Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Being Vegan

I have been a vegan since 1987 and think it is the best way to live if
you do your study.Find out what your needs are and how to fulfil those
needs in diet!! Moreover, I find that many here are flesh eaters in the
way they talk and answer others, which I find a shame. I believe that
Vegans should be tolerant of others,their ways and or there diets. What
do you think? I believe Many so called vegans eat more junk food, than
any flesh eater, which give many a bad idea of the vegan lifestyle.
Should we not show the benefits of the vegan lifestyle, rather than put
others down for there choices, even though they might be wrong and show
by action the benefits of being vegan?
Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Colin" > wrote in message
> I have been a vegan since 1987 and think it is the best way to live if
> you do your study.Find out what your needs are and how to fulfil those
> needs in diet!! Moreover, I find that many here are flesh eaters in the
> way they talk and answer others, which I find a shame. I believe that
> Vegans should be tolerant of others,their ways and or there diets. What
> do you think? I believe Many so called vegans eat more junk food, than
> any flesh eater, which give many a bad idea of the vegan lifestyle.
> Should we not show the benefits of the vegan lifestyle, rather than put
> others down for there choices, even though they might be wrong and show
> by action the benefits of being vegan?

Couldn't agree more - and well done! - although I must admit to having a go
back at the trolls from time to time. ;o)

And you're right. Learning about nutrition is vital. Unhealthy Vegans just
give these guys and other opponents ammunition.

I went Vegan for purely ethical reasons around 45 years ago according to the
letter I found accepting me as a member of the Vegan Society. The health
advantages came later.

The most encouraging thing I find is that in those days, Vegetarians were
genuinely considered lunatics and Vegans were beyond the pale, but nowadays
it's completely different. Progress! That's what gives the lie to the anti
stuff that appears on here all too often.

If nothing else, the long-hidden medical evidence against the 'normal'
omnivorous diet has started to get through to people and influenced their
eating habits, and if I happen to mention I'm Vegan, these days people are
interested, often tell me that they eat little red meat or none at all and
go for healthier things like poultry and fish, ask me what I eat, are the
health advantages true, and we often end up swapping recipes.

And unlike our opponents, I don't tell lies or spout propaganda. That's the
quickest way to put people off. If they're worried about nutrition or the
ethical side - treatment of farm animals etc. - I explain things in a
totally genuine and impartial way and stick to facts rather than opinions
unless asked.

And after losing both my parents to Coronary Heart Disease and with this and
stroke rampant in both their families - very large families I must add, few
of which are left - I've recently reached the grand old age of sixty in
pretty good condition - which is more than my poor old dad did. He was a
postman in the days when it was nearly all done on foot so was fit, was not
overweight, didn't drink very much but was a fairly heavy smoker and really
did like his red meat - and fat, to the extent that he used to eat the fat
which me and my mum used to cut off our meat - and he died of a massive
Coronary at the age of 51.

I've had a couple of less major vascular complaints which are under control
and Atrial Fibrillation which was cured by Catheter Ablation Therapy, so I
haven't got away Scot free, but the only major scare I had was chest pain
last year which thankfully turned out to be Oesophageal Spasm (cramp of the
gullet), and the Nuclear Perfusion Scan they did showed that my coronary
arteries are 100% healthy.

Nobody's going to persuade me that diet played no part in this.

Nemo.
Ohhhh! It's really like being in heaven, to retire in 2007!!

PS: If that's your real e-mail address up there, it's not a good idea to
include it. Spammers have software that trawls newsgroups for e-mail
addresses and in the end you can get swamped automatically-sent by e-mail
spam. Put something false in the address with a note for genuine people to
omit it and that'll fool the spammers' systems.

I made that mistake at first and ended up with well over a hundred spam
e-mails a day!

Posted to alt.food.vegan

nemo wrote:
> [...]

> haven't got away Scot free, but the only major scare I had was chest pain
> last year which thankfully turned out to be Oesophageal Spasm (cramp of the
> gullet), and the Nuclear Perfusion Scan they did showed that my coronary
> arteries are 100% healthy.
>
> Nobody's going to persuade me that diet played no part in this.
>
> Nemo.
> Ohhhh! It's really like being in heaven, to retire in 2007!!
>
> PS: If that's your real e-mail address up there, it's not a good idea to
> include it. Spammers have software that trawls newsgroups for e-mail
> addresses and in the end you can get swamped automatically-sent by e-mail
> spam. Put something false in the address with a note for genuine people to
> omit it and that'll fool the spammers' systems.
>
> I made that mistake at first and ended up with well over a hundred spam

Thank you and I agree with all you sentiments, I have always found it
interesting, I have never seen anyone get hooked on Veggies and fruit
esp. uncooked, but that's the way God made us, not to eat His pets!!!
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Colin wrote:

> Thank you and I agree with all you sentiments, I have always found it
> interesting, I have never seen anyone get hooked on Veggies and fruit
> esp. uncooked, but that's the way God made us, not to eat His pets!!!

I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could
eat watermelon until it's coming out my ears.

But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he
made you.

Serene
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Serene-O-Matic wrote:
> Colin wrote:
>
>> Thank you and I agree with all you sentiments, I have always found it
>> interesting, I have never seen anyone get hooked on Veggies and fruit
>> esp. uncooked, but that's the way God made us, not to eat His pets!!!

> I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could eat
> watermelon until it's coming out my ears.
>
> But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he made
> you.
>
> Serene

Hi Serene, you may not think or believe in God but God thinks about you
and loves you!!!! BTW why are you an atheist?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Colin wrote:
> Serene-O-Matic wrote:
>> Colin wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you and I agree with all you sentiments, I have always found it
>>> interesting, I have never seen anyone get hooked on Veggies and fruit
>>> esp. uncooked, but that's the way God made us, not to eat His pets!!!

>> I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could eat
>> watermelon until it's coming out my ears.
>>
>> But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he
>> made you.
>>
>> Serene

> Hi Serene, you may not think or believe in God but God thinks about you
> and loves you!!!! BTW why are you an atheist?

That's off-topic, and I'm new, so I'm not gonna answer that, but
here, have a recipe:

[Note: this was posted by goomba38 on rec.food.cooking, but I make
it a lot, so it's one of my tried-and-trues.]

Serene

* Exported from MasterCook *

Eggless Chocolate Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cakes

1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup water

Sift together flour, cocoa, soda, sugar and salt. Mix in oil and
vinegar and vanilla. Add water and mix well.
Bake in 9 inch greased sqare pan for 30 min at 350 degrees.
Cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top to serve.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Serene-O-Matic wrote:
> Colin wrote:
>> Serene-O-Matic wrote:

>>> I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could eat
>>> watermelon until it's coming out my ears.
>>>
>>> But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he
>>> made you.
>>>
>>> Serene

>> Hi Serene, you may not think or believe in God but God thinks about
>> you and loves you!!!! BTW why are you an atheist?

> That's off-topic, and I'm new, so I'm not gonna answer that, but here,
> have a recipe:
>
> [Note: this was posted by goomba38 on rec.food.cooking, but I make it a
> lot, so it's one of my tried-and-trues.]
>
> Serene
>
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Eggless Chocolate Cake
>
> Recipe By :
> Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : Cakes

> 1 1/2 cups flour
> 3 tablespoons cocoa
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 1 cup sugar
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 5 tablespoons oil
> 1 tablespoon vinegar
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> 1 cup water
>
> Sift together flour, cocoa, soda, sugar and salt. Mix in oil and
> vinegar and vanilla. Add water and mix well.
> Bake in 9 inch greased sqare pan for 30 min at 350 degrees.
> Cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top to serve.

:-) thank you for the recipe but I do not eat,cocoa, baking soda, sugar,
vinegar and minimal of oil
Posted to alt.food.vegan

On 5 Apr, 04:34, Colin > wrote:
> Serene-O-Matic wrote:
> > Colin wrote:

> >> Thank you and I agree with all you sentiments, I have always found it
> >> interesting, I have never seen anyone get hooked on Veggies and fruit
> >> esp. uncooked, but that's the way God made us, not to eat His pets!!!

> > I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could eat
> > watermelon until it's coming out my ears.

> > But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he made
> > you.

> > Serene

> Hi Serene, you may not think or believe in God but God thinks about you
> and loves you!!!! BTW why are you an atheist?

Sorry to jump in un invited, but can you prove that last sentence,
that God thinks about and loves Serene, or was it a throw away
comment, i ask out of polite interest.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Serene-O-Matic" > wrote in message
> Colin wrote:
>
> > Thank you and I agree with all you sentiments, I have always found it
> > interesting, I have never seen anyone get hooked on Veggies and fruit
> > esp. uncooked, but that's the way God made us, not to eat His pets!!!

Nice way of putting it - as the actress said to the Bishop!

> I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could
> eat watermelon until it's coming out my ears.
>
> But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he
> made you.
>
> Serene

Be careful of avocados. They're about the only fruit or veg high in
cholesterol.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Serene-O-Matic" > wrote in message
> Colin wrote:
> > Serene-O-Matic wrote:

> >> I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could eat
> >> watermelon until it's coming out my ears.
> >>
> >> But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he
> >> made you.
> >>
> >> Serene

> > Hi Serene, you may not think or believe in God but God thinks about you
> > and loves you!!!! BTW why are you an atheist?

> That's off-topic, and I'm new, so I'm not gonna answer that, but
> here, have a recipe:
>
> [Note: this was posted by goomba38 on rec.food.cooking, but I make
> it a lot, so it's one of my tried-and-trues.]
>
> Serene
>
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Eggless Chocolate Cake
>
> Recipe By :
> Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : Cakes

> 1 1/2 cups flour
> 3 tablespoons cocoa
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 1 cup sugar
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 5 tablespoons oil
> 1 tablespoon vinegar
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> 1 cup water
>
> Sift together flour, cocoa, soda, sugar and salt. Mix in oil and
> vinegar and vanilla. Add water and mix well.
> Bake in 9 inch greased sqare pan for 30 min at 350 degrees.
> Cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top to serve.

Soya flour is a good way of making up for the protein that's in no eggs.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

cg wrote:
> On 5 Apr, 04:34, Colin > wrote:
>> Serene-O-Matic wrote:
>>> I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could eat
>>> watermelon until it's coming out my ears.
>>> But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he made
>>> you.
>>> Serene

>> Hi Serene, you may not think or believe in God but God thinks about you
>> and loves you!!!! BTW why are you an atheist?

> Sorry to jump in un invited, but can you prove that last sentence,
> that God thinks about and loves Serene, or was it a throw away
> comment, i ask out of polite interest.

I believe these verses include all people, because Christ died and lived
for all!!!!
in John 3:16 it says
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and
only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by
believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life.

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by
Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being
predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things
after the counsel of his own will:

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be
conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among
many brethren.
Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called:
and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them
he also glorified.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

nemo wrote:
> "Serene-O-Matic" > wrote in message

>> * Exported from MasterCook *
>>
>> Eggless Chocolate Cake

<snip>

> Soya flour is a good way of making up for the protein that's in no eggs.

It's a cake. Not everything has to supply a ton of protein. Have a
little fun once in a while. ;-)

Serene
Posted to alt.food.vegan

nemo wrote:

> Be careful of avocados. They're about the only fruit or veg high in
> cholesterol.

There is no cholesterol in avocados (or any other plant food). See
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ (search on avocado) if
you don't believe me. What they do have is more saturated fat than
most plant foods, which some studies say contributes to higher
cholesterol in people who consume a lot of it.

Serene
Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Serene-O-Matic" > wrote in message
> nemo wrote:
> > "Serene-O-Matic" > wrote in message

> >> * Exported from MasterCook *
> >>
> >> Eggless Chocolate Cake

> <snip>
>

> > Soya flour is a good way of making up for the protein that's in no eggs.

> It's a cake. Not everything has to supply a ton of protein. Have a
> little fun once in a while. ;-)

OK. Leave out the flour as well then! P

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Serene-O-Matic" > wrote in message
> nemo wrote:
>
> > Be careful of avocados. They're about the only fruit or veg high in
> > cholesterol.

> There is no cholesterol in avocados (or any other plant food). See
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ (search on avocado) if
> you don't believe me. What they do have is more saturated fat than
> most plant foods, which some studies say contributes to higher
> cholesterol in people who consume a lot of it.

So they could still be harmful then?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

nemo wrote:
> "Serene-O-Matic" > wrote in message
>> nemo wrote:
>>
>>> Be careful of avocados. They're about the only fruit or veg high in
>>> cholesterol.

>> There is no cholesterol in avocados (or any other plant food). See
>> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ (search on avocado) if
>> you don't believe me. What they do have is more saturated fat than
>> most plant foods, which some studies say contributes to higher
>> cholesterol in people who consume a lot of it.
>>

> So they could still be harmful then?

Anything can be harmful in large enough quantities. It's a fresh,
whole fruit, though, with far less fat than many, many foods one
could be eating. Certainly avoid them if you like; me, I love them,
and when they're in season, I eat them fairly frequently.

Serene
Posted to alt.food.vegan

nemo wrote:
> "Serene-O-Matic" > wrote in message
>> Colin wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you and I agree with all you sentiments, I have always found it
>>> interesting, I have never seen anyone get hooked on Veggies and fruit
>>> esp. uncooked, but that's the way God made us, not to eat His pets!!!

> Nice way of putting it - as the actress said to the Bishop!
>> I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could
>> eat watermelon until it's coming out my ears.
>>
>> But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he
>> made you.
>>
>> Serene

> Be careful of avocados. They're about the only fruit or veg high in
> cholesterol.

Cholesterol is found in animals, ****tard, not in plants. Two fruits are
high in fat: avocados and olives. Neither is deleterious for your health
unless consumed in excess (which goes for anything). This is why
mindless vegans like you should be avoided for dietary and health
information.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Colin wrote:
> Serene-O-Matic wrote:
>> Colin wrote:

>>> Hi Serene, you may not think or believe in God but God thinks about
>>> you and loves you!!!! BTW why are you an atheist?

>> That's off-topic, and I'm new, so I'm not gonna answer that, but here,
>> have a recipe:
>>
>> [Note: this was posted by goomba38 on rec.food.cooking, but I make it
>> a lot, so it's one of my tried-and-trues.]
>>
>> Serene
>>
>> * Exported from MasterCook *
>>
>> Eggless Chocolate Cake
>>
>> Recipe By :
>> Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00
>> Categories : Cakes
>>
>> Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
>> -------- ------------ --------------------------------
>> 1 1/2 cups flour
>> 3 tablespoons cocoa
>> 1 teaspoon baking soda
>> 1 cup sugar
>> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>> 5 tablespoons oil
>> 1 tablespoon vinegar
>> 1 teaspoon vanilla
>> 1 cup water
>>
>> Sift together flour, cocoa, soda, sugar and salt. Mix in oil and
>> vinegar and vanilla. Add water and mix well.
>> Bake in 9 inch greased sqare pan for 30 min at 350 degrees.
>> Cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top to serve.
>>

> :-) thank you for the recipe but I do not eat,cocoa, baking soda, sugar,
> vinegar and minimal of oil

Maybe you should give it a go sometime anyway.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Colin wrote:
> Serene-O-Matic wrote:
>> Colin wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you and I agree with all you sentiments, I have always found it
>>> interesting, I have never seen anyone get hooked on Veggies and fruit
>>> esp. uncooked, but that's the way God made us, not to eat His pets!!!

>> I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could eat
>> watermelon until it's coming out my ears.
>>
>> But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he
>> made you.
>>
>> Serene

> Hi Serene, you may not think or believe in God but God thinks about you
> and loves you!!!! BTW why are you an atheist?

Probably because of people like you.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

nemo wrote:
> "Colin" > wrote in message
>> I have been a vegan since 1987 and think it is the best way to live if
>> you do your study.Find out what your needs are and how to fulfil those
>> needs in diet!! Moreover, I find that many here are flesh eaters in the
>> way they talk and answer others, which I find a shame. I believe that
>> Vegans should be tolerant of others,their ways and or there diets. What
>> do you think? I believe Many so called vegans eat more junk food, than
>> any flesh eater, which give many a bad idea of the vegan lifestyle.
>> Should we not show the benefits of the vegan lifestyle, rather than put
>> others down for there choices, even though they might be wrong and show
>> by action the benefits of being vegan?

> Couldn't agree more - and well done! - although I must admit to having a go
> back at the trolls from time to time. ;o)
>
> And you're right. Learning about nutrition is vital. Unhealthy Vegans just
> give these guys and other opponents ammunition.
>
> I went Vegan for purely ethical reasons around 45 years ago

I've been Vegan for over 30 years...
-- 21 Mar 2002 (http://tinyurl.com/25ulyl)

...over 35 years of being Vegan...
-- 12 May 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2wtzt2)

I went Veggie when I was about 16 and Vegan at about 20. That
was 36 years ago.
-- 10 Jun 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2qazf9)

When I became veggie in 1962.... 35 years a Vegan...
-- 8 Nov 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/33lj3v)

I've been Vegan for nearly 41 years now...
-- 20 Jun 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/28qfdg)

Been Vegan for around 45 years! ))))))
-- 27 Dec 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/3debw7)

...a Vegan of 37 years standing, sitting and lying down...
-- 25 Jul 2005 (http://tinyurl.com/2tkh75)

I've been Vegan for nearly 50 years. When I started eveyone
except teh few Vegans I knew said I'd die! Actually, I'm still
doing
very well on it. That's no fallacy!
-- 8 Jan 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/2cupsf)

SUMMARY...
YEAR
of
POST YEARS CLAIMED VEGAN BY "NEMO"
-------------------------------------
2002 30+
2003 35+, 36, 35
2005 37
2006 50, 41, 45
2007 45

> according to the
> letter I found accepting me as a member of the Vegan Society. The health
> advantages came later.

The health advantages that have you taking medication? That had your
physician bitching at you to walk more? That made you weigh three stone
more than you should?

> The most encouraging thing I find is that in those days, Vegetarians were
> genuinely considered lunatics and Vegans were beyond the pale,

Still are.

> If nothing else, the long-hidden medical evidence against the 'normal'
> omnivorous diet

Omnivorous diets can be more healthful than extreme vegetarian diets.

Like warning other vegan ******* off avocados because of cholesterol! Haha!

> And after losing both my parents to Coronary Heart Disease

Your genetics and activities (i.e., smoking or exercise) are the biggest
markers for your own health future, not what you eat. Your father most
likely died young because he smoked heavily.

> I've had a couple of less major vascular complaints which are under control
> and Atrial Fibrillation which was cured by Catheter Ablation Therapy, so I
> haven't got away Scot free, but the only major scare I had was chest pain
> last year which thankfully turned out to be Oesophageal Spasm (cramp of the
> gullet), and the Nuclear Perfusion Scan they did showed that my coronary
> arteries are 100% healthy.
>
> Nobody's going to persuade me that diet played no part in this.

Because you're an irrational **** who won't be bothered by facts.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

chico wrote:
> nemo wrote:

>> Nice way of putting it - as the actress said to the Bishop!
>>> I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could
>>> eat watermelon until it's coming out my ears.
>>>
>>> But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he
>>> made you.
>>>
>>> Serene

>> Be careful of avocados. They're about the only fruit or veg high in
>> cholesterol.

> Cholesterol is found in animals, ****tard, not in plants. Two fruits are
> high in fat: avocados and olives. Neither is deleterious for your health
> unless consumed in excess (which goes for anything). This is why
> mindless vegans like you should be avoided for dietary and health
> information.

But the body also makes its own cholesterol
Posted to alt.food.vegan

niloch wrote:
> chico wrote:
>> nemo wrote:

>>> Nice way of putting it - as the actress said to the Bishop!

>>> Be careful of avocados. They're about the only fruit or veg high in
>>> cholesterol.

>> Cholesterol is found in animals, ****tard, not in plants. Two fruits are
>> high in fat: avocados and olives. Neither is deleterious for your health
>> unless consumed in excess (which goes for anything). This is why
>> mindless vegans like you should be avoided for dietary and health
>> information.

> But the body also makes its own cholesterol

Bingo, and that has a much greater affect on serum levels -- especially
as it relates to factors like heredity, saturated fat consumption, etc.
-- than dietary cholesterol itself does. All the more reason to avoid
vegan propaganda; turn to science instead of activism.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Apr 5, 3:24 pm, "nemo" > wrote:
> "Serene-O-Matic" > wrote in message

> > Colin wrote:

> > > Thank you and I agree with all you sentiments, I have always found it
> > > interesting, I have never seen anyone get hooked on Veggies and fruit
> > > esp. uncooked, but that's the way God made us, not to eat His pets!!!

> Nice way of putting it - as the actress said to the Bishop!
>

> > I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could
> > eat watermelon until it's coming out my ears.

> > But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he
> > made you.

> > Serene

> Be careful of avocados. They're about the only fruit or veg high in
> cholesterol.

Hello! You are wrong about avocados. They have zero cholesterol! A
vegan diet is 100% free of cholesterol! Enjoy your long life, granted
you're not hit by a bus.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

ramson wrote:
> On Apr 5, 3:24 pm, "nemo" > wrote:

>> Nice way of putting it - as the actress said to the Bishop!
>>

>>> I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could
>>> eat watermelon until it's coming out my ears.
>>> But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he
>>> made you.
>>> Serene

>> Be careful of avocados. They're about the only fruit or veg high in
>> cholesterol.

> Hello! You are wrong about avocados. They have zero cholesterol! A
> vegan diet is 100% free of cholesterol! Enjoy your long life, granted
> you're not hit by a bus.

Serum cholesterol levels aren't directly affected by dietary
cholesterol. Dietary factors that relate much more directly include
saturated fats, including hydrogenated vegetable oils. The latter can
and does affect vegans. So does the issue of genetics. Most of the
cholesterol in your body -- you DO have cholesterol in your bloodstream,
whether you eat animal parts or not -- is the product of your own liver,
and the greatest cause of hypercholesterolemia is genetic in origin.

So don't trivialize the issue or suggest that vegans are exempt from the
effects of high cholesterol. That's a deadly error:
---------------
And cholesterol in food? Although it is still important to limit the
amount of cholesterol you eat, especially if you have diabetes, dietary
cholesterol isn't nearly the villain it's been portrayed to be.
Cholesterol in the bloodstream is what's most important. High blood
cholesterol levels greatly increase the risk for heart disease. But the
average person makes about 75% of blood cholesterol in his or her liver,
while only about 25% is absorbed from food. The biggest influence on
blood cholesterol level is the mix of fats in the diet.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fats.html
---------------
While part of the circulating cholesterol originates from diet, and
restricting cholesterol intake may reduce blood cholesterol levels,
there are various other links between the dietary pattern and
cholesterol levels. The American Heart Association also compiles a list
of the acceptable/unacceptable foods for those who are diagnosed with
hypercholesterolemia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercholesterolemia
---------------
Etc.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:12:01 +1000, Colin wrote:

> I have been a vegan since 1987 and think it is the best way to live if
> you do your study.Find out what your needs are and how to fulfil those
> needs in diet!! Moreover, I find that many here are flesh eaters in the
> way they talk and answer others, which I find a shame.

> I believe that Vegans should be tolerant of others,their ways and or
> there diets. What do you think?

Do you not see the contradiction in that last statement, in relation to
the preceeding statement?

> I believe Many so called vegans eat more junk food, than any flesh eater
> , which give many a bad idea of the vegan lifestyle.
> Should we not show the benefits of the vegan lifestyle, rather than put
> others down for there choices, even though they might be wrong and show
> by action the benefits of being vegan?

Hmm, I see.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 11:52:56 -0500, chico wrote:

> nemo wrote:

>> Nice way of putting it - as the actress said to the Bishop!
>>> I'm completely addicted to raw fruit, including avocados. I could
>>> eat watermelon until it's coming out my ears.
>>>
>>> But then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe God didn't make me like he
>>> made you.
>>>
>>> Serene

>> Be careful of avocados. They're about the only fruit or veg high in
>> cholesterol.

> Cholesterol is found in animals, ****tard, not in plants. Two fruits are
> high in fat: avocados and olives. Neither is deleterious for your health
> unless consumed in excess (which goes for anything). This is why
> mindless vegans like you should be avoided for dietary and health
> information.

I'm new to this group, but quickly going through the posts here my
impression is that nemo is doing some shit-stirring... I mean, nobody is
that stupid, surely?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Jeßus wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:12:01 +1000, Colin wrote:
>
>> I have been a vegan since 1987 and think it is the best way to live if
>> you do your study.Find out what your needs are and how to fulfil those
>> needs in diet!! Moreover, I find that many here are flesh eaters in the
>> way they talk and answer others, which I find a shame.

>> I believe that Vegans should be tolerant of others,their ways and or
>> there diets. What do you think?

> Do you not see the contradiction in that last statement, in relation to
> the preceeding statement?
>
>> I believe Many so called vegans eat more junk food, than any flesh eater
>> , which give many a bad idea of the vegan lifestyle.
>> Should we not show the benefits of the vegan lifestyle, rather than put
>> others down for there choices, even though they might be wrong and show
>> by action the benefits of being vegan?

> Hmm, I see.

Hi Jeßus, there is no contradiction, what I believe does not make it
gospel for others. I do try not to force what I believe on overs, even
if my way is correct, it gives me no right to put others ideas down!!!!
My 2 cents worth

BTW flesh eaters is not literal but symbolically speaking
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Jeßus wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 11:52:56 -0500, chico wrote:
>
>> nemo wrote:

>>> Nice way of putting it - as the actress said to the Bishop!

>>> Be careful of avocados. They're about the only fruit or veg high in
>>> cholesterol.

>> Cholesterol is found in animals, ****tard, not in plants. Two fruits are
>> high in fat: avocados and olives. Neither is deleterious for your health
>> unless consumed in excess (which goes for anything). This is why
>> mindless vegans like you should be avoided for dietary and health
>> information.

> I'm new to this group, but quickly going through the posts here my
> impression is that nemo is doing some shit-stirring... I mean, nobody is
> that stupid, surely?

Uh huh, he is. He's also either a reflexive liar or so malnourished he
can't figure out how long he's been a "vegan."

[...]

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:56:19 +1000, Colin wrote:

> Jeßus wrote:
>> On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:12:01 +1000, Colin wrote:
>>
>>> I have been a vegan since 1987 and think it is the best way to live if
>>> you do your study.Find out what your needs are and how to fulfil those
>>> needs in diet!! Moreover, I find that many here are flesh eaters in the
>>> way they talk and answer others, which I find a shame.

>>> I believe that Vegans should be tolerant of others,their ways and or
>>> there diets. What do you think?

>> Do you not see the contradiction in that last statement, in relation to
>> the preceeding statement?
>>
>>> I believe Many so called vegans eat more junk food, than any flesh eater
>>> , which give many a bad idea of the vegan lifestyle.
>>> Should we not show the benefits of the vegan lifestyle, rather than put
>>> others down for there choices, even though they might be wrong and show
>>> by action the benefits of being vegan?

>> Hmm, I see.
>>

> Hi Jeßus, there is no contradiction, what I believe does not make it
> gospel for others. I do try not to force what I believe on overs, even
> if my way is correct, it gives me no right to put others ideas down!!!!
> My 2 cents worth
>
> BTW flesh eaters is not literal but symbolically speaking

IMO 'flesh eaters' is a deorgatory term, or at least has negative
connotations in the way you've used it... let's be honest here. You also
go on to say "find that many here are flesh eaters in the way they talk
and answer others, which I find a shame". As you say, let's be more
tolerant of others and their ways, or at least a bit more honest with
ourselves