Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Meatout Mondays

I recently found out about this news letter called "Meatout Mondays",
each week you get a SHORT html page emailed to you ( you can also read
it on the web ) with a vegan recipe and some vegan, AR info:

http://www.meatoutmondays.org/archive.htm

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Steve" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I recently found out about this news letter called "Meatout
>Mondays",
> each week you get a SHORT html page emailed to you ( you can
> also read
> it on the web ) with a vegan recipe and some vegan, AR info:
>
> http://www.meatoutmondays.org/archive.htm

It's a site full of idiocy, delusions and lys...

Take one example, water.

"Animal agriculture's insatiable demand for land presses into
service arid lands that require irrigation. Irrigation now
accounts for more than half of all water available for use in the
US."

Total US water withdrawals, both freshwater and salt water, for
ALL uses...
408,000 Mgal/day. Note that irrigation and livestock acount for
only about 35% of that total.
http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/totpie95.html

Here's a list of crops that are irrigated in the US and the
percent that they are irrigated.
http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/ircropbar.html

You'll note, if you have a comprehending brain left, that the
list is top-heavy with crops for you and me.
Besides, the page you posted tried to dishonestly imply that it
was the fault of animals that irrigation takes place.
There is no requirement to feed any crops to cattle.

Now, as for environemental damage and habitat destruction, you
can't beat your mono-culture crop production for your foods,
killer.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

thanks

regards