Mydnight

Default PICTURES of DURIAN FRUITS

>PICTURES of DURIAN FRUITS:

Got some pics of these smelly, but delicious fruits. It's commonly
eaten in Southeast China during the summer:

http://www.themydnighthour.net/pics/...es/image26.htm and

http://www.themydnighthour.net/pics/...es/image27.htm

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Tim Chmielewski

"Mydnight" > wrote in news:1130316752.389676.252530
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> http://www.themydnighthour.net/pics/...es/image27.htm

" My entire apartment smelled like rotten eggs for 2 days after eating it."

This is why you go to someone else's apartment to eat it.

--
My Photos : http://photos.timchuma.com
The Twits Give Me the Shits : http://twitsgivemetheshits.timchuma.com
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>" My entire apartment smelled like rotten eggs for 2 days after eating it."

>This is why you go to someone else's apartment to eat it.

It was my first time eating it. After the first time, I usually ate it
outside.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Tim Chmielewski

"Mydnight" > wrote in
ps.com:

> It was my first time eating it. After the first time, I usually ate
> it outside.

I have only tried eating durian ice cream once. I didn't like it as I
burped and farted durian for the rest of the day.

--
My Photos : http://photos.timchuma.com
The Twits Give Me the Shits : http://twitsgivemetheshits.timchuma.com
Tim's Hong Kong movie reviews: http://hkmovies.timchuma.com
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Doomella

"Tim Chmielewski" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Mydnight" > wrote in
> ps.com:
>

>> It was my first time eating it. After the first time, I usually ate
>> it outside.
>>

> I have only tried eating durian ice cream once. I didn't like it as I
> burped and farted durian for the rest of the day.

It's considered a powerful aphrodisiac in southeast Asian countries. Here,
in NYC's Chinatown, they're careful to cover slices in plastic because it
smells like overripe Limburger cheese. I tasted it in Malaysia... it's very
cheesy and rather pungent, but not bad once you get past the fact that it
doesn't smell anything like a "fruit."

Incidentally, I didn't rape anybody or anything after ingesting it, but it's
pretty interesting. I certainly cannot imagine it as an ice cream!

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Glenn Knickerbocker

On 27 Oct 2005 02:35:02 GMT, Tim Chmielewski wrote:
>I have only tried eating durian ice cream once. I didn't like it as I
>burped and farted durian for the rest of the day.

For similar reasons, remember never to eat chocolate later in the same
day when you have eaten sea urchin.

¬R
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Melinda

"Doomella" > wrote in message
> It's considered a powerful aphrodisiac in southeast Asian countries. Here,
> in NYC's Chinatown, they're careful to cover slices in plastic because it
> smells like overripe Limburger cheese. I tasted it in Malaysia... it's
> very cheesy and rather pungent, but not bad once you get past the fact
> that it doesn't smell anything like a "fruit."

I tried it , I really did. Nasty. I think the thing that bothered me the
most was that is smelled like onion and tasted like a fruit ..or maybe it
was the other way around. Anyhow, the smell and the taste didn't even
remotely match and that really turned me off. As far as it being an
aphrodesiac...any man coming to my bed smelling like durian gets to
sleep...outside..lol.

Melinda

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Mark South

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 03:42:43 +0000, Doomella wrote:

> Anything at all is considered a powerful aphrodisiac in southeast Asian
> countries.

IFYPFY.
--
mark south: world citizen, net denizen
echo |tr a-z n-za-m

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Doomella

"Mark South" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 03:42:43 +0000, Doomella wrote:
>
>> Anything at all is considered a powerful aphrodisiac in southeast Asian
>> countries.

> IFYPFY.

No, you broke it.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Mark South

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:35:53 +0000, Doomella wrote:

> "Mark South" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 03:42:43 +0000, Doomella wrote:
>>
>>> Anything at all is considered a powerful aphrodisiac in southeast Asian
>>> countries.

>> IFYPFY.

> No, you broke it.

Damn, that was clumsy of me. Give me another chance - you don't think I
would break your posts repeatedly, surely?
--
mark south: world citizen, net denizen
echo |tr a-z n-za-m

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Otto Bahn

"Glenn Knickerbocker" > wrote

>>I have only tried eating durian ice cream once. I didn't like it as I
>>burped and farted durian for the rest of the day.

W, W, W, W, WTMI.

> For similar reasons, remember never to eat chocolate later in the same
> day when you have eaten sea urchin.

I don't want to know. I don't want to know what happened,
or why someone would eat sea urchin.

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Glenn Knickerbocker

Otto Bahn wrote:
> or why someone would eat sea urchin.

I don't know if I will ever want to again, but it was actually rather
tasty as long as it wasn't within sniffing distance of chocolate.

¬R
Posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Preesi

Diane wrote:
> In article >,
> Glenn Knickerbocker > wrote:
>
>> I don't know if I will ever want to again, but it was actually rather
>> tasty as long as it wasn't within sniffing distance of chocolate.

> What happens to sea urchins when they get a whiff of chocolate, then?

Sea Urchin is my most hated sushi variety

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>It's considered a powerful aphrodisiac in southeast Asian countries.

I had heard that before, and when I asked someone here in China, they
said it wasn't true. Must be further south than here. I'm in
Guangdong.

Taste-wise, if you can get past the smell, it is damn good! It tastes
like some kind of sweet custard, I think.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Doomella

"Mydnight" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> >It's considered a powerful aphrodisiac in southeast Asian countries.

> I had heard that before, and when I asked someone here in China, they
> said it wasn't true. Must be further south than here. I'm in
> Guangdong.

It was in Southeast Asia that we were told this -- either in Malaysia or
Indonesia.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Preesi

Doomella wrote:
> "Mydnight" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>> It's considered a powerful aphrodisiac in southeast Asian countries.

>> I had heard that before, and when I asked someone here in China, they
>> said it wasn't true. Must be further south than here. I'm in
>> Guangdong.

> It was in Southeast Asia that we were told this -- either in Malaysia
> or Indonesia.

Okay we've discussed Durian, now lets discuss Crackseed!
I love Li Hing Mui alot!

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~
"Can someone bring back Pointcast already!"
~~~~~~~~~
My Websites and Favorite Links: http://tinyurl.com/yvw45
AIM/SidekickII Name: PreesiGirl
Skype: Preesi

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Preesi

Preesi wrote:
> Doomella wrote:
>> "Mydnight" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>>
>>> I had heard that before, and when I asked someone here in China,
>>> they said it wasn't true. Must be further south than here. I'm in
>>> Guangdong.

>> It was in Southeast Asia that we were told this -- either in Malaysia
>> or Indonesia.

> Okay we've discussed Durian, now lets discuss Crackseed!
> I love Li Hing Mui alot!

Also, Bubble Tea and Mochi and Dried Cuttlefish

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~
"Can someone bring back Pointcast already!"
~~~~~~~~~
My Websites and Favorite Links: http://tinyurl.com/yvw45
AIM/SidekickII Name: PreesiGirl
Skype: Preesi

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Subscriber1997

"Preesi" > wrote in message
> Doomella wrote:
>> "Mydnight" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>>
>>> I had heard that before, and when I asked someone here in China, they
>>> said it wasn't true. Must be further south than here. I'm in
>>> Guangdong.

>> It was in Southeast Asia that we were told this -- either in Malaysia
>> or Indonesia.

> Okay we've discussed Durian, now lets discuss Crackseed!
> I love Li Hing Mui alot!
>

> --
> preesi
> ~~~~~~~~~
>who the **** is ling hing mui?

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Preesi

Subscriber1997 wrote:
> "Preesi" > wrote in message
>> Doomella wrote:
>>> "Mydnight" > wrote in message
>>> ups.com...

>>> It was in Southeast Asia that we were told this -- either in
>>> Malaysia or Indonesia.

>> Okay we've discussed Durian, now lets discuss Crackseed!
>> I love Li Hing Mui alot!
>>

>> --
>> preesi
>> ~~~~~~~~~
>> who the **** is ling hing mui?

OMG Riccie! Its Crackseed!
Its Chinese preserved plums! They are a popular snack in Hawaii, along
with Bubbletea, ShaveIce and Spam Musubi.
They are little plums dried with sugar and a hint of licorice powder
that you suck and chew, then spit out the inner seeds...
ADDICTIVE!
Read on: http://www.crackseed.com
(click on Plums for the original Li Hing Mui)

In Hawaii they sell Li Hing Mui powder to dust fruit salads, add to Ice
Cream, cakes etc...

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~
"Can someone bring back Pointcast already!"
~~~~~~~~~
My Websites and Favorite Links: http://tinyurl.com/yvw45
AIM/SidekickII Name: PreesiGirl
Skype: Preesi

Posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Subscriber1997

"Preesi" > wrote in message
> Diane wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Glenn Knickerbocker > wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know if I will ever want to again, but it was actually rather
>>> tasty as long as it wasn't within sniffing distance of chocolate.

>> What happens to sea urchins when they get a whiff of chocolate, then?

> Sea Urchin is my most hated sushi variety
>

> --
> preesi
> ~~~~~~~~~
> we're all gettin to know a helluva lot

about you pressella

send me a pic
of you eatin fish raw k?
tia

Posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Preesi

Subscriber1997 wrote:
> "Preesi" > wrote in message
>> Diane wrote:

>>> What happens to sea urchins when they get a whiff of chocolate,
>>> then?

>> Sea Urchin is my most hated sushi variety
>>

>> --
>> preesi
>> ~~~~~~~~~
>> we're all gettin to know a helluva lot

> about you pressella
>
> send me a pic
> of you eatin fish raw k?
> tia

NO

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~
"Can someone bring back Pointcast already!"
~~~~~~~~~
My Websites and Favorite Links: http://tinyurl.com/yvw45
AIM/SidekickII Name: PreesiGirl
Skype: Preesi

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey

Preesi > wrote:
>Doomella wrote:
>> "Mydnight" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>>
>>> I had heard that before, and when I asked someone here in China, they
>>> said it wasn't true. Must be further south than here. I'm in
>>> Guangdong.

>> It was in Southeast Asia that we were told this -- either in Malaysia
>> or Indonesia.

>Okay we've discussed Durian, now lets discuss Crackseed!
>I love Li Hing Mui alot!

Sometime when I go sing, my throat get all dry. But Yick Lung li hing mui
make 'em all better. I like the flavour of.... Yick Lung!
--scott

I can still sing the Ajinomoto song too, much to my wife's dismay.
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Preesi

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Preesi > wrote:
>> Doomella wrote:
>>> "Mydnight" > wrote in message
>>> ups.com...

>>> It was in Southeast Asia that we were told this -- either in
>>> Malaysia or Indonesia.

>> Okay we've discussed Durian, now lets discuss Crackseed!
>> I love Li Hing Mui alot!

> Sometime when I go sing, my throat get all dry. But Yick Lung li
> hing mui make 'em all better. I like the flavour of.... Yick Lung!
> --scott
>
> I can still sing the Ajinomoto song too, much to my wife's dismay.

Ajinomoto?
MSG???
LOL

I personally LOVE Ramune and Calpis and Pocari Sweat!

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~
"Can someone bring back Pointcast already!"
~~~~~~~~~
My Websites and Favorite Links: http://tinyurl.com/yvw45
AIM/SidekickII Name: PreesiGirl
Skype: Preesi

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Preesi

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Preesi > wrote:
>> Doomella wrote:
>>> "Mydnight" > wrote in message
>>> ups.com...

>>> It was in Southeast Asia that we were told this -- either in
>>> Malaysia or Indonesia.

>> Okay we've discussed Durian, now lets discuss Crackseed!
>> I love Li Hing Mui alot!

> Sometime when I go sing, my throat get all dry. But Yick Lung li
> hing mui make 'em all better. I like the flavour of.... Yick Lung!
> --scott
>
> I can still sing the Ajinomoto song too, much to my wife's dismay.

OOOOh! Lets not EVER forget POCKY!

--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~
"Can someone bring back Pointcast already!"
~~~~~~~~~
My Websites and Favorite Links: http://tinyurl.com/yvw45
AIM/SidekickII Name: PreesiGirl
Skype: Preesi

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.food.drink.tea
Tim Chmielewski

"Preesi" > wrote in news:hqidnVjfKO6oG_7eRVn-
:

> Also, Bubble Tea and Mochi and Dried Cuttlefish

I tried to eat "Sugar Cuttlefish" once, I had to take it back to the store
as I am a wimp and I didn't want to stink up a public rubbish bin by
throwing it out. (I did get a co-worker to eat it though.)

--
My Photos :
http://photos.timchuma.com
The Twits Give Me the Shits : http://twitsgivemetheshits.timchuma.com
Tim's Hong Kong movie reviews: http://hkmovies.timchuma.com

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant

\

> OMG Riccie! Its Crackseed!
> Its Chinese preserved plums! They are a popular snack in Hawaii, along
> with Bubbletea, ShaveIce and Spam Musubi.
> They are little plums dried with sugar and a hint of licorice powder
> that you suck and chew, then spit out the inner seeds...
> ADDICTIVE!
> Read on: http://www.crackseed.com
> (click on Plums for the original Li Hing Mui)
>
> In Hawaii they sell Li Hing Mui powder to dust fruit salads, add to Ice
> Cream, cakes etc...

Wow, many thank yous, preesi. I had put a New York City spin on it.
Glad you clarified it. I thought I had to sever my connection with
this group.(Crack seed, indeed!)

Michael

Durian Helpful person General Cooking 21 09-04-2013 04:12 PM
Get the red hot pictures, images & Pictures of the BollywoodActresses sureka General Cooking 0 10-05-2008 12:41 PM
Durian Joe Asian Cooking 0 22-11-2005 01:08 AM
PICTURES of DURIAN FRUITS David M. Harris Tea 0 11-10-2005 02:59 AM
Durian Peter Dy Asian Cooking 8 08-10-2003 03:54 PM