FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Nepalese Tea -- net sources? (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/92376-nepalese-tea-net-sources.html)

Ozzy[_1_] 25-05-2006 06:37 AM

Nepalese Tea -- net sources?

Hi all,

I'm looking for good quality Nepalese tea on the Net, having already viewed
the black tea offerings of SpecialTeas.com, InPursuitofTea.com,
ImperialTeaGarden.com, and I don't remember what else.

Are there any personal recommendations out there, perhaps -- I'm looking for
at least a modicum of tips, maybe somewhat of a fruity note, and either 1st
or 2nd flush.(The last would be my personal preference, as it is said to be
stronger, but for all I know the person for whom it is being bought as a
present -- someone who was a young child on an Indian tea estate in the last
years of the Raj -- likes it lighter.)

Any input, esp. that setting straight erroneous assumptions made above,
would be welcome indeed -- I've never drunk Nepalese tea.

Ozzy

Tea Guy 25-05-2006 05:23 PM

Upton sells a Golden Nepal (Kanyam Estate). I personally have not tried it.

Thanks,
Bill

Tea Guy Speaks
http://wileng.blogspot.com/

Tea Industry News
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teaindustrynews/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy

David M. Harris 25-05-2006 06:17 PM

Nepalese Tea -- net sources?

I haven't tasted it, but I see a Nepalese in the latest Upton's catalogue.

dmh

Ozzy[_1_] 26-05-2006 03:00 PM

Nepalese Tea -- net sources?

Thanks -- Maybe I shall try uptons -- the quality of their touchas are well
known.

Ozzy

Jenn 26-05-2006 10:49 PM

Nepalese Tea -- net sources?

Ozzy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for good quality Nepalese tea on the Net, having already viewed
> the black tea offerings of SpecialTeas.com, InPursuitofTea.com, -- I've never drunk Nepalese tea.
>
> Ozzy

Hi OZZy
Tea Source has several teas from Nepal. I bought one that was Himalayan
a year or so ago and likes it very much. Actually they have tea from
everywhere but not lots and lots of varieties.(Search for Nepal in
their search)
They are online and I have bought from them at least 3-4 times and they
are fast in delivering. At least in the states anyway. I do not Know
anyone there, no relation but remember they had some Himalayan so I
went and took a peek.
Jenn
Sweltering in Texas but still drinking that wonderful Red Robe I bought
from a chinese vendor. .Hmm I'll bet Red Robe is good Iced, May try it
today

Kevin 29-05-2006 12:44 PM

Nepalese Tea -- net sources?

Mariage frères has a new selection of Nepalese tea:

http://www.mariagefreres.com/info/Info/index_en.htm

not cheap though. and I haven't tried any of those yet.

Kevin.

Ozzy[_1_] 31-05-2006 04:09 AM

Nepalese Tea -- net sources?

"Kevin" > wrote in news:1148903089.919205.250650
@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Mariage frères has a new selection of Nepalese tea:
>
> http://www.mariagefreres.com/info/Info/index_en.htm
>
> not cheap though. and I haven't tried any of those yet.
>
> Kevin.

Thanks Kevin -- a bit beyond my price range, though (1 Euro = 1.29 USD as of
now, so their cheapest loose tea (sold in 100g lots) is $578.63/kilo, or
about $263/lb.).

Ozzy

Ozzy[_1_] 31-05-2006 04:09 AM

Nepalese Tea -- net sources?

"Jenn" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Hi OZZy
> Tea Source has several teas from Nepal. I bought one that was Himalayan
> a year or so ago and likes it very much. Actually they have tea from
> everywhere but not lots and lots of varieties.(Search for Nepal in
> their search)
> They are online and I have bought from them at least 3-4 times and they
> are fast in delivering. At least in the states anyway. I do not Know
> anyone there, no relation but remember they had some Himalayan so I
> went and took a peek.
> Jenn
> Sweltering in Texas but still drinking that wonderful Red Robe I bought
> from a chinese vendor. .Hmm I'll bet Red Robe is good Iced, May try it

Thanks much, Jenn -- it's finally Summer in New York, after a chilly Spring.
Never known Nemorial Day weekend to fail to bring on the H & H, though,
around here.

Ozzy