Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Vegan and your Back

I have back problems and just threw my back out with a sneeze. This is the
worst I have ever screwed up my back. I'm 59, small boned, 6'1" and 190
pounds. I've tried the vegan diet and it is the best diet but like most
people I quit to many times. I think that eating 80% of calories to maintain
your ideal weight is the way to go and in doing so you loose weight.(This is
just a personal idea which has been thrown around for a couple of decades).
So if I go down to 175 it will get rid of my medium size stomach and give me
good health. By getting rid of what stomach I have will be better for my
back. After the pain I have experience I believe I will be staying with the
vegan diet. I'm writing this so I can be part of the news group and learn
more as I go.

Richard

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Dicky wrote:

> I have back problems and just threw my back out with a sneeze.

Sammy Sosa did that a couple seasons ago and missed several weeks.

> This is the
> worst I have ever screwed up my back. I'm 59, small boned, 6'1" and
> 190 pounds. I've tried the vegan diet

Veganism isn't a diet, dipstick. Veganism is a form of animal rights --
it's 100% political.

> and it is the best diet

No, it really isn't.

> but like most people I quit to many times.

Because it's irrational and too restrictive.

> I think that eating 80% of
> calories to maintain your ideal weight is the way to go

Way to go where?

> and in doing
> so you loose weight.

You can also lose weight by swimming or running and/or adopting Atkins
or South Beach. Your point is...?

> (This is just a personal idea which has been
> thrown around for a couple of decades).

Thrown around by a twit with a bad back who thinks veganism (politics,
not diet) is "the best." Haha.

> So if I go down to 175 it
> will get rid of my medium size stomach and give me good health.

No, diet alone won't fix a bad back.

> By
> getting rid of what stomach I have will be better for my back.

Slightly, but not enough to address whatever underlying issues you have.
And I mean the mental ones (such as your eating disorder) as much as the
physical ones.

> After
> the pain I have experience I believe I will be staying with the vegan
> diet.

You win the Non Sequitur of the Year. Wanna know what the prize is?
Lots of ridicule and shame for being such a twit.

Veganism will NOT cure your back, dummy.

> I'm writing this so I can be part of the news group and learn
> more as I go.

Your posts to this group over the last couple of years have gotten
increasingly whiny and unbecoming. If veganism is so good and virtuous,
why do you need so much affirmation from yourself and from others? We
already know you enjoy your hamburgers. Why deprive yourself any
satisfaction or happiness? Burger King didn't give you a bad back. Get
a life, be a man, and eat whatever the **** you want.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

You know Chiclet, you're really quite a miserable ****. Do you hang
around vegetarian newsgroups because you like to be hated?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Skanky, 46 year-old socially-retarded orthorexic shut-in who smokes
pot and watches soap operas all day, wrote:

> You know

Veganism isn't a cure for back pain, dummy. It's not a cure for
anything.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Thanks Scented Nector. If my stomach is too big then I think getting rid of
it should help the back. If chico answers any of my posts I just won't open
them. Thanks again.

Richard

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> You know Chiclet, you're really quite a miserable ****. Do you hang
> around vegetarian newsgroups because you like to be hated?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

girly-man Richard Miller wrote:

> Thanks Scented Nector. If my stomach is too big then I think getting
> rid of it should help the back.

What does that have to do with veganism, you silly old man? Like I
wrote, you can lose weight any number of ways. Why do you keep using
veganism as some sort of crutch?

> If chico answers any of my posts I
> just won't open them.

Open your mind sometime. It'll do wonders for you and your eating
disorder.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Richard Miller wrote:
> Thanks Scented Nector. If my stomach is too big then I think getting rid of
> it should help the back. If chico answers any of my posts I just won't open
> them. Thanks again.
>
> Richard

Eating animal-sourced foods will provide your body with collagen to
help repair your ****ed-up back. Plant sourced foods won't, period.
Ligaments and tendons and joints depend heavily on collagen for their
strength, elasticity and general health.

Also go see a medical person who can give you appropriate exercises to
help strengthen the musculature and the ligaments and tendons. Just
don't let them talk you into drugs and surgery like they tend to want
to do.

Sitting on your ass eating plant based crap food is not going to help
you health.

TC