Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default No more work for Nemo!!!!!! OT

What a blessed reliefffffffffffffffffffffffff!

Just arrived back with aching feets from the Job Centre/Unemployment Office
(it's around 2 miles away) after signing off Job Squeakers' Allowance (Dole)
for good and onto Pension Credit - the government's marvellous new way of
getting unemployable old farts like me off the unemployment statistics -
which consists of twice as much per week as the Dole plus full Housing and
Council Tax Benefits - and with ***no compulsion to look for work anymore!!
(v.b.)

Good, innit?!!! - AND I also get the old fogey's official badge of honour: a
free bus and London Underground/Docklands Light Railway pass, AND a winter
fuel supplement of, I believe, around £200. These last two used only to be
available to men over 65!

I don't often find anything nice to say about our damned government but in
spite of their rather obvious ulterior motive, for once I can compliment
them on being quite generous!!

I have also just had the very great pleasure removing all but a very few
essential pieces of the job-seeking stuff from my PC and the associated
paperwork from my flies - I mean my files. There ain't room in there! ;o) -
and un-subscribing from the jobs bulletins from all the various agencies I
*was* with - most of which have proved pretty-well useless!

For: "We regret to inform you that your experience and skills are
insufficient for the post in question," read, "You're 59!!! Sod off old
fart!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhh!

Happy days are here again,
Nemo's time is all his own again,
No more work to make him groan again!
Happy days are here again!

Trials and troubles are gone!
There's no more damned signing on!!!! Ohhhhhh . . .

Happy days are here again,
The right-wing sods can-be-jealous-again,
But no-way-can-they call me a scrounger again! ***
Happy days are here again!

Oi!

Aardvark never did anyone any harm?? Go ask an ant!

Ohhhh! It's really like being in heaven, to retire in 2007!!

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default No more work for ambitionless dole scrounger Nemo!!!!!! OT

dole scrounging wastrel nemo wrote:

> What a blessed reliefffffffffffffffffffffffff!

Maybe your country should completely open its borders to people with
more ambition to support native dole scroungers like you. How many West
Indies and Pakistani immigrants does it take to support an ambitionless
lard ass like you anyway?

> Just arrived back with aching feets from the Job Centre/Unemployment
> Office (it's around 2 miles away)

Two miles isn't far, fatso.

> after signing off Job Squeakers'
> Allowance (Dole) for good and onto Pension Credit - the government's
> marvellous new way of getting unemployable old farts

IOW, just a different dole but dole nonetheless. At least you admit that
your a ne'er-do-well who managed to fill his addled mind with nonsense
about "veganism" and **** all about anything that would be useful to
the world.

> like me off the
> unemployment statistics - which consists of twice as much per week as
> the Dole plus full Housing and Council Tax Benefits - and with ***no
> compulsion to look for work anymore!! (v.b.)

You seem quite proud of your lack of initiative, lack of ambition, lack
of drive, and even your lack of job skills.

> Good, innit?!!! -

No. I think it shows what a marginal waste of space you are. You're
nothing but a beggar. That your government offers you hand-outs doesn't
change that fact.

> AND I also get the old fogey's official badge of
> honour: a free bus and London Underground/Docklands Light Railway
> pass, AND a winter fuel supplement of, I believe, around £200.

Those are things people who actually earn their way probably take for
granted. Nevermind the fact that the government robs them to give you
the very things they've earned. Why are you so proud of being a leech
on society -- someone who contributes nothing and is dependent on
charity (your beggar status isn't changed by the fact that it's the
government rather than the church or OxFam or any other group)?

> These last two used only to be available to men over 65!

And there are pensioners that age and older who have enough dignity to
refuse dole.

> I don't often find anything nice to say about our damned government
> but in spite of their rather obvious ulterior motive, for once I can
> compliment them on being quite generous!!

I wish more taxpayers could read your post so they'd write their MPs to
object to how the money they earned is spent.

> I have also just had the very great pleasure removing all but a very
> few essential pieces of the job-seeking stuff from my PC and the
> associated
> paperwork from my flies - I mean my files. There ain't room in there!

From what I've gathered from reading your posts the last few years,
there wasn't much to your CV anyway. It's not like you ever held
meaningful employment, much less had anything approaching an actual
work ethic.

> ;o) - and un-subscribing from the jobs bulletins from all the various
> agencies I *was* with - most of which have proved pretty-well useless!

Did you expect them to polish a turd and present it as a piece of gold
to a potential employer? There are people who go to the UK without
speaking a word of English who are able to do more in a few months what
you've done in your whole life. You should be ashamed that your
government takes so much from them -- from real providers -- and gives
it to do-nothing fat arses like you.

> For: "We regret to inform you that your experience and skills are
> insufficient for the post in question," read, "You're 59!!! Sod off
> old fart!!!!

Insufficient doesn't mean old fart. It means they have no use for a
wastrel who brings nothing of substance to their table. There are many
people your age and older able to find meaningful jobs -- people who
still have ambition, not to mention marketable skills.

> Ohhhh! It's really like being in heaven, to retire in 2007!!

It isn't retirement, dole scrounger. Don't get too comfortable. The
government could come to its senses and slash your dole before you're
actually old enough to retire, ambitionless liar.

I aggregated the different bonafides you've offered for your veganism,
and you yourself thereby establish your own lack of credibility -- even
when claiming "that's no fallacy":
I've been Vegan for over 30 years...
-- 21 Mar 2002 (http://tinyurl.com/25ulyl)

...over 35 years of being Vegan...
-- 12 May 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2wtzt2)

I went Veggie when I was about 16 and Vegan at about 20. That
was 36 years ago.
-- 10 Jun 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2qazf9)

When I became veggie in 1962.... 35 years a Vegan...
-- 8 Nov 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/33lj3v)

I've been Vegan for nearly 41 years now...
-- 20 Jun 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/28qfdg)

Been Vegan for around 45 years! ))))))
-- 27 Dec 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/3debw7)

...a Vegan of 37 years standing, sitting and lying down...
-- 25 Jul 2005 (http://tinyurl.com/2tkh75)

I've been Vegan for nearly 50 years. When I started eveyone
except teh few Vegans I knew said I'd die! Actually, I'm still
doing
very well on it. That's no fallacy!
-- 8 Jan 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/2cupsf)

SUMMARY...
YEAR
of
POST YEARS CLAIMED VEGAN BY "NEMO"
-------------------------------------
2002 30+
2003 35+, 36, 35
2005 37
2006 50, 41, 45
2007 45
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Chico- get a life -
Michael
"chico" > wrote in message
> [...]

> when claiming "that's no fallacy":
> I've been Vegan for over 30 years...
> -- 21 Mar 2002 (http://tinyurl.com/25ulyl)
>
> ...over 35 years of being Vegan...
> -- 12 May 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2wtzt2)
>
> I went Veggie when I was about 16 and Vegan at about 20. That
> was 36 years ago.
> -- 10 Jun 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2qazf9)
>
> When I became veggie in 1962.... 35 years a Vegan...
> -- 8 Nov 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/33lj3v)
>
> I've been Vegan for nearly 41 years now...
> -- 20 Jun 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/28qfdg)
>
> Been Vegan for around 45 years! ))))))
> -- 27 Dec 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/3debw7)
>
> ...a Vegan of 37 years standing, sitting and lying down...
> -- 25 Jul 2005 (http://tinyurl.com/2tkh75)
>
> I've been Vegan for nearly 50 years. When I started eveyone
> except teh few Vegans I knew said I'd die! Actually, I'm still

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"chico" > wrote in message
> dole scrounging wastrel nemo wrote:
>
> > What a blessed reliefffffffffffffffffffffffff!

> Maybe your country should completely open its borders to people with
> more ambition to support native dole scroungers like you. How many West
> Indies and Pakistani immigrants does it take to support an ambitionless
> lard ass like you anyway?
>
> > Just arrived back with aching feets from the Job Centre/Unemployment
> > Office (it's around 2 miles away)

> Two miles isn't far, fatso.

Four miles round trip, but it was such a nice sunny day I returned via the
perimeter of the park and then did some shopping.

And anyway - stop being silly! You just can't stand a person having a bit of
good fortune! That's all it is! I pity you!

<remainder of bigoted fascist tome snipped>

Posted to alt.food.vegan

M.Balarama wrote:

> Chico- get a life -

I have one, "nemo" doesn't. Why do you condone his sloth and his blatant
deceit about how long he's been a vegan, Michael?

> [...]

>> credibility -- even when claiming "that's no fallacy":
>> I've been Vegan for over 30 years...
>> -- 21 Mar 2002 (http://tinyurl.com/25ulyl)
>>
>> ...over 35 years of being Vegan...
>> -- 12 May 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2wtzt2)
>>
>> I went Veggie when I was about 16 and Vegan at about 20. That
>> was 36 years ago.
>> -- 10 Jun 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2qazf9)
>>
>> When I became veggie in 1962.... 35 years a Vegan...
>> -- 8 Nov 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/33lj3v)
>>
>> I've been Vegan for nearly 41 years now...
>> -- 20 Jun 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/28qfdg)
>>
>> Been Vegan for around 45 years! ))))))
>> -- 27 Dec 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/3debw7)
>>
>> ...a Vegan of 37 years standing, sitting and lying down...
>> -- 25 Jul 2005 (http://tinyurl.com/2tkh75)
>>
>> I've been Vegan for nearly 50 years. When I started eveyone
>> except teh few Vegans I knew said I'd die! Actually, I'm still

Posted to alt.food.vegan

dole-scrounger nemo wrote:

> "chico" > wrote in message
>> dole scrounging wastrel nemo wrote:
>>
>> > What a blessed reliefffffffffffffffffffffffff!

>> Maybe your country should completely open its borders to people with
>> more ambition to support native dole scroungers like you. How many
>> West Indies and Pakistani immigrants does it take to support an
>> ambitionless lard ass like you anyway?
>>
>> > Just arrived back with aching feets from the Job
>> > Centre/Unemployment Office (it's around 2 miles away)

>> Two miles isn't far, fatso.

> Four miles round trip, but it was such a nice sunny day I returned via
> the perimeter of the park and then did some shopping.
>
> And anyway - stop being silly! You just can't stand a person having a
> bit of good fortune!

Fortune is something earned. You've earned nothing.

> That's all it is! I pity you!

Not nearly as much as I pity you, deceitful deadbeat.

> <remainder of bigoted fascist tome snipped>

It's neither bigoted nor fascist to point out your disgusting sloth and
your repeated lies.

[...]

Posted to alt.food.vegan

A male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask
over his mouth and nose, still heavily sedated from a difficult four
hour, surgical procedure. A young, student nurse appears to give him a
partial sponge bath.
"Nurse", he mumbles, from behind the mask. "Are my testicles black?"
Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to
wash your upper body and feet.
" He struggles to ask again, "Nurse, are my testicles black?"
Concerned that he may elevate his vitals from worry about his testicles, she
overcomes her embarrassment and sheepishly pulls back the covers. She raises
his gown, holds his penis in one hand and his testicles in the
other, lifting and moving them around. Then, she takes a close look and
says, "There's nothing wrong with
them, Sir."
The man pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her and says very slowly,
"Thank you very much. That was wonderful, but, listen very, very
closely.........A r e - m y - t e s t - r e s u l t s - b a c k?"
"nemo" > wrote in message
. uk...

> "chico" > wrote in message
>> dole scrounging wastrel nemo wrote:
>>
>> > What a blessed reliefffffffffffffffffffffffff!

>> Maybe your country should completely open its borders to people with
>> more ambition to support native dole scroungers like you. How many West
>> Indies and Pakistani immigrants does it take to support an ambitionless
>> lard ass like you anyway?
>>
>> > Just arrived back with aching feets from the Job Centre/Unemployment
>> > Office (it's around 2 miles away)

>> Two miles isn't far, fatso.

> Four miles round trip, but it was such a nice sunny day I returned via the
> perimeter of the park and then did some shopping.
>
> And anyway - stop being silly! You just can't stand a person having a bit
> of
> good fortune! That's all it is! I pity you!
>
> <remainder of bigoted fascist tome snipped>

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"M.Balarama" > wrote in message
news
> A male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask
> over his mouth and nose, still heavily sedated from a difficult four
> hour, surgical procedure. A young, student nurse appears to give him a
> partial sponge bath.
> "Nurse", he mumbles, from behind the mask. "Are my testicles black?"
> Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to
> wash your upper body and feet.
> " He struggles to ask again, "Nurse, are my testicles black?"
> Concerned that he may elevate his vitals from worry about his testicles,

she
> overcomes her embarrassment and sheepishly pulls back the covers. She

raises
> his gown, holds his penis in one hand and his testicles in the
> other, lifting and moving them around. Then, she takes a close look and
> says, "There's nothing wrong with
> them, Sir."
> The man pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her and says very slowly,
> "Thank you very much. That was wonderful, but, listen very, very
> closely.........A r e - m y - t e s t - r e s u l t s - b a c k?"

LOL!!!!! Very good.

> "nemo" > wrote in message
> . uk...

> >> Maybe your country should completely open its borders to people with
> >> more ambition to support native dole scroungers like you. How many West
> >> Indies and Pakistani immigrants does it take to support an ambitionless
> >> lard ass like you anyway?

> >> Two miles isn't far, fatso.

> > Four miles round trip, but it was such a nice sunny day I returned via

the
> > perimeter of the park and then did some shopping.
> >
> > And anyway - stop being silly! You just can't stand a person having a

bit
> > of
> > good fortune! That's all it is! I pity you!
> >
> > <remainder of bigoted fascist tome snipped>

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default No more work - Official now!

I'm sixty today so no compulsion to look for work anymore and no threat of
losing benefits - so even though all that 'sponger' rubbish was false, it's
too late to moan now anyway, innit?!!!!

And the lump (ouch!) sum from my Civil Service pension arrived in my bank
account last night dead on time as well.

Happy birfday too meeee.
I'm all happy you seeeee!
No more getting up in the morning -
No more damnéd commuting -
No more maniac bosses -
No more noisy workplaces -
No more damned harmful solvents!**
No more damned signing on!
All those damned days are gohh-on!
Twice the Dole dosh to live on,
Bus and Tube pass to travel on,
The business suit's gone in the bin!
Cash to buy a new raiment -
A nice Harris Tweed jacket!
A winter fuel payment
That's why I'm so happy -
Happy birfday too meeee!!

(**1.1.1. Trichlorethane. Used to clean surplus adhesive off Piezo crystals
with it)

Posted to alt.food.vegan

We are about the same age-I am almost 58.. semi-retired live off retirement
stuff and investments... good for you--it is nice to retire with a few bucks
and still have your health-it pays to be vegan/vegetarian....nomo work for
nemo...
Michael in Dallas Texas
"nemo" > wrote in message
.uk...
> I'm sixty today

so no compulsion to look for work anymore and no threat of
> losing benefits - so even though all that 'sponger' rubbish was false,
> it's
> too late to moan now anyway, innit?!!!!
>
> And the lump (ouch!) sum from my Civil Service pension arrived in my bank
> account last night dead on time as well.
>
> Happy birfday too meeee.
> I'm all happy you seeeee!
> No more getting up in the morning -
> No more damnéd commuting -
> No more maniac bosses -
> No more noisy workplaces -
> No more damned harmful solvents!**
> No more damned signing on!
> All those damned days are gohh-on!
> Twice the Dole dosh to live on,
> Bus and Tube pass to travel on,
> The business suit's gone in the bin!
> Cash to buy a new raiment -
> A nice Harris Tweed jacket!
> A winter fuel payment
> That's why I'm so happy -
> Happy birfday too meeee!!
>
> (**1.1.1. Trichlorethane. Used to clean surplus adhesive off Piezo
> crystals
> with it)

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 01:34:10 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:

>I'm sixty today so no compulsion to look for work anymore and no threat of
>losing benefits - so even though all that 'sponger' rubbish was false, it's
>too late to moan now anyway, innit?!!!!
>
>And the lump (ouch!) sum from my Civil Service pension arrived in my bank
>account last night dead on time as well.
>
>Happy birfday too meeee.
>I'm all happy you seeeee!
>No more getting up in the morning -
>No more damnéd commuting -
>No more maniac bosses -
>No more noisy workplaces -
>No more damned harmful solvents!**
>No more damned signing on!
>All those damned days are gohh-on!
>Twice the Dole dosh to live on,
>Bus and Tube pass to travel on,
>The business suit's gone in the bin!
>Cash to buy a new raiment -
>A nice Harris Tweed jacket!
>A winter fuel payment
>That's why I'm so happy -
>Happy birfday too meeee!!

Congratulations on your retirement, old girl. I hope you have a long, long one!
Posted to alt.food.vegan

M.Balarama wrote:

> We are about the same age-I am almost 58.. semi-retired live off
> retirement stuff and investments...

IOW, stuff you and Shari have earned. This ambitionless putz "nemo" is
scrounging off the welfare state.

> good for you--it is nice to retire
> with a few bucks

A few bucks earned by taxpayers, not by himself.

> and still have your health-it pays to be
> vegan/vegetarian

This is one of the most ridiculous things you've ever said. His wealth
-- taken by the State from the working class and given to people in the
beggar class -- has nothing to do with his choice of diet (in fact,
look at his past posts about his health and you'll see his diet isn't
exactly beneficial; he requires medication and prodding from his doctor
to get off his lazy arse). It has to do with his lack of desire to work
for a living or to better himself. You really shouldn't be
congratulating him for that.

> ....nomo work for nemo...
> Michael in Dallas Texas
> "nemo" > wrote in message
> .uk...
>> I'm sixty today

> so no compulsion to look for work anymore and no threat of
>> losing benefits - so even though all that 'sponger' rubbish was
>> false, it's
>> too late to moan now anyway, innit?!!!!
>>
>> And the lump (ouch!) sum from my Civil Service pension arrived in my
>> bank account last night dead on time as well.
>>
>> Happy birfday too meeee.
>> I'm all happy you seeeee!
>> No more getting up in the morning -
>> No more damnéd commuting -
>> No more maniac bosses -
>> No more noisy workplaces -
>> No more damned harmful solvents!**
>> No more damned signing on!
>> All those damned days are gohh-on!
>> Twice the Dole dosh to live on,
>> Bus and Tube pass to travel on,
>> The business suit's gone in the bin!
>> Cash to buy a new raiment -
>> A nice Harris Tweed jacket!
>> A winter fuel payment
>> That's why I'm so happy -
>> Happy birfday too meeee!!
>>
>> (**1.1.1. Trichlorethane. Used to clean surplus adhesive off Piezo
>> crystals
>> with it)

Posted to alt.food.vegan

nemo wrote:

> I'm sixty today so no compulsion to look for work anymore and no
> threat of losing benefits

Slacker. Wastoid.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Thanks.

It's still sinking in actually. At first I was quite euphoric about it -
especially on my way home from my very last visit to the Job Centre *two
miles* or so away! - but now I'm beginning to forget sometimes and find
myself worrying about doing my own thing when I should be working or staying
up late as if I still have to get up early, but I'm told that'll soon pass.
You can't ditch a lifetime's conditioning overnight.

BTW. That solvent was made illegal in 1997. That's why Tipp-Ex correction
fluid changed its smell and disappointed all the little hooligans who used
to sniff it!

I'd been using the stuff for a good few years by then and, surprise
surprise, the only medical problem I might still have left is a very small
possibility of Myelodysplasia causing enlarged red blood cells and too many
of them. They're still looking into it. I still feel pretty good for my age
though.

The real advantage of being Vegan has been the large amount of knowledge of
nutrition I've gained over the years, and I've also become a pretty good
cook although I say so myself.

So while many of my fellow unemployed poor sods have been living on
unhealthy expensive take-aways and prepared foods, I've been living very
well and very cheaply indeed on the pittance of £57 PW Dole money, sometimes
to the annoyance of the people at the Job Centre when they've asked me how
I've been managing. That's why on twice that much I'll be able to afford the
odd luxury and even save a little each week.

So I'll say it again!

Ohhhh! It's really like being in heaven, to retire in 2007!! D

"M.Balarama" > wrote in message
. ..
> We are about the same age-I am almost 58.. semi-retired live off

retirement
> stuff and investments... good for you--it is nice to retire with a few

bucks
> and still have your health-it pays to be vegan/vegetarian....nomo work for
> nemo...
> Michael in Dallas Texas
> "nemo" > wrote in message
> .uk...
> > I'm sixty today

> so no compulsion to look for work anymore and no threat of
> > losing benefits - so even though all that 'sponger' rubbish was false,
> > it's
> > too late to moan now anyway, innit?!!!!
> >
> > And the lump (ouch!) sum from my Civil Service pension arrived in my

bank
> > account last night dead on time as well.
> >
> > Happy birfday too meeee.
> > I'm all happy you seeeee!
> > No more getting up in the morning -
> > No more damnéd commuting -
> > No more maniac bosses -
> > No more noisy workplaces -
> > No more damned harmful solvents!**
> > No more damned signing on!
> > All those damned days are gohh-on!
> > Twice the Dole dosh to live on,
> > Bus and Tube pass to travel on,
> > The business suit's gone in the bin!
> > Cash to buy a new raiment -
> > A nice Harris Tweed jacket!
> > A winter fuel payment
> > That's why I'm so happy -
> > Happy birfday too meeee!!
> >
> > (**1.1.1. Trichlorethane. Used to clean surplus adhesive off Piezo
> > crystals
> > with it)

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"chico" > wrote in message
> M.Balarama wrote:
>
> > We are about the same age-I am almost 58.. semi-retired live off
> > retirement stuff and investments...

> IOW, stuff you and Shari have earned. This ambitionless putz "nemo" is
> scrounging off the welfare state.

Isle Of Wight???

And how do you know, du kleiner dreckicher momser?? Just because I gloat a
little bit?

Go and stick your damned troll head up a dead bears bum! D

I've done nothing at all illegal and I've never accepted anything I was not
entitled to. What's the point of a Welfare State is everyone who finds
themselves requiring assistance from it automatically gets slagged off as a
scrounger?

I've done everything required of me by Law and more to try to find work and
retain my entitlement to Benefit and actually did find a couple of bits of
work - assembling audio cables in a sweatshop for a few weeks and three
weeks as a casual sorter fro Royal Mail at Mount Pleasant (which wasn't!)
two Christmases ago. Damned hard work but enjoyable, and pretty well paid.

Unfortunately there were no permanent vacancies going and the working
environment was atrocious.

I've been on numerous training courses including two admin courses for posts
at Great Ormond Street Hospital - about the best place in the world anyone
could want to work in, registered with eight agencies, most of which
specialised in jobs in the charity sector, been on several other intensive
recruitment drives, lost count of all teh applications I've put in, and in
spite of all that, all my efforts fell on stony ground.

There are these things called ageism and bad luck you see.

So OK. After misfortune like that, now that things are getting better I've
been gloating a bit. Why not? It's been a long time and I'm entitled!!

> > good for you--it is nice to retire
> > with a few bucks

> A few bucks earned by taxpayers, not by himself.

Here again with the inaccurate sour grapes. (I'll teach im to call me a
putz! ;o) During my working career * I * was one of those taxpayers and it's
the money I paid in over all those years of damned hard work that I'm
collecting on now. That's what it's there for. Why do so many people find it
difficult to grasp this oh- so simple concept?

You'll be begrudging me my occupational pension too next. It was paid in for
in a more formal way than my taxes were to finance what benefits I might
need but it's still money put away for me to collect whe required - for my
retirement, and over the 25 or so years it's been in there, it's grown
enormously!

And when I first started work, taxes National Insurance deductions came to
over 1/3rd of your wages!!

> > and still have your health-it pays to be
> > vegan/vegetarian

> This is one of the most ridiculous things you've ever said.

Oh no it isn't! Spin on it, dick head!

/´¯/)
/¯../
/..../
/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
/'/.../..../......./¨¯\
('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
\.................'...../
''...\.......... _.·´
\..............(
\..............\

> His wealth
> -- taken by the State from the working class and given to people in the
> beggar class -- has nothing to do with his choice of diet (in fact,
> look at his past posts about his health and you'll see his diet isn't
> exactly beneficial; he requires medication and prodding from his doctor
> to get off his lazy arse).

I didn't choose my diet for my health's sake. I was just sickened by the way
animals were treated and I wanted as little responsibility for it as
possible. The health aspects are just a useful by-product.

And my arse isn't lazy. It's just as energetic as the rest of me - otherwise
my legs wouldn't work! And even the middle one still works very well for my
age - especially after some peanuts or a curry with a good bit of Asafoetida
in it!

And before you're tempted to do the obvious insulting hand-gesture - you're
wrong. I use an appliance!! ;o)

> It has to do with his lack of desire to work
> for a living or to better himself.

No need to better myself. I'm good enough already!

>You really shouldn't be
> congratulating him for that.

Leave him alone already! If to congratulate me he wants he's perfectly
welcome. Each of his words of encouragement is worth a million of your
bigoted fascist rubbish whinges and whines!

In fact: I think you are Margaret Thatcher AICMFP! Except she'd want to tax
me on it!

Must be terrible to be as ill-informed, bitter and jealous as that - or if
it's all an act, to be such a nasty little mischief-maker! Does your mame
know that you're winding up your betters online like this? Nu-nu cheeks
you'll get!

<snip>

Him: OWWWWWWWWWWW-WOWW-WOWWWW!!!!!!

Rabbi Tuckman: Put a little ice on it. It'll be OK!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107977/

We'll get a political diatribe on the principles of robbing the rich to give
to the poor now. You watch!

Actually, Robbin' Hood stole from everyone including the poor - and kept it,
just like your average Crapitalist nowadays!

Nemo.
[...]

So there!

And absolutely nothing's going to change that!

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Derek" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 01:34:10 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:
>
> >I'm sixty today so no compulsion to look for work anymore and no threat

of
> >losing benefits - so even though all that 'sponger' rubbish was false,

it's
> >too late to moan now anyway, innit?!!!!
> >
> >And the lump (ouch!) sum from my Civil Service pension arrived in my bank
> >account last night dead on time as well.
> >
> >Happy birfday too meeee.
> >I'm all happy you seeeee!
> >No more getting up in the morning -
> >No more damnéd commuting -
> >No more maniac bosses -
> >No more noisy workplaces -
> >No more damned harmful solvents!**
> >No more damned signing on!
> >All those damned days are gohh-on!
> >Twice the Dole dosh to live on,
> >Bus and Tube pass to travel on,
> >The business suit's gone in the bin!
> >Cash to buy a new raiment -
> >A nice Harris Tweed jacket!
> >A winter fuel payment
> >That's why I'm so happy -
> >Happy birfday too meeee!!

> Congratulations on your retirement, old girl. I hope you have a long, long

one!

Thank you, ducky! - but I'm male and straight! And it's a little bit above
average and very adequate. ;oP

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"chico" > wrote in message
> nemo wrote:
>
> > I'm sixty today so no compulsion to look for work anymore and no
> > threat of losing benefits

> Slacker. Wastoid.

HAPPY slacker and HAPPY wastoid if you don't mind!!

Look! He's making up his own words now á la Red Dwarf!!!

That means only one thing: In spite of having excellent taste in comedy
shows, he's a paraphanaliaoid shit's ho phrenetic!

That's be a good name for a trendy Claimants' Union that would: The Happy
Slacker!

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Wassamadder for you?

Do your-a brothers, Groucho, Gummo, Zeppo and Harpo know you're doing all-a
this shit?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Wassamadder for you again?

Do your-a brothers, Groucho, Gummo, Zeppo and Harpo know you're doing all-a
this shit?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:48:37 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:
>"Derek" > wrote in message ...

[.]
>> Congratulations on your retirement, old girl. I hope you have a long, long
>> one!

>Thank you, ducky! - but I'm male and straight! And it's a little bit above
>average and very adequate. ;oP

Sorry about that, old boy. Your email address gave me the impression
you were a woman. Also, 2 years ago on 28 Sep 2005 you wrote, "I'm
58 now and I think I've lasted pretty well." http://tinyurl.com/38utxz
That would make you 60 now, the age when women retire, not men.

"UK State Pension age is 65 for men and 60 for women."
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/...enefits_09.asp

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:48:37 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:
>"Derek" > wrote in message ...
>> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 01:34:10 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:
>>
>> >I'm sixty today

"UK State Pension age is 65 for men and 60 for women."
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/...enefits_09.asp

[..]
>> Congratulations on your retirement, old girl. I hope you have a long, long
>> one!

>Thank you, ducky! - but I'm male

Sorry about that, old boy. Your email address gave me the impression
you were a woman. Also, 2 years ago on 28 Sep 2005 you wrote, "I'm
58 now and I think I've lasted pretty well." http://tinyurl.com/38utxz
That would make you 60 now, the age when women retire, not men.

"UK State Pension age is 65 for men and 60 for women."
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/...enefits_09.asp
Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:16:39 +0000, Derek > wrote:
>On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:48:37 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:

>"UK State Pension age is 65 for men and 60 for women."
> http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/...enefits_09.asp

Of course, being on Pension Credit instead of claiming State
Pension could mean you're both male and 60, but I didn't take
that into account and thought you'd retired on the usual State
Pension. Congratulations once again.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Derek" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:48:37 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:
> >"Derek" > wrote in message

> [.]
> >> Congratulations on your retirement, old girl. I hope you have a long,

long
> >> one!

> >Thank you, ducky! - but I'm male and straight! And it's a little bit

above
> >average and very adequate. ;oP

> Sorry about that, old boy. Your email address gave me the impression
> you were a woman. Also, 2 years ago on 28 Sep 2005 you wrote, "I'm
> 58 now and I think I've lasted pretty well." http://tinyurl.com/38utxz
> That would make you 60 now, the age when women retire, not men.
>
> "UK State Pension age is 65 for men and 60 for women."
> http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/...enefits_09.asp

I never thought of that I must admit. Actually, I'm *male* and a punster -
hence Nemo for anonymous and in conjunction with Naughtylass as in Nautilus
and wet as in what the sea is. You know. The big blue wobbly thing between
the sky and the land. )

And with a with a nice rude connutation as well ;o)

Result of an extremely strong offshore wind: Twenty Thousand Leaves Under
the Sea. My number Verne favourite nineteenth century sci-fi story.

Sewer tie mien about puns?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Derek" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:48:37 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:

> "UK State Pension age is 65 for men and 60 for women."
> http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/...enefits_09.asp
>
> [..]
> >> Congratulations on your retirement, old girl. I hope you have a long,

long
> >> one!

> >Thank you, ducky! - but I'm male

> Sorry about that, old boy. Your email address gave me the impression
> you were a woman. Also, 2 years ago on 28 Sep 2005 you wrote, "I'm
> 58 now and I think I've lasted pretty well." http://tinyurl.com/38utxz
> That would make you 60 now, the age when women retire, not men.
>
> "UK State Pension age is 65 for men and 60 for women."
> http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/...enefits_09.asp

State Pension yes, but the new Pension Credit begins at 60 for everyone and
the compulsion to seek employment disappears at the same time.

Add to that the fact that your entitlement to full Housing and Council Tax
Benefits remains and its more-or-less same thing as being on State Pension
but by another name.

http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/...redit/home.asp

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Derek" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:16:39 +0000, Derek > wrote:

> >"UK State Pension age is 65 for men and 60 for women."
> > http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/...enefits_09.asp

> Of course, being on Pension Credit instead of claiming State
> Pension could mean you're both male and 60, but I didn't take
> that into account and thought you'd retired on the usual State
> Pension. Congratulations once again.

Fair enough and thanks. Pension Credit isn't all that well known. That's why
there's so much encouragement to take it up - like the letter I received
from the DWP two weeks after my 59th. birthday telling me all about it.

I knew nothing at all about it at that time and when I saw that it was
almost twice as much money as Job Seekers' Allowance, I thought it was a
mistake.

The fact that it takes us unemployed, and thanks to rampant ageism, largely
unemployable 60+ people off the unemployment statistics making them look a
good bit less that they would otherwise be, suits the government down to the
ground.

The free travel pass and winter fuel payment were also only available to men
of 65 and over. The qualifying age for these has also been reduced to 60.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:25:00 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:
>"Derek" > wrote in message ...

>> >"UK State Pension age is 65 for men and 60 for women."
>> > http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/...enefits_09.asp

>> Of course, being on Pension Credit instead of claiming State
>> Pension could mean you're both male and 60, but I didn't take
>> that into account and thought you'd retired on the usual State
>> Pension. Congratulations once again.

>Fair enough and thanks. Pension Credit isn't all that well known. That's why
>there's so much encouragement to take it up - like the letter I received
>from the DWP two weeks after my 59th. birthday telling me all about it.
>
>I knew nothing at all about it at that time and when I saw that it was
>almost twice as much money as Job Seekers' Allowance, I thought it was a
>mistake.
>
>The fact that it takes us unemployed, and thanks to rampant ageism, largely
>unemployable 60+ people off the unemployment statistics making them look a
>good bit less that they would otherwise be, suits the government down to the
>ground.
>
>The free travel pass and winter fuel payment were also only available to men
>of 65 and over. The qualifying age for these has also been reduced to 60.

So, in short this new Pension Credit brings the retirement age for men
down to 60. Great! Hopefully in 10 years time a new scheme will
replace that one and pull it down another 5 to 55.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

wrote:

> >> Of course, being on Pension Credit instead of claiming State
> >> Pension could mean you're both male and 60, but I didn't take
> >> that into account and thought you'd retired on the usual State
> >> Pension. Congratulations once again.

> >Fair enough and thanks. Pension Credit isn't all that well known. That's

why
> >there's so much encouragement to take it up - like the letter I received
> >from the DWP two weeks after my 59th. birthday telling me all about it.
> >
> >I knew nothing at all about it at that time and when I saw that it was
> >almost twice as much money as Job Seekers' Allowance, I thought it was a
> >mistake.
> >
> >The fact that it takes us unemployed, and thanks to rampant ageism,

largely
> >unemployable 60+ people off the unemployment statistics making them look

> >good bit less that they would otherwise be, suits the government down to

the
> >ground.
> >
> >The free travel pass and winter fuel payment were also only available to

men
> >of 65 and over. The qualifying age for these has also been reduced to 60.

> So, in short this new Pension Credit brings the retirement age for men
> down to 60. Great! Hopefully in 10 years time a new scheme will
> replace that one and pull it down another 5 to 55.

That would be difficult because advances in medical science are already
leading to people living so much longer that the government's pension cash
reserves are becoming severely depleted as time goes by - unless taxes are
raised and no politician wants to do that. I think my generation will
probably be the last to be so lucky.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:21:21 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:
>"Derek" > wrote in message ...

>> >Fair enough and thanks. Pension Credit isn't all that well known.
>> >That's why there's so much encouragement to take it up - like
>> >the letter I received from the DWP two weeks after my 59th.
>> >birthday telling me all about it.
>> >
>> >I knew nothing at all about it at that time and when I saw that
>> >it was almost twice as much money as Job Seekers' Allowance,
>> >I thought it was a mistake.
>> >
>> >The fact that it takes us unemployed, and thanks to rampant
>> >ageism, largely unemployable 60+ people off the unemployment
>> >statistics making them look a good bit less that they would
>> >otherwise be, suits the government down to the ground.
>> >
>> >The free travel pass and winter fuel payment were also only
>> >available to men of 65 and over. The qualifying age for these
>> >has also been reduced to 60.

>> So, in short this new Pension Credit brings the retirement age for men
>> down to 60. Great! Hopefully in 10 years time a new scheme will
>> replace that one and pull it down another 5 to 55.

>That would be difficult because advances in medical science are already
>leading to people living so much longer that the government's pension cash
>reserves are becoming severely depleted as time goes by - unless taxes are
>raised and no politician wants to do that.

I don't care. Your dad died aged 51, right? My dad died
aged 49. Neither of them got a penny from state pension.
I want what was due to mine when I reach 55 in 10 years
time. He'll like that.

>I think my generation will probably be the last to be so lucky.

Nope. The aging population is growing fast, and if they're
looked after properly they'll keep voting the right way.
Never forget that governments govern by consent of the
governed.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

wrote:

> >> So, in short this new Pension Credit brings the retirement age for men
> >> down to 60. Great! Hopefully in 10 years time a new scheme will
> >> replace that one and pull it down another 5 to 55.

> >That would be difficult because advances in medical science are already
> >leading to people living so much longer that the government's pension

cash
> >reserves are becoming severely depleted as time goes by - unless taxes

are
> >raised and no politician wants to do that.

> I don't care. Your dad died aged 51, right? My dad died
> aged 49. Neither of them got a penny from state pension.
> I want what was due to mine when I reach 55 in 10 years
> time. He'll like that.
>
> >I think my generation will probably be the last to be so lucky.

> Nope. The aging population is growing fast, and if they're
> looked after properly they'll keep voting the right way.
> Never forget that governments govern by consent of the
> governed.

The trouble with ours is: they govern with the consent of a public swayed by
a Tory Party and Tory press vehemently opposed to any rise in taxes, however
commendable the reason. That's why they're even reluctant to raise taxes to
pay fully for the NHS and prefer to blame its structure and the way it's
run. Of course it employs lots of administrators! But it seems as if our
government and the Tories would rather have the doctors and nurses swamped
with so much paperwork that it stops them treating patients!

Don't forget, a basic rate increase of just one penny in the pound for a
multi-millionaire press baron and his cronies is a hell of a lot of money!

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Derek wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:21:21 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:
>>"Derek" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> .. .

Load of shit. The size of your generation is "rampant" in comparison the
size of the one entering upper management now. The important point is
the one you followed with:

You've spent inordinate amounts of time wanking around with totally
useless bullshit like "veganism" and animal rights instead of tending
to things like marketable skills, which, if you had ANY, would make you
largely *em*ployable. Leave it to a dumb liar like you, "nemo," to
blame others -- and excessively tax them, too! -- for your own
problems.

>>> So, in short this new Pension Credit brings the retirement age for
>>> men down to 60. Great! Hopefully in 10 years time a new scheme will
>>> replace that one and pull it down another 5 to 55.

>>That would be difficult because advances in medical science are
>>already leading to people living so much longer that the government's
>>pension cash reserves are becoming severely depleted as time goes by -
>>unless taxes are raised and no politician wants to do that.

> I don't care. Your dad died aged 51, right? My dad died
> aged 49. Neither of them got a penny from state pension.
> I want what was due to mine when I reach 55 in 10 years
> time. He'll like that.
>
>>I think my generation will probably be the last to be so lucky.

> Nope. The aging population is growing fast, and if they're
> looked after properly they'll keep voting the right way.

By "right way" you mean for their own interests in spite of the economic
consequences of them. Unfortunately, self-interests don't give a ****
about things like actuarial science so the "right way" simply means
"let me tax (rob) this group for my own group's benefit."

> Never forget that governments govern by consent of the
> governed.

Likewise, never forget that a Ponzi scheme like a pension plan can only
continue to function so long as the number of people joining the bottom
(downstream) of the pyramid remains greater than the number on top
(upstream). When such programs were conceived and instituted, there
were multiple workers for every person receiving benefits; this made
the financial burden on the taxed rather light. Both our nations are at
a point where the upstream and downstream in such programs are nearing
a balance (1:1), and very soon -- within the next decade -- those
numbers will quickly trend to be downstream heavy and *increasingly*
heavier as time goes on barring unrestricted immigration policies,
which doesn't seem to be the most popular solution on either side of
the Atlantic.

Leave it to me to cite the Guardian on this matter...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/population...130742,00.html

That consent of the governed you mentioned can lead to tyranny. And it
IS tyranny when a growing majority imposes excessive taxation -- in
this case, at rates much higher and more confiscatory than the majority
ever paid into the system -- onto a shrinking minority. The result of
excessive taxation is no better than under taxation: those taxed tend
to act in manners that reduce their taxes, whether it's working/earning
less, emigrating, or participating in black markets.

The breaking point won't be pretty, and the solution means much more of
England in 2027 will resemble Eastern Europe and the greater middle
east than the England of old, but it doesn't seem to bother "ethical"
sorts like you anyway so long as you get what you perceive to be yours.
Just how much more do you want your kids and grandkids to be taxed,
Derek, and how well do they speak Urdu and/or Slavic languages?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

nemo wrote:

> "chico" > wrote in message
>> nemo wrote:
>>
>> > I'm sixty today so no compulsion to look for work anymore and no
>> > threat of losing benefits

>> Slacker. Wastoid.

> HAPPY slacker and HAPPY wastoid if you don't mind!!
>
> Look! He's making up his own words now á la Red Dwarf!!!

I can't take credit for coining either word. "Slacker" has long been in
the lexicon and is the title of a movie (plural: "Slackers"). So, too,
with "wastoid." The first I remember hearing the latter was in the
movie "The Breakfast Club." There's also a heavy metal group called
Wastoid.

You're too daft, too ignorant, and too mentally feeble from your
malnourishing diet to have bothered looking up either word because that
would take initiative and intellectual curiosity -- traits which you
lack -- and conflict with your slovenly and passivist "resistance" to
things you find objectionable: all of which is why you are a slacker
and a wastoid.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 09:39:27 -0600, chico > wrote:
>Derek wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:21:21 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:

[..]
>>>I think my generation will probably be the last to be so lucky.

>> Nope. The aging population is growing fast, and if they're
>> looked after properly they'll keep voting the right way.

>By "right way" you mean for their own interests in spite of the economic
>consequences of them.

Yes. Like all pensioners, when I start receiving my pension
I won't reproach myself for being an economic burden, and
I won't be feeling that it's before time to retire when I do.

>Unfortunately, self-interests don't give a ****
>about things like actuarial science so the "right way" simply means
>"let me tax (rob) this group for my own group's benefit."

I don't see tax as robbery.

>> Never forget that governments govern by consent of the
>> governed.

>Likewise, never forget that a Ponzi scheme like a pension plan can only
>continue to function so long as the number of people joining the bottom
>(downstream) of the pyramid remains greater than the number on top
>(upstream). When such programs were conceived and instituted, there
>were multiple workers for every person receiving benefits; this made
>the financial burden on the taxed rather light. Both our nations are at
>a point where the upstream and downstream in such programs are nearing
>a balance (1:1), and very soon -- within the next decade -- those
>numbers will quickly trend to be downstream heavy and *increasingly*
>heavier as time goes on barring unrestricted immigration policies,
>which doesn't seem to be the most popular solution on either side of
>the Atlantic.
>
>Leave it to me to cite the Guardian on this matter...
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/population...130742,00.html
>
>That consent of the governed you mentioned can lead to tyranny. And it
>IS tyranny when a growing majority imposes excessive taxation -- in
>this case, at rates much higher and more confiscatory than the majority
>ever paid into the system -- onto a shrinking minority. The result of
>excessive taxation is no better than under taxation: those taxed tend
>to act in manners that reduce their taxes, whether it's working/earning
>less, emigrating, or participating in black markets.
>
>The breaking point won't be pretty, and the solution means much more of
>England in 2027 will resemble Eastern Europe and the greater middle
>east than the England of old, but it doesn't seem to bother "ethical"
>sorts like you anyway so long as you get what you perceive to be yours.
>Just how much more do you want your kids and grandkids to be taxed,
>Derek, and how well do they speak Urdu and/or Slavic languages?

I want them to be taxed to a degree that is fitting an just, and if that
means more, then so be it.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:37:28 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:
>"Derek" > wrote
>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:21:21 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:

[..]
>> >I think my generation will probably be the last to be so lucky.

>> Nope. The aging population is growing fast, and if they're
>> looked after properly they'll keep voting the right way.
>> Never forget that governments govern by consent of the
>> governed.

>The trouble with ours is: they govern with the consent of a public swayed by
>a Tory Party and Tory press vehemently opposed to any rise in taxes, however
>commendable the reason. That's why they're even reluctant to raise taxes to
>pay fully for the NHS and prefer to blame its structure and the way it's
>run. Of course it employs lots of administrators! But it seems as if our
>government and the Tories would rather have the doctors and nurses swamped
>with so much paperwork that it stops them treating patients!
>
>Don't forget, a basic rate increase of just one penny in the pound for a
>multi-millionaire press baron and his cronies is a hell of a lot of money!

I'm glad to here it, for how else will I get to retire so much earlier
and live comfortably?
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Derek wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:37:28 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:
>>"Derek" > wrote
>>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:21:21 GMT, "nemo" >
>>> wrote:

> [..]
>>>
>>> Nope. The aging population is growing fast, and if they're
>>> looked after properly they'll keep voting the right way.
>>> Never forget that governments govern by consent of the
>>> governed.

>>The trouble with ours is: they govern with the consent of a public
>>swayed by a Tory Party and Tory press vehemently opposed to any rise
>>in taxes, however commendable the reason. That's why they're even
>>reluctant to raise taxes to pay fully for the NHS and prefer to blame
>>its structure and the way it's run. Of course it employs lots of
>>administrators! But it seems as if our government and the Tories would
>>rather have the doctors and nurses swamped with so much paperwork that
>>it stops them treating patients!
>>
>>Don't forget, a basic rate increase of just one penny in the pound for
>>a multi-millionaire press baron and his cronies is a hell of a lot of
>>money!

> I'm glad to here it, for how else will I get to retire so much earlier
> and live comfortably?

Via discipline in: working, saving, investing, living within (make that
below) your own means, etc. Some people are diligent enough to plan
their futures like that, the rest just elect politicians to take from
the diligent and give it to them. Those are the two classes in our
society: tax payers (earners) and tax gatherers (government and the
masses who elect them *to tax others*). If you don't call it theft or
robbery, what do you call it? It's taken by force or threat of force,
it's taken without consent of its owner, etc. To paraphrase Murray
Rothbard, if taxes are really voluntary -- and therefore not robbery --
then why doesn't government rid the lawbooks of punishments like fines
and prison for those who'd prefer not to pay?
Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Derek" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:37:28 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:
> >"Derek" > wrote
> >> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:21:21 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:

> [..]
> >>
> >> Nope. The aging population is growing fast, and if they're
> >> looked after properly they'll keep voting the right way.
> >> Never forget that governments govern by consent of the
> >> governed.

> >The trouble with ours is: they govern with the consent of a public swayed

by
> >a Tory Party and Tory press vehemently opposed to any rise in taxes,

however
> >commendable the reason. That's why they're even reluctant to raise taxes

> >pay fully for the NHS and prefer to blame its structure and the way it's
> >run. Of course it employs lots of administrators! But it seems as if our
> >government and the Tories would rather have the doctors and nurses

swamped
> >with so much paperwork that it stops them treating patients!
> >
> >Don't forget, a basic rate increase of just one penny in the pound for a
> >multi-millionaire press baron and his cronies is a hell of a lot of

money!

> I'm glad to here it, for how else will I get to retire so much earlier
> and live comfortably?

Here it? My keyboatd does that too sonetimes! ;o)

Posted to alt.food.vegan

> And the lump (ouch!) sum from my Civil Service pension arrived in my bank
> account last night dead on time as well.

Surely this cash will reduce your entitlement to pension credit as this is a
means tested benefit?

Nick

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Nicks" > wrote in message

> > And the lump (ouch!) sum from my Civil Service pension arrived in my

bank
> > account last night dead on time as well.

> Surely this cash will reduce your entitlement to pension credit as this is

> means tested benefit?

Only if your total savings are over £6,000, and even then it's on a sliding
scale based on interest earned by the amount that's over the £6000. Mine's
just under - although there is another lump sum in the pipeline - my Widows'
and Orphans' Fund contributions which I get back with interest because I
never married.

A good chunk of the lump sum will have gone by then though. I need some new
clothes and a new stove, fridge-freezer and other boring household items as
well as a new PC and I'll also be spending a fair bit completely
re-organising and redecorating the flat.