Judy Konopka

Default coffee versus tea people

I thought this might be an interesting question.

Many of the more introspective people I know drink tea. And many of the more
extroverted people I know drink coffee. I drink both (coffee in the morning,
tea at night, so I'm not sure what that makes me). I know in
rec.food.drink.coffee, there's many more posts than here....I understand
generalizations are sometimes unfair, but I wonder if there's ever been a
study of personality types and what preferences, tea versus coffee, they
have. Anyone have any thoughts?

Falky foo

coffee is a tool of the middle class to better serve their masters.

"Judy Konopka" > wrote in message
.. .
> I thought this might be an interesting question.
>
> Many of the more introspective people I know drink tea. And many of the

more
> extroverted people I know drink coffee. I drink both (coffee in the

morning,
> tea at night, so I'm not sure what that makes me). I know in
> rec.food.drink.coffee, there's many more posts than here....I understand
> generalizations are sometimes unfair, but I wonder if there's ever been a
> study of personality types and what preferences, tea versus coffee, they
> have. Anyone have any thoughts?

Derek

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:20:38 GMT, Judy Konopka wrote:

> I thought this might be an interesting question.
>
> Many of the more introspective people I know drink tea. And many of the more
> extroverted people I know drink coffee. I drink both (coffee in the morning,
> tea at night, so I'm not sure what that makes me). I know in
> rec.food.drink.coffee, there's many more posts than here....I understand
> generalizations are sometimes unfair, but I wonder if there's ever been a
> study of personality types and what preferences, tea versus coffee, they
> have. Anyone have any thoughts?

There are fewer posts in this group because tea drinkers tend to be
luddites. I mean, when was the last time anyone in this group talked
about dangers of heating water in one of them new-fangled microwaves?

--
Derek

"Talking with you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out
of body experience." -- Bill Watterson ("Calvin & Hobbes")
Melinda

> There are fewer posts in this group because tea drinkers tend to be
> luddites.>
> --
> Derek

01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000
01100001 00100000 01001100 01110101 01100100 01100100 01101001 01110100
01100101 00101110

(I'm not a Luddite.)

Melinda

toci

You'd sort of have to limit a study to time and place. Would what
would go for middle America now go for !9th century England or 18th
century China? Toci
Falky foo wrote:
> coffee is a tool of the middle class to better serve their masters.
>

> "Judy Konopka" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > I thought this might be an interesting question.
> >
> > Many of the more introspective people I know drink tea. And many of the

> more
> > extroverted people I know drink coffee. I drink both (coffee in the

> morning,
> > tea at night, so I'm not sure what that makes me). I know in
> > rec.food.drink.coffee, there's many more posts than here....I understand
> > generalizations are sometimes unfair, but I wonder if there's ever been a
> > study of personality types and what preferences, tea versus coffee, they
> > have. Anyone have any thoughts?

Scott Dorsey

Melinda > wrote:

>> There are fewer posts in this group because tea drinkers tend to be
>> luddites.>

>01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000
>01100001 00100000 01001100 01110101 01100100 01100100 01101001 01110100
>01100101 00101110
>
>(I'm not a Luddite.)

... .- -- .-.-.-
--scott
Scott Dorsey

In article <y2w_e.8694$qC4.2938@trnddc02>, DPM > wrote:

>She's speaking in ASCII. It's how computers encode text.

Unless you're a Luddite, in which case they use EBCDIC, CDC Display Code,
or Friden Five-Level.
--scott

Melinda

> .. .- -- .-.-.-
> --scott
> --

Wow does that take me back...

(And I think strictly speaking it's binary I was typing in, not ASCII,
although ASCII is what it translates. But what do I know.the only
programming I ever did was in Apple Basic. Oh, and I cheated and didn't work
it out on my own, I had to use an online translator. So I'm not the
ubergeek.)

Melinda

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> Melinda > wrote:
>>
>>> There are fewer posts in this group because tea drinkers tend to be
>>> luddites.>

>>01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000
>>01100001 00100000 01001100 01110101 01100100 01100100 01101001 01110100
>>01100101 00101110
>>
>>(I'm not a Luddite.)

> --scott

danube

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:20:38 +0000, Judy Konopka wrote:

> I thought this might be an interesting question.
>
> Many of the more introspective people I know drink tea. And many of the
> more extroverted people I know drink coffee. I drink both (coffee in the
> morning, tea at night, so I'm not sure what that makes me). I know in
> rec.food.drink.coffee, there's many more posts than here....I understand
> generalizations are sometimes unfair, but I wonder if there's ever been a
> study of personality types and what preferences, tea versus coffee, they
> have. Anyone have any thoughts?

Are there many coffee-drinking vegetarians?
Larry Weil

danube > wrote in
news

> Are there many coffee-drinking vegetarians?

I can't answer for many, but I can say there's at least one. She works
with me, drinks coffee, and is an active member of PETA.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH
Derek

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 01:24:47 -0700, Melinda wrote:

>> There are fewer posts in this group because tea drinkers tend to be
>> luddites.>
>> --
>> Derek

> 01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000
> 01100001 00100000 01001100 01110101 01100100 01100100 01101001 01110100
> 01100101 00101110
>

> (I'm not a Luddite.)
>

> Melinda

No, you're not. But a geek binary other name is still a geek.

--
Derek

It's amazing how much easier it is for a team to work together when no
one has any idea where they're going.
Natarajan Krishnaswami

On 2005-09-28, danube > wrote:
> Are there many coffee-drinking vegetarians?

Yes, many millions.

N., coffee is a tisane
crymad

Larry Weil wrote:
> danube > wrote in
> news >
>> Are there many coffee-drinking vegetarians?
>>

> I can't answer for many, but I can say there's at least one.
> She works with me, drinks coffee, and is an active member of
> PETA.

Definitely not my type. My wife drinks tea, wears fur, and
swallows anything I put into her mouth.

--crymad

Steve Hay

All caffiene addicts are equal, just some are more equal than others.

Judy Konopka wrote:
> I thought this might be an interesting question.
>
> Many of the more introspective people I know drink tea. And many of the more
> extroverted people I know drink coffee. I drink both (coffee in the morning,
> tea at night, so I'm not sure what that makes me). I know in
> rec.food.drink.coffee, there's many more posts than here....I understand
> generalizations are sometimes unfair, but I wonder if there's ever been a
> study of personality types and what preferences, tea versus coffee, they
> have. Anyone have any thoughts?

Marlene Wood

!

>>> Are there many coffee-drinking vegetarians?
>>>

>> I can't answer for many, but I can say there's at least one.
>> She works with me, drinks coffee, and is an active member of
>> PETA.

> Definitely not my type. My wife drinks tea, wears fur, and
> swallows anything I put into her mouth.
>
> --crymad

kuri

"Judy Konopka" > wrote in message

>I understand
> generalizations are sometimes unfair, but I wonder if there's ever been a
> study of personality types and what preferences, tea versus coffee, they
> have. Anyone have any thoughts?

90% of the people I know drink tea and coffee, depending on occasions or
offer. What's the conclusion ?

Kuri

danube

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:15:18 -0700, crymad wrote:

> Larry Weil wrote:
>> danube > wrote in
>> news >>
>>> Are there many coffee-drinking vegetarians?
>>>

>> I can't answer for many, but I can say there's at least one. She works
>> with me, drinks coffee, and is an active member of PETA.

> Definitely not my type. My wife drinks tea, wears fur, and swallows
> anything I put into her mouth.
>
> --crymad

Good God !

Judy Konopka

Actually I'm a coffee drinking vegetarian, but I'm also a tea drinking
vegetarian. But it does seem most vegetarians like herbal teas.

"danube" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:20:38 +0000, Judy Konopka wrote:
>
>> I thought this might be an interesting question.
>>
>> Many of the more introspective people I know drink tea. And many of the
>> more extroverted people I know drink coffee. I drink both (coffee in the
>> morning, tea at night, so I'm not sure what that makes me). I know in
>> rec.food.drink.coffee, there's many more posts than here....I understand
>> generalizations are sometimes unfair, but I wonder if there's ever been a
>> study of personality types and what preferences, tea versus coffee, they
>> have. Anyone have any thoughts?

> Are there many coffee-drinking vegetarians?

Michael Plant

/29/05

> "Judy Konopka" > wrote in message
>
>> I understand
>> generalizations are sometimes unfair, but I wonder if there's ever been a
>> study of personality types and what preferences, tea versus coffee, they
>> have. Anyone have any thoughts?

> 90% of the people I know drink tea and coffee, depending on occasions or
> offer. What's the conclusion ?
>
> Kuri

OK, I'm in.

Tea comes from God, who, in his infinite wisdom, supplied it so we can
better know him. Coffee comes from the Devil, fallen out of heaven, and
dedicated to preventing our salvation. Think on this seriously. Those who
truly believe will not drink coffee.

Hope this helps clarify.

Michael

kuri

"Michael Plant" > wrote in message

>Coffee comes from the Devil, fallen out of heaven,

That's why coffee can be so good and why it takes its deliciousness from the
fire...

> Tea comes from God, who, in his infinite wisdom, supplied it so we can
> better know him.

Oh no, tea's taste as boring as Lourdes water. And we'd all have to look for
another vice.

About the *God* that is said to bring tea in Chinese litterature, my
Japanese teacher told me that was a sort if wizard, a guy talking to the
gods to steal them a few magical secrets... That will be explained in a
future episode of Harry Potter.

Kuri

Michael Plant

/29/05

> "Michael Plant" > wrote in message
>

>> Coffee comes from the Devil, fallen out of heaven,

> That's why coffee can be so good and why it takes its deliciousness from the
> fire...
>
>> Tea comes from God, who, in his infinite wisdom, supplied it so we can
>> better know him.

> Oh no, tea's taste as boring as Lourdes water. And we'd all have to look for
> another vice.
>
> About the *God* that is said to bring tea in Chinese litterature, my
> Japanese teacher told me that was a sort if wizard, a guy talking to the
> gods to steal them a few magical secrets... That will be explained in a
> future episode of Harry Potter.
>
> Kuri

Some damned fairy, I suppose?
Michael

Natarajan Krishnaswami

On 2005-09-29, Scott Dorsey > wrote:
> Natarajan Krishnaswami > wrote:
>>On 2005-09-28, danube > wrote:
>>> Are there many coffee-drinking vegetarians?

>>Yes, many millions.

> BUT, I bet they don't drink that "kopi luwak" coffee that has been
> excreted by civets. Because that isn't vegan, right?

Well, the ones I had in mind tend not to be vegans: there's a heck lot
of coffee drunk in south India (almost always with milk), and a heck
of a lot of vegetarians, with substantial overlap between these
populations.

N., mmm, bean soup

Michael Plant

Scott /29/05

> Natarajan Krishnaswami > wrote:
>> On 2005-09-28, danube > wrote:
>>> Are there many coffee-drinking vegetarians?

>> Yes, many millions.

> BUT, I bet they don't drink that "kopi luwak" coffee that has been
> excreted by civets. Because that isn't vegan, right?
>
>> N., coffee is a tisane

> I thought it was a bean soup?

You guys absolutely disgust me!
That's probably why I like you.