Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Max Power

Default Indian, Japanese researchers in quest for new tea variety

Indian, Japanese researchers in quest for new tea variety
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...2/s1528324.htm

Indian and Japanese researchers are planning to team up in quest of a "truly
exotic" tea to tickle the tastebuds of millions around the world.
India's Tea Research Association and Japan's Kyoto University have signed an
agreement to carry out the research in search of the new variety, Mridul
Hazarika, director of the Tocklai Tea Experimental Station in India's
north-east, told AFP.

"Our goal is to come up with a tea variety that would neither be like the
normal cut leaf or the big-leaf orthodox teas. It would be something truly
exotic," he said.
Research will start next April at Tocklai in Assam state, Mr Hazarika said.

"We hope experts from these two institutes will be able to achieve what we
believe could be a landmark value addition to conventional tea," he said.
The Tocklai Station was set up in Jorhat in 1901 and is one of the world's
leading tea research institutions.

- AFP

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy

Another GMC. Why is Bush worried about bird flu and not the super bugs
that nature will eventually genetically produce to infest the bug
resistent gm strains developed by Agrobusiness? Hitler won the war on
genetics.

Jim