Ripon

Default Tea- my lucky drink

Dear Tea friends:

How are you all? I am doing fine, just busy with my work, traveling,
social work and tea adventure. Thought I didn't write for a while but I
always think of you. Wherever I was, I always had my laptop with me and
tried to type my tea and travel adventure. You will see my messages
without date, yesterday, today, last month etc. Just ignore the time,
enjoy the post. I tried to type whenever I had time. The headline will
guide you about the topic and place. I will try to post one after
another whenever I can. Enjoy....

Ripon
Maputo, Mozambique
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was Mayfair day. This is one of the largest ex-pat gathering
in the American International school(AIS)/Mozambique. This is a huge
get together event with all ex-pats, corporate parents and local
diplomats. Some of the sponsor companies were- Coca-Cola, Vodacom and
Land Rover(I guess part of GM now) and many other local vendors. This
is a huge event when AIS makes a lot of money for the school fund. My
daughter Sophia go to the school and got the responsibility to sell
some tickets for the raffle draw. She is too young to do this kind of
thing so she came to me and requested to buy all her numbers because
she didn't know, what to do with them. Her teacher also knew that at
the end parents will buy the tickets, good strategy- I am the soft
father who can never say no to any kids- specially Sophia(4 years old)
and Damien(my 2 years old son). I don't mind to spoil them because my
father spoiled me too-

Anyway, after got the money Sophia left her raffle tickets on my tea
table. She knew that when I drink tea, I am easy to deal with- I
went to my tea room for some different tea(Xi Hu Long Jing from
Jingtea). When I came back, I found out the raffles tickets are
floating in my tea cup. My two years old son Damien was playing with my
brewed QiQiang long jing from Jingtea sample. The sample was very
little, I was very upset. Damien has the best innocent smile on earth.
Total 10 tickets(worth $10) were wet and couple of them were for free
tea or Coffee. I left them outside because I though I might have some
free tea in the fair.

Next morning the Mayfair day. I took my dry antique looking tickets
with me. The fair was wonderful and huge. All we did buy and buy
because we want our school to make a lot of money. The product offering
was from kids stuffs, furniture, African art, 4XD SUV- everything. I
didn't have any chance to drink tea because I was playing with many
kids and meeting many people. After a long day, I was tired and came
back home early. One of my friend called me and said- I won free gift
voucher for three nights in Royal Swazi Sun Hotel, Swaziland. Royal
Swazi Sun Hotel is truly seven star standard hotel with 18 holes golf
club. One of the best golf club in the world. The huge hotel is
surrounded by hills, full of colorful wild flowers. Ah, my lucky ticket
number...

Indeed, tea is my lucky drinks-

Ripon
Maputo, Mozambique