Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
stePH

Default Ginger Peach Black

Finally managed to return to Seattle's Perennial Tea Room just off Pike
Place Market last night. I picked up half a pound of the ginger peach
black tea. I've tried it before and liked it; it's been too long since
I'd had it so I wanted to stock up.

This is the *only* ginger peach I've had that is actually *good*. The
others I've tried range from passable to awful:

* Zhena's Gypsy Tea "Passionate Peach" (bagged): not bad for a bagged
tea. Pretty close to the flavor of the Perennial Tea Room's offering,
but a little less gingery.

* Republic of Tea "Ginger Peach" (bagged): First ginger-peach I ever
tried. More ginger than peach, it actually overpowers everything else.
I can drink it but I'd rather have Zhena's.

* The Tao of Tea "Ginger Peach" (loose): also contains marigold petals
(why?) Has a sour/rancid smell and taste. Almost undrinkable -- good
thing I only bought one ounce to try it.

Does anybody have any other recommendations? Any notable ginger-peach
that I haven't tried yet?

stePH
--
GoogleGroups licks balls.