Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default New Dame Fandango Vegan Recipe / e-book

To celebrate the launch of our new vegan recipe e-book in aid of Dorset
Wildlife Rescue, here is one of the sample recipes as featured on our
site at http://www.damefandango.com/vhomepage.htm

vegetables | mango stuffed pepper boats

Serves 4 main meals when served with salad/vegetables/potato/rice/meat
etc.

This is an absolutely beautiful dish and one of my favourites. It's
incredibly healthy and tastes great. You don't necessarily need to
serve it in the peppers, I often just make a big bowlful of the main
mixture.

Wheat free, dairy free, meat free version...

Ingredients...

3 tbsp rice

1 grated carrot

½ chopped mango

2 small spring onions, chopped finely

1 inch stem ginger cut finely (I use the stem ginger in syrup)

1 tbsp oil

Optional:

½ chilli, finely chopped.

4 red peppers, halved

2 tbsp unshelled Pistachio nuts

Dressing:

Juice of ½ lime

2 tsp syrup from the stem ginger

1 tsp balsamic vinegar

Method...

Heat the oven to 170ºC and put the peppers in for 25-30 minutes.

Heat the oil and chilli in saucepan for a few minutes, stir in the
rice, cook according to the instructions on the packet

Then, in a bowl, mix the pistachio nuts, carrot, spring onion, mango
and chopped ginger

In a jar, mix the balsamic vinegar, oil, lime juice and syrup and give
it a good shake.

Pour over the carrot and mango mixture, mix well, cover and leave to
infuse.

When the rice is cooked, drain and stir into mixture.

Serve heaped into the pepper boats.

Maybe serve with...

These are lovely just served with a crisp salad.

For those able to eat wheat...

Substitute the rice for 200ml cous cous. Simply sauté the chilli in
oil, add the cous cous, cover with equal amount of boiling water
(200ml) and leave to stand whilst you do everything else. Then fluff it
up with spoon or fork and add to mixture.

For leftover mango, serve it with the divine chocolate pots. Or, thread
some onto the Mediterranean skewers. For leftover spring onions, see
the creamy dip or sublime tomato soup.

Enjoy!

Dame xx
http://www.damefandango.com/vhomepage.htm

A good vegan book Richard Vegan 4 06-09-2007 03:02 AM
New Dame Fandango Vegan Recipe/ e-book Dame General Cooking 1 29-11-2006 05:23 AM
Looking for a good book on vegan nutrition Dave Vegan 7 10-01-2006 01:15 AM
Theatre Recipe Book vintage cook book FA Sarah Mc. General Cooking 0 05-11-2004 02:20 AM
A Challenge To The Vegan Bakers: Help Me Modify This Recipe :Vegan Pumpkin Flax Muffins Steve Vegan 2 27-05-2004 05:07 PM