Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals

Default rice deaths vs. road kill, attn. "pearl"

In their desperate attempts to conceal the fact that there are a
great number of animal deaths involved with the production of rice,
"aras" have been trying to get away with various tricks of deception
as well as just simple unsupported denial. "pearl" posted claims from
a rice farmer which I doubted, and still am not convinced of:

"Regrettably, there probably are some small animal deaths. However,
the number of deaths in a mile of rice harvesting pales in comparison to
the road kill on a mile of highway. Harvesters move slowly, and they are
not the high speed machines described in this article." - Kent Lundberg

Though there may be some element of truth in what Lunberg told her,
her dishonesty regarding the very presence of frogs in rice fields was
so extreme that it's great reason to distrust anything else she presents.
While searching for info on the subject, this did appear to back up
Lunberg's claim that there are a significant number of animals killed
on highways, but it also lets us know that contrary to "pearls"
unsupported and apparently very dishonest claim regarding frogs
in rice fields, it's more than likely that a LOT of frogs (and other animals)
are killed in rice production as well:
Some roads, like U.S. 441 across Payne's Prairie in Alachua
County, and the Tamiami Trail that runs across Florida from
Miami to Tampa, are virtual abattoirs, greased with the gory
little bodies of "anurans," as frogs and toads are called
scientifically. "On Aug. 5, 1991 I stopped counting after
10,000," biologist Jim Weimer said in a 1996 interview,
describing a single night on U.S. 441 across Payne's Prairie.
"This was just one night. On May 2, 1991, there were over
5,000 Southern Leopard Frogs killed."

http://www.cnah.org/news.asp
Since sometimes 10,000 frogs are killed in one night just by cars driving
down roads that frogs do not actually live on, only a fool would believe
there are not many many more killed in a day or two of machinery doing
the following to rice fields which such animals do live in:

http://tinyurl.com/kgdll
http://tinyurl.com/gbl56
http://tinyurl.com/g9qw8

With the combined information it should now be clear to anyone willing
to think about it realistically that even if more animals are killed on
highways than in rice production, many thousands are killed for rice
none the less, and many more thousands than that die from predators
after their shelter and habitat (the rice plants) have been removed.

Note: Paynes Prairie State Preserve has since constructed animal
protection walls:

http://tinyurl.com/jpr2z

along U.S. 441:

http://tinyurl.com/m4dz2
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals

wrote:
> In their desperate attempts to conceal the fact that there are a
> great number of animal deaths involved with the production of rice,
> "aras" have been trying to get away with various tricks of deception
> as well as just simple unsupported denial. "pearl" posted claims from
> a rice farmer which I doubted, and still am not convinced of:
>
> "Regrettably, there probably are some small animal deaths. However,
> the number of deaths in a mile of rice harvesting pales in comparison to
> the road kill on a mile of highway. Harvesters move slowly, and they are
> not the high speed machines described in this article." - Kent Lundberg
>
> Though there may be some element of truth in what Lunberg told her,
> her dishonesty regarding the very presence of frogs in rice fields was
> so extreme that it's great reason to distrust anything else she presents.
> While searching for info on the subject, this did appear to back up
> Lunberg's claim that there are a significant number of animals killed
> on highways, but it also lets us know that contrary to "pearls"
> unsupported and apparently very dishonest claim regarding frogs
> in rice fields, it's more than likely that a LOT of frogs (and other animals)
> are killed in rice production as well:
> __________________________________________________ _______
> Some roads, like U.S. 441 across Payne's Prairie in Alachua
> County, and the Tamiami Trail that runs across Florida from
> Miami to Tampa, are virtual abattoirs, greased with the gory
> little bodies of "anurans," as frogs and toads are called
> scientifically. "On Aug. 5, 1991 I stopped counting after
> 10,000," biologist Jim Weimer said in a 1996 interview,
> describing a single night on U.S. 441 across Payne's Prairie.
> "This was just one night. On May 2, 1991, there were over
> 5,000 Southern Leopard Frogs killed."

http://www.cnah.org/news.asp
> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
> Since sometimes 10,000 frogs are killed in one night just by cars driving
> down roads that frogs do not actually live on, only a fool would believe
> there are not many many more killed in a day or two of machinery doing
> the following to rice fields which such animals do live in:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/kgdll
> http://tinyurl.com/gbl56
> http://tinyurl.com/g9qw8
>
> With the combined information it should now be clear to anyone willing
> to think about it realistically that even if more animals are killed on
> highways than in rice production, many thousands are killed for rice
> none the less, and many more thousands than that die from predators
> after their shelter and habitat (the rice plants) have been removed.
>
> Note: Paynes Prairie State Preserve has since constructed animal
> protection walls:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/jpr2z
>
> along U.S. 441:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/m4dz2

Could we have some photographic evidence of these kills in the rice
fields?

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals

On 6 Sep 2006 09:31:28 -0700, "shrubkiller" >
wrote:

>Could we have some evidence...

You have been posting to misc.rural under the aliases of Guppy the
Corpse Pumper, Banmilk, Ron, Ricky's Babysitter, Leif Erickson's
Smarter Brother, Anybody23, BCPG, Kickin' Faggots Ass, and Whining
Crawling Bawl.

Pursuant to the policies set forth on misc.rural you have exceeded the
allowable number of fake posting ID's. We have no choice but to
request that you cease and desist from posting to this group again.

We must enforce this policy as there are twenty-three people on the
waiting list to get in over here and we need to clear out space for
them.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Sock Puppet Enforcement Bureau

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals

wrote:
> [...]
>> there are not many many more killed in a day or two of machinery doing
>> the following to rice fields which such animals do live in:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/kgdll
>> http://tinyurl.com/gbl56
>> http://tinyurl.com/g9qw8
>>
>> With the combined information it should now be clear to anyone willing
>> to think about it realistically that even if more animals are killed on
>> highways than in rice production, many thousands are killed for rice
>> none the less, and many more thousands than that die from predators
>> after their shelter and habitat (the rice plants) have been removed.
>>
>> Note: Paynes Prairie State Preserve has since constructed animal
>> protection walls:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/jpr2z
>>
>> along U.S. 441:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/m4dz2

>Could we have some photographic evidence of these kills in the rice

You have, but don't care. Are you saying we shouldn't
care about ANY cds, or that we should only not care about
the ones associated with rice production? If you would
allow us to care about any of them, which ones and why
are they different than those you feel we should not care
about?