Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

Default Soy vs Cow

SOY versus COW'S MILK

Let's compare 100-gram portions (3.5 ounces) of soymilk vs.
cow's milk:

Cow's milk has 61 calories. Soymilk has 33 calories. Cow's
milk contains 3.34 grams of fat. Soymilk contains 1.91 grams
of fat.

Cow's milk has 14 milligrams of cholesterol and no dietary
fiber. Soymilk contains 1.3 grams of fiber and has zero
cholesterol.

Cow's milk contains a full range of amino acids. Soymilk
also contains a full range of amino acids.

Both contain plenty of protein. Cow's milk actually has one-
half gram more protein than the 100-gram portion of soymilk.

Soymilk contains greater amounts of certain amino acids
including arginine, alanine, aspartic acid, and glycine.

Arginine slows the growth of cancers by strengthening the
immune system. Alanine aids in the metabolism of sugars.
Aspartic acid increases stamina and plays a vital role in
metabolism, acting as an anti-oxidant. Glycine is necessary
for brain and nervous system functioning and muscle/energy
metabolism.

When milk is pasteurized, Vitamins A, C, and D are
destroyed. The same can be said for those vitamins when
soymilk is manufactured. Soymilk does contain more than four
times the amount of thiamin (Vitamin B-1) and nearly twice
the amount of niacin (Vitamin B-3) as does cow's milk.

Soymilk also contains more magnesium, copper, and manganese
than does cow's milk. In order to absorb calcium, one needs
magnesium. Copper also aids in bone formation. One early
sign of osteoporosis is a deficiency in copper. Soymilk
contains twelve times the amount of copper as does cow's
milk. Soymilk also contains 42 times the amount of manganese
as does cow's milk. Manganese is also needed for bone
formation. People with anemia rely upon manganese for iron
storage. Trace amounts of manganese are essential for neural
transmissions, protein metabolism, and many other body
functions.

http://www.soytoy.com/soyvsmilk.html

Copyright 2001 Robert Cohen

http://www.soytoy.com

http://www.notmilk.com

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> SOY versus COW'S MILK
>
> Let's compare 100-gram portions (3.5 ounces) of soymilk vs.
> cow's milk:
>
> Cow's milk has 61 calories. Soymilk has 33 calories. Cow's
> milk contains 3.34 grams of fat. Soymilk contains 1.91 grams
> of fat.
>
> Cow's milk has 14 milligrams of cholesterol and no dietary
> fiber. Soymilk contains 1.3 grams of fiber and has zero
> cholesterol.
>
> Cow's milk contains a full range of amino acids. Soymilk
> also contains a full range of amino acids.
>
> Both contain plenty of protein. Cow's milk actually has one-
> half gram more protein than the 100-gram portion of soymilk.
>
> Soymilk contains greater amounts of certain amino acids
> including arginine, alanine, aspartic acid, and glycine.
>
> Arginine slows the growth of cancers by strengthening the
> immune system. Alanine aids in the metabolism of sugars.
> Aspartic acid increases stamina and plays a vital role in
> metabolism, acting as an anti-oxidant. Glycine is necessary
> for brain and nervous system functioning and muscle/energy
> metabolism.
>
> When milk is pasteurized, Vitamins A, C, and D are
> destroyed. The same can be said for those vitamins when
> soymilk is manufactured. Soymilk does contain more than four
> times the amount of thiamin (Vitamin B-1) and nearly twice
> the amount of niacin (Vitamin B-3) as does cow's milk.
>
> Soymilk also contains more magnesium, copper, and manganese
> than does cow's milk. In order to absorb calcium, one needs
> magnesium. Copper also aids in bone formation. One early
> sign of osteoporosis is a deficiency in copper. Soymilk
> contains twelve times the amount of copper as does cow's
> milk. Soymilk also contains 42 times the amount of manganese
> as does cow's milk. Manganese is also needed for bone
> formation. People with anemia rely upon manganese for iron
> storage. Trace amounts of manganese are essential for neural
> transmissions, protein metabolism, and many other body
> functions.

So why does Toxic Carnivore (TC) say soy is not food?

George

> http://www.soytoy.com/soyvsmilk.html
>

> Copyright 2001 Robert Cohen
>
> http://www.soytoy.com
>
> http://www.notmilk.com

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

George Cherry wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > SOY versus COW'S MILK
> >
> > Let's compare 100-gram portions (3.5 ounces) of soymilk vs.
> > cow's milk:
> >
> > Cow's milk has 61 calories. Soymilk has 33 calories. Cow's
> > milk contains 3.34 grams of fat. Soymilk contains 1.91 grams
> > of fat.
> >
> > Cow's milk has 14 milligrams of cholesterol and no dietary
> > fiber. Soymilk contains 1.3 grams of fiber and has zero
> > cholesterol.
> >
> > Cow's milk contains a full range of amino acids. Soymilk
> > also contains a full range of amino acids.
> >
> > Both contain plenty of protein. Cow's milk actually has one-
> > half gram more protein than the 100-gram portion of soymilk.
> >
> > Soymilk contains greater amounts of certain amino acids
> > including arginine, alanine, aspartic acid, and glycine.
> >
> > Arginine slows the growth of cancers by strengthening the
> > immune system. Alanine aids in the metabolism of sugars.
> > Aspartic acid increases stamina and plays a vital role in
> > metabolism, acting as an anti-oxidant. Glycine is necessary
> > for brain and nervous system functioning and muscle/energy
> > metabolism.
> >
> > When milk is pasteurized, Vitamins A, C, and D are
> > destroyed. The same can be said for those vitamins when
> > soymilk is manufactured. Soymilk does contain more than four
> > times the amount of thiamin (Vitamin B-1) and nearly twice
> > the amount of niacin (Vitamin B-3) as does cow's milk.
> >
> > Soymilk also contains more magnesium, copper, and manganese
> > than does cow's milk. In order to absorb calcium, one needs
> > magnesium. Copper also aids in bone formation. One early
> > sign of osteoporosis is a deficiency in copper. Soymilk
> > contains twelve times the amount of copper as does cow's
> > milk. Soymilk also contains 42 times the amount of manganese
> > as does cow's milk. Manganese is also needed for bone
> > formation. People with anemia rely upon manganese for iron
> > storage. Trace amounts of manganese are essential for neural
> > transmissions, protein metabolism, and many other body
> > functions.

> So why does Toxic Carnivore (TC) say soy is not food?

Umm........'cause he's a nipplehead?

> George
>
> > http://www.soytoy.com/soyvsmilk.html
> >

> > Copyright 2001 Robert Cohen
> >
> > http://www.soytoy.com
> >
> > http://www.notmilk.com

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan
TC TC is offline

wrote:
> SOY versus COW'S MILK
>
> Let's compare 100-gram portions (3.5 ounces) of soymilk vs.
> cow's milk:
>
> Cow's milk has 61 calories. Soymilk has 33 calories. Cow's
> milk contains 3.34 grams of fat. Soymilk contains 1.91 grams
> of fat.
>
> Cow's milk has 14 milligrams of cholesterol and no dietary
> fiber. Soymilk contains 1.3 grams of fiber and has zero
> cholesterol.
>
> Cow's milk contains a full range of amino acids. Soymilk
> also contains a full range of amino acids.
>
> Both contain plenty of protein. Cow's milk actually has one-
> half gram more protein than the 100-gram portion of soymilk.
>
> Soymilk contains greater amounts of certain amino acids
> including arginine, alanine, aspartic acid, and glycine.
>
> Arginine slows the growth of cancers by strengthening the
> immune system. Alanine aids in the metabolism of sugars.
> Aspartic acid increases stamina and plays a vital role in
> metabolism, acting as an anti-oxidant. Glycine is necessary
> for brain and nervous system functioning and muscle/energy
> metabolism.
>
> When milk is pasteurized, Vitamins A, C, and D are
> destroyed. The same can be said for those vitamins when
> soymilk is manufactured. Soymilk does contain more than four
> times the amount of thiamin (Vitamin B-1) and nearly twice
> the amount of niacin (Vitamin B-3) as does cow's milk.
>
> Soymilk also contains more magnesium, copper, and manganese
> than does cow's milk. In order to absorb calcium, one needs
> magnesium. Copper also aids in bone formation. One early
> sign of osteoporosis is a deficiency in copper. Soymilk
> contains twelve times the amount of copper as does cow's
> milk. Soymilk also contains 42 times the amount of manganese
> as does cow's milk. Manganese is also needed for bone
> formation. People with anemia rely upon manganese for iron
> storage. Trace amounts of manganese are essential for neural
> transmissions, protein metabolism, and many other body
> functions.

http://www.soytoy.com/soyvsmilk.html

> Copyright 2001 Robert Cohen
>
> http://www.soytoy.com
>
> http://www.notmilk.com

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtsoy.html

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/tragedy.html

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/complaints.html

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/infant.html

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/ploy.html

TC

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

Super. You present facts as they. What, then, is all the hullabaloo
about soy milk, and especially that made from genetically modified soy?

James
http://www.gmoafrica.org
wrote:
> SOY versus COW'S MILK
>
> Let's compare 100-gram portions (3.5 ounces) of soymilk vs.
> cow's milk:
>
> Cow's milk has 61 calories. Soymilk has 33 calories. Cow's
> milk contains 3.34 grams of fat. Soymilk contains 1.91 grams
> of fat.
>
> Cow's milk has 14 milligrams of cholesterol and no dietary
> fiber. Soymilk contains 1.3 grams of fiber and has zero
> cholesterol.
>
> Cow's milk contains a full range of amino acids. Soymilk
> also contains a full range of amino acids.
>
> Both contain plenty of protein. Cow's milk actually has one-
> half gram more protein than the 100-gram portion of soymilk.
>
> Soymilk contains greater amounts of certain amino acids
> including arginine, alanine, aspartic acid, and glycine.
>
> Arginine slows the growth of cancers by strengthening the
> immune system. Alanine aids in the metabolism of sugars.
> Aspartic acid increases stamina and plays a vital role in
> metabolism, acting as an anti-oxidant. Glycine is necessary
> for brain and nervous system functioning and muscle/energy
> metabolism.
>
> When milk is pasteurized, Vitamins A, C, and D are
> destroyed. The same can be said for those vitamins when
> soymilk is manufactured. Soymilk does contain more than four
> times the amount of thiamin (Vitamin B-1) and nearly twice
> the amount of niacin (Vitamin B-3) as does cow's milk.
>
> Soymilk also contains more magnesium, copper, and manganese
> than does cow's milk. In order to absorb calcium, one needs
> magnesium. Copper also aids in bone formation. One early
> sign of osteoporosis is a deficiency in copper. Soymilk
> contains twelve times the amount of copper as does cow's
> milk. Soymilk also contains 42 times the amount of manganese
> as does cow's milk. Manganese is also needed for bone
> formation. People with anemia rely upon manganese for iron
> storage. Trace amounts of manganese are essential for neural
> transmissions, protein metabolism, and many other body
> functions.

http://www.soytoy.com/soyvsmilk.html

> Copyright 2001 Robert Cohen
>
> http://www.soytoy.com
>
> http://www.notmilk.com

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

· From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised

Here we see plowing:
http://tinyurl.com/8fmxe

and here harrowing:
http://tinyurl.com/zqr2v

both of which kill animals by crushing, mutilation, suffocation,
and exposing them to predators. We can see that planting
kills in similar ways:
http://tinyurl.com/k6sku

and killing with insecticides should be apparent even to you:
http://tinyurl.com/ew2j5

Harvesting kills of course by crushing and mutilation, and
it also removes the surviving animals' food and exposes
them to predators:
http://tinyurl.com/otp5l

In the case of rice there's additional killing as well caused
by flooding:
http://tinyurl.com/qhqx3

and later by draining after a new environment is established,
then destroyed before harvest:
http://tinyurl.com/mte43

Please explain how you think cattle eating grass:
http://tinyurl.com/q7whm
could cause anywhere near as much suffering and death.
Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

good post

there are plenty of 'medical labs' which says this is good, this is
bad.
and equal number of labs which refutes them.

so, who to believe?

drink in moderation, go organic.

wrote:
> SOY versus COW'S MILK
>
> Let's compare 100-gram portions (3.5 ounces) of soymilk vs.
> cow's milk:
>
> Cow's milk has 61 calories. Soymilk has 33 calories. Cow's
> milk contains 3.34 grams of fat. Soymilk contains 1.91 grams
> of fat.
>
> Cow's milk has 14 milligrams of cholesterol and no dietary
> fiber. Soymilk contains 1.3 grams of fiber and has zero
> cholesterol.
>
> Cow's milk contains a full range of amino acids. Soymilk
> also contains a full range of amino acids.
>
> Both contain plenty of protein. Cow's milk actually has one-
> half gram more protein than the 100-gram portion of soymilk.
>
> Soymilk contains greater amounts of certain amino acids
> including arginine, alanine, aspartic acid, and glycine.
>
> Arginine slows the growth of cancers by strengthening the
> immune system. Alanine aids in the metabolism of sugars.
> Aspartic acid increases stamina and plays a vital role in
> metabolism, acting as an anti-oxidant. Glycine is necessary
> for brain and nervous system functioning and muscle/energy
> metabolism.
>
> When milk is pasteurized, Vitamins A, C, and D are
> destroyed. The same can be said for those vitamins when
> soymilk is manufactured. Soymilk does contain more than four
> times the amount of thiamin (Vitamin B-1) and nearly twice
> the amount of niacin (Vitamin B-3) as does cow's milk.
>
> Soymilk also contains more magnesium, copper, and manganese
> than does cow's milk. In order to absorb calcium, one needs
> magnesium. Copper also aids in bone formation. One early
> sign of osteoporosis is a deficiency in copper. Soymilk
> contains twelve times the amount of copper as does cow's
> milk. Soymilk also contains 42 times the amount of manganese
> as does cow's milk. Manganese is also needed for bone
> formation. People with anemia rely upon manganese for iron
> storage. Trace amounts of manganese are essential for neural
> transmissions, protein metabolism, and many other body
> functions.

http://www.soytoy.com/soyvsmilk.html

> Copyright 2001 Robert Cohen
>
> http://www.soytoy.com
>
> http://www.notmilk.com

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

Nick Chan wrote:

> good post

No, it isn't. It's from a site that sells soymilk makers.

> there are plenty of 'medical labs' which says this is good, this is
> bad.

And plenty of crass soymilk machine peddlers who say soy is good, milk
is bad. Go figure!

> and equal number of labs which refutes them.
>
> so, who to believe?

Not someone shilling soymilk machines.

> drink in moderation,

Beer?

> go organic.

No ****ing way. Stop shilling for the organic industry and get them to
play by the same rules -- truth in labelling, product testing, etc. --
everyone else has to.

> wrote:
> > SOY versus COW'S MILK
> >
> > Let's compare 100-gram portions (3.5 ounces) of soymilk vs.
> > cow's milk:
> >
> > Cow's milk has 61 calories. Soymilk has 33 calories. Cow's
> > milk contains 3.34 grams of fat. Soymilk contains 1.91 grams
> > of fat.
> >
> > Cow's milk has 14 milligrams of cholesterol and no dietary
> > fiber. Soymilk contains 1.3 grams of fiber and has zero
> > cholesterol.
> >
> > Cow's milk contains a full range of amino acids. Soymilk
> > also contains a full range of amino acids.
> >
> > Both contain plenty of protein. Cow's milk actually has one-
> > half gram more protein than the 100-gram portion of soymilk.
> >
> > Soymilk contains greater amounts of certain amino acids
> > including arginine, alanine, aspartic acid, and glycine.
> >
> > Arginine slows the growth of cancers by strengthening the
> > immune system. Alanine aids in the metabolism of sugars.
> > Aspartic acid increases stamina and plays a vital role in
> > metabolism, acting as an anti-oxidant. Glycine is necessary
> > for brain and nervous system functioning and muscle/energy
> > metabolism.
> >
> > When milk is pasteurized, Vitamins A, C, and D are
> > destroyed. The same can be said for those vitamins when
> > soymilk is manufactured. Soymilk does contain more than four
> > times the amount of thiamin (Vitamin B-1) and nearly twice
> > the amount of niacin (Vitamin B-3) as does cow's milk.
> >
> > Soymilk also contains more magnesium, copper, and manganese
> > than does cow's milk. In order to absorb calcium, one needs
> > magnesium. Copper also aids in bone formation. One early
> > sign of osteoporosis is a deficiency in copper. Soymilk
> > contains twelve times the amount of copper as does cow's
> > milk. Soymilk also contains 42 times the amount of manganese
> > as does cow's milk. Manganese is also needed for bone
> > formation. People with anemia rely upon manganese for iron
> > storage. Trace amounts of manganese are essential for neural
> > transmissions, protein metabolism, and many other body
> > functions.

http://www.soytoy.com/soyvsmilk.html

Note, Nicky: THIS IS A SPIEL TO SELL SOY MILK MACHINES. DUMMY.

> > Copyright 2001 Robert Cohen

Cohen's not a scientist.

> > http://www.soytoy.com
> >
> > http://www.notmilk.com

One of the worst pseudoscience sites on the web.

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

John Mark Karr has murdered millions of little girls because of all
the publicity he has engendered. The media are his "shills." So this
'Pseudo news'
has to be terminated.

Oh, it is assumed he's done all this killing---there is no real proof.

chico chupacabra wrote:
> [...]

> > > than does cow's milk. In order to absorb calcium, one needs
> > > magnesium. Copper also aids in bone formation. One early
> > > sign of osteoporosis is a deficiency in copper. Soymilk
> > > contains twelve times the amount of copper as does cow's
> > > milk. Soymilk also contains 42 times the amount of manganese
> > > as does cow's milk. Manganese is also needed for bone
> > > formation. People with anemia rely upon manganese for iron
> > > storage. Trace amounts of manganese are essential for neural
> > > transmissions, protein metabolism, and many other body
> > > functions.

http://www.soytoy.com/soyvsmilk.html

> Note, Nicky: THIS IS A SPIEL TO SELL SOY MILK MACHINES. DUMMY.
>
> > > Copyright 2001 Robert Cohen

> Cohen's not a scientist.
>
> > > http://www.soytoy.com
> > >
> > > http://www.notmilk.com

> One of the worst pseudoscience sites on the web.

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

Ronald Homo-ton wrote:

> John Mark Karr

is beside the point. Cohen isn't a scientist and the bullshit he uses to
sell his "soy toys" is crass marketing spiel and his main website is a
steaming load of scare-mongering horseshit. He's been disavowed by
other more notable vegan activists for his dishonesty and his
over-the-top nonsense.
Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

cheenko up-chucky--the point is that milk kills far more pee-pulls and
animals than soy,
notwithstanding the utter madness which dh promotes.

chico chupacabra wrote:
> Ronald Homo-ton wrote:
>
> > John Mark Karr

> is beside the point. Cohen isn't a scientist and the bullshit he uses to
> sell his "soy toys" is crass marketing spiel and his main website is a
> steaming load of scare-mongering horseshit. He's been disavowed by
> other more notable vegan activists for his dishonesty and his
> over-the-top nonsense.

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

Ronald Homo-ton wrote:

> the point is that milk kills far more pee-pulls and
> animals than soy,

No, it doesn't. You're a fruit loop.
Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

chico chupacabra wrote:
> Ronald Homo-ton wrote:
>
> > John Mark Karr

> is beside the point. Cohen isn't a scientist and the bullshit he uses to
> sell his "soy toys" is crass marketing spiel and his main website is a
> steaming load of scare-mongering horseshit. He's been disavowed by
> other more notable vegan activists for his dishonesty and his
> over-the-top nonsense.

Perhaps you should take time to read the bibliography attached to the
articles Cohen writes.

There is plenty of science to refute the JUNK science churned out by
the dairy industry and their funded "neutral" 3rd party researchers.

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

chico chupacabra wrote:
> Ronald Homo-ton wrote:
>

> > the point is that milk kills far more pee-pulls and
> > animals than soy,

> No, it doesn't. You're a fruit loop.

Yes. Yes it does. You're a liar.

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

Ronald Homo-ton's sock puppet #4 wrote:

> > > John Mark Karr

> > is beside the point. Cohen isn't a scientist and the bullshit he
> > uses to sell his "soy toys" is crass marketing spiel and his main
> > website is a steaming load of scare-mongering horseshit. He's been
> > disavowed by other more notable vegan activists for his dishonesty
> > and his over-the-top nonsense.

> Perhaps you should take time to read the bibliography attached to the
> articles Cohen writes.

Veracity isn't established by the number of one's footnotes, but rather
by the accuracy with which one portrays the information contained
therein. The tendency among "alternative healers" is to mislead via
the (mis)use of abstracts rather than full studies when making health
claims and drawing connections. Dr Steven Bratman has dealt with this
issue at length:

In 1998, [Bratman] closed his medical practice to become the Medical
Director at Prima Health, a division of Prima Publishing (now part of
Random House). In that capacity, he reviewed existing literature on
alternative medicine and discovered that it was based on abstracts and
secondary citations rather than the original studies. To bridge this
gap, he directed a massive research program that ultimately obtained
the full text version of 11,000 studies, and involved the translation
of hundreds of non-English articles. Analysis of these studies
revealed a pervasive pattern of scientific errors in existing material.
www.AltMedConsult.com

Cohen's misled others repeatedly about his bona fides -- claiming to
be engaged in scientific research. He's not a scientist, nor does he
work with "independent researchers." Like Lesley, he combs through
abstracts looking for his favored nit to pick and then makes connections
researchers reject (e.g., in Lesley's case, she insisted one particular
study found that fats were "addictive" and continued to promote her
ignorance even after the study's authors, alarmed by such claims in the
popular media, issued strong denials that their research had ever made
such a finding).

> There is plenty of science to refute the JUNK science churned out by

....Robert Cohen, ex-real estate agent turned soy milk machine marketer
and irrational anti-dairy scaremonger.
Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

Ronald Homo-ton put on sock puppet #4 and wrote:

> > You're a fruit loop.

> Yes.

*Finally* we agree on *something*, dumb ass.
Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

chico chupacabra wrote:
> Ronald Homo-ton put on sock puppet #4 and wrote:
>
> > > You're a fruit loop.

> > Yes.

> *Finally* we agree on *something*, dumb ass.

How come the new nym Goo?

No one paying attention when you post as Leif or Eden?

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

> > > Yes.

> > *Finally* we agree on *something*, dumb ass.

> How come

Your grammar is as atrocious as your half-baked, pseudo-scientific,
contrarian approach to nutrition.

> No one paying attention when you post as Leif or Eden?

You're very confused about my identity, but that's hardly surprising.
Chalk it up to your malnutrition.

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

Bawly is a good guy, Chinko is not no good no more.
that's all the "science" we need.

Bawl wrote:
> chico chupacabra wrote:

> > > Yes.

> > *Finally* we agree on *something*, dumb ass.

> How come the new nym Goo?
>
> No one paying attention when you post as Leif or Eden?

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

In a fit of malnourished dementia, Ronald Homo-ton whipped out sock
puppet #12 and wrote:

> Bawly is a good guy

Your sock puppets don't get to vouch for each other's credibility,
Ronnie.

> Chinko is not no good no more.

Maybe you'd see things a lot more clearly if you had a nice cold
milkshake. ****.

> that's all the "science" we need.

You run from science and straight into soymilk machine marketing
superstitions spun by a far-out former real estate salesman.

> Bawl wrote:
> > chico chupacabra wrote:

> > > *Finally* we agree on *something*, dumb ass.

> > How come the new nym Goo?
> >
> > No one paying attention when you post as Leif or Eden?

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

soy milk, rice dream ice cream, veg. chocolate syrup in blender. Try
it, chyko-----you will be glad you did.

Lil, fat Ronnie assures you it's : "yum, yum, drink-em -up."

chico chupacabra wrote:
> In a fit of malnourished dementia, Ronald Homo-ton whipped out sock
> puppet #12 and wrote:
>
> > Bawly is a good guy

> Your sock puppets don't get to vouch for each other's credibility,
> Ronnie.
>
> > Chinko is not no good no more.

> Maybe you'd see things a lot more clearly if you had a nice cold
> milkshake. ****.
>
> > that's all the "science" we need.

> You run from science and straight into soymilk machine marketing
> superstitions spun by a far-out former real estate salesman.
>
> > Bawl wrote:

> > > How come the new nym Goo?
> > >
> > > No one paying attention when you post as Leif or Eden?

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

Ronald Homo-ton wore sock puppet #12 when he wrote:

> soy milk

Also called "starch water."

> rice dream ice cream

It's not "ice cream" -- it would require milk to be called that. It's
labelled here as a "non-dairy dessert." It's just starchy water and
sugar and flavorings.

> veg. chocolate syrup in blender.

Why "veg" chocolate syrup? What's wrong with the real stuff? And is
"veg" chocolate syrup a product of slave practices like the real stuff?

> Try it

There are other things I'd prefer to consume if I were inclined to
indulge in sugary foods.

> Lil, fat Ronnie assures you

As if I'd take the word of an effeminate little yob like you who
constantly shifts nyms while mindlessly parroting the marketing bullshit
of a disreputable scaremonger like Robert Cohen.
Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

so sayeth usenet/google's favorite eye-legal eye-mo-grynt, a humanoid
mexican hula-bean.

chico chupacabra wrote:

> > > is beside the point. Cohen isn't a scientist and the bullshit he
> > > uses to sell his "soy toys" is crass marketing spiel and his main
> > > website is a steaming load of scare-mongering horseshit. He's been
> > > disavowed by other more notable vegan activists for his dishonesty
> > > and his over-the-top nonsense.

> > Perhaps you should take time to read the bibliography attached to the
> > articles Cohen writes.

> Veracity isn't established by the number of one's footnotes, but rather
> by the accuracy with which one portrays the information contained
> therein. The tendency among "alternative healers" is to mislead via
> the (mis)use of abstracts rather than full studies when making health
> claims and drawing connections. Dr Steven Bratman has dealt with this
> issue at length:
>
> In 1998, [Bratman] closed his medical practice to become the Medical
> Director at Prima Health, a division of Prima Publishing (now part of
> Random House). In that capacity, he reviewed existing literature on
> alternative medicine and discovered that it was based on abstracts and
> secondary citations rather than the original studies. To bridge this
> gap, he directed a massive research program that ultimately obtained
> the full text version of 11,000 studies, and involved the translation
> of hundreds of non-English articles. Analysis of these studies
> revealed a pervasive pattern of scientific errors in existing material.
> www.AltMedConsult.com
>
> Cohen's misled others repeatedly about his bona fides -- claiming to
> be engaged in scientific research. He's not a scientist, nor does he
> work with "independent researchers." Like Lesley, he combs through
> abstracts looking for his favored nit to pick and then makes connections
> researchers reject (e.g., in Lesley's case, she insisted one particular
> study found that fats were "addictive" and continued to promote her
> ignorance even after the study's authors, alarmed by such claims in the
> popular media, issued strong denials that their research had ever made
> such a finding).
>
> > There is plenty of science to refute the JUNK science churned out by

> ...Robert Cohen, ex-real estate agent turned soy milk machine marketer
> and irrational anti-dairy scaremonger.

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

Racist Ronald Homo-ton donned sock puppet #4 and, unable to come up with
a clever or well-reasoned response, decided instead to engage in a
little blatant racism:

> so sayeth usenet/google's favorite eye-legal eye-mo-grynt, a humanoid
> mexican hula-bean.

Leave it to a leftist fruitloop to show his true racist colors. To quote
Governor Rick Perry, "Well adios to you, too, mofo."

> chico chupacabra wrote:

> > > Perhaps you should take time to read the bibliography attached to
> > > the articles Cohen writes.

> > Veracity isn't established by the number of one's footnotes, but
> > rather by the accuracy with which one portrays the information
> > contained therein. The tendency among "alternative healers" is to
> > mislead via the (mis)use of abstracts rather than full studies when
> > making health claims and drawing connections. Dr Steven Bratman has
> > dealt with this issue at length:
> >
> > In 1998, [Bratman] closed his medical practice to become the
> > Medical Director at Prima Health, a division of Prima Publishing
> > (now part of Random House). In that capacity, he reviewed
> > existing literature on alternative medicine and discovered that
> > it was based on abstracts and secondary citations rather than
> > the original studies. To bridge this gap, he directed a massive
> > research program that ultimately obtained the full text version
> > of 11,000 studies, and involved the translation of hundreds of
> > non-English articles. Analysis of these studies revealed a
> > pervasive pattern of scientific errors in existing material.
> > www.AltMedConsult.com
> >
> > Cohen's misled others repeatedly about his bona fides -- claiming to
> > be engaged in scientific research. He's not a scientist, nor does he
> > work with "independent researchers." Like Lesley, he combs through
> > abstracts looking for his favored nit to pick and then makes
> > connections researchers reject (e.g., in Lesley's case, she insisted
> > one particular study found that fats were "addictive" and continued
> > to promote her ignorance even after the study's authors, alarmed by
> > such claims in the popular media, issued strong denials that their
> > research had ever made such a finding).
> >
> > > There is plenty of science to refute the JUNK science churned out
> > > by

> > ...Robert Cohen, ex-real estate agent turned soy milk machine
> > marketer and irrational anti-dairy scaremonger.

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

chico chupacabra wrote:
> Racist Ronald Homo-ton donned sock puppet #4 and, unable to come up with
> a clever or well-reasoned response, decided instead to engage in a
> little blatant racism:
>
> > so sayeth usenet/google's favorite eye-legal eye-mo-grynt, a humanoid
> > mexican hula-bean.

> Leave it to a leftist fruitloop to show his true racist colors. To quote
> Governor Rick Perry, "Well adios to you, too, mofo."

You prove your stupidity at every opportunity Chico Coprophagy.

You believe that consuming the fluids from diseased animals is healthy
and necessary.

That alone proves you are a brainless ****.

> > chico chupacabra wrote:

> > > Veracity isn't established by the number of one's footnotes, but
> > > rather by the accuracy with which one portrays the information
> > > contained therein. The tendency among "alternative healers" is to
> > > mislead via the (mis)use of abstracts rather than full studies when
> > > making health claims and drawing connections. Dr Steven Bratman has
> > > dealt with this issue at length:
> > >
> > > In 1998, [Bratman] closed his medical practice to become the
> > > Medical Director at Prima Health, a division of Prima Publishing
> > > (now part of Random House). In that capacity, he reviewed
> > > existing literature on alternative medicine and discovered that
> > > it was based on abstracts and secondary citations rather than
> > > the original studies. To bridge this gap, he directed a massive
> > > research program that ultimately obtained the full text version
> > > of 11,000 studies, and involved the translation of hundreds of
> > > non-English articles. Analysis of these studies revealed a
> > > pervasive pattern of scientific errors in existing material.
> > > www.AltMedConsult.com
> > >
> > > Cohen's misled others repeatedly about his bona fides -- claiming to
> > > be engaged in scientific research. He's not a scientist, nor does he
> > > work with "independent researchers." Like Lesley, he combs through
> > > abstracts looking for his favored nit to pick and then makes
> > > connections researchers reject (e.g., in Lesley's case, she insisted
> > > one particular study found that fats were "addictive" and continued
> > > to promote her ignorance even after the study's authors, alarmed by
> > > such claims in the popular media, issued strong denials that their
> > > research had ever made such a finding).

> > > ...Robert Cohen, ex-real estate agent turned soy milk machine
> > > marketer and irrational anti-dairy scaremonger.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

chico chupacabra wrote:
> [...]

> Cohen's misled others repeatedly about his bona fides -- claiming to
> be engaged in scientific research. He's not a scientist, nor does he
> work with "independent researchers." Like Lesley, he combs

through
> abstracts looking for his favored nit to pick and then makes
> connections researchers reject (e.g., in Lesley's case, she insisted
> one particular study found that fats were "addictive" and

continued
> to promote her ignorance even after the study's authors, alarmed by
> such claims in the popular media, issued strong denials that their
> research had ever made such a finding).
>
> There is plenty of science to refute the JUNK science churned out
> by
> ...Robert Cohen, ex-real estate agent turned soy milk machine
> marketer and irrational anti-dairy scaremonger.

Sent via http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org
Posted to alt.food.vegan

chico chupacabra wrote:
> [...]

> Cohen's misled others repeatedly about his bona fides -- claiming to
> be engaged in scientific research. He's not a scientist, nor does he
> work with "independent researchers." Like Lesley, he combs

through
> abstracts looking for his favored nit to pick and then makes
> connections researchers reject (e.g., in Lesley's case, she insisted
> one particular study found that fats were "addictive" and

continued
> to promote her ignorance even after the study's authors, alarmed by
> such claims in the popular media, issued strong denials that their
> research had ever made such a finding).
>
> There is plenty of science to refute the JUNK science churned out
> by
> ...Robert Cohen, ex-real estate agent turned soy milk machine
> marketer and irrational anti-dairy scaremonger.

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

Rudy is turning good guy?

Leif Erikson's Smarter Brother wrote:
> chico chupacabra wrote:
> > Racist Ronald Homo-ton donned sock puppet #4 and, unable to come up with
> > a clever or well-reasoned response, decided instead to engage in a
> > little blatant racism:
> >
> > > so sayeth usenet/google's favorite eye-legal eye-mo-grynt, a humanoid
> > > mexican hula-bean.

> > Leave it to a leftist fruitloop to show his true racist colors. To quote
> > Governor Rick Perry, "Well adios to you, too, mofo."

> You prove your stupidity at every opportunity Chico Coprophagy.
>
> You believe that consuming the fluids from diseased animals is healthy
> and necessary.
>
> That alone proves you are a brainless ****.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

His name ees Cheenko, he from Poorto Reenko. Oh, wait, it's
Mex-shteenk-o.

Anonymous wrote:
> [...]

> > Cohen's misled others repeatedly about his bona fides -- claiming to
> > be engaged in scientific research. He's not a scientist, nor does he
> > work with "independent researchers." Like Lesley, he combs

> through
> > abstracts looking for his favored nit to pick and then makes
> > connections researchers reject (e.g., in Lesley's case, she insisted
> > one particular study found that fats were "addictive" and

> continued
> > to promote her ignorance even after the study's authors, alarmed by
> > such claims in the popular media, issued strong denials that their
> > research had ever made such a finding).
> >
> > There is plenty of science to refute the JUNK science churned out
> > by
> > ...Robert Cohen, ex-real estate agent turned soy milk machine
> > marketer and irrational anti-dairy scaremonger.

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

Thanks for posting that. The science speaks for itself.

Perhaps cow's milk is addictive which causes such a heated response?

Ronald 'More-More' Moshki wrote:
> so sayeth usenet/google's favorite eye-legal eye-mo-grynt, a humanoid
> mexican hula-bean.
>

> chico chupacabra wrote:

> > > Perhaps you should take time to read the bibliography attached to the
> > > articles Cohen writes.

> > Veracity isn't established by the number of one's footnotes, but rather
> > by the accuracy with which one portrays the information contained
> > therein. The tendency among "alternative healers" is to mislead via
> > the (mis)use of abstracts rather than full studies when making health
> > claims and drawing connections. Dr Steven Bratman has dealt with this
> > issue at length:
> >
> > In 1998, [Bratman] closed his medical practice to become the Medical
> > Director at Prima Health, a division of Prima Publishing (now part of
> > Random House). In that capacity, he reviewed existing literature on
> > alternative medicine and discovered that it was based on abstracts and
> > secondary citations rather than the original studies. To bridge this
> > gap, he directed a massive research program that ultimately obtained
> > the full text version of 11,000 studies, and involved the translation
> > of hundreds of non-English articles. Analysis of these studies
> > revealed a pervasive pattern of scientific errors in existing material.
> > www.AltMedConsult.com
> >
> > Cohen's misled others repeatedly about his bona fides -- claiming to
> > be engaged in scientific research. He's not a scientist, nor does he
> > work with "independent researchers." Like Lesley, he combs through
> > abstracts looking for his favored nit to pick and then makes connections
> > researchers reject (e.g., in Lesley's case, she insisted one particular
> > study found that fats were "addictive" and continued to promote her
> > ignorance even after the study's authors, alarmed by such claims in the
> > popular media, issued strong denials that their research had ever made
> > such a finding).
> >
> > > There is plenty of science to refute the JUNK science churned out by

> > ...Robert Cohen, ex-real estate agent turned soy milk machine marketer
> > and irrational anti-dairy scaremonger.

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan
TC TC is offline

Blueshark wrote:
> Thanks for posting that. The science speaks for itself.
>
> Perhaps cow's milk is addictive which causes such a heated response?
>
> Ronald 'More-More' Moshki wrote:
> > so sayeth usenet/google's favorite eye-legal eye-mo-grynt, a humanoid
> > mexican hula-bean.
> >

> > chico chupacabra wrote:

> > > Veracity isn't established by the number of one's footnotes, but rather
> > > by the accuracy with which one portrays the information contained
> > > therein. The tendency among "alternative healers" is to mislead via
> > > the (mis)use of abstracts rather than full studies when making health
> > > claims and drawing connections. Dr Steven Bratman has dealt with this
> > > issue at length:
> > >
> > > In 1998, [Bratman] closed his medical practice to become the Medical
> > > Director at Prima Health, a division of Prima Publishing (now part of
> > > Random House). In that capacity, he reviewed existing literature on
> > > alternative medicine and discovered that it was based on abstracts and
> > > secondary citations rather than the original studies. To bridge this
> > > gap, he directed a massive research program that ultimately obtained
> > > the full text version of 11,000 studies, and involved the translation
> > > of hundreds of non-English articles. Analysis of these studies
> > > revealed a pervasive pattern of scientific errors in existing material.
> > > www.AltMedConsult.com
> > >
> > > Cohen's misled others repeatedly about his bona fides -- claiming to
> > > be engaged in scientific research. He's not a scientist, nor does he
> > > work with "independent researchers." Like Lesley, he combs through
> > > abstracts looking for his favored nit to pick and then makes connections
> > > researchers reject (e.g., in Lesley's case, she insisted one particular
> > > study found that fats were "addictive" and continued to promote her
> > > ignorance even after the study's authors, alarmed by such claims in the
> > > popular media, issued strong denials that their research had ever made
> > > such a finding).

> > > ...Robert Cohen, ex-real estate agent turned soy milk machine marketer
> > > and irrational anti-dairy scaremonger.

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

"TC" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html
>
> http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtsoy.html
>

> http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/tragedy.html
>

> http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/complaints.html
>

> http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/infant.html
>

> http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/ploy.html

Notice he is quoting one source and one might assume they are not
balanced. This is like waiting for Fox News to admit Dubya is political
cluster f*uck.

TC, ironjustice and Chung - we have our own Gong show.

-DF

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan
TC TC is offline

Doug Freese wrote:
> "TC" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html
> >
> > http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtsoy.html
> >

> > http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/tragedy.html
> >

> > http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/complaints.html
> >

> > http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/infant.html
> >

> > http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/ploy.html

> Notice he is quoting one source and one might assume they are not
> balanced. This is like waiting for Fox News to admit Dubya is political
> cluster f*uck.
>
> TC, ironjustice and Chung - we have our own Gong show.
>
> -DF

I've yet to see anyone show weston price to be wrong. The quality of
science will overwhelm the quantity any day.

TC

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

"TC" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> I've yet to see anyone show weston price to be wrong. The quality of
> science will overwhelm the quantity any day.

And Bush has never lied to us. Wanna go hunting with Cheney?

-DF

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan
TC TC is offline

Doug Freese wrote:
> "TC" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > I've yet to see anyone show weston price to be wrong. The quality of
> > science will overwhelm the quantity any day.

> And Bush has never lied to us. Wanna go hunting with Cheney?
>
> -DF

Instead of quaint little stabs in the dark, how about actually giving
us information that supports your quaint little stab in the dark.

TC

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

"TC" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Doug Freese wrote:
>> "TC" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >
>> > I've yet to see anyone show weston price to be wrong. The quality
>> > of
>> > science will overwhelm the quantity any day.

>> And Bush has never lied to us. Wanna go hunting with Cheney?
>>
>> -DF

> Instead of quaint little stabs in the dark, how about actually giving
> us information that supports your quaint little stab in the dark.

Oh please not that song and dance again. Anytime someone points to a
article that shows your are out to lunch you claim the authors are on
the take. Nice position, Chung hides behind religion and you wallow in
paranoia - tis a sad world we live in.

Let's play for a minute. I want to how deep your paranoia reall is.

Yes or no, are all the contributors to the Harvard School Of Public
Health on the take?

Yes or no, are all the members of the Center for Science in the Public
Interest on the take?

Yes or no, are all the members of the Amercian Academy of Pediatics on
the Take?

-DF

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan
TC TC is offline

Doug Freese wrote:
> "TC" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > Doug Freese wrote:
> >> "TC" > wrote in message
> >> oups.com...

> >> And Bush has never lied to us. Wanna go hunting with Cheney?
> >>
> >> -DF

> > Instead of quaint little stabs in the dark, how about actually giving
> > us information that supports your quaint little stab in the dark.

> Oh please not that song and dance again. Anytime someone points to a
> article that shows your are out to lunch you claim the authors are on
> the take. Nice position, Chung hides behind religion and you wallow in
> paranoia - tis a sad world we live in.

and you are above all that, eh? ok, sure......

you are no different, except that all you do is opininate. You never
back it up with anything. you are as bad a troll as we see around here.

> Let's play for a minute. I want to how deep your paranoia reall is.
>
> Yes or no, are all the contributors to the Harvard School Of Public
> Health on the take?
>
> Yes or no, are all the members of the Center for Science in the Public
> Interest on the take?
>
> Yes or no, are all the members of the Amercian Academy of Pediatics on
> the Take?
>
> -DF

Posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.agriculture,alt.food.vegan

"TC" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> you are no different, except that all you do is opininate. You never
> back it up with anything. you are as bad a troll as we see around
> here.

Seems you forgot to answer the questions below. Maybe because each of
the below are above reproach, and each group thinks your position on
nutrition is flat out silly if not imbecilic? You hide behind a dentist
turned nutritionist because he sees the same ghosts behind the trees as
you do. Talk about birds of feather.

-DF