FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Unabridged copy of the "Evils of tea and virtue of beer" article (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/85050-unabridged-copy-evils-tea.html)

John Grebe 07-03-2006 04:17 AM

Unabridged copy of the "Evils of tea and virtue of beer" article

I'm sure a good number of you have seen quotes from William Cobbett's
Evils of tea article ( http://www.quite.com/misc/tea1.htm ) but I was
wondering if anyone has a complete copy of this insane essay or knows
where one may be found online.

Melinda 07-03-2006 07:30 AM

Unabridged copy of the "Evils of tea and virtue of beer" article

"John Grebe" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm sure a good number of you have seen quotes from William Cobbett's
> Evils of tea article ( http://www.quite.com/misc/tea1.htm ) but I was
> wondering if anyone has a complete copy of this insane essay or knows
> where one may be found online.

Er...if you Google Cottage Economy (which is the title of the piece which
the tea article was extracted from as is stated on the page you provided a
link to) you will get some sources... Are you asking us to do the searching
for you? Check the Cornell site.

Melinda

John Grebe 08-03-2006 01:42 AM

Unabridged copy of the "Evils of tea and virtue of beer" article

No, I've already spent several hours searching for it without making
any progress besides finding online stores that sold print copies of
Cottage Economy; so I wanted to try checking in here figuring that
chances are someone else might have already managed to track down a
copy. Anyway thanks for the Cornell link I'll be sure to follow up
with it when I have the chance.