Posted to sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,alt.food.vegan,misc.fitness.weights

Default Just How Many Calories, Then?

"DZ" > wrote in message
> TC > wrote:
>> Bully wrote:
>>> So you're telling me anyone who continues to overeat to the point
>>> where they are obese has got all his/her marbles???

>> You are an idiot. I get so tired of the low IQs around here.

> If there is 1% chance of being called an idiot by Tom,
> and there is 1% chance of being called an idiot by Jerry, then
> what is my total chance of being called an idiot?
>
> Dizzy

100 percent. If you are an idiot someone will notice eventually.

Posted to sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,alt.food.vegan,misc.fitness.weights

TC wrote:
> Bully wrote:
>> Bully wrote:

>>> p.s. ******!

>> Thanks for the sig file!
>>
>> --
>> Bully
>> Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
>>
>> "There are millions who willingly and enthusiastically cut calories
>> to lose weight and end up gaining weight. " - TC

> Hey, a 95% failure rate is not something you can ignore. Unless you
> are an idiot, then anything is possible.
>
> TC

Read this: "There are millions who...cut calories...and end up gaining
weight." Me, idiot? Ha!

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Posted to sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,alt.food.vegan,misc.fitness.weights

"TC" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> It is surprising that debate continues about the effectiveness of
> dietary treatments for obesity. Perhaps this is partly related to
> ambiguity in the term effectiveness. It is well known that most
> treatments produce temporary weight loss. But it is equally well known
> that 90% to 95% of those who lose weight regain it within several
> years.

You notice TC they did not give exception to YOUR suggested eating
regimin. All those fad diets, including your low-carb no grain fad diets
fai and do harm. I can't belive you are citing this study as it shows
how far off the planet you are.

> The failure of fat people to achieve a goal they seem to want - and to
> want almost above all else - must now be admitted for what it is: a
> failure not of those people but of the methods of treatment that are
> used.

Like Low-carb.

> Treat the patient not obesity
>
> Of course obese patients should be treated for illnesses and injuries
> like everyone else. They should be counselled to eat a healthy
> balanced
> diet and to get appropriate amounts of exercise.

Psst, TC, please read the above. BALANCED and EXERCISE .

-DF

Posted to sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,alt.food.vegan,misc.fitness.weights

"TC" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> You are an idiot. I get so tired of the low IQs around here.

Classic TC, take him to task and he resorts to calling names. It's like
arguing with a second grader.

> There are millions who willingly and enthusiastically cut calories to
> lose weight and end up gaining weight.

Yup they do low-carb, Cabbage soup, pills, some asinine fad diet which
no one can sustain. Throw in some form of exercise and take in a few
less calories and it's conforms to what the body wants ands needs. It
also helps self-esteem which can stop the cycle.

> Remember the 95% of people who try to lose weight cutting calories and
> fail?

Almost all pure diet only methods shit the bed.

> These people do not
> "continue to overeat to the point where they are obese". They become
> obese doing exactly what they are told to do in order to to lose
> weight. The calorie counting actually leads either to little or no
> weight loss or, in most cases, to more weight gain.

Not even worth commenting on such ludicrousness.

> Cutting fat and ignoring carbs leads to weight gain.

More Yawn, eating too many calories and not enough exeercise make you
gaihn weight.

I see your still spouting the same old crap. ,

-DF

Posted to sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,alt.food.vegan,misc.fitness.weights

"TC" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hey, a 95% failure rate is not something you can ignore. Unless you
> are
> an idiot, then anything is possible.

You are correct with the percent but haven't clue how to turn it around.
And please don't start spouting off about yourself and what you did.
Anecdotes prove nothing when applied to large numbers.

-DF

Posted to sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,alt.food.vegan,misc.fitness.weights

Doug Freese wrote:
> "TC" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > It is surprising that debate continues about the effectiveness of
> > dietary treatments for obesity. Perhaps this is partly related to
> > ambiguity in the term effectiveness. It is well known that most
> > treatments produce temporary weight loss. But it is equally well known
> > that 90% to 95% of those who lose weight regain it within several
> > years.

> You notice TC they did not give exception to YOUR suggested eating
> regimin. All those fad diets, including your low-carb no grain fad diets
> fai and do harm. I can't belive you are citing this study as it shows
> how far off the planet you are.

This was published before low-carb was big and on their radar screens
in early 2000s. This refers to the commonly prescribed treatment
options which always was low calorie and low fat like LCDs and VLCDs.
Remember they are talking about "treatments" for obesity. The
mainstream has never considered low carb a valid "treatment".

> > The failure of fat people to achieve a goal they seem to want - and to
> > want almost above all else - must now be admitted for what it is: a
> > failure not of those people but of the methods of treatment that are
> > used.

> Like Low-carb.

Nope, it is an indictment of mainly low fat diets.

> > Treat the patient not obesity
> >
> > Of course obese patients should be treated for illnesses and injuries
> > like everyone else. They should be counselled to eat a healthy
> > balanced
> > diet and to get appropriate amounts of exercise.

> Psst, TC, please read the above. BALANCED and EXERCISE .
>

> -DF

The healthy balanced diet being low in highly refined, highly
processed, manufactured crap foods, just as I've been advocating for
years. And having enough nutrient-dense healthy whole food carbs,
animal proteins and healthy animal fats.

For example, the French Paradox. The French eat more animal fats and
less refined carbs and are thinner and healthier than Americans who eat
less animal fats and more refined carbs. And it has nothing to do with
something in the wine. It is primarily the quality of the food that
they eat and especially the quality of the carbs and the fats.

And appropriate amounts of exercise does not mean running marathons
every week. It means being moderately active.

TC

Posted to sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,alt.food.vegan,misc.fitness.weights

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Doug Freese wrote:
> > "TC" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > > It is surprising that debate continues about the effectiveness of
> > > dietary treatments for obesity. Perhaps this is partly related to
> > > ambiguity in the term effectiveness. It is well known that most
> > > treatments produce temporary weight loss. But it is equally well known
> > > that 90% to 95% of those who lose weight regain it within several
> > > years.

> > You notice TC they did not give exception to YOUR suggested eating
> > regimin. All those fad diets, including your low-carb no grain fad diets
> > fai and do harm. I can't belive you are citing this study as it shows
> > how far off the planet you are.

> This was published before low-carb was big and on their radar screens
> in early 2000s. This refers to the commonly prescribed treatment
> options which always was low calorie and low fat like LCDs and VLCDs.
> Remember they are talking about "treatments" for obesity. The
> mainstream has never considered low carb a valid "treatment".
>

> > > The failure of fat people to achieve a goal they seem to want - and to
> > > want almost above all else - must now be admitted for what it is: a
> > > failure not of those people but of the methods of treatment that are
> > > used.

> > Like Low-carb.

> Nope, it is an indictment of mainly low fat diets.
>

> > > Treat the patient not obesity
> > >
> > > Of course obese patients should be treated for illnesses and injuries
> > > like everyone else. They should be counselled to eat a healthy
> > > balanced
> > > diet and to get appropriate amounts of exercise.

> > Psst, TC, please read the above. BALANCED and EXERCISE .
> >

> > -DF

> The healthy balanced diet being low in highly refined, highly
> processed, manufactured crap foods, just as I've been advocating for
> years. And having enough nutrient-dense healthy whole food carbs,
> animal proteins and healthy animal fats.
>
> For example, the French Paradox. The French eat more animal fats and
> less refined carbs and are thinner and healthier than Americans who eat
> less animal fats and more refined carbs. And it has nothing to do with
> something in the wine. It is primarily the quality of the food that
> they eat and especially the quality of the carbs and the fats.

And the olive oil and garlic.

> And appropriate amounts of exercise does not mean running marathons
> every week. It means being moderately active.

Hear hear.

Six miles moderately paced walking today just to get from one place to
another. Fairly routine and no problem. I dislike public transport so unless
I'm in a tearing hurry, I walk everywhere I can.

I wouldn't be seen dead in trainers and a track suit though, making a great
big show of taking exercise, or particularly doing those daft stretching
exercises. Where did they come from? You never saw those a few years ago.
Praps teh public got so used to seeing joggers that they started ignoring
them so some of the joggers had to find a new way to draw attention to
themselves. There was a chap doing em in Regents Park today, stretching away
but looking around at passers-by as he did so, as if he were looking for
some sort of adulation from them!

No offence. If I hadn't gone to a school where it was assumed that we
automatically knew how to play sports and exercise and were taken the mickey
out of rotten if we didn't, *including* by the teachers! - I might have a
better attitude towards sport-heads, joggers etc.

Posted to sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,alt.food.vegan,misc.fitness.weights
TC TC is offline

nemo wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > Doug Freese wrote:
> > > "TC" > wrote in message
> > > oups.com...
> > >
> > > You notice TC they did not give exception to YOUR suggested eating
> > > regimin. All those fad diets, including your low-carb no grain fad diets
> > > fai and do harm. I can't belive you are citing this study as it shows
> > > how far off the planet you are.

> > This was published before low-carb was big and on their radar screens
> > in early 2000s. This refers to the commonly prescribed treatment
> > options which always was low calorie and low fat like LCDs and VLCDs.
> > Remember they are talking about "treatments" for obesity. The
> > mainstream has never considered low carb a valid "treatment".

> > > Like Low-carb.

> > Nope, it is an indictment of mainly low fat diets.

> > > Psst, TC, please read the above. BALANCED and EXERCISE .
> > >

> > > -DF

> > The healthy balanced diet being low in highly refined, highly
> > processed, manufactured crap foods, just as I've been advocating for
> > years. And having enough nutrient-dense healthy whole food carbs,
> > animal proteins and healthy animal fats.
> >
> > For example, the French Paradox. The French eat more animal fats and
> > less refined carbs and are thinner and healthier than Americans who eat
> > less animal fats and more refined carbs. And it has nothing to do with
> > something in the wine. It is primarily the quality of the food that
> > they eat and especially the quality of the carbs and the fats.

> And the olive oil and garlic.

Extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil and garlic fresh from the garden
or the market.

As opposed to American extra filtered, high temperature pressed,
processed clear remnants of something that used to be olive oil and
garlic powder or garlic salt from a bottle that's been sitting on the
shelf for months..

> > And appropriate amounts of exercise does not mean running marathons
> > every week. It means being moderately active.
> >

> Hear hear.
>
> Six miles moderately paced walking today just to get from one place to
> another. Fairly routine and no problem. I dislike public transport so unless
> I'm in a tearing hurry, I walk everywhere I can.

Walking rocks. So does gardening. And puttering around the house. And
woodworking. And other light activities. And skating for fun. And a bit
of baseball. Or catch. Or street hockey. Just mowing around and
enjoying life.

As opposed to running lengthy distances way beyond the human bodies
naturally designed capacity on a regular basis.

> I wouldn't be seen dead in trainers and a track suit though, making a great
> big show of taking exercise, or particularly doing those daft stretching
> exercises. Where did they come from? You never saw those a few years ago.
> Praps teh public got so used to seeing joggers that they started ignoring
> them so some of the joggers had to find a new way to draw attention to
> themselves. There was a chap doing em in Regents Park today, stretching away
> but looking around at passers-by as he did so, as if he were looking for
> some sort of adulation from them!
>
> No offence. If I hadn't gone to a school where it was assumed that we
> automatically knew how to play sports and exercise and were taken the mickey
> out of rotten if we didn't, *including* by the teachers! - I might have a
> better attitude towards sport-heads, joggers etc.

Posted to sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,alt.food.vegan,misc.fitness.weights

TC wrote:
> nemo wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>>> This was published before low-carb was big and on their radar
>>> screens in early 2000s. This refers to the commonly prescribed
>>> treatment options which always was low calorie and low fat like
>>> LCDs and VLCDs. Remember they are talking about "treatments" for
>>> obesity. The mainstream has never considered low carb a valid
>>> "treatment".

>>> Nope, it is an indictment of mainly low fat diets.

>>> The healthy balanced diet being low in highly refined, highly
>>> processed, manufactured crap foods, just as I've been advocating for
>>> years. And having enough nutrient-dense healthy whole food carbs,
>>> animal proteins and healthy animal fats.
>>>
>>> For example, the French Paradox. The French eat more animal fats and
>>> less refined carbs and are thinner and healthier than Americans who
>>> eat less animal fats and more refined carbs. And it has nothing to
>>> do with something in the wine. It is primarily the quality of the
>>> food that they eat and especially the quality of the carbs and the
>>> fats.

>> And the olive oil and garlic.

> Extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil and garlic fresh from the garden
> or the market.
>
> As opposed to American extra filtered, high temperature pressed,
> processed clear remnants of something that used to be olive oil and
> garlic powder or garlic salt from a bottle that's been sitting on the
> shelf for months..
>

>>> And appropriate amounts of exercise does not mean running marathons
>>> every week. It means being moderately active.
>>>

>> Hear hear.
>>
>> Six miles moderately paced walking today just to get from one place
>> to another. Fairly routine and no problem. I dislike public
>> transport so unless I'm in a tearing hurry, I walk everywhere I can.

> Walking rocks.

Funny !

> So does gardening.

Funnier !!

> And puttering around the house.

Funniest !!!

> And woodworking. And other light activities. And skating for fun. And a
> bit of baseball. Or catch. Or street hockey. Just mowing around and
> enjoying life.
>
> As opposed to running lengthy distances way beyond the human bodies
> naturally designed capacity on a regular basis.

[...]

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Posted to sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,alt.food.vegan,misc.fitness.weights

Just How Many Calories, Then?

Not too many. And, Not too little either. But, just right. Like the
three Little Bears nursery rhyme.

There, now wasn't that simple?

Posted to sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,alt.food.vegan,misc.fitness.weights

"Bully" > wrote in message
> TC wrote:
> >> ups.com...

> >> And the olive oil and garlic.

> > Extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil and garlic fresh from the garden
> > or the market.
> >
> > As opposed to American extra filtered, high temperature pressed,
> > processed clear remnants of something that used to be olive oil and
> > garlic powder or garlic salt from a bottle that's been sitting on the
> > shelf for months..

> >> Hear hear.
> >>
> >> Six miles moderately paced walking today just to get from one place
> >> to another. Fairly routine and no problem. I dislike public
> >> transport so unless I'm in a tearing hurry, I walk everywhere I can.

> > Walking rocks.

> Funny !
>
> > So does gardening.

> Funnier !!
>
> > And puttering around the house.

> Funniest !!!

Aha! Someone who obviously thinks that by risking injury by taking way OTT
heavy exercise will make his willie grow bigger!

Posted to sci.life-extension,sci.med.nutrition,alt.support.diet,alt.food.vegan,misc.fitness.weights

nemo wrote:
> "Bully" > wrote in message
>> TC wrote:

>>> Extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil and garlic fresh from the
>>> garden or the market.
>>>
>>> As opposed to American extra filtered, high temperature pressed,
>>> processed clear remnants of something that used to be olive oil and
>>> garlic powder or garlic salt from a bottle that's been sitting on
>>> the shelf for months..

>>> Walking rocks.

>> Funny !
>>
>>> So does gardening.

>> Funnier !!
>>
>>> And puttering around the house.

>> Funniest !!!
>>

> Aha! Someone who obviously thinks that by risking injury by taking
> way OTT heavy exercise will make his willie grow bigger!

Knob off, fatty.

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Sushi calories Jimbo Higgins Asian Cooking 1 18-04-2011 08:15 AM
Sushi calories Jimbo Higgins Diabetic 0 14-04-2011 05:26 PM
200 calories looks like this; 300 like this modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] General Cooking 7 31-12-2008 03:19 PM
Calories Tom Winemaking 6 21-11-2006 11:21 PM
Calories Andy Petro Preserving 9 14-08-2004 12:59 PM