Posted to alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan

Default Dr. Michael Greger M.D.: Bird Flu: A Virus Of Our Own Hatchng

Dr. Michael Greger M.D., of the Humane Society Of The United States has a
new book out: "Bird Flu: A Virus of Our Own Hatching," is out. You can
buy it or read it online at http://www.BirdFluBook.org

It has 3000 references ( hyperlinked too )

All proceeds from the book will go to pro-animal charities.

From the introduction:

"H5N1, the new killer strain of avian influenza spreading out of Asia, has only killed about a hundred people as of 2006. In a world in which millions die of diseases like malaria, tuberculosis, and AIDS, why is there so much concern about bird flu?

Because it's happened before. Because an influenza pandemic in 1918 became
the deadliest plague in human history, killing up to 100 million people
around the world. Because the 1918 flu virus was likely a bird flu virus.
Because that virus made more than a quarter of all Americans ill and
killed more people in 25 weeks than AIDS has killed in 25 years yet in
1918, the case mortality rate was less than 5 percent. H5N1, on the other
hand, has officially killed half of its human victims."
Posted to alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan

Default Dr. Michael Greger M.D.and Vegan Propagandist: Bird Flu: A Virus Of Our Own Hatchng

Propaganda.

TC