Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
°æÈñ´ëÇб³ ¼ºÁø¾Æ

Default My favorite tea

Hi~ my name is Gina.
Have you ever tried "Citron tea"? this is called in Korea "yuja cha".(cha
means tea)
(I live in Korea ^^ ) This tea is my favorite.
Citron has three times more 'vitamin C 'than lemon.
So, Citron tea has effect on a cold and the aftereffects of the night drink.
You can make it to mix honey(or suagr) and sliced citron in the ratio 1:1.
And put it in the jar or bottle and seal up for 15days in the
refrigerator.(but, first one day in the normal temperature)

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
kuri

Hello,

> Have you ever tried "Citron tea"? this is called in Korea "yuja cha".(cha
> means tea)

That's called "yuzu cha" in Japanese. That's not a tea at all, but I like it
too.

> You can make it to mix honey(or suagr) and sliced citron in the ratio 1:1.
> And put it in the jar or bottle and seal up for 15days in the
> refrigerator.(but, first one day in the normal temperature)

You can do the same recipe with quince (I think quince has to be boiled a
little). It's also believed to be good for sore-throat and tons of things.
They say that for any fruit. That's probably only the effect of honey.
I prepare my yuzu cha like marmelade (same weight of yuzu citrus and brown
sugar, cooked 20 minutes), and it can be used imediatly or kept a few
months. That can make a little present for friends.

Kuri

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Jane Erickson

I can buy jars of it prepared (sort of like a jar of lemon marmalade) at my
local oriental market. Just add water and heat. And yes, it does not
contain tea leaves or tea of any kind.

JE
"kuri" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>> Have you ever tried "Citron tea"? this is called in Korea "yuja cha".(cha
>> means tea)

> That's called "yuzu cha" in Japanese. That's not a tea at all, but I like
> it
> too.
>
>> You can make it to mix honey(or suagr) and sliced citron in the ratio
>> 1:1.
>> And put it in the jar or bottle and seal up for 15days in the
>> refrigerator.(but, first one day in the normal temperature)

> You can do the same recipe with quince (I think quince has to be boiled a
> little). It's also believed to be good for sore-throat and tons of things.
> They say that for any fruit. That's probably only the effect of honey.
> I prepare my yuzu cha like marmelade (same weight of yuzu citrus and brown
> sugar, cooked 20 minutes), and it can be used imediatly or kept a few
> months. That can make a little present for friends.
>
> Kuri

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant

Jane thlink.net11/13/05

> I can buy jars of it prepared (sort of like a jar of lemon marmalade) at my
> local oriental market. Just add water and heat. And yes, it does not
> contain tea leaves or tea of any kind.

May I be serious? It sounds neat. I'll look for it.
Michael

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy

You'll see big jars labeled Citron or Quince tea. Honey is the
sweetener. I have some unopened jars somewhere and never thought to
use it as a marmalade.

Jim

Michael Plant wrote:
> Jane thlink.net11/13/05
>

> > I can buy jars of it prepared (sort of like a jar of lemon marmalade) at my
> > local oriental market. Just add water and heat. And yes, it does not
> > contain tea leaves or tea of any kind.

> May I be serious? It sounds neat. I'll look for it.
> Michael

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey

Michael Plant > wrote:
>Jane thlink.net11/13/05

>> I can buy jars of it prepared (sort of like a jar of lemon marmalade) at my
>> local oriental market. Just add water and heat. And yes, it does not
>> contain tea leaves or tea of any kind.

>May I be serious? It sounds neat. I'll look for it.

It is good, and I occasionally drink it in the afternoon when I don't want
something caffeinated. Keep the stuff refrigerated, though, or it will go
bad. In Korean markets down here, I see the Sam Hwa brand and the Da Jung
brand.

Sadly, I don't see citron for sale fresh around here ever, which is a
shame since it makes a great marmalade and is good in fruitcakes and
gingerbread cookies too.

Another interesting Korean tisane is the "ginger tea" which comes in
little pellets. I rather like that in the afternoon as well.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
stePH

Japanese Sencha and Indian Darjeeling
Celon with cinnamon, clove and orange peeling
Bricks of Puer shipped from far overseas
These are a few of my favorite teas ...

.... sorry, I got carried away. As you were ....

stePH
--
GoogleGroups licks balls.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Melinda

"stePH" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Japanese Sencha and Indian Darjeeling
> Celon with cinnamon, clove and orange peeling
> Bricks of Puer shipped from far overseas
> These are a few of my favorite teas ...
>

> ... sorry, I got carried away. As you were ....
>

> stePH

Oh thanks a lot stePH, now I have an ear cootie...:P ;D

(It is sort of that time of year though isn't it? I always associate The
Sound of Music with Christmas...)

Melinda

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
stePH

Melinda wrote:
> I always associate The Sound of Music with Christmas...)

Not sure why exactly ... but the local radio station that plays
Christmas music has "My Favorite Things" in the Christmas rotation. At
least, they have for the last couple of years; they're not playing
Christmas music yet this year.

stePH
--
GoogleGroups sucks ass.