Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
danube

Default San Francisco

I will be in San Francisco next week. Where is a place to survive with a
pot of tea?

Thanks / JB
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin

danube > writes:

> I will be in San Francisco next week. Where is a place to survive with a
> pot of tea?

Imperial Tea Court. Powell St., I think, on the edge of Chinatown.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
DPM

"Lewis Perin" > wrote in message
news
> danube > writes:
>
> > I will be in San Francisco next week. Where is a place to survive with a
> > pot of tea?

> Imperial Tea Court. Powell St., I think, on the edge of Chinatown.
>
> /Lew

They also have a new shop in the Ferry building, at the eastern end of
Market St.

Dean

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
danube

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 19:22:56 +0000, DPM wrote:

> "Lewis Perin" > wrote in message
> news
>> danube > writes:
>>
>> > I will be in San Francisco next week. Where is a place to survive with
>> > a pot of tea?

>> Imperial Tea Court. Powell St., I think, on the edge of Chinatown.
>>
>> /Lew

> They also have a new shop in the Ferry building, at the eastern end of
> Market St.
>
> Dean

Many thanks
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Blues Lyne

"danube" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 19:22:56 +0000, DPM wrote:
>

>> "Lewis Perin" > wrote in message
>> news

On Washington street between Stockton and Grant, on the south side of the
street there is a little shop with a wall full of tea. As you enter, the tea
wall is to the right. I don't remember the name, but they had some nicely
aged uncooked Yunnan Puerh (at least it tasted older, smoother and sweeter
than the same tuo cha's I got from IPC) for $1.50, and a nice Lung Ching in
a green tin with goldfish on it for around $5. It wasn't the very best Lung
Ching I've had, but for the money was very, very nice. If you happen to go
there, please let me know the name of the shop. I'd like to order some more
tea from them. It's not the shop that is more of a Chinese herbal store,
this one was mostly tea. Ten Ren is north of there on Grant and Yau Hing
Company is south on Grant. I didn't purchase or drink any tea at You Hing,
but it looked like they had a nice selection.

Blues

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Alex Chaihorsky

Imperial Tea Court - corner of Broadway and Powell (on NW corner on Powell)
Call in advance - 415-788-6080

Sasha.

"danube" > wrote in message
news

> I will be in San Francisco next week. Where is a place to survive with a
> pot of tea?
>
> Thanks / JB

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
danube

I am back in the UK now from San Francisco where, alas, there was no time
to go down-town to your suggested tearooms. Had a quick brew in Monterey
in a Cafe, which wasn't too bad, but in Palo Alto the tea was pretty bad.
This was not the fact that there were only teabags but the water tasted
terrible, with a distinct hint of brackish, saline. Mind you, the coffe
was even worse. The great thing there was the sourdough bread!

JB

San Francisco Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 19 12-09-2015 11:44 PM
San Francisco So Far Dimitri General Cooking 65 28-10-2008 02:54 AM
San Francisco Dimitri General Cooking 52 01-10-2008 02:39 PM
Going to San Francisco TB Wine 6 21-05-2005 03:06 PM
Dim Sum in San Francisco Ken Blake Asian Cooking 15 17-03-2004 02:27 PM