Space Cowboy

Default My first potential seller on Ebay China

I contacted a Pu'er seller on Ebay China who has a fantastic selection
at good prices with hundreds and hundreds of satisfied buyers. I send
inquiries in English and he responds in Chinese which I pass through
Babelfish. I can tell he hasn't shipped international and is not sure
of PayPal international payments even though his auctions indicate as
such. If it is PayPal.CN then that requires China CC and Bank accounts
for the buyer. If it is PayPal.Com then international payments are
accepted through the financial institutions of either. Of course
someone pays the international currency piper. I know it usually isn't
the buyer because I use PayPal with other countries. He's in the
process of checking out China Post and PayPal.Com. On one of his
replies he thought Pu'er would end up in quarantine because it is an
agricultural product which contains a bug. That gave me a chuckle. I
replied with how he fills out a customs declaration. I'll keep
everyone informed how it pans out one way or the other. When it is
early morning here it is early tonight in Beijing.

Jim

Alex Chaihorsky

I would not mind translating for you anything that is not too long.

Sasha.

"Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I contacted a Pu'er seller on Ebay China who has a fantastic selection
> at good prices with hundreds and hundreds of satisfied buyers. I send
> inquiries in English and he responds in Chinese which I pass through
> Babelfish. I can tell he hasn't shipped international and is not sure
> of PayPal international payments even though his auctions indicate as
> such. If it is PayPal.CN then that requires China CC and Bank accounts
> for the buyer. If it is PayPal.Com then international payments are
> accepted through the financial institutions of either. Of course
> someone pays the international currency piper. I know it usually isn't
> the buyer because I use PayPal with other countries. He's in the
> process of checking out China Post and PayPal.Com. On one of his
> replies he thought Pu'er would end up in quarantine because it is an
> agricultural product which contains a bug. That gave me a chuckle. I
> replied with how he fills out a customs declaration. I'll keep
> everyone informed how it pans out one way or the other. When it is
> early morning here it is early tonight in Beijing.
>

> Jim

Space Cowboy

Thanks, Sasha. I'll take you up on that if things get lost in
translation or hit a road block. Heretofore when I fire off Messages
on China Ebay I don't hear anything back. However Ebay thinks they're
a favorite seller so I get Messages on any of their new auctions. It
took me awhile to figure out how to stop that on Ebay. He said he
would check out China Post and payments through PayPal. There must be
someone at the other end who understands my English but the replies are
in brief Chinese and nothing Babelfish can't handle so far. I think
the Chinese might be a test to see how serious I am. How hard can it
be? Most of the seller's stuff is Buy-It-Now, I pay, he ships. That's
the international game Ebay wants to play. He sounds interested which
is the first bite so far. I would hope Ebay is educating it's Chinese
sellers on international sales. The European sellers are up to speed
even the ones from Russia where I get my occasional Lomonosov. The
real problem so far is the jet lag with the 24 hour turn around.

Jim

Alex Chaihorsky wrote:
> I would not mind translating for you anything that is not too long.
>
> Sasha.
>
> "Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >I contacted a Pu'er seller on Ebay China who has a fantastic selection
> > at good prices with hundreds and hundreds of satisfied buyers. I send
> > inquiries in English and he responds in Chinese which I pass through
> > Babelfish.

....I delete me...

Hot dog seller gets first foie gras fine Gregory Morrow[_29_] General Cooking 2 01-04-2007 06:25 PM
Feedback on Ebay tea seller Ozzy Tea 10 08-08-2005 02:54 AM
Pu on Ebay China Space Cowboy Tea 0 04-08-2005 10:15 PM
Bonnat seller in the USA? Geoffrey Bard Chocolate 0 19-11-2004 11:38 PM
Anyone know about this ebay seller? Steve Calvin Barbecue 0 24-08-2004 02:46 AM