, is not about eating a
vegan diet. "Veganism" is defined as an ethical stance which uses a
diet as a means to an end. A "vegan" is a person who holds certain
ethical views in regards to animals as opposed to someone who "eats
vegan" but does not have the ethical beliefs

Enjoy!:

http://www.ukveggie.com/vegan_news/vegan_news_1.pdf

ladyredlight 09-07-2007 10:01 AM

Veganism: From Donald Watson in the first Vegan Society newsletter

"Steve" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> This link will take you to a scanned version of the first issue of the
> first newsletter of the first Vegan organization ( Vegan Society Of
> The UK ) of the first vegans. It is written by Donald Watson, who
> along with his wife is credited with inventing the concept of veganism
> and coining the word.
>
> Note: Watson's definition, the original one, is not about eating a
> vegan diet. "Veganism" is defined as an ethical stance which uses a
> diet as a means to an end. A "vegan" is a person who holds certain
> ethical views in regards to animals as opposed to someone who "eats
> vegan" but does not have the ethical beliefs
>
> Enjoy!:
>
> http://www.ukveggie.com/vegan_news/vegan_news_1.pdf

Thank you. That was something I did not know. Thank you very much.

ladyredlight, always willing to learn
"Those who live by the sword shall.......be shot in the face."