Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy

Default My unknown Tuo

The following Tuo arrived unexpectedly in a previous China Post
delivery. This photo is from TaoBao and my old note only indicates
Xiaguan 1999. The center logo is partially covered but another picture
and note says it was used by CNNP with the corresponding characters
across the bottom which you can't see. It also has symbol used for
Registered trademark. In the one case I understand Xiaguan used the
Crane logo and the other CNNP used the Zhong emblem. I'm hoping
someone can help clarify the matter. It's very tasty almost
harbingering the mysterious sweet note from aged puer, supposedly.

Thanks,
Jim

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...UnknownTuo.jpg

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
samarkand

Unknown? Hardly. It's common stuff. Yunnan Jingua Gongcha from Ji Xing
Brand, or Lucky Brand. Factory formerly under CNNP Yunnnan branch, never
part of Xiaguan. 1999? Your stash is more likely 2004, and there's
something wrong with the wrapper from what I can see. The logo seems
bigger. If it is, beware.

"Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The following Tuo arrived unexpectedly in a previous China Post
> delivery. This photo is from TaoBao and my old note only indicates
> Xiaguan 1999. The center logo is partially covered but another picture
> and note says it was used by CNNP with the corresponding characters
> across the bottom which you can't see. It also has symbol used for
> Registered trademark. In the one case I understand Xiaguan used the
> Crane logo and the other CNNP used the Zhong emblem. I'm hoping
> someone can help clarify the matter. It's very tasty almost
> harbingering the mysterious sweet note from aged puer, supposedly.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
>
> http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...UnknownTuo.jpg

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy

Thanks Danny. Unknown to me only in the sense I've only got two
pictures from TaoBao with the same logo. Maybe it is so common there
is no market on TaoBao. My wrapper is the same but the blemishes are
different. The picture logo looks more heavily pronounced along with
the font size. I like the cooked taste irregardless of the year. If
it's cheap I'd stock up.

Jim

samarkand wrote:
> Unknown? Hardly. It's common stuff. Yunnan Jingua Gongcha from Ji Xing
> Brand, or Lucky Brand. Factory formerly under CNNP Yunnnan branch, never
> part of Xiaguan. 1999? Your stash is more likely 2004, and there's
> something wrong with the wrapper from what I can see. The logo seems
> bigger. If it is, beware.
>
> "Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > The following Tuo arrived unexpectedly in a previous China Post
> > delivery. This photo is from TaoBao and my old note only indicates
> > Xiaguan 1999. The center logo is partially covered but another picture
> > and note says it was used by CNNP with the corresponding characters
> > across the bottom which you can't see. It also has symbol used for
> > Registered trademark. In the one case I understand Xiaguan used the
> > Crane logo and the other CNNP used the Zhong emblem. I'm hoping
> > someone can help clarify the matter. It's very tasty almost
> > harbingering the mysterious sweet note from aged puer, supposedly.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jim
> >
> > http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...UnknownTuo.jpg

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
samarkand

Good to stock up. Rumours had it that the factory has changed hands, and
it'll be good if you have a stock pre-2004.

Common stuff means it's good for every day drinking in big pots to quench
thirst, as in any Hong Tai Chang post late 1970s or the Guangzhou cakes, to
sample it in small cups, and meticulous preparation, the taste ends when the
liquor flows into the tummy, nothing much of a lasting finish to hold the
memory of the tea.