Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Iced Pu-erh?

Am I the only infidel who makes iced puerh? =]

Seriously, I needed a cold drink last week, so I brewed some cooked
pu-erh, and mixed with ice, lemon and sweetener.

Ok, not exactly the same experience as brewing it Gong Fu, but
certainly more refreshing when it's over 30 degrees.

--k

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Well I probably am doing something as bad if not worse.
I do like the wild purple oolong from Generation Teas (a bit like pu-erh)
but hot with sugar and lemon. And I must confess that I drink even my best
teas with sugar. There..I said it and I'm glad. Ha ha ha ha ha.
Excuse me. I have tried all my teas without, but The only tea I can drink
without sugar
is Dragon Well.

Bill Lubarsky (slightly ashamed)
"Konrad Scorciapino" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Am I the only infidel who makes iced puerh? =]
>
> Seriously, I needed a cold drink last week, so I brewed some cooked
> pu-erh, and mixed with ice, lemon and sweetener.
>
> Ok, not exactly the same experience as brewing it Gong Fu, but
> certainly more refreshing when it's over 30 degrees.
>
> --k

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

pu-sicles

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion, I frequently let my puerh sit
around to become room temperature before drinking it. I've never tried
chilling puerh before but after reading this I think I'll try it on the
next real hot day to see how it gets.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I think raw pu'er does well iced, the smokier the better when chilled,
but i don't add anything to it.

~j

Konrad Scorciapino wrote:
> Am I the only infidel who makes iced puerh? =]
>
> Seriously, I needed a cold drink last week, so I brewed some cooked
> pu-erh, and mixed with ice, lemon and sweetener.
>
> Ok, not exactly the same experience as brewing it Gong Fu, but
> certainly more refreshing when it's over 30 degrees.
>
> --k

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

John Grebe wrote:
> Nothing wrong with it in my opinion, I frequently let my puerh sit
> around to become room temperature before drinking it. I've never tried
> chilling puerh before but after reading this I think I'll try it on the
> next real hot day to see how it gets.

Hi guys,
I frequently let my tea get room temp sometimes I have more than a cup
at a times. I really like puer at room temp, and to me also oolongs get
better as they cool. Thats in my taste bud.. SOmetimes like wine they
open up in the cup and you can detect different flavors but so far
havent tried it iced. I will try a new idea

Jenn

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I find some teas taste better at warmer temperatures than hotter. You
can taste more when warmer and smell more when hot. I think cooked
puer also is a good example. I just enjoy the smell when it is hot and
the soup when it is warm. One that is good at any temperature is a
Yunnan red. I always boil water and then adjust for smell and taste in
the pot or cup. A high mountain Taiwan oolong has the balance of smell
and temperature at a cross over point. I don't care what method you
use every pot and cup is different enough to keep it interesting every
time. There is nothing better than iced Lipton's on a hot day from a
beverage fountain or pitcher in a restaurant. I hadn't thought about
it but puer of either class would taste great with ice. I can't wait
for a hot day to try some.

Jim

Michael Plant wrote:
> 4/11/06
>

> > John Grebe wrote:
> >> Nothing wrong with it in my opinion, I frequently let my puerh sit
> >> around to become room temperature before drinking it. I've never tried
> >> chilling puerh before but after reading this I think I'll try it on the
> >> next real hot day to see how it gets.

> > Hi guys,
> > I frequently let my tea get room temp sometimes I have more than a cup
> > at a times. I really like puer at room temp, and to me also oolongs get
> > better as they cool. Thats in my taste bud.. SOmetimes like wine they
> > open up in the cup and you can detect different flavors but so far
> > havent tried it iced. I will try a new idea
> >
> > Jenn
> >

> It opens up an interesting issue in general. I find some teas do readily
> take to ice such as Formosa Oolong/Oriental Beauty and most Pu'erhs. I also
> find that some teas diminish considerably when they cool, while the flavors
> of others are enhanced. This also carries over to the aroma you get off the
> lid of your gaiwan or from the spent leaves. In some cases, the aromas
> dissipate quickly into nothingness while in others they linger on and
> change. I could be wrong and probably am but I *think* greener oolongs are
> OK with a bit of cup cooling, while more roasted types suffer for it. I'll
> pay more attention next time.
>
> Michael

Which tee is good test-Arizona Diet Green Iced Tea & Arizona Diet Lemon Iced Tea? Scott Dorsey Tea 0 07-12-2011 09:12 PM
iced tea [email protected] General Cooking 5 26-07-2008 10:52 PM
Iced tea toci Tea 1 14-05-2007 01:33 AM
Iced tea Me General Cooking 12 06-07-2005 03:58 PM
Mr. Iced Tea Ed Hayes Cooking Equipment 1 05-06-2004 04:15 AM