Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

Default How to avoid being eaten by aliens

Martin Willett wrote:
> Jean Clingfilm wrote:
>> Martin Willett wrote:

>>> If you care to check you will see I have debated here before and not
>>> in the usual knockabout style either. I have also debated on
>>> vegetarian and vegan debate sites and even been invited back.

>> Whoopee do.
>>

>>> You seem to have jumped down my throat, being too quick to judge me
>>> as if I was one of a hate-group who does not require individual
>>> attention. That is the downside of stereotyping, sure it saves time
>>> sometimes to decide to hate somebody you don't know on the basis of
>>> your assumption that they belong to a category in your head (troll in
>>> this case) but it isn't a good strategy, we should all be aware of
>>> that by now.

>> I still think your OP was a troll.

> It was a republication of of a deliberately provocative article

AKA troll

> designed
> to encourage people to respond. It was also crossposted. I can
> understand the confusion.
>
> I can do trolling, and I'm good at it. Very good at it. In fact I've not
> met anybody better, despite asking for candidates for the past five
> years: http://mwillett.org/troll.htm
>
> What is wrong with posting provocative material and debating it on your
> newsgroup?

It is not 'my' newsgroup. What is wrong is the *reason* behind the posting

> Surely the problem with trolling, what led people to invent a
> label for it, is generating lots of heated replies and ignoring them or
> posting stuff you don't believe in simply to get a reaction or to insult
> people. I have generated a small and well controlled debate, on topic,
> and I have argued sincerely, politely and with panache with everybody
> who has responded. In what way is that A Bad Thing?

No. - You are a master of equivocation.

> Should newsgroup posts be by invitation only, after an apprenticeship of
> several months of lurking and making polite agreeing noises posting
> material that is as sensational as a mashed potato sandwich on white bread?
>
> I can write and make people take notice, sorry.
>

>>> I am well aware of aliens eating people arguments, they are usually
>>> rather fatuous ideas launched by vegetarians who obviously did not
>>> use such arguments themselves in order to decide to become
>>> vegetarian, because the argument is so lame. I decided to follow that
>>> line of argument to the point of absurdity, do a little jig and twist
>>> it round the other way. The key serious point is that you cannot make
>>> a deal with animals or the universe by which you sacrifice the
>>> enjoyment of eating meat and receive something back in return. It is
>>> a one way thing. You give up eating meat and in return, what? You get
>>> a soapbox to lecture other people from, if you care to use it, and so
>>> many do. But nothing else, the universe doesn't care and animals
>>> don't notice.

>> "The animals don't notice". A classic line.

> I mean the animals you aren't eating don't notice you not eating them.

Perhaps the animals you are eating do notice.

> I challenge you to walk through a field of beef cattle with me and see
> if the cattle treat you any different.

They do not. It is STUPID to think they would. - No one I know would
think it would make a difference.

>>> If you were faced with marauding aliens (or indeed sharks or lions)
>>> making a choice not to eat animals would not in any way protect you
>>> and it might even make you more desirable in the same way grass fed
>>> beef gets a premium price.

>> I don't think any vegetarian would propose that not eating meat would
>> protect them from a predatory species. Perhaps the idea is one of
>> engendering a thought process.
>>

>>> That disposes of the whole "what if somebody were to eat you, huh?"
>>> line of arguing. All that would happen is that vegans herded into
>>> slaughter houses would feel even more aggrieved, especially if they
>>> had previously enjoyed eating meat.

>> I think you're slightly deranged.
>>

>>> People should strip away the nonsense and confront the central issue:
>>> is eating meat actually wrong. If so, why? And to me there isn't any
>>> obvious answer to that. So much vegetarian propaganda, much of it
>>> produced by vegetarians for vegetarians (Why? Don't people know why
>>> they are vegetarian?) is the churning out of specious arguments that
>>> don't amount to a good case and have nothing to do with the reasons
>>> why vegetarians actually do choose to become vegetarians. Somehow
>>> vegetarians seem to think that arguments that didn't convince them
>>> (because they have just invented them) will convince meat-eaters.
>>> That doesn't even begin to make sense.

>> You seem bitter. What events in your life have triggered this apparent
>> hatred? Don't answer that.

> That is a common reaction: You don't agree with me and you tell me, you
> must be very bitter, were you sexually abused as a child...?
>
> I don't agree with people and I tell them and I enjoy doing it. Why does
> that mean I'm bitter? I have beliefs and I have a passion, for some of
> them at least. I also debate a lot on newsgroups with people who assume
> I must be bitter and twisted because I don't think like they do or
> assume I must be violently and extremely pro or anti whatever it is or I
> wouldn't be debating at all.

I like disagreement, It leads to understanding and ultimately knowledge.

You are very adept in avoidance. An intriguant.

> I am not black and white. I have shades, and colours and depth and
> sincerity.

I would like to believe that; but you show an obvious dislike for people
who avoid eating a particular consumer product.

Coeliac's avoid wheat, why don't you attack them?

>>> This whole thread is designed to have a fully legitimate on topic
>>> debate that is on topic to all the newsgroups I have posted it to
>>> except alt.religion.the-last-church where its presence is intended to
>>> annoy Michael Rippie. I want to ensure that if anybody comes across
>>> either his newsgroup or his website they rather soon come across me
>>> and my message that he is a charlatan, a con-man, a plagiarist and an
>>> armed lunatic who lives in the desert with a lot of guns, believes he
>>> has been raised from the dead by God and because of that is not bound
>>> by the laws, norms or mores that the rest of us live by. He claims I
>>> am forced into telling the world about his sins by the power of
>>> Rippie's mind, I am his puppet. Naturally the idea was for me to
>>> prove I was free by going away and letting him get on with lying to
>>> people in peace. No chance.

>> Another question that I don't want you to answer. Is M.R. a vegetarian?

> I doubt it very much, I'm sure it would have come up by now if he was.
>

>>> To me it doesn't matter if I discuss veganism and animal welfare,
>>> aliens, God, American foreign policy, the theory and practice of
>>> masturbation, sex with animals, paedophilia, Zionism as a form of
>>> racism, me and my body or the lack of a sex life of Michael Rippie as
>>> long as I do it all over alt.religion.the-last-church but I am sure
>>> you would rather get back on topic so please feel free to do so.

>> There's more to my life than this.

> I'm glad to hear it. Defining yourself by what you don't eat doesn't
> strike me as much of a life, or even a hobby.

I'm more than that, but not more than an 'hairless' ape.

> --
>
> Martin Willett
>

> http://mwillett.org/

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

"Jean Clingfilm"wrote

>> I mean the animals you aren't eating don't notice you not eating them.

> Perhaps the animals you are eating do notice.

Nobody eats animals, they eat meat. Eating an animal would be dangerous,
they would probably bite you.

[..]
> I like disagreement, It leads to understanding and ultimately knowledge.

You don't want knowledge, you want to proselytize your "vegan"
pseudo-philosophy because it gives you a perverse pleasure to think of
others as less enlightened than you.

[..]

> I would like to believe that; but you show an obvious dislike for people
> who avoid eating a particular consumer product.
>
> Coeliac's avoid wheat, why don't you attack them?

Do they shriek from the hilltops that wheat-eaters are immoral?

[..]

>>Defining yourself by what you don't eat doesn't strike me as much of a
>>life, or even a hobby.

> I'm more than that, but not more than an 'hairless' ape.

Nobody I know eats ape meat, but as a human being you ARE more than a
hairless ape.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

Jean Clingfilm wrote:
> Martin Willett wrote:
>> Jean Clingfilm wrote:

>>> Whoopee do.

>>> I still think your OP was a troll.

>> It was a republication of of a deliberately provocative article

> AKA troll
>
>> designed to encourage people to respond. It was also crossposted. I
>> can understand the confusion.
>>
>> I can do trolling, and I'm good at it. Very good at it. In fact I've
>> not met anybody better, despite asking for candidates for the past
>> five years: http://mwillett.org/troll.htm
>>
>> What is wrong with posting provocative material and debating it on
>> your newsgroup?

> It is not 'my' newsgroup. What is wrong is the *reason* behind the posting
>

>> Surely the problem with trolling, what led people to invent a label
>> for it, is generating lots of heated replies and ignoring them or
>> posting stuff you don't believe in simply to get a reaction or to
>> insult people. I have generated a small and well controlled debate, on
>> topic, and I have argued sincerely, politely and with panache with
>> everybody who has responded. In what way is that A Bad Thing?

> No. - You are a master of equivocation.

That was a reply only in the chronological sense.

>> Should newsgroup posts be by invitation only, after an apprenticeship
>> of several months of lurking and making polite agreeing noises posting
>> material that is as sensational as a mashed potato sandwich on white
>> bread?
>>
>> I can write and make people take notice, sorry.

>>> "The animals don't notice". A classic line.

>> I mean the animals you aren't eating don't notice you not eating them.

> Perhaps the animals you are eating do notice.
>

>> I challenge you to walk through a field of beef cattle with me and see
>> if the cattle treat you any different.

> They do not. It is STUPID to think they would. - No one I know would
> think it would make a difference.

If people think about it logically then yes, you're right, it would be
stupid to think like that. But how many animal lovers do think logically
about it?

>>> I don't think any vegetarian would propose that not eating meat would
>>> protect them from a predatory species. Perhaps the idea is one of
>>> engendering a thought process.

>>> I think you're slightly deranged.

>>> You seem bitter. What events in your life have triggered this
>>> apparent hatred? Don't answer that.

>> That is a common reaction: You don't agree with me and you tell me,
>> you must be very bitter, were you sexually abused as a child...?
>>
>> I don't agree with people and I tell them and I enjoy doing it. Why
>> does that mean I'm bitter? I have beliefs and I have a passion, for
>> some of them at least. I also debate a lot on newsgroups with people
>> who assume I must be bitter and twisted because I don't think like
>> they do or assume I must be violently and extremely pro or anti
>> whatever it is or I wouldn't be debating at all.

> I like disagreement, It leads to understanding and ultimately knowledge.
>
> You are very adept in avoidance. An intriguant.
>

>> I am not black and white. I have shades, and colours and depth and
>> sincerity.

> I would like to believe that; but you show an obvious dislike for people
> who avoid eating a particular consumer product.
>
> Coeliac's avoid wheat, why don't you attack them?

Obvious dislike? You are projecting. Show me where I have demonstrated
an obvious dislike.

You spotted I wasn't supporting you and assumed therefore that I must be
one of them, the demon-bogeymen who hate your kind for twisted evil reasons.

Veg*nism is not a simple exclusion diet for health reasons, not down to
some perceived weakness in your own body, it is a lifestyle choice and
often (but not always) a lifestyle choice which is thrust at and upon
other people aggressively and even obnoxiously.

People don't proclaim their coeliac status on t-shirts as if other
people are meant to look up to them.

Hitler didn't eat meat at times because he thought it made him fart.
That isn't anything that justifies attacking him, however people used
his vegetarianism to make propaganda, as if he was doing it for moral or
spiritual reasons, as if it made him a better man. People who choose a
vegetarian lifestyle for health reasons or personal vanity or to a gain
control over some part of their life from overbearing parents and then
decide to reap the rewards of standing on the moral high ground as if
their decision was based on such a moral choice - that is what annoys me
about vegetarians and vegans. I also get annoyed by veg*ns who made that
choice for reason A going out of their way to promote reasons D E and F
through to P R Q which not only didn't convince them but probably
wouldn't convince anybody who hadn't already decided to make the choice
for A B or C.

Annoyance though, not hatred.
--

Martin Willett

http://mwillett.org/
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

Martin Willett wrote:
snip

>>> Surely the problem with trolling, what led people to invent a label
>>> for it, is generating lots of heated replies and ignoring them or
>>> posting stuff you don't believe in simply to get a reaction or to
>>> insult people. I have generated a small and well controlled debate,
>>> on topic, and I have argued sincerely, politely and with panache with
>>> everybody who has responded. In what way is that A Bad Thing?

>> No. - You are a master of equivocation.
>>

> That was a reply only in the chronological sense.

You are a master of equivocation.

>>> Should newsgroup posts be by invitation only, after an apprenticeship
>>> of several months of lurking and making polite agreeing noises
>>> posting material that is as sensational as a mashed potato sandwich
>>> on white bread?
>>>
>>> I can write and make people take notice, sorry.

>>> I mean the animals you aren't eating don't notice you not eating them.

>> Perhaps the animals you are eating do notice.
>>

>>> I challenge you to walk through a field of beef cattle with me and
>>> see if the cattle treat you any different.

>> They do not. It is STUPID to think they would. - No one I know would
>> think it would make a difference.
>>

> If people think about it logically then yes, you're right, it would be
> stupid to think like that. But how many animal lovers do think logically
> about it?

I can not think of one scenario or person that would think that way. The
thought that anyone would think that way is entirely yours.

>>> That is a common reaction: You don't agree with me and you tell me,
>>> you must be very bitter, were you sexually abused as a child...?
>>>
>>> I don't agree with people and I tell them and I enjoy doing it. Why
>>> does that mean I'm bitter? I have beliefs and I have a passion, for
>>> some of them at least. I also debate a lot on newsgroups with people
>>> who assume I must be bitter and twisted because I don't think like
>>> they do or assume I must be violently and extremely pro or anti
>>> whatever it is or I wouldn't be debating at all.

>> I like disagreement, It leads to understanding and ultimately knowledge.
>>
>> You are very adept in avoidance. An intriguant.
>>

>>> I am not black and white. I have shades, and colours and depth and
>>> sincerity.

>> I would like to believe that; but you show an obvious dislike for
>> people who avoid eating a particular consumer product.
>>
>> Coeliac's avoid wheat, why don't you attack them?

> Obvious dislike? You are projecting. Show me where I have demonstrated
> an obvious dislike.

Most people dislike the things that annoy them.

> You spotted I wasn't supporting you and assumed therefore that I must be
> one of them, the demon-bogeymen who hate your kind for twisted evil
> reasons.
>
> Veg*nism is not a simple exclusion diet for health reasons, not down to
> some perceived weakness in your own body, it is a lifestyle choice and
> often (but not always) a lifestyle choice which is thrust at and upon
> other people aggressively and even obnoxiously.
>
> People don't proclaim their coeliac status on t-shirts as if other
> people are meant to look up to them.

http://www.coeliac.co.uk/images/cm_i...irts%20web.jpg

How can you read a relative moral status from a shirt?

> Hitler didn't eat meat at times because he thought it made him fart.
> That isn't anything that justifies attacking him, however people used
> his vegetarianism to make propaganda, as if he was doing it for moral or
> spiritual reasons, as if it made him a better man.

The only time I've seen the Hitler / vegetarian connection is when it's
used to attack vegetarians.

> People who choose a
> vegetarian lifestyle for health reasons or personal vanity or to a gain
> control over some part of their life from overbearing parents and then
> decide to reap the rewards of standing on the moral high ground as if
> their decision was based on such a moral choice - that is what annoys me
> about vegetarians and vegans.

I do not claim a moral high ground, as if I've walked up the hill of
morality.

You seem to have constructed this view to justify your dislike.

>I also get annoyed by veg*ns who made that
> choice for reason A going out of their way to promote reasons D E and F
> through to P R Q which not only didn't convince them but probably
> wouldn't convince anybody who hadn't already decided to make the choice
> for A B or C.

Who's going out of their way to promote any reason? You seem to have
gone out of your way to invite conflict.

> Annoyance though, not hatred.

The concept of hatred is your construct. I can see a dislike.

A dislike based on an imaginary series of preconceptions of a group.

> --
>
> Martin Willett
>

> http://mwillett.org/

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

Michael Rippie wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 22:59:46 +0000, Fartin Millett > wrote:
>>> Willett wrote:
>>> Promoting my website is number one. I steal from Rippie for that
>>> very reason,and naturally the site is a source for the raw material
>>> for the arguments I love.
>>>
>>> You see that I have every intention of damaging your newsgroup from the
>>> fact that I have started multiple separate threads in it.
>>> I made attacks on many people in your group.
>>>
>>> If you are wondering why I would be so vindictive then you obviously do
>>> not understand who Martin Willett is and how I operate. For the last
>>> ten years I Have been trying to destroy The Last Church, I use a
>>> wide range of bizarre, illegal and immoral methods. I post across
>>> various newsgroups using material I has stolen, trying to get people to
>>> agree with me so they can send me money.

> Another broken record? Maybe it's a recording? Polly want a
> tracker? Tell the truth. Are you Michael?

Pathetic Michael, truly pathetic, just living up to your billing.

See what I mean people? Rippie does not abide by any basic rules of
decency. He steals material and when confronted he claims he is right to
take the stuff, that the truth can not (sic) be owned, he even writes
that to the people he steals from. He is a barefaced liar.

Above you will see he has simply mangled the words I wrote to change the
meaning, as if anybody is going to be taken in by such childish forgery.

If you care to check which one is the illiterate buffoon trying to con
money out of people just look at the two websites.

Look at this page from Rippie (apparently titled Welcome to Adobe GoLive
5) http://thelastchurch.org/Mon.html in which he describes a monument,
in the past tense, that he asks people to build, somewhere, some time,
perhaps, by sending him money.

The man is a lunatic. Here is his first description of the monument he
has/will/must build:

From: The Last Church >
Subject: The Last Church
Date: 1997/11/30
Newsgroups: alt.alien.visitors

The Last Church was established on the web in 1996 and on the earth
in 1997. It was a place of worship for all the people who believe in
god but not religion. Though it was built to resemble a bombed out
building, it is a beautiful place that moves the soul of the hardest
heart. NO one is allowed to preach in this place. It is for direct
communication, one on one, with what ever you call God.
The first one built was two hundred feet wide by five hundred feet
long. Walking up to the front step, your attention was held by the huge
stone blocks. They were three feet by five by three, feet. On each
stone some form of truth was carved. The one That sticks in my mind is,"
It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, It is what
comes out."
The front door stood nine feet tall and six feet wide. From the
entrance you saw the carvings on the inside of all the blocks, just like
the outside, and in a row running the length of the otherwise empty
room, you saw big boulders fifteen feet tall, by five foot wide. They
were rounded and smooth with rounded benches, big enough for two people,
carved in each boulder. Twelve of these were spaced out the length of
the building. Sitting in these benches, with the boulder wrapping around
you, your vision was restricted to a few carved blocks in front of you.
The Place gave the feeling of a stone hinge, that was alive.
The building had no roof covering or window glass in the two
windows, on each side wall. One wall had a twenty foot hole in it that
looked as if it had been blown out by a bomb. Big blocks of stone were
laying around as if they had fallen from the wall. A Person could walk
to the top of the wall from here, stepping from stone to stone. Once on
top you can walk all the way around the building and come down at the
hole again. Grass grew all around the outside while thick, white, tile
covered the inside floor. At night it was lit by star and moon light=85
Under all this was a full basement with some small offices at one
end.
During the afternoon it was covered in children and old people. In
the evening it was filled with a mixture of all ages. When it was first
built the hours between twelve o=92clock and daylight found it filled wit=
the dangerous people, but six months later it was a safe place to be any
time of night. It became a sanctuary for anyone in danger. The fact
that anyone who did crime on this property was found dead with in a few
days, made it so.
People did get killed. It came to a point of who controlled the
building, The Force or the dangerous people. Know one knows who killed
them but, now, know one does crime on the property. The fact is crime
for the whole city went down 23% after the first year TLC was built.
After the second year crime was down a total of 58% for the two years.
The closest they came to finding out who was doing the killing was a
corpse found at a gang shoot out. His name was David Bocowske. They
found his wallet but the address was false. The cops could not find
where he was from or anyone who knew him. He was not a member of any
known gang, but it is thought he killed all nine of the gang found with
him. He was armed with a semi-auto Chinese ak47 with 30 round clips and
a 45 colt auto. The Gang had raped a little girl the night before, on
TLC property.
The unusual thing about him was the brown munks robe he was wearing
and his tattoo=92s. One tattoo on his chest that said," I am not alone! =
am one of many." And, one on his back that said," I give this life so
all can live in peace." A tattoo on the back of his hand said TLC.
Though lots of people were wearing the TLC tattoo, the cops still think
he was connected to The Last Church. That is hard to prove because The
Last Church had no congregation or services, not even a membership role.
I could say he was just a lone nut but someone dressed in the same type
robe has been seen walking through the church late at night, on more
than one occasion.
There were thirty one people killed that first year. After each
killing the Christians would march up and down in front of TLC in
protest. They were protesting in small numbers from the first day The
Last Church was finished and the number of protesters increased after
each killing. The Christians called TLC the house of the devil and any
other negative they could think up. Sometimes, at night, they would
drive in carloads of garbage and through it all over the white tile
floor. I took pleasure in knowing every time they came to through
garbage they had to read the writing on the wall. "Love thy neighbor as
you do your self." And " Do unto others as you would have done unto
you." And this one realy made them mad, "Jesus said not to write any
books or bibles, because the written word will always be corrupted."
And, "He that would be first among you, make him your slave and those
that would be last, put at the head of the table." This last passage
from their bible seam to say the first Baptist and the First Christian,
and a whole lot of other first churches of this or that should follow
The Last Church.
The Christian churches did not want the people to wake up to the
truth. They even took parts of their bible out so it would not be read.
That=92s right, at least three or four books were dropped sense the 185=
7
bible. You would think a Christian would welcome the truth, but no, it
turns out they are afraid of it.
I used to tell them," If you use your bible as an Idol, (the
absolute true word of God) you will never know God or the spirit of
Jesus. It is not until you get above and past the bible, that the force
reveals it=92s self.
When TLC first opened the Christians fell on it in droves, trying to
save everybody=92s soul. They were preaching in every corner of the
church. When they would not stop I had them arrested and removed. I
tried to explain that if they sat with one person and talked about their
belief, That was not considered preaching. In fact that is the way
Jesus said to spread the word, one heart to another. Jesus also said
teach only two things, Love and compassion for when a person knows these
the force was with them. All the rest is to be taught by deeds not
words. So I ask why do preachers use so many words on Sunday?
Another block of wall said," Anyone who taught the bible is the word
of God fit in the category of the blind leading the blind. So now you
can see what was upsetting them. They finally quit coming into the
building. Preferring to hang out on the side walk.

By the time the second month, after TLC=92s completion had passed, people=

were coming together in groups. Cults, the Christians would call them,
but they were just people who came from the same part of town and
enjoyed there own understanding of the Force. Once or twice a week this
or that group would come to the outside of one wall of The Last Church
and sing songs for a couple of hours. They would sing a few church
songs like Amazing Grace but mostly they sang any and every thing.
Three of the groups were banded by Marshall arts. Tie Chi and Kung
fu and a club called US. They gave lessons free to anyone that ask and
there were usually one or two somewhere on the property with a class,
once a day.
The Last Church was doing just what it was meant to do, bring
people together in positive thought. But, you know someone always
wants to **** up a good thing. Two rival Gangs used it for a rumble. Is
that what they call it? Anyway, two body=92s were found at daylight. On=

the third day after that both gang leaders were killed and dumped on the
steps of TLC. There was a note pined on both there shirts.
It said," We hold this Church to be sanctuary. Anyone standing on
TLC is not to be harmed in anyway. NO crime will be done on TLC property
of any kind. Punishment for braking this rule is death, with out
exception.
So let it be written, so let it be done, so let it be fun.
Signed
Onward
Christian solders "

The next night a man was being beaten and robbed a few blocks away.
He managed to get away and they chased him to the church but they
stopped at the edge of the property. He was saved, his attackers
wondered off into the dark. With in days stories like this were all
over. More and more people came to see The Last Church.

In the forth month a gang from across town called Shadow men did a drive
by on the M-street, a local gang. At about 2-o=92clock the M-street was
hanging around the church when the shadow men drove by. All six of the
shadow men opened fire, killing two of the M-street and a young girl who
was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She was 16 years old.
Three days later six boys from the shadows were found in their car,
parked in front of The Last Church, with their throats cut, vary dead.

The note left on the seat said,
=91Kill them all, let god sort it out. We mean business. Any crime
committed on TLC property will result in the death of the perpetrators!
So let it be written, so let it be done, darn right it=92s fun.
Signed
Onward
Christian solders

Two days after that The shadows main house burned down with eight men
inside. All but one had been shot first. That one had been tied and
burned alive. The note was on a tree outside. It said;

The Shadow gang is Dead. Anyone found wearing Shadows colors and
markings after this day will be dealt with. This is retaliation for the
drive by shooting at The Last Church. So let it be written, so let it
be done.
Sighed
OCS

The cops were into their usual mode, arresting and threatening and
abusing everyone. They circulated flyers asking if anyone knew someone
with a brown munks robe. A few days after the flyer the people had a
monks robe day and 600 people showed up all wearing the brown hooded
monks robe. People began to put signs in their windows saying, " This
house is the property of The Last Church."
The Church held a fund raiser for the construction of another TLC.
Over eleven thousand people came. The average donation that day was
$20 for each person that came. The church got another two hundred
thousand by mail over the next three weeks. That=92s one million four
hundred ten thousand in one month. That money built three more
churches.
The Cops were sure I was the leader of some kind of secret killer
group, But I was not being charged. I did nothing but build the
building and clean up the trash left by the Christians. My personal
moral opinion on the killing is, I think it had to be done and it was a
good thing. People say, it=92s nice to know they are still out there. No=
if someone is being aggressive, like trying to rob you, you can pull out
the emblem of TLC and they will go away.
Finally the gang=92s started joining. The gangs became the true
protectors of the people. They stopped 90% of the crime city wide.
Thieves burglars and other criminals left town for safer places to do
their crime. It was now safe to walk the streets=85
There are reports and details left out of this report to save space
on this form. The rest of the report in detail can be found in ships
log, D:/file-948.rep

Star date 4651; The brown robes landed the transport ship in
section 211 of the ninth blue planet and I was picked up, ending this
report.
Unit 304
Qusar Division

That was a peep inside the sick mind of Michael Edward Rippie.

Would you send him money?

Would you join his Church?

Would you drink his Kool-Aid?

--

Martin Willett

http://mwillett.org/

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

"Martin Willett" > wrote in message
> nemo wrote:
> > Stop it! . . . . . . . . . . . . Silly person!
> >

> Am I confusing you by having more than one dimension?
> --

What part of "Stop it! . . . . . . . . . . . . Silly person!" don't you
understand?

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

nemo wrote:
> "Martin Willett" > wrote in message
>> nemo wrote:
>>> Stop it! . . . . . . . . . . . . Silly person!
>>>

>> Am I confusing you by having more than one dimension?
>> --
>>

> What part of "Stop it! . . . . . . . . . . . . Silly person!" don't you
> understand?

.. . . . . . . . . . . .

You walked into that one, didn't you?
--

Martin Willett

http://mwillett.org/
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

"Martin Willett" > wrote in message
> nemo wrote:
> >>>
> >> Am I confusing you by having more than one dimension?
> >> --
> >>

> > What part of "Stop it! . . . . . . . . . . . . Silly person!" don't you
> > understand?

> You walked into that one, didn't you?

Nope. You did.

D'ya wanna continue to be able to walk? I know an ex-IRA man with a 12 bore
who's for hire and he's very good at aiming for kneecaps!

(ECHELON - please note this is a joke J - O - K - E so don't fly into
a panic. A brick wall? yes, but a panic? no!)

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

nemo wrote:
> "Martin Willett" > wrote in message
>> nemo wrote:

>>> What part of "Stop it! . . . . . . . . . . . . Silly person!" don't you
>>> understand?

>> You walked into that one, didn't you?

> Nope. You did.
>
> D'ya wanna continue to be able to walk? I know an ex-IRA man with a 12 bore
> who's for hire and he's very good at aiming for kneecaps!

Do you think that was funny?

I have long found that vegetarian pacifists are a lot more violent and
nasty than I could ever be.
--

Martin Willett

http://mwillett.org/
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

"Martin Willett" > wrote in message
> nemo wrote:

you
> >> You walked into that one, didn't you?

> > Nope. You did.
> >
> > D'ya wanna continue to be able to walk? I know an ex-IRA man with a 12

bore
> > who's for hire and he's very good at aiming for kneecaps!
> >

> Do you think that was funny?
>
> I have long found that vegetarian pacifists are a lot more violent and
> nasty than I could ever be.

No you haven't. And how nasty you might be is of no concern to me. I could
deal with you very easily indeed.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

nemo wrote:
> "Martin Willett" > wrote in message
>> nemo wrote:

> you
>>> Nope. You did.
>>>
>>> D'ya wanna continue to be able to walk? I know an ex-IRA man with a 12

> bore
>>> who's for hire and he's very good at aiming for kneecaps!
>>>

>> Do you think that was funny?
>>
>> I have long found that vegetarian pacifists are a lot more violent and
>> nasty than I could ever be.

> No you haven't.

Yes I have. That is why I wrote it down. Savvy?

--

Martin Willett

http://mwillett.org/
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

"nemo" > wrote

> "Martin Willett" > wrote

>> > D'ya wanna continue to be able to walk? I know an ex-IRA man with a 12

> bore
>> > who's for hire and he's very good at aiming for kneecaps!
>> >

>> Do you think that was funny?
>>
>> I have long found that vegetarian pacifists are a lot more violent and
>> nasty than I could ever be.

> No you haven't. And how nasty you might be is of no concern to me. I could
> deal with you very easily indeed.

More threats... you continue to illustrate his point.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.aliens.they-are-here

"Dutch" > wrote in message

> "nemo" > wrote
> >
> > "Martin Willett" > wrote

12
> > bore
> >> >

> >> Do you think that was funny?
> >>
> >> I have long found that vegetarian pacifists are a lot more violent and
> >> nasty than I could ever be.

> > No you haven't. And how nasty you might be is of no concern to me. I

could
> > deal with you very easily indeed.

> More threats... you continue to illustrate his point.

Within the law.

And I doubt if his *point* functions very well either.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

emo wrote:

> "Martin Willett" > wrote in message
> > nemo wrote:

> > > What part of "Stop it! . . . . . . . . . . . . Silly person!"
> > > don't you understand?

> > You walked into that one, didn't you?

> Nope. You did.
>
> D'ya wanna continue to be able to walk? I know an ex-IRA man with a 12
> bore who's for hire and he's very good at aiming for kneecaps!

Typical vegan misanthrope. No wonder the biggest threat of domestic
terror is you "compassionate" loonies who think animals have rights.

BTW, you're the biggest ****ing liar in these groups, Emo. That AND
you're the most incompetent timekeeper in the history of the world.

I've been Vegan for over 30 years...
-- 21 Mar 2002 (http://tinyurl.com/25ulyl)

...over 35 years of being Vegan...
-- 12 May 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2wtzt2)

So you gained five years of veganism in a matter of 15 months. Bloody
****ing amazing!

I went Veggie when I was about 16 and Vegan at about 20. That was 36
years ago.
-- 10 Jun 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2qazf9)

When I became veggie in 1962.... 35 years a Vegan...
-- 8 Nov 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/33lj3v)

You lost an entire year in a matter of about five months.

I've been Vegan for nearly 41 years now...
-- 20 Jun 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/28qfdg)

So you regained six years of veganism in about three years. Or do
you keep time in dog years, loathsome arsehole?

Been Vegan for around 45 years! ))))))
-- 27 Dec 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/3debw7)

You gained four years of veganism in six months? What a ****tard!

> (ECHELON - please note this is a joke...

You're inability to count -- or to tell the truth -- is the real joke,
Emo. Your violent threats are another matter.
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

chico wrote:

Oh, there's a lot more to this...

> BTW, you're the biggest ****ing liar in these groups, Emo. That AND
> you're the most incompetent timekeeper in the history of the world.
>
> I've been Vegan for over 30 years...
> -- 21 Mar 2002 (http://tinyurl.com/25ulyl)
>
> ...over 35 years of being Vegan...
> -- 12 May 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2wtzt2)
>
> So you gained five years of veganism in a matter of 15 months. Bloody
> ****ing amazing!
>
> I went Veggie when I was about 16 and Vegan at about 20. That
> was 36 years ago.
> -- 10 Jun 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2qazf9)
>
> When I became veggie in 1962.... 35 years a Vegan...
> -- 8 Nov 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/33lj3v)
>
> You lost an entire year in a matter of about five months.
>
> I've been Vegan for nearly 41 years now...
> -- 20 Jun 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/28qfdg)
>
> So you regained six years of veganism in about three years. Or do
> you keep time in dog years, loathsome arsehole?
>
> Been Vegan for around 45 years! ))))))
> -- 27 Dec 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/3debw7)
>
> You gained four years of veganism in six months? What a ****tard!

...a Vegan of 37 years standing, sitting and lying down...
-- 25 Jul 2005 (http://tinyurl.com/2tkh75)

I've been Vegan for nearly 50 years. When I started eveyone except teh
few Vegans I knew said I'd die! Actually, I'm still doing very well on
it. That's no fallacy!
-- 8 Jan 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/2cupsf)

*Fifty* ****ing years last year, *forty-five* this year. You'd have
no virtue if it weren't for the ersatz stuff you get from your
veganism, no matter how long it's been in real years. ****ing liar.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Michael wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 06:01:55 -0500, chico > wrote:
>
> > loonies who think animals have rights.

> If not then you have no rights.

Non sequitur. My rights aren't predicated on what other animals have or
don't have. Indeed, my refusal to respect their "rights" is exceeded
only by their refusal to respect mine. A lion or tiger or cougar would
just as soon kill and eat me as I would kill and eat any other animal
(if I even ate animals).

Cougars certainly don't respect the rights of elderly hikers:
http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8MSNRIG1.html

> Lucky for us...

Clueless psychobabble.

> Animals do have rights

What a load of crap. They don't have rights; they sure as hell don't
respect ours. They're afforded *some* protection under our laws --
animal welfare.
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Michael wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 06:13:31 -0500, chico > wrote:
>

> Willett is spam wherever he is.
> >chico wrote:
> >Oh, there's a lot more to this...

> The new way to spell spam MW.

The new way to spell LIAR is n-e-m-o. Why did you snip the proof of his
outrageous lies about how long he's been a "vegan"? What does it say
about vegan activists like "nemo" that they have to one-up everyone with
wild claims about how healthy they are (he certainly isn't the
picture of good health) or how long they've denied themselves nutrition
on "principled" grounds? And what does it say about their principles
when their sole virtue is based on outrageous delusions and lies?

There's no virtue in lying, nor in avoiding animal parts. Why would you
let him get away with bringing such disrepute to "veganism" by making
wild-eyed claims like those you snipped? That's just about TIME he says
he's been a "vegan," not about any of the other claims "vegans" make
about their empty, bogus lifestyle.

--------- RESTORE ---------
Oh, there's a lot more to this...

> BTW, you're the biggest ****ing liar in these groups, Emo. That AND
> you're the most incompetent timekeeper in the history of the world.
>
> I've been Vegan for over 30 years...
> -- 21 Mar 2002 (http://tinyurl.com/25ulyl)
>
> ...over 35 years of being Vegan...
> -- 12 May 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2wtzt2)
>
> So you gained five years of veganism in a matter of 15 months. Bloody
> ****ing amazing!
>
> I went Veggie when I was about 16 and Vegan at about 20. That
> was 36 years ago.
> -- 10 Jun 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/2qazf9)
>
> When I became veggie in 1962.... 35 years a Vegan...
> -- 8 Nov 2003 (http://tinyurl.com/33lj3v)
>
> You lost an entire year in a matter of about five months.
>
> I've been Vegan for nearly 41 years now...
> -- 20 Jun 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/28qfdg)
>
> So you regained six years of veganism in about three years. Or do
> you keep time in dog years, loathsome arsehole?
>
> Been Vegan for around 45 years! ))))))
> -- 27 Dec 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/3debw7)
>
> You gained four years of veganism in six months? What a ****tard!

...a Vegan of 37 years standing, sitting and lying down...
-- 25 Jul 2005 (http://tinyurl.com/2tkh75)

I've been Vegan for nearly 50 years. When I started eveyone except teh
few Vegans I knew said I'd die! Actually, I'm still doing very well on
it. That's no fallacy!
-- 8 Jan 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/2cupsf)

*Fifty* ****ing years last year, *forty-five* this year. You'd have
no virtue if it weren't for the ersatz stuff you get from your
veganism, no matter how long it's been in real years. ****ing liar.

--------- END RESTORE ---------

Veganism is predicated on a lie: that animals aren't harmed simply
because one refuses to eat even micrograms of animal parts. For some
vegans, that one lie just isn't enough. That's why you have someone like
the fraud "nemo" giving a *TWENTY YEAR* discrepency in his wild claims
for how long he's been a "vegan" in just four years of posts -- as if
long experience validates what nothing else does. The only problem is,
you don't clear up one lie (i.e., animals don't die simply because you
don't eat them) with more.
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

chico wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 06:01:55 -0500, chico > wrote:
>>
>>> loonies who think animals have rights.

>> If not then you have no rights.

> Non sequitur. My rights aren't predicated on what other animals have or
> don't have. Indeed, my refusal to respect their "rights" is exceeded
> only by their refusal to respect mine. A lion or tiger or cougar would
> just as soon kill and eat me as I would kill and eat any other animal
> (if I even ate animals).
>
> Cougars certainly don't respect the rights of elderly hikers:
> http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8MSNRIG1.html
>
>> Lucky for us...

> Clueless psychobabble.
>
>> Animals do have rights

> What a load of crap. They don't have rights; they sure as hell don't
> respect ours. They're afforded *some* protection under our laws --
> animal welfare.

“Right...is the child of law: from real laws come real rights; but from
imaginary laws, from laws of nature, fancied and invented by poets,
rhetoricians, and dealers in moral and intellectual poisons, come
imaginary rights, a ******* brood of monsters.” - Jeremy Bentham

Animal rights are a nonsense. It is laws that give animals protection,
laws we choose to enact to offer animals protection, to soothe our
consciences and to ensure that people who respect and care for animals
in their business dealings don't loose out to those who shamelessly
abuse them.
--

Martin Willett

http://mwillett.org/
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

chico wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 06:01:55 -0500, chico > wrote:
>>
>>> loonies who think animals have rights.

>> If not then you have no rights.

> Non sequitur. My rights aren't predicated on what other animals have or
> don't have. Indeed, my refusal to respect their "rights" is exceeded
> only by their refusal to respect mine. A lion or tiger or cougar would
> just as soon kill and eat me as I would kill and eat any other animal
> (if I even ate animals).
>
> Cougars certainly don't respect the rights of elderly hikers:
> http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8MSNRIG1.html
>
>> Lucky for us...

> Clueless psychobabble.
>
>> Animals do have rights

> What a load of crap. They don't have rights; they sure as hell don't
> respect ours. They're afforded *some* protection under our laws --
> animal welfare.

“Right...is the child of law: from real laws come real rights; but from
imaginary laws, from laws of nature, fancied and invented by poets,
rhetoricians, and dealers in moral and intellectual poisons, come
imaginary rights, a ******* brood of monsters.” - Jeremy Bentham

Animal rights are a nonsense. It is laws that give animals protection,
laws we choose to enact to offer animals protection, to soothe our
consciences and to ensure that people who respect and care for animals
in their business dealings don't lose out to those who shamelessly
abuse them.
--

Martin Willett

http://mwillett.org/
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Martin wrote:

> chico wrote:
> > Michael wrote:

> >> If not then you have no rights.

> > Non sequitur. My rights aren't predicated on what other animals have
> > or don't have. Indeed, my refusal to respect their "rights" is
> > exceeded only by their refusal to respect mine. A lion or tiger or
> > cougar would just as soon kill and eat me as I would kill and eat
> > any other animal (if I even ate animals).
> >
> > Cougars certainly don't respect the rights of elderly hikers:
> > http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8MSNRIG1.html
> >
> >> Lucky for us...

> > Clueless psychobabble.
> >
> >> Animals do have rights

> > What a load of crap. They don't have rights; they sure as hell don't
> > respect ours. They're afforded *some* protection under our laws --
> > animal welfare.

> “Right...is the child of law: from real laws come real rights; but
> from imaginary laws, from laws of nature, fancied and invented by
> poets, rhetoricians, and dealers in moral and intellectual poisons,
> come imaginary rights, a ******* brood of monsters.” - Jeremy
> Bentham
>
> Animal rights are a nonsense. It is laws that give animals protection,
> laws we choose to enact to offer animals protection, to soothe our
> consciences and to ensure that people who respect and care for animals
> in their business dealings don't loose out to those who shamelessly
> abuse them.

"Shamlessly abuse them..." You mean like the PETA ****s standing trial
in North Carolina for killing dogs and cats.
http://tinyurl.com/22rzcj

Too many to handle, so they wantonly killed and dumped them. These
are the same type who often violently harass people who wear leather and
fur or who choose to eat at KFC.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

chico wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>
>> chico wrote:

>>> Non sequitur. My rights aren't predicated on what other animals have
>>> or don't have. Indeed, my refusal to respect their "rights" is
>>> exceeded only by their refusal to respect mine. A lion or tiger or
>>> cougar would just as soon kill and eat me as I would kill and eat
>>> any other animal (if I even ate animals).
>>>
>>> Cougars certainly don't respect the rights of elderly hikers:
>>> http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8MSNRIG1.html

>>> Clueless psychobabble.

>>> What a load of crap. They don't have rights; they sure as hell don't
>>> respect ours. They're afforded *some* protection under our laws --
>>> animal welfare.

>> “Right...is the child of law: from real laws come real rights; but
>> from imaginary laws, from laws of nature, fancied and invented by
>> poets, rhetoricians, and dealers in moral and intellectual poisons,
>> come imaginary rights, a ******* brood of monsters.” - Jeremy
>> Bentham
>>
>> Animal rights are a nonsense. It is laws that give animals protection,
>> laws we choose to enact to offer animals protection, to soothe our
>> consciences and to ensure that people who respect and care for animals
>> in their business dealings don't loose out to those who shamelessly
>> abuse them.

> "Shamlessly abuse them..." You mean like the PETA ****s standing trial
> in North Carolina for killing dogs and cats.
> http://tinyurl.com/22rzcj
>
> Too many to handle, so they wantonly killed and dumped them. These
> are the same type who often violently harass people who wear leather and
> fur or who choose to eat at KFC.

I meant the small minority of farmers who abuse their animals and have
no empathy for them. They should be put out of business by animal
welfare laws. The vast majority of people involved in the meat industry
are decent people, not heartless monsters. Laws should be used to get
rid of those who bring farming and food production into disrepute.

--

Martin Willett

http://mwillett.org/
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Michael wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:51:06 -0600, chico > wrote:
>
> >Non sequitur. My rights aren't predicated on what other animals have
> >or don't have. Indeed, my refusal to respect their "rights" is
> >exceeded only by their refusal to respect mine. A lion or tiger or
> >cougar would just as soon kill and eat me as I would kill and eat any
> >other animal (if I even ate animals).
> >
> >Cougars certainly don't respect the rights of elderly hikers:

> What animals do...

Is evidence that they operate on instincts and not within any
framework in which "rights" is a rational concept. Animals operate on
might, not rights.

> has no bearing on its natural right to do the
> things nature gave it.

Nature gave the beast its base instincts; society and reason have given
man the framework of rights. Animals operate on instincts and might, not
on rights. Civilized man operates in a framework that represses might
and respects rights.

> In a case where food could not be had any other way I would
> kill and eat you.

That presumes you're physically and/or mentally superior enough to do
that. You're neither.

> That is the nature of men.

No, the nature of Western man is to abhor eating the flesh of one's own
species. It is also the nature of Western man and civilized societies to
respect a framework of rights that protects even (or especially) the
weak from the strong. That's fundamentally contrary to the law of
"nature" -- the law of the jungle -- in which territory, mating, and
food "rights" are established almost entirely by might and domination.

> I also have the right
> to rise above those standards and recognize all animals have rights.

Animals don't have rights, regardless of your silly psychobabble about
the issue. We in civilized societies protect them under the law, just as
we protect those humans who cannot responsibly exercise their own rights
because of age (minors don't have rights, they have protection under
law), the infirm and severely handicapped (who have others exercise
their rights for them via powers of attorney, etc.), and so on. They
don't have rights in nature or in society, but it's society that's
willing to afford them protection.

> Until I get hungry.

In which you would operate under the law of the jungle -- might over
right -- as opposed to the law of civil society. Nature doesn't operate
within a system of rights, civil society does. The flawed notion that
animals deserve rights is an entirely modern development driven
primarily by urbanites with too much time on their hands who are so
removed from nature that they don't understand the differences between
society and nature and thereby confuse both.
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Martin Willett" > wrote in message ...

> “Right...is the child of law: from real laws come real rights; but from
> imaginary laws, from laws of nature, fancied and invented by poets,
> rhetoricians, and dealers in moral and intellectual poisons, come
> imaginary rights, a ******* brood of monsters.” - Jeremy Bentham
>
> Animal rights are a nonsense. It is laws that give animals protection,
> laws we choose to enact to offer animals protection, to soothe our
> consciences and to ensure that people who respect and care for animals
> in their business dealings don't lose out to those who shamelessly
> abuse them.

'Jeremy Bentham (IPA: ['ben??m] or ['bent?m]) (February 15, 1748
O.S. (February 26, 1748 N.S.) – June 6, 1832) was an English jurist,
philosopher, and legal and social reformer. He was a political radical
and a leading theorist in Anglo-American philosophy of law. He is
best known as an early advocate of utilitarianism and animal rights
[1][2] who influenced the development of liberalism.
Bentham is widely recognised as one of the earliest proponents of
animal rights. He argued that animal pain is very similar to human
pain, and that "[t]he day may come when the rest of the animal
creation may acquire those rights which never could have been
witholden from them but by the hand of tyranny." [8] Bentham
argued that the ability to suffer, not the ability to reason, must
be the benchmark of how we treat other beings. If the ability to
reason were the criterion, many human beings, including babies
and disabled people, would also have to be treated as though
they were things. He wrote:

It may one day come to be recognised that the number of the
legs, the villosity of the skin, or the termination of the os sacrum
are reasons equally insufficient for abandoning a sensitive being
to the same fate.

What else is it that should trace the insuperable line? Is it the
faculty of reason or perhaps the faculty of discourse? But a
full-grown horse or dog is beyond comparison a more rational,
as well as more conversable animal, than an infant of a day or
a week or even a month old. But suppose they were otherwise,
what would it avail? The question is not, Can they reason?, nor
Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? Why should the law refuse
its protection to any sensitive being? The time will come when
humanity will extend its mantle over everything which breathes
.... [8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bentham

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"chico" > wrote in message ...

> "nature" -- the law of the jungle -- in which territory, mating, and
> food "rights" are established almost entirely by might and domination.

'No Time for Bullies: Baboons Retool Their Culture
By NATALIE ANGIER
Published: April 13, 2004

Sometimes it takes the great Dustbuster of fate to clear the room of
bullies and bad habits. Freak cyclones helped destroy Kublai Khan's
brutal Mongolian empire, for example, while the Black Death of the
14th century capsized the medieval theocracy and gave the Renaissance
a chance to shine.

Among a troop of savanna baboons in Kenya, a terrible outbreak of
tuberculosis 20 years ago selectively killed off the biggest, nastiest and
most despotic males, setting the stage for a social and behavioral
transformation unlike any seen in this notoriously truculent primate.

In a study appearing today in the journal PloS Biology (online at
www.plosbiology.org), researchers describe the drastic temperamental and
tonal shift that occurred in a troop of 62 baboons when its most belligerent
members vanished from the scene. The victims were all dominant adult males
that had been strong and snarly enough to fight with a neighboring baboon
troop over the spoils at a tourist lodge garbage dump, and were exposed
there to meat tainted with bovine tuberculosis, which soon killed them. Left
behind in the troop, designated the Forest Troop, were the 50 percent of
males that had been too subordinate to try dump brawling, as well as all the
females and their young. With that change in demographics came a cultural
swing toward pacifism, a relaxing of the usually parlous baboon hierarchy,
and a willingness to use affection and mutual grooming rather than threats,
swipes and bites to foster a patriotic spirit.

Remarkably, the Forest Troop has maintained its genial style over two
decades, even though the male survivors of the epidemic have since died
or disappeared and been replaced by males from the outside. (As is the
case for most primates, baboon females spend their lives in their natal home,
while the males leave at puberty to seek their fortunes elsewhere.) The
persistence of communal comity suggests that the resident baboons must
somehow be instructing the immigrants in the unusual customs of the tribe.

"We don't yet understand the mechanism of transmittal," said Dr. Robert M.
Sapolsky, a professor of biology and neurology at Stanford, "but the jerky
new guys are obviously learning, `We don't do things like that around here.'"
Dr. Sapolsky wrote the report with his colleague and wife, Dr. Lisa J. Share.

Dr. Sapolsky, who is renowned for his study of the physiology of stress,
said that the Forest Troop baboons probably felt as good as they acted.
Hormone samples from the monkeys showed far less evidence of stress in
even the lowest-ranking individuals, when contrasted with baboons living
in more rancorous societies.

The researchers were able to compare the behavior and physiology of the
contemporary Forest Troop primates to two control groups: a similar-size
baboon congregation living nearby, called the Talek Troop, and the Forest
Troop itself from 1979 through 1982, the era that might be called Before
Alpha Die-off, or B.A.D.

"It's a really fine, thorough piece of work, with the sort of methodology
and lucky data sets that you can only get from doing long-term field
research," said Dr. Duane Quiatt, a primatologist at the University of
Colorado at Denver and a co-author with Vernon Reynolds of the 1993
book "Primate Behaviour: Information, Social Knowledge and the Evolution
of Culture."

The new work vividly demonstrates that, Putumayo records notwithstanding,
humans hold no patent on multiculturalism. As a growing body of research
indicates, many social animals learn from one another and cultivate regional
variants in skills, conventions and fashions. Some chimpanzees crack open
their nuts with a stone hammer on a stone anvil; others prefer wood hammers
on wood anvils. The chimpanzees of the Tai forest rain-dance; those of the
Gombe tickle themselves. Dr. Jane Goodall reported a fad in one chimpanzee
group: a young female started wiggling her hands, and before long, every
teen chimp was doing likewise.

(Page 2 of 2)

But in the baboon study, the culture being conveyed is less a specific
behavior or skill than a global code of conduct. "You can more accurately
describe it as the social ethos of group," said Dr. Andrew Whiten, a
professor of evolutionary and developmental psychology at the University
of St. Andrews in Scotland who has studied chimpanzee culture. "It's an
attitude that's being transmitted."

The report also offers real-world proof of a principle first demonstrated in
captive populations of monkeys: that with the right upbringing, diplomacy is
infectious. Dr. Frans B. M. de Waal, the director of the Living Links Center
at the Yerkes National Primate Research Center of Emory University in
Atlanta, has shown that if the normally pugilistic rhesus monkeys are reared
with the more conciliatory stumptailed monkeys, the rhesus monkeys learn
the value of tolerance, peacemaking and mutual hip-hugging.

Dr. de Waal, who wrote an essay to accompany the new baboon study,
said in a telephone interview, "The good news for humans is that it looks
like peaceful conditions, once established, can be maintained," he said.

"And if baboons can do it," he said, "why not us? The bad news is that you
might have to first knock out all the most aggressive males to get there."

Jerkiness or worse certainly seems to be a job description for ordinary male
baboons. The average young male, after wheedling his way into a new troop
at around age 7, spends his prime years seeking to fang his way up the
hierarchy; and once he's gained some status, he devotes many a leisure hour
to whimsical displays of power at scant personal cost. He harasses and
attacks females, which weigh half his hundred pounds and lack his
thumb-thick canines, or he terrorizes the low-ranking males he knows cannot
retaliate.

Dr. Barbara Smuts, a primatologist at the University of Michigan who wrote
the 1985 book "Sex and Friendship in Baboons," said that the females in the
troop she studied received a serious bite from a male annually, maybe losing
a strip of flesh or part of an ear in the process. As they age and lose
their strength, however, males may calm down and adopt a new approach to
group living, affiliating with females so devotedly that they keep their
reproductive opportunities going even as their ranking in the male hierarchy
plunges.

For their part, female baboons, which live up to 25 years - compared with
the male's 18 - inherit their rank in the gynocracy from their mothers and
so spend less time fighting for dominance. They do, however, readily battle
females from outside the fold, for they, not the males, are the keepers of
turf and dynasty.

The new-fashioned Forest Troop is no United Nations, or even the average
frat house. Its citizens remain highly aggressive and argumentative, and the
males still obsess over hierarchy. "We're talking about baboons here," said
Dr. Sapolsky.

What most distinguishes this congregation from others is that the males
resist taking out their bad moods on females and underlings. When a
dominant male wants to pick a fight, he finds someone his own size and
rank. As a result, a greater percentage of male-male conflicts in the Forest
Troop occur between closely ranked individuals than is seen in the control
populations, where the bullies seek easier pickings. Moreover, Forest Troop
males of all ranks spend more time grooming and being groomed, and just
generally huddling close to troop mates, than do their counterpart males in
the study.

Interestingly, the male faces in the Forest Troop may have changed over
time, but the relative numbers have not. Ever since the tuberculosis
epidemic killed half the adult males, the ratio has remained skewed, with
twice as many females as males. Yet the researchers have demonstrated
that the troop's sexual complexion alone cannot explain its character.
Examining other troops with a similar preponderance of females, the
Stanford scientists saw no evidence of the Forest Troop's relative amity.

Dr. Sapolsky has no idea how long the good times will last. "I confess
I'm rooting for the troop to stay like this forever, but I worry about how
vulnerable they may be," he said. "All it would take is two or three jerky
adolescent males entering at the same time to tilt the balance and destroy
the culture."

http://tinyurl.com/3hn4m

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

pearl wrote:

> "chico" > wrote:
>
> > "nature" -- the law of the jungle -- in which territory, mating, and
> > food "rights" are established almost entirely by might and
> > domination.

> 'No Time for Bullies: Baboons Retool Their Culture

What do you not comprehend by the intentional qualification: "ALMOST
ENTIRELY by might and domination"? The account in the article you
demonstrates that it's anomalous for animal groups to be NOT marked by a
dominance hierarchy of one or more alpha (generally males).

Operative parts:

> Dr. Sapolsky, who is renowned for his study of the physiology of
> stress, said that the Forest Troop baboons probably felt as good as
> they acted. Hormone samples from the monkeys showed far less evidence
> of stress in even the lowest-ranking individuals, when contrasted with
> baboons living in more rancorous societies.
>
> Jerkiness or worse certainly seems to be a job description for
> *ordinary* male baboons. The average young male, after wheedling his
> way into a new troop at around age 7, spends his prime years seeking
> to fang his way up the hierarchy; and once he's gained some status, he
> devotes many a leisure hour to whimsical displays of power at scant
> personal cost. He harasses and attacks females, which weigh half his
> hundred pounds and lack his thumb-thick canines, or he terrorizes the
> low-ranking males he knows cannot retaliate.
>
> Dr. Barbara Smuts, a primatologist at the University of Michigan who
> wrote the 1985 book "Sex and Friendship in Baboons," said that the
> females in the troop she studied received a serious bite from a male
> annually,

Bit more often than anually among skinheads, eh?

> maybe losing a strip of flesh or part of an ear in the
> process. As they age and lose their strength, however, males may calm
> down and adopt a new approach to group living, affiliating with
> females so devotedly that they keep their reproductive opportunities
> going even as their ranking in the male hierarchy plunges.
>
> For their part, female baboons, which live up to 25 years - compared
> with the male's 18 - inherit their rank in the gynocracy from their
> mothers and so spend less time fighting for dominance. They do,
> however, readily battle females from outside the fold, for they, not
> the males, are the keepers of turf and dynasty.
>
> The new-fashioned Forest Troop is no United Nations, or even the
> average frat house. Its citizens remain highly aggressive and
> argumentative, and the males still obsess over hierarchy. "We're
> talking about baboons here," said Dr. Sapolsky.

Aggressive, hierarchy. Exactly. Baboons are no different than the
violent skinheads you find so attractive.

> What most distinguishes this congregation from others is that the
> males resist taking out their bad moods on females and underlings.

Unlike the pack of violent skinheads you routinely "service."

Etc.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

pearl wrote:
> "Martin Willett" > wrote in message ...
>> “Right...is the child of law: from real laws come real rights; but from
>> imaginary laws, from laws of nature, fancied and invented by poets,
>> rhetoricians, and dealers in moral and intellectual poisons, come
>> imaginary rights, a ******* brood of monsters.” - Jeremy Bentham
>>
>> Animal rights are a nonsense. It is laws that give animals protection,
>> laws we choose to enact to offer animals protection, to soothe our
>> consciences and to ensure that people who respect and care for animals
>> in their business dealings don't lose out to those who shamelessly
>> abuse them.

> 'Jeremy Bentham (IPA: ['ben??m] or ['bent?m]) (February 15, 1748
> O.S. (February 26, 1748 N.S.) – June 6, 1832) was an English jurist,
> philosopher, and legal and social reformer. He was a political radical
> and a leading theorist in Anglo-American philosophy of law. He is
> best known as an early advocate of utilitarianism and animal rights
> [1][2] who influenced the development of liberalism.
> Bentham is widely recognised as one of the earliest proponents of
> animal rights. He argued that animal pain is very similar to human
> pain, and that "[t]he day may come when the rest of the animal
> creation may acquire those rights which never could have been
> witholden from them but by the hand of tyranny." [8] Bentham
> argued that the ability to suffer, not the ability to reason, must
> be the benchmark of how we treat other beings. If the ability to
> reason were the criterion, many human beings, including babies
> and disabled people, would also have to be treated as though
> they were things. He wrote:
>
> It may one day come to be recognised that the number of the
> legs, the villosity of the skin, or the termination of the os sacrum
> are reasons equally insufficient for abandoning a sensitive being
> to the same fate.
>
> What else is it that should trace the insuperable line? Is it the
> faculty of reason or perhaps the faculty of discourse? But a
> full-grown horse or dog is beyond comparison a more rational,
> as well as more conversable animal, than an infant of a day or
> a week or even a month old. But suppose they were otherwise,
> what would it avail? The question is not, Can they reason?, nor
> Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? Why should the law refuse
> its protection to any sensitive being? The time will come when
> humanity will extend its mantle over everything which breathes
> ... [8]
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bentham

Animals and people don't have rights until they are given them by law.
Bentham was rightly calling for laws to recognize the potential of
animals to suffer and therefore bringing in laws to grant protection to
animals. Calling that a call for "animal rights" when he was a staunch
opponent of the entire concept of natural rights is disingenuous. It
would be much more appropriate to say he was in favour of legal
protection of animals from cruelty.

"He argued in favour of individual and economic freedom, including the
separation of church and state, freedom of expression, equal rights for
women, animal rights, the end of slavery, the abolition of physical
punishment (including that of children), the right to divorce, free
trade, and in defence of usury and homosexuality. He supported
inheritance tax, restrictions on monopoly power, pensions, and health
insurance."

In his day he was a radical. Today he could get a front bench post in
any of the big three British political parties in the snap of his fingers.

--

Martin Willett

http://mwillett.org/
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"chico" > wrote in message ...
> pearl wrote:
>
> > "chico" > wrote:
> >
> > > "nature" -- the law of the jungle -- in which territory, mating, and
> > > food "rights" are established almost entirely by might and
> > > domination.

> > 'No Time for Bullies: Baboons Retool Their Culture

> What do you not comprehend

Thanks for the demonstration.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"chico" > wrote in message ...

> Unlike the pack of violent skinheads you routinely "service."

That is a lie.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Martin Willett" > wrote in message ...
> pearl wrote:
> > "Martin Willett" > wrote in message ...

> >> “Right...is the child of law: from real laws come real rights; but from
> >> imaginary laws, from laws of nature, fancied and invented by poets,
> >> rhetoricians, and dealers in moral and intellectual poisons, come
> >> imaginary rights, a ******* brood of monsters.” - Jeremy Bentham
> >>
> >> Animal rights are a nonsense. It is laws that give animals protection,
> >> laws we choose to enact to offer animals protection, to soothe our
> >> consciences and to ensure that people who respect and care for animals
> >> in their business dealings don't lose out to those who shamelessly
> >> abuse them.

> > 'Jeremy Bentham (IPA: ['ben??m] or ['bent?m]) (February 15, 1748
> > O.S. (February 26, 1748 N.S.) – June 6, 1832) was an English jurist,
> > philosopher, and legal and social reformer. He was a political radical
> > and a leading theorist in Anglo-American philosophy of law. He is
> > best known as an early advocate of utilitarianism and animal rights
> > [1][2] who influenced the development of liberalism.
> > Bentham is widely recognised as one of the earliest proponents of
> > animal rights. He argued that animal pain is very similar to human
> > pain, and that "[t]he day may come when the rest of the animal
> > creation may acquire those rights which never could have been
> > witholden from them but by the hand of tyranny." [8] Bentham
> > argued that the ability to suffer, not the ability to reason, must
> > be the benchmark of how we treat other beings. If the ability to
> > reason were the criterion, many human beings, including babies
> > and disabled people, would also have to be treated as though
> > they were things. He wrote:
> >
> > It may one day come to be recognised that the number of the
> > legs, the villosity of the skin, or the termination of the os sacrum
> > are reasons equally insufficient for abandoning a sensitive being
> > to the same fate.
> >
> > What else is it that should trace the insuperable line? Is it the
> > faculty of reason or perhaps the faculty of discourse? But a
> > full-grown horse or dog is beyond comparison a more rational,
> > as well as more conversable animal, than an infant of a day or
> > a week or even a month old. But suppose they were otherwise,
> > what would it avail? The question is not, Can they reason?, nor
> > Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? Why should the law refuse
> > its protection to any sensitive being? The time will come when
> > humanity will extend its mantle over everything which breathes
> > ... [8]
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bentham
> >

> Animals and people don't have rights until they are given them by law.

Whose law? ".. from real laws come real rights; but from imaginary
laws, from laws of nature, fancied and invented by poets, rhetoricians,
and dealers in moral and intellectual poisons, come imaginary rights,
a ******* brood of monsters.” Let's face it - all that talk of "the law
of the jungle", might and dominion, etc, but.. apart from carnivores
doing what they must do, and are naturally adapted to do, to survive,
(and those uppity primates) - all that talk of 'civilisation', but it is
humans who dominate, and support that with their 'law' (tyranny).

> Bentham was rightly calling for laws to recognize the potential of
> animals to suffer

We recognize that they, being sensitive beings, can suffer too.
We can see that they seek to live, in freedom and contentment.

A natural law: Life, in whatever form it takes, seeks to protect
itself and its kind from threats to its survival and well-being.

Who are we to hold others captive, inflict suffering, and kill?

> and therefore bringing in laws to grant protection to animals.

How do you define the terms 'protection', 'care' and 'respect'?

> Calling that a call for "animal rights" when he was a staunch
> opponent of the entire concept of natural rights

No. .."from imaginary laws, from laws of nature, fancied and
invented by poets, rhetoricians, and dealers in moral and
intellectual poisons, ..".. not from real natural laws (and rights).

> is disingenuous. It
> would be much more appropriate to say he was in favour of legal
> protection of animals from cruelty.

From suffering. And that can be experienced in many ways.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

pearl wrote:

> "chico" wrote:

Shorten your "reply to" setting (remove the message tag) so it fits on
one line, you retarded ****.

> > pearl wrote:

> > > 'No Time for Bullies: Baboons Retool Their Culture

> > What do you not comprehend by the intentional qualification: "ALMOST
> > ENTIRELY by might and domination"? The account in the article you
> > demonstrates that it's anomalous for animal groups to be NOT marked
> > by a dominance hierarchy of one or more alpha (generally males).

> Thanks

No problem.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

pearl wrote:

> "chico" wrote:
>
> > Unlike the pack of violent skinheads you routinely "service."

> That is a lie.

Liar. To which part of that do you take exception?
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

pearl wrote:

> "chico" > wrote in message
>
> > Unlike the pack of violent skinheads you routinely "service."

> That is a lie.

No, and neither was the part about your sexual attraction to violent
skinheads you snipped. You even married one. And he left you for
strippers. He found them much more intellectually stimulating than what
he had in that tumble-down shack surrounded by furry creatures he wanted
to beat and a crazy bitch in a tinfoil hat.
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"chico" > wrote in message ...
> pearl wrote:
>
> > "chico" wrote:
> >
> > > Unlike the pack of violent skinheads you routinely "service."

> > That is a lie.

> Liar.

Liar.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"chico" > wrote in message ...
> pearl wrote:
>
> > "chico" > wrote in message
> >
> > > Unlike the pack of violent skinheads you routinely "service."

> > That is a lie.

> No,

Yes. I'd pity you, but you richly deserve the hell you inhabit.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"chico" > wrote in message ...
> pearl wrote:
>
> > "chico" wrote:

> Shorten

FOAD.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

pearl wrote:

> "chico" > wrote in message

Adjust your reply settings, dummy.

> > pearl wrote:

> > > That is a lie.

> > Liar.

> Liar.

Nope, and neither was the part about your sexual attraction to violent
skinheads you snipped. You even married one. And he left you for
strippers. He found them much more intellectually stimulating than what
he had in that tumble-down shack surrounded by furry creatures he wanted
to beat and a crazy bitch in a tinfoil hat.
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"chico" > wrote in message ...

> Adjust

Adjust your personality if you can, low-life liar.

Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

pearl wrote:

> "chico" > wrote in message

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Adjust the settings in your POS mail/news agent, dummy.

> > Adjust

> Adjust

Adjust the settings in your POS mail/news agent, dummy. Why are you
still using the default build of OE that came with Win98? Retard.
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Can you really see a difference between "laws of nature" which Bentham
is against, and "Real natural laws (and rights)"?

The quote clearly shows that he thinks the entire concept of laws of
nature a.k.a. natural laws is wrong-headed, that no such things exist
until laws are created. Laws create rights, they don't reveal them.
--

Martin Willett

http://mwillett.org/
Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Martin Willett" > wrote
> Can you really see a difference between "laws of nature" which Bentham is
> against, and "Real natural laws (and rights)"?
>
> The quote clearly shows that he thinks the entire concept of laws of
> nature a.k.a. natural laws is wrong-headed, that no such things exist
> until laws are created. Laws create rights, they don't reveal them.

I think this is somewhat simplistic. Yes there are "legal rights" which only
exist based on laws, but before thare are laws there are principles like
fairness or 'natural justice' which cause us to see for example that the
brutal murder of a child is wrong, or the subjugation and exploitation of
women. In my view this sense of natural justice evolves from our nature as
highly intelligent, empathic social animals.

Aliens and food Chemo the Clown[_2_] General Cooking 27 10-05-2011 07:01 PM
Cooking aliens Brrad Basket Barbecue 0 26-04-2011 10:34 PM
Texans Meet The Aliens Sheldon General Cooking 3 30-12-2007 02:35 AM
wanna see Aliens on Earth the web souls General Cooking 0 09-06-2007 06:08 AM
Kolbeh: A Persian Restaurant to avoid in Seattle unless you like bad service, indifferent managment, wrong orders, and not getting your half eaten food back in a doggy bag to save money and have lunch the next day Keith Gormezano Restaurants 0 05-01-2006 09:06 PM