TeaDave

Default Caffiene Hangover

Last night I stayed up until 5 a.m. attempting to finish writing a
computer program which was due for class today. In order to keep myself
awake and focused, I brewed a medium sized cup of Caykur Rize tea at
about 3 in the morning. After a few hours of futile work, I gave up and
went to bed. I awoke at about 10:30, only to find I had a splitting
headache which felt very similar to an alcoholic hangover. The headache
vanished completely after I returned to sleep for an extra hour and a
half. I hadn't consumed any alcohol recently, or anything else to mess
with my brain chemistry, except for the tea.
I am curious to know whether anyone else has experienced, or has heard
about this odd 'tea hangover?'

toci

Deadline stress can also give headaches. Toci
TeaDave wrote:
> Last night I stayed up until 5 a.m. attempting to finish writing a
> computer program which was due for class today. In order to keep myself
> awake and focused, I brewed a medium sized cup of Caykur Rize tea at
> about 3 in the morning. After a few hours of futile work, I gave up and
> went to bed. I awoke at about 10:30, only to find I had a splitting
> headache which felt very similar to an alcoholic hangover. The headache
> vanished completely after I returned to sleep for an extra hour and a
> half. I hadn't consumed any alcohol recently, or anything else to mess
> with my brain chemistry, except for the tea.
> I am curious to know whether anyone else has experienced, or has heard
> about this odd 'tea hangover?'

Derek

On 6 Oct 2005 02:09:44 -0700, TeaDave wrote:

> I am curious to know whether anyone else has experienced, or has heard
> about this odd 'tea hangover?'

I have found that certain teas, if consumed in too great of
quantities, will produce a "dry brain" feeling. It's the same feeling
I get if I get dehydrated from overexertion and hot weather.

Usually, drinking a couple of glasses of water is a quick cure for me.

--
Derek

"Politics does not make strange bedfellows. Marriage does." -- Groucho
Marx

Caffiene and the wonders of Coffee documented 47689 Mark Thorson Chocolate 0 26-02-2009 08:16 PM
Caffiene and the wonders of Coffee documented 65963 Mark Thorson Chocolate 0 02-02-2009 08:30 PM
Caffiene in tea - Long brew vs. Short brew Linda Tea 11 27-02-2006 01:47 PM
hangover cures [email protected] Beer 2 04-01-2005 11:03 PM
Hangover remedies? [email protected] General Cooking 10 20-12-2004 07:12 PM