Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
John

Default Thanks everybody in this groups

Thanks everyone in this groups, i am sorry about all my characters in
this groups again. I have a question, who tasted the white tea, who
know how to make the white tea, i bet white tea only produced in my
hometown. White tea is made from green tea, use the green tea to
half-zymolysis, only half, if they zymolysis it will be the black tea.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
stePH

John wrote:
> ... i bet white tea only produced in my
> hometown. White tea is made from green tea, use the green tea to
> half-zymolysis, only half, if they zymolysis it will be the black tea.

The above indicates to me that this guy doesn't have a ****ing clue
what he's talking about.

stePH
--
Today's waste is tomorrow's overtime.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin

"John" > writes:

> Thanks everyone in this groups, i am sorry about all my characters in
> this groups again. I have a question, who tasted the white tea, who
> know how to make the white tea, i bet white tea only produced in my
> hometown.

How many hometowns have you collected?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>The above indicates to me that this guy doesn't have a ****ing clue
>what he's talking about.

The obscure word Zymolysis and his grammar tells me that he/she is a
Chinese trying to find information on this forum. I teach em here, and
when you get strange word amid a bunch of regular words, it's easy to
see that they pulled it out of computer translation software such as
Kingsoft.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
stePH

Default zymolysis, yes

Michael Plant wrote:
> Zymolysis is a perfectly good word, albeit a bit obscure. A dictionary might
> help you, first poster above.

I don't need a dictionary to know that white tea is not "made from
green tea" as he/she/it states. Furthermore, I don't know where its
hometown is, but I'm sure it isn't the world's sole source of white tea
either.

I stand by my original statement: OP is totally clueless and talking
from its ass.

stePH
In cup: English Breakfast, from Limbo in E. Portland, OR
--
Today's waste is tomorrow's overtime

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey

stePH > wrote:

>I don't need a dictionary to know that white tea is not "made from
>green tea" as he/she/it states. Furthermore, I don't know where its
>hometown is, but I'm sure it isn't the world's sole source of white tea
>either.

Your white tea isn't made from green tea, but maybe HIS is. You take
a little pouchong, a little white latex housepaint and voila, white tea!
--scott

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Derek

On 8 Dec 2005 10:28:44 -0500, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> stePH > wrote:
>>
>>I don't need a dictionary to know that white tea is not "made from
>>green tea" as he/she/it states. Furthermore, I don't know where its
>>hometown is, but I'm sure it isn't the world's sole source of white tea
>>either.

> Your white tea isn't made from green tea, but maybe HIS is. You take
> a little pouchong, a little white latex housepaint and voila, white tea!
> --scott

No, no, no! You don't use paint. You use bleach. Geeze.

--
Derek

"People ask for criticism, but they only want praise." -- W. Somerset
Maugham
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant

/8/05

> On 8 Dec 2005 10:28:44 -0500, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> stePH > wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't need a dictionary to know that white tea is not "made from
>>> green tea" as he/she/it states. Furthermore, I don't know where its
>>> hometown is, but I'm sure it isn't the world's sole source of white tea
>>> either.

>> Your white tea isn't made from green tea, but maybe HIS is. You take
>> a little pouchong, a little white latex housepaint and voila, white tea!
>> --scott

> No, no, no! You don't use paint. You use bleach. Geeze.

I suspect you could produce a more natural product by leaving your LJ leaves
in the sun for a week or so. That oughta drain the green out've 'em. BTW,
my defense of the word Z was solely etymological, not teaological

Michael

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
stePH

Michael Plant wrote:
> BTW, my defense of the word Z was solely etymological, not teaological

And my saying the guy doesn't have a ****ing clue what he's talking
about, had nothing to do with the use of the Z word.

stePH
in cup: Ahmad Earl Grey
--
Today's waste is tomorrow's overtime

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
stePH

Michael Plant wrote:
> and this from a man I respect, drinking "Ahmad Earl Grey"? What an
> adventurer you are. I wouldn't have tried it until you paved the way. I see
> you discovered the F word. I advise you to use it with discretion lest the
> word lose its magic power.

Your message does not parse into my computer. Please repost it in
BASIC.

stePH
NP: Motor Totemist Guild, "A Mixture of Guise"
--
Today's waste is tomorrow's overtime

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant

Default zymolysis, yes [and a bit of explanation per request]

> Make sense of the post in question, if you would.

OK, here goes:

[Michael's original post]
"and this from a man I respect, drinking "Ahmad Earl Grey"? What an
adventurer you are. I wouldn't have tried it until you paved the way. I see
you discovered the F word. I advise you to use it with discretion lest the
word lose its magic power."

[Michael's parsing of his own post]
I was teasing you about drinking Ahmad Earl Grey because it is not a high
profile, high end tea, so I didn't expect you to be drinking it. The next
sentences were further teasing. I meant to say that you went far away from
your usual teas -- or so I thought. Now I'll try that tea too, since you
did, and I respect your taste in tea.

The final two sentences suggest that you use the word "****ing" a lot
lately. I meant that when you use that word a lot, it no longer has the
emphatic feeling you want it to have because it becomes too familiar.

Do you see what I mean? Sorry to be abstruse. My post basically meant that
these elements appear to be new to your personality as we have come to know
you.

Michael

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
stePH

Michael Plant wrote:
> > Make sense of the post in question, if you would.

> OK, here goes:
>
> [Michael's original post]
> "and this from a man I respect, drinking "Ahmad Earl Grey"? What an
> adventurer you are. I wouldn't have tried it until you paved the way. I see
> you discovered the F word. I advise you to use it with discretion lest the
> word lose its magic power."
>

> [Michael's parsing of his own post]
> I was teasing you about drinking Ahmad Earl Grey because it is not a high
> profile, high end tea, so I didn't expect you to be drinking it. The next
> sentences were further teasing. I meant to say that you went far away from
> your usual teas -- or so I thought. Now I'll try that tea too, since you
> did, and I respect your taste in tea.

If that's not sarcasm or facetiousness, then: thank you, but I've never
represented myself as having a refined taste in tea. I recently
mentioned being unable to tell the difference between the midori and
gyokuro varieties of sencha from the Tao of Tea. I've been tending
towards cheap-to-middling teas in my purchases lately, though I'm not
as far gone as Mr. Space "anything over a penny a gram is an
indulgence" Cowboy.

Basically, if it tastes good to me, I'll drink it. Also, I tend toward
cheaper teas in the morning since it's as much about getting a caffeine
dose as it is about having a nice cuppa. Later in the day I'll usually
have some oolong, sencha or puerh, or the delicious ginger peach black
that I get from Seattle's Perennial Tea room.

My preferred oolong is the Se Chung from Wild Oats (formerly Natures)
that goes for under $2 an ounce, but I haven't been out that way lately
so I've been drinking a "TIKUANYIN" from an Asian grocery that I got a
3 oz. tin of for five bucks. It's not particularly good, though it's
not bad either.

stePH
in cup: Stash peach black tea (from teabag)
--
NP: Motor Totemist Guild, "The Barbie Variations"

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant

Default Zymoysis - fixing up errors

[StePH]
>>>Make sense of the post in question, if you would.

>> [Michael's original post]
>> "and this from a man I respect, drinking "Ahmad Earl Grey"? What an
>> adventurer you are. I wouldn't have tried it until you paved the way. I see
>> you discovered the F word. I advise you to use it with discretion lest the
>> word lose its magic power."
>>
>> [Michael's parsing of his own post]
>> I was teasing you about drinking Ahmad Earl Grey because it is not a high
>> profile, high end tea, so I didn't expect you to be drinking it. The next
>> sentences were further teasing. I meant to say that you went far away from
>> your usual teas -- or so I thought. Now I'll try that tea too, since you
>> did, and I respect your taste in tea.

[StePH]
> If that's not sarcasm or facetiousness, then: thank you, but I've never
> represented myself as having a refined taste in tea. I recently
> mentioned being unable to tell the difference between the midori and
> gyokuro varieties of sencha from the Tao of Tea. I've been tending
> towards cheap-to-middling teas in my purchases lately, though I'm not
> as far gone as Mr. Space "anything over a penny a gram is an
> indulgence" Cowboy.

[Michael]
Can you forgive me? While I didn't exactly confuse with somebody else, I
did conflate you, so to speak, with somebody else who claims a more
intellectual highbrow tea life. I'm really sorry. I couldn't get to my
archived posts until this morning where and when I straightened the whole
thing out, at least in my own muddled head.

Having said that it was not sarcasm, although sarcastic and facetious are my
middle names. I will continue without sarcasm below.

[StePH]
> Basically, if it tastes good to me, I'll drink it. Also, I tend toward
> cheaper teas in the morning since it's as much about getting a caffeine
> dose as it is about having a nice cuppa. Later in the day I'll usually
> have some oolong, sencha or puerh, or the delicious ginger peach black
> that I get from Seattle's Perennial Tea room.

[Michael]
Good for you. As good a reason as any, the primary reason to drink tea being
your first sentence. That's tea philosophy in a nut shell. This ginger peach
is a tea with added ginger and peach flavor bits?

[StePH]
> My preferred oolong is the Se Chung from Wild Oats (formerly Natures)
> that goes for under $2 an ounce, but I haven't been out that way lately
> so I've been drinking a "TIKUANYIN" from an Asian grocery that I got a
> 3 oz. tin of for five bucks. It's not particularly good, though it's
> not bad either.

[Michael]
There ought to be Ti Kuan Yin teas in your price range that knock your socks
off. They come in so many styles, too. It has been my experience that the
cheapest are in the middle oxidation range which ought to given them some
"fruit" but doesn't always, and more often gives them a "metalic" quality
that some incidentally find quite pleasing. Traditional TKY is highly
roasted, dark in color, and sometimes even "smokey" in aroma and taste.
Heavy roast tends to sweeten them, but also changes their character
radically in other ways, bringing a new taste and aroma spectrum to the tea
soup. Really green varieties, espcially those from Taiwan -- IMHO -- can be
extraordinarily flower soft and delicious, but often reek of flower perfume
essence -- I mean this figuratively -- which turns me off big time. Enough
lecture. Contact me off group, and I will happily send you samples of my
favorites in the lightly oxidized non-roasted side and on the really heavily
roasted side.

I don't care what anybody says; the TKY you get from a reliable vendor of
tea and the TKY you buy in a grocery store that has been on the shelf a year
are two different animals. Only the most heavily roasted can stand that kind
of delay.

Sorry for length.
Again, sorry for the mix-up.

Michael

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>I don't care what anybody says; the TKY you get from a reliable vendor of
>tea and the TKY you buy in a grocery store that has been on the shelf a year
>are two different animals. Only the most heavily roasted can stand that kind
>of delay.

And, of course you are right. The highest prices at market go for the
freshest teas; especially the spring and autumn pick. The stuff that
has been sitting on a shelf for a year was usually low quality stuff to
begin with. With that said, you still have to consider the age of the
fully roasted stuff (we call it Nong Xiang). Give it a year or so and
it will improve the taste and make it quite smooth. With the lightly
roasted stuff (qing xiang), if you let it sit on the shelf for longer
than a month or two, it will begin to have a stale flavor.

I recently put some top grade in the fridge for a while to see if it
would keep it fresh...bad idea. heh. It requires a special fridge.