Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Default Ethical shopping

Buy the whole bunch.
Not just the couple of bananas you want.

--
Visit the Cybermuseum of BBC War Crimes at:
http://users.bluecarrots.com/rbisto/BBC/BBC.html

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

"Honest Aryan" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Buy the whole bunch.
> Not just the couple of bananas you want.

Why?

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Honest Aryan wrote:

> Buy the whole bunch.
> Not just the couple of bananas you want.

Have you any idea how many bananas there are in a bunch?
The shippers and the stores have already broken them up into
smaller bunches. Since we pay by the pound regardless of the
quality of the individual fruits in those bunches, we are
entitled to the best quality for the same price. If I want 4
bananas and the smallest bunch is 8, of which 4 are substandard,
I am going to take the four good ones.
Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Dave Smith wrote:

> Honest Aryan wrote:
> >
> > Buy the whole bunch.
> > Not just the couple of bananas you want.

> Have you any idea how many bananas there are in a bunch?
> The shippers and the stores have already broken them up into
> smaller bunches. Since we pay by the pound regardless of the
> quality of the individual fruits in those bunches, we are
> entitled to the best quality for the same price. If I want 4
> bananas and the smallest bunch is 8, of which 4 are substandard,
> I am going to take the four good ones.

You aren't even *entitled* to buy the bananas in the first place. If
you don't care for the terms under which the bananas are *offered* for
sale, your entitlement is limited to your right to decline to purchase
them.

You certainly are not entitled to break up bunches into smaller ones.
They are not yours until after you've paid for them.

Loose bananas if you want them are generally sold at a lower price.

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Mel Rowing wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>
> > Honest Aryan wrote:
> > >
> > > Buy the whole bunch.
> > > Not just the couple of bananas you want.

> > Have you any idea how many bananas there are in a bunch?
> > The shippers and the stores have already broken them up into
> > smaller bunches. Since we pay by the pound regardless of the
> > quality of the individual fruits in those bunches, we are
> > entitled to the best quality for the same price. If I want 4
> > bananas and the smallest bunch is 8, of which 4 are substandard,
> > I am going to take the four good ones.

> You aren't even *entitled* to buy the bananas in the first place. If
> you don't care for the terms under which the bananas are *offered* for
> sale, your entitlement is limited to your right to decline to purchase
> them.
>
> You certainly are not entitled to break up bunches into smaller ones.
> They are not yours until after you've paid for them.
>
> Loose bananas if you want them are generally sold at a lower price.

I think you took your nutty pills today. Sometimes, supermarkets don't
have "loose" bananas - certainly true where I shop. I don't know what
happens to them, but I don't care, either. (They probably use them in
the bakery or deli departments.) If I can only use 2, I'll buy two,
even if (I don't give it a second though) I have to separate them from
a bigger bunch. I bet there isn't a produce clerk alive who thinks
that's a bad idea.

N.

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

"Nancy2" > wrote

> I think you took your nutty pills today.

More like troll pills.

nancy

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Mel Rowing wrote:

> > > Buy the whole bunch.
> > > Not just the couple of bananas you want.

> > Have you any idea how many bananas there are in a bunch?
> > The shippers and the stores have already broken them up into
> > smaller bunches. Since we pay by the pound regardless of the
> > quality of the individual fruits in those bunches, we are
> > entitled to the best quality for the same price. If I want 4
> > bananas and the smallest bunch is 8, of which 4 are substandard,
> > I am going to take the four good ones.

> You aren't even *entitled* to buy the bananas in the first place. If
> you don't care for the terms under which the bananas are *offered* for
> sale, your entitlement is limited to your right to decline to purchase
> them.

The stores where I shop sell them by the pound, not by the
bunch. Banana grow in "hands", not bunches, and a hand of
bananas may be 100-200 bananas. Shippers and vendors break them
up into smaller bunches. If they cared about them being sold in
bunches they would package them in bunches.

> You certainly are not entitled to break up bunches into smaller ones.
> They are not yours until after you've paid for them.

Why not? They have. I buy bananas 4-5 at a time because they get
over ripe if not used within a that many days. I can usually
find a suitable bunch, but if the smallest bunch is 25, I will
break some off.

> Loose bananas if you want them are generally sold at a lower price.

Yes, generally they are, but that is because most of them have
been culled because of defects, like being too ripe.
Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Honest Aryan wrote:
> Buy the whole bunch.
> Not just the couple of bananas you want.
>
> --
> Visit the Cybermuseum of BBC War Crimes at:
> http://users.bluecarrots.com/rbisto/BBC/BBC.html
> Admission *FREE* - even for libruls!

Why would I pay good money for substandard, rotten bananas?

--
"All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and no one
quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once.'"
Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following items containing animal by-products
in order to be successful:

Tires, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
Heparin, Insulin, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides,
Gelatin Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood, Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Abrasives, Steel Ball Bearings

being vegan.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

<dh@.> wrote in message ...

> The meat industry provides life for the animals that it
> slaughters, .......

I'm no vegan or vegetarian, but if you really like that stupid thing you
wrote, above, please mop up your drool.

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Dave Smith wrote:

> > You certainly are not entitled to break up bunches into smaller ones.
> > They are not yours until after you've paid for them.

> Why not? They have. I buy bananas 4-5 at a time because they get
> over ripe if not used within a that many days. I can usually
> find a suitable bunch, but if the smallest bunch is 25, I will
> break some off.

They're their's to split!

I think you will find if you look that the pre-packed bunches come in
various sizes from half a dozen upwards. If you can't find a suitable
bunch and you let your desires be known then a special bunch can be
prepared for you.

Similar for meat. You don't go carving up joints because you can't find
one of the right size do you? No! You go and ask the butcher to cut one
specially for you. All major supermarkets will provide this service.

Anyway how can a banana get over ripe? It's the one fruit that improves
with age as the starch within it inverts. A banana that has not a skin
mottled with brown spots is hardly worth eating. Speaking personally I
buy a bunch of between 8 & 12 and hang them in the open air for a week
to ripen before eating. In the meantime I eat last week's buy.

Delicious!

> > Loose bananas if you want them are generally sold at a lower price.

> Yes, generally they are, but that is because most of them have
> been culled because of defects, like being too ripe.

More likely those that are left bruised after vandals like you have
been messing them about!

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Mel Rowing wrote:

> > Why not? They have. I buy bananas 4-5 at a time because they get
> > over ripe if not used within a that many days. I can usually
> > find a suitable bunch, but if the smallest bunch is 25, I will
> > break some off.

> They're their's to split!

They can keep them if they want. I am sure they would rather sell
them.

> I think you will find if you look that the pre-packed bunches come in
> various sizes from half a dozen upwards. If you can't find a suitable
> bunch and you let your desires be known then a special bunch can be
> prepared for you.

The only time I see them bundled here is when they are reduced,
in which case they aren't good for much more than banana bread.

> Similar for meat. You don't go carving up joints because you can't find
> one of the right size do you?>

If you go to the self serve meat section you will find roasts in
a variety of sizes, pre-cut and packaged.

> No! You go and ask the butcher to cut one
> specially for you. All major supermarkets will provide this service.

Indeed. You go to the butcher counter where they have roasts on
display and will cut them to size for you, similar to you
selecting bananas from a bunch. For health and safety reasons
they do the cutting.

> Anyway how can a banana get over ripe? It's the one fruit that improves
> with age as the starch within it inverts. A banana that has not a skin
> mottled with brown spots is hardly worth eating. Speaking personally I
> buy a bunch of between 8 & 12 and hang them in the open air for a week
> to ripen before eating. In the meantime I eat last week's buy.

Baloney. Bananas improve to a point. They are usually best an
even pale yellow. When they are dark yellow they are getting too
ripe and once they start to develop spots they have pretty well
had it. I seriously doubt that you would get a dozen bananas in
a bunch to last you a week if they were already spotted.

> > > Loose bananas if you want them are generally sold at a lower price.

> > Yes, generally they are, but that is because most of them have
> > been culled because of defects, like being too ripe.

> More likely those that are left bruised after vandals like you have
> been messing them about!

Vandals like me? I am not in the habit of breaking up bananas. I
can usually find a bunch that suits my needs. I am not anal
retentive enough to worry about someone else do it.
Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

In article om>,
"Honest Aryan" > wrote:

> Buy the whole bunch.
> Not just the couple of bananas you want.

BFD. When they start putting out bunches of two, I'll buy a bunch.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."

http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - blahblahblog -
12/11, Christmas Gift Assortments

http://jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Dave Smith wrote:

> Baloney. Bananas improve to a point. They are usually best an
> even pale yellow. When they are dark yellow they are getting too
> ripe and once they start to develop spots they have pretty well
> had it. I seriously doubt that you would get a dozen bananas in
> a bunch to last you a week if they were already spotted.

Put them in the fridge. You get the best of both
worlds.
They quickly turn brown on the outside but
stay nice and white on the inside.
BANANAS, luvverly BANANAS.

--
Visit the Cybermuseum of BBC War Crimes at:
http://users.bluecarrots.com/rbisto/BBC/BBC.html
Admission *FREE* - even for libruls!

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Ravenlynne wrote:

> Why would I pay good money for substandard, rotten bananas?

Well, that's the thing. Ethics costs you.

--
Visit the Cybermuseum of BBC War Crimes at:
http://users.bluecarrots.com/rbisto/BBC/BBC.html
Admission *FREE* - even for libruls!

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Honest Aryan wrote:
> Ravenlynne wrote:
>
> > Why would I pay good money for substandard, rotten bananas?

> Well, that's the thing. Ethics costs you.

Ethics would entail not forcing me to buy rotten bananas along with
good bananas. Your ethics seems to be skewed.

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

In article >,
Ravenlynne > wrote:

> Why would I pay good money for substandard, rotten bananas?

Because rotten bananas are a requirement for banana bread, where
rotten=overripe.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."

http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - blahblahblog -
12/13, Gerri's tree
http://jamlady.eboard.com
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> Ravenlynne > wrote:
>
>> Why would I pay good money for substandard, rotten bananas?

> Because rotten bananas are a requirement for banana bread, where
> rotten=overripe.

I rarely make banana bread, so this doesn't work for me.

--
"All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and no one
quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once.'"
- The Dresden Files
Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Honest Aryan wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:
>
> > Baloney. Bananas improve to a point. They are usually best an
> > even pale yellow. When they are dark yellow they are getting too
> > ripe and once they start to develop spots they have pretty well
> > had it. I seriously doubt that you would get a dozen bananas in
> > a bunch to last you a week if they were already spotted.

> Put them in the fridge. You get the best of both
> worlds.
> They quickly turn brown on the outside but
> stay nice and white on the inside.
> BANANAS, luvverly BANANAS.

Ugh!

Don't put any fresh fruit in the fridge. It will delay the ripening
process but the skin will wilt more quickly. How many fruiterers do you
know that chill their fruit?

Fruit is best kept (and displayed) in a fruit bowl.

Bananas are best hung until ripe. They can even be eaten if the skins
are black provided that no parts of the inside have gone brown which
indicates rancidness. THey are in addition a most versatile fruit and
can be cooked as well as eaten raw. Banana fritters are, I think, my
favourite dessert.

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:49:46 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>

>> The meat industry provides life for the animals that it
>> slaughters, .......

>I'm no vegan or vegetarian,

So far so good.

>but if you really like that stupid thing you wrote, above,

You mean if I like the significant fact that I pointed out. If you're
too stupid to understand it then the stupidity is on your side, but
what I pointed out is no less a significant aspect of the situation
just because you can't understand or appreciate it.

>please mop up your drool.

You have considered veg*nism, and consider it to be the most
ethical possible approach. You also admire veg*ns, and wish you
could get yourself to be one. Right? Even if not about every bit
of it, just from your reaction it seems clear that you believe veg*nism
is the most ethically possible approach. I don't.

Some animals raised for food have decent lives of positive
value, just as some have terrible lives. If you can't understand
that both of those facts are true, you're lost at the most basic
beginning of comprehension, not being able to comprehend the
most basic aspect of the whole thing. From there you just become
more bewildered and confused...we see a lot of that. Because of
an inability to comprehend the most basic, people who can't are
of course unable to move along to consider which animals have
lives of positive value and which don't, and why, etc...lost before
they/you ever get started, because they/you don't start at all.

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Mel Rowing wrote:

> Don't put any fresh fruit in the fridge. It will delay the ripening
> process but the skin will wilt more quickly. How many fruiterers do you
> know that chill their fruit?
>
> Fruit is best kept (and displayed) in a fruit bowl.
>
> Bananas are best hung until ripe. They can even be eaten if the skins
> are black provided that no parts of the inside have gone brown which
> indicates rancidness. THey are in addition a most versatile fruit and
> can be cooked as well as eaten raw. Banana fritters are, I think, my
> favourite dessert.

I don't think you're paying attention. Many people (me included) don't
like
bananas once they've started getting freckles. We believe there is
such
a thing as "too ripe". Once the bananas get to the stage of unripeness
that we prefer, continued ripening can be prevented by refrigeration.
We
consider this to be a good thing and we consider bananas that are brown
or black to be a bad thing.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

"Mel Rowing" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Bananas are best hung until ripe. They can even be eaten if the skins
> are black provided that no parts of the inside have gone brown which
> indicates rancidness.

My dad likes them like that.

I think it's something to do with the war.

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

"ravenlynne" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Honest Aryan wrote:
>> Ravenlynne wrote:
>>
>> > Why would I pay good money for substandard, rotten bananas?

>> Well, that's the thing. Ethics costs you.
>>

> Ethics would entail not forcing me to buy rotten bananas along
> with
> good bananas. Your ethics seems to be skewed.

==========================
But your 'ethics' do allow you to buy a product, bananas, that
destroys rain forests and coral reefs? Strange 'ethics.'

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

rick wrote:
> "ravenlynne" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> Honest Aryan wrote:

>>> Well, that's the thing. Ethics costs you.
>>>

>> Ethics would entail not forcing me to buy rotten bananas along
>> with
>> good bananas. Your ethics seems to be skewed.

> ==========================
> But your 'ethics' do allow you to buy a product, bananas, that
> destroys rain forests and coral reefs? Strange 'ethics.'

Oh do shut up.

--
"All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and no one
quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once.'"
- The Dresden Files
Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

"Ravenlynne" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:
>> "ravenlynne" > wrote in message
>> ps.com...

>>> Ethics would entail not forcing me to buy rotten bananas
>>> along with
>>> good bananas. Your ethics seems to be skewed.

>> ==========================
>> But your 'ethics' do allow you to buy a product, bananas, that
>> destroys rain forests and coral reefs? Strange 'ethics.'
>>

> Oh do shut up.

====================
Don't like reality, huh killer?

> --
> "All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and
> no one quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once.'"
> - The Dresden Files

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

rick wrote:
> "Ravenlynne" > wrote in message
>> rick wrote:
>>> "ravenlynne" > wrote in message
>>> ps.com...

>>> ==========================
>>> But your 'ethics' do allow you to buy a product, bananas, that
>>> destroys rain forests and coral reefs? Strange 'ethics.'
>>>

>> Oh do shut up.

> ====================
> Don't like reality, huh killer?

Stuff it, cross posting troll.

--
"All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and no one
quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once.'"
- The Dresden Files
Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

"Ravenlynne" > wrote in message
news
> rick wrote:

>>> Oh do shut up.

>> ====================
>> Don't like reality, huh killer?
>>

> Stuff it, cross posting troll.
> =============================

ROTFLMAO You're as ignorant about usenet as you are ethics, I
see, fool.
have a nice day, loser...

> --
> "All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and
> no one quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once.'"
> - The Dresden Files

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

rick wrote:
> "Ravenlynne" > wrote in message
> news
>> rick wrote:

>>> ====================
>>> Don't like reality, huh killer?
>>>

>> Stuff it, cross posting troll.
>> =============================

> ROTFLMAO You're as ignorant about usenet as you are ethics, I
> see, fool.
> have a nice day, loser...

<plonk>
--
"All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and no one
quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once.'"
- The Dresden Files
Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

"Ravenlynne" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:
>> "Ravenlynne" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> Stuff it, cross posting troll.
>>> =============================

>> ROTFLMAO You're as ignorant about usenet as you are ethics,
>> I see, fool.
>> have a nice day, loser...
>>

> <plonk>

======================
That's a boy... Run away cause you know the big dogs are loose
and you have nothing, fool.

> --
> "All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and
> no one quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once.'"
> - The Dresden Files

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

"rick" > wrotted

> That's a boy... Run away cause you know the big dogs are loose and you
> have nothing, fool.

Kiss my ****ing arse, you carpet munching queer.

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

"Red Fog" > wrote in message
> "rick" > wrotted
>
>> That's a boy... Run away cause you know the big dogs are
>> loose and you have nothing, fool.

> Kiss my ****ing arse, you carpet munching queer.

LOL Thanks for continuing to prove the ignorance that passes for
discussion in your simple mind...

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

"rick" > wrote in message

>> Kiss my ****ing arse, you carpet munching queer.

> LOL Thanks for continuing to prove the ignorance that passes for
> discussion in your simple mind...

I got mail. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc

Mel Rowing wrote:

> Ugh!
>
> Don't put any fresh fruit in the fridge. It will delay the ripening
> process but the skin will wilt more quickly. How many fruiterers do you
> know that chill their fruit?

That's the problem. Fruit is often
too ripe for me. The lighting often doesn't help,
making things look riper than they really are.
The other day, an orange with a dash of its
green mantle gave me the fruit equivalent of
The Lost Chord, its 'unripeness' imparting just
the right amount of tang, evermore to be sought.
Mmmmm. this brandy's nopt too bad either, but
this I do know where to get more.