Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default IS HONEY VEGAN?

I am just starting out as a vegan and am curious as if the group
considers honey to be a vegan food.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

http://www.vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm

"mpoole" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I am just starting out as a vegan and am curious as if the group
> considers honey to be a vegan food.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

That article seems to indicate that it's the exploitation of nature that one
should base their food choices on:

The simple fact is that the bees are enslaved. What? Bees slaves? Yes, bees
as slaves. Or it's dominionism, exploitation of nature, etc.--whatever you
like to call it. As Alice Walker said, "The animals of the world exist for
their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people
were made for white, or women created for men." (I would also add that
plants and the earth were not made for humans either.)

Do we not exploit nature for the consumption of various plants and if so,
were these various plants that man consumes created specifically for that
consumption?

"ontheroad" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> http://www.vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm
>

> "mpoole" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>I am just starting out as a vegan and am curious as if the group
>> considers honey to be a vegan food.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

mpoole wrote:
> I am just starting out as a vegan and am curious as if the group
> considers honey to be a vegan food.

No. Honey is bee spit. And the bees are domesticated. That is a big
no-no, vegan-ethically and all.

But man does it make a kick ass wine. I've got three gallons of the
best pure unpasteurized prairie honey sitting in my pantry waiting for
it to be made into the elixir of life, mead. Good stuff.

I think I'll pop a bottle tonight. 2003 was such a good year for honey.

Oh yeah, and my bees appreciate how I care for them.

TC

Posted to alt.food.vegan

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> mpoole wrote:
>> thats too bad, you seem like a fairly intellegent sort, it seems to be
>> going to waste

> Your first impression was correct. And if I can dissuade one person
> from getting on an unhealthy vegetarian diet, I have not wasted one
> moment in thus ng.

Assuming you mean being vegetarian is unhealthy, what, specifically, is
unhealthy about it?

wrote:

>> > If you are a vegan idiot, then yes I am baiting you. If you are just a
>> > curious non-vegan asking an interesting question, then I'm just being a
>> > smart-ass and mocking the idiot vegans.
>> >
>> > TC

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Scott Smith wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > mpoole wrote:
> >> thats too bad, you seem like a fairly intellegent sort, it seems to be
> >> going to waste

> > Your first impression was correct. And if I can dissuade one person
> > from getting on an unhealthy vegetarian diet, I have not wasted one
> > moment in thus ng.

> Assuming you mean being vegetarian is unhealthy, what, specifically, is
> unhealthy about it?

Guaranteed malnourishment.

TC

wrote:
> [...]

Posted to alt.food.vegan

and this:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...aab2e78d67a2cd

TC

wrote:
> [...]

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 03:27:53 GMT, "Scott Smith" > wrote:

>That article seems to indicate that it's the exploitation of nature that one
>should base their food choices on:
>
>The simple fact is that the bees are enslaved. What? Bees slaves? Yes, bees
>as slaves. Or it's dominionism, exploitation of nature, etc.--whatever you
>like to call it. As Alice Walker said, "The animals of the world exist for
>their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people
>were made for white, or women created for men." (I would also add that
>plants and the earth were not made for humans either.)

1 Corinthians 10
25 Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of
conscience,
26 for, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it."

>Do we not exploit nature for the consumption of various plants and if so,
>were these various plants that man consumes created specifically for that
>consumption?

· The meat industry includes habitats in which a small
variety of animals are raised. The animals in those
habitats, as those in any other, are completely dependant
on them to not only sustain their lives, but they also
depend on them to provide the pairing of sperm and egg
that begin their particular existence. Those animals will
only live if people continue to raise them for food.

Animals that are born to other groups--such as wild
animals, pets, performing animals, etc.--are completely
different groups of animals. Regardless of how many or few
animals are born to these other groups, the billions of animals
which are raised for food will always be dependant on consumers
for their existence. ·
Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:31:43 GMT, "Scott Smith" > wrote:

> wrote in message
oups.com...

>> mpoole wrote:
>>> thats too bad, you seem like a fairly intellegent sort, it seems to be
>>> going to waste

>> Your first impression was correct. And if I can dissuade one person
>> from getting on an unhealthy vegetarian diet, I have not wasted one
>> moment in thus ng.

>Assuming you mean being vegetarian is unhealthy, what, specifically, is
>unhealthy about it?

It reduces the abilities of what was necessarily a somewhat
defective mind to begin with.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

so does negativity