Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Keeping pets

Hi,
I've been a devout vegan now for about a year or something and i was
wondering what you guys think of keeping pets? I'm thinking about getting a
pet snake but wasn't really sure if it's ok as a strict vegan. I figured i'd
just feed it tofu or something like that.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Body Dibiase wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been a devout vegan now for about a year or something and i was
> wondering what you guys think of keeping pets? I'm thinking about getting a
> pet snake but wasn't really sure if it's ok as a strict vegan. I figured i'd
> just feed it tofu or something like that.

The snake will die. They are carnivorous and should NOT be fed vegan.
Same with cats and dogs.

If you want a vegan pet, try a budgie or a hamster.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Body Dibiase wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been a devout vegan now for about a year or something and i was
> wondering what you guys think of keeping pets? I'm thinking about getting a
> pet snake but wasn't really sure if it's ok as a strict vegan. I figured i'd
> just feed it tofu or something like that.

Yeah. Feed it tofu and let us know how long it survives. Idiot.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Why would it die? Tofu is better for you than meat while providing the
essential protein contained in meat. It tastes better too.

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Body Dibiase wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've been a devout vegan now for about a year or something and i was
>> wondering what you guys think of keeping pets? I'm thinking about getting
>> pet snake but wasn't really sure if it's ok as a strict vegan. I figured
>> i'd
>> just feed it tofu or something like that.

> The snake will die. They are carnivorous and should NOT be fed vegan.
> Same with cats and dogs.
>
> If you want a vegan pet, try a budgie or a hamster.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Body Dibiase wrote:
> Why would it die? Tofu is better for you than meat while providing the
> essential protein contained in meat. It tastes better too.

For us humans, I would agree with the above (although most people
believe humans should be omnivores). But a snake is a complete and
total carnivore. To force it to eat otherwise (which might be
difficult in itself) is an example of animal cruelty.

If you want a vegan home, consider a budgie or hamster. I'm serious.
You'll only cause suffering and probably death to a snake/cat/dog if
you withhold meat.

And read, read, read. Know everything you can to make your pet a happy
one.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Body Dibiase" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> I've been a devout vegan now for about a year or something and
> i was wondering what you guys think of keeping pets? I'm
> thinking about getting a pet snake but wasn't really sure if
> it's ok as a strict vegan. I figured i'd just feed it tofu or
> something like that.

You're not really a vegan, fool...

PETS ANIMALS lynas General Cooking 0 22-08-2008 04:02 AM
For the pets The Spaminator General Cooking 0 03-11-2006 10:32 PM
Eat Your Pets Edward M. Kennedy General Cooking 16 03-06-2006 02:39 PM
Eat Your Pets Edward M. Kennedy Barbecue 12 03-06-2006 02:39 PM
alt.pets.barbecue JOE MCC Barbecue 3 01-11-2003 02:55 PM