Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Assam tea from Taiwan

I just got a bag that says so. The PinYin is Assama with the three
Chinese characters for Assam. The bag says 'Product of Taiwan'. The
company is Trojan Food Stuff with website http://www.bmx.com.tw which
doesn't say much at all. The bag is 600g nitrogen pack for $10 cheap
for any tea from Taiwan. It is an oxidized black tea making it the
first I've seen from Taiwan. The brewing instruction is 3 liters of
water for 12 minutes. I guess it would be possible to ship Assam to
Taiwan for packaging. It would be the first imported tea I see for
explort from Taiwan. It does has the typical Indian signature of more
taste than aroma which quickly disappears in the throat. Or a real
Taiwan tea I've never seen before.

Jim

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy > wrote:
>I just got a bag that says so. The PinYin is Assama with the three
>Chinese characters for Assam. The bag says 'Product of Taiwan'. The
>company is Trojan Food Stuff with website http://www.bmx.com.tw which
>doesn't say much at all. The bag is 600g nitrogen pack for $10 cheap
>for any tea from Taiwan. It is an oxidized black tea making it the
>first I've seen from Taiwan. The brewing instruction is 3 liters of
>water for 12 minutes. I guess it would be possible to ship Assam to
>Taiwan for packaging. It would be the first imported tea I see for
>explort from Taiwan. It does has the typical Indian signature of more
>taste than aroma which quickly disappears in the throat. Or a real
>Taiwan tea I've never seen before.

This sounds like it would go great with a "California Bordeaux."
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Space Cowboy" > writes:

> I just got a bag that says so. The PinYin is Assama with the three
> Chinese characters for Assam. The bag says 'Product of Taiwan'. The
> company is Trojan Food Stuff with website http://www.bmx.com.tw which
> doesn't say much at all. The bag is 600g nitrogen pack for $10 cheap
> for any tea from Taiwan. It is an oxidized black tea making it the
> first I've seen from Taiwan. The brewing instruction is 3 liters of
> water for 12 minutes.

With 600g of leaf, that'll be a mighty strong brew!

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Brewing for 12 minutes, that would be a VERY strong brew. Toci
Lewis Perin wrote:
> "Space Cowboy" > writes:
>
> > I just got a bag that says so. The PinYin is Assama with the three
> > Chinese characters for Assam. The bag says 'Product of Taiwan'. The
> > company is Trojan Food Stuff with website http://www.bmx.com.tw which
> > doesn't say much at all. The bag is 600g nitrogen pack for $10 cheap
> > for any tea from Taiwan. It is an oxidized black tea making it the
> > first I've seen from Taiwan. The brewing instruction is 3 liters of
> > water for 12 minutes.

> With 600g of leaf, that'll be a mighty strong brew!
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

TEA - Chinese Style Coffee - Make Your Body STRONG!

Taiwan reroasting Space Cowboy Tea 4 24-10-2010 03:43 PM
Mysterious Taiwan tea Space Cowboy Tea 6 02-07-2009 03:52 PM
Tea Powder from Taiwan Scott Dorsey Tea 2 23-09-2007 06:06 PM
CTC Assam Pat Tea 13 31-01-2006 05:15 PM
Travel to Taiwan... Sam Tea 8 15-05-2004 03:32 PM