Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Shanghai SAL times and costs

My first puer from a vendor in Shanghai took only 18 days versus 30
from Kunming. The 2.5kg parcel was 210 yuan matching my general
approximation of 1k/100 yuan flat rate shipping from apparently
anywhere in China. It was a make do commercial shipping box from
another item wrapped with China Post tape. This was 4 x 500g green
brick squares with a character of ¸£Â»ÊÙìû Fu Lu Shou Xi meaning
fortune, wealth, longevity, happiness respectively pressed on a brick.
I didn't get my presentation box as I requested and the tea was
described as cooked so who knows if from 2002 is correct. These bricks
are aged on a mantle in a picture holder. So at some moment in the
future supposedly you can eat your pieces of art when they get ripe.
The surface is smooth shiny dark green almost like treated with a
parrafin. I trimmed a rough edge for a cup which exposed a much
lighter green underneath. The back also has a non character design
with visible pimples from the press.

Jim

Austin BBQ in Shanghai Frank Mancuso Barbecue 3 13-07-2006 11:29 PM
Microwave Shanghai Gao International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 29-01-2006 07:03 PM
Tea in Shanghai Sophie Tea 14 10-12-2004 10:32 PM
"Iced Tea" myth again; Historical NY Times, LA Times, Chicago Tribune for $50 Barry Popik Historic 0 30-05-2004 07:08 AM
Tea in Shenzhen or Shanghai Rick Chappell Tea 12 25-04-2004 05:23 AM