Member

Smile Did your health improve using Tea Therapy?

Just curious and would want to know the appropriate servings per day.. Any info would be greatly appreciated...
toci

TheGourmetApprentice wrote:
> Just curious and would want to know the appropriate servings per day..
> Any info would be greatly appreciated...
>

> --
> TheGourmetApprentice Difficult to tell, isn't it? I've been drinking about a quart of iced tea and a pint of herbal tisanes this last summer in place of coffee with contamitants and pop. Not to mention that stuff made out of coloring matter. I think it must be good for me. Toci

Chinesetea

Recent research exploring the potential health attributes of tea is
leading many scientists to agree that tea, both black and green, may
contribute positively to a healthy lifestyle.

"Fruits, vegetables, and tea all contain important antioxidants.
Research suggests these phytonutrients may contribute substantially to
the promotion of health and the prevention of chronic disease. For
example, recent research studies reveal the antioxidants in tea may
inhibit the growth of cancer cells and support cardiovascular health,"

For me, to tell the truth, I can not bear one day without tea. It is
really hard to say on which effect to improve your health obviously.
But it's sure to drink tea with a healthy lifestyle.

Enjoy tea, enjoy life.

http://www.mrentea.com

Dieter Folz

TheGourmetApprentice schrieb:

> Just curious and would want to know the appropriate servings per day..
> Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Nope. I for myself definitely not.
A college of mine changed two years ago from coffee to tea becuase of
stomac problems, he also had to change his diet. The only thing
happened was that he drinks twice as much tea as coffee before, must
have to to something with the coffeine. Of course, his stomac problems
are better so far (less acid because of no coffee and the changes in
his diet).

Personally, I really doubt if there are practical effects outside of
the lab, beyond a purely statistical significance or some correlational
studies where you have as much of contrary results in other studies
(look at the red wine hype where French studies found positive effects
and Swedish studies found negative effects on heart deaseses). And I
think drinking tea for health reasons instead you just love the taste
is just stupid. BTW, talking about drinking huge amounts of tea on a
dayly basis, we also have to talk about coffeeinism. With herb teas we
have to talk about side effects too.

My advice: if you have a health problem, go and see a doctor.

Dieter

stePH

Dieter Folz wrote:
> TheGourmetApprentice schrieb:
>
> > Just curious and would want to know the appropriate servings per day..
> > Any info would be greatly appreciated...

> Nope. I for myself definitely not.
> A college of mine changed two years ago from coffee to tea ...

The whole student body switched? Or did the campus cafeteria just stop
serving coffee in favor of tea? (And what college of yours was this?)

stePH
--
GoogleGroups licks balls.

toci

If you didn't know how to spell, how would you spell "collegue?" And
it's bad form to correct spelling on the net. I tell you this as a
former English teacher and a goddess, otherwise it would be bad form
for me. Toci
stePH wrote:
> Dieter Folz wrote:
> > TheGourmetApprentice schrieb:
> >
> > > Just curious and would want to know the appropriate servings per day..
> > > Any info would be greatly appreciated...

> > Nope. I for myself definitely not.
> > A college of mine changed two years ago from coffee to tea ...

> The whole student body switched? Or did the campus cafeteria just stop
> serving coffee in favor of tea? (And what college of yours was this?)
>

> stePH
> --
> GoogleGroups licks balls.

stePH

toci wrote:
> If you didn't know how to spell, how would you spell "collegue?"

Hard to say, since I do know how. "cawleeg" maybe.

> And
> it's bad form to correct spelling on the net. I tell you this as a
> former English teacher and a goddess, otherwise it would be bad form
> for me. Toci

Subject for catalogue: file under "sense-of-humor-comma-lack-of".

stePH
--
GoogleGroups licks balls.

stePH

furthur thoughts:

toci wrote:
> If you didn't know how to spell, how would you spell "collegue?"

As a "former English teacher and goddess" you should know that it's
spelled "colleague" :-P

> And it's bad form to correct spelling on the net.

I corrected nothing in Dieter's post. I just corrected you above,
since you obviously should know better.

(For the record, "furthur" is a deliberate misspelling.)

stePH
--
GoogleGroups licks balls.

Lewis Perin

"stePH" > writes:

> furthur thoughts:
>
> [...spelling and theology...]
>
> (For the record, "furthur" is a deliberate misspelling.)

Plus, you have precedent, if not President, on your side:

http://www.dead.net/cavenweb/furthur/furthurpast.html

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
stePH

Lewis Perin wrote:
> "stePH" > writes:
>
> > (For the record, "furthur" is a deliberate misspelling.)

> Plus, you have precedent, if not President, on your side:
>
> http://www.dead.net/cavenweb/furthur/furthurpast.html

As a matter of fact, I read _The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test_ wayback
in high school. And I started a band called "FURTHUR" then, too (took
the band's name from the book).

Heh heh ... *high* school ...

stePH
--
GoogleGroups licks balls.

toci

Sorry, didn't realize you were a Republican. Nemmine on all comments
supra. Toci
stePH wrote:
> Lewis Perin wrote:
> > "stePH" > writes:
> >
> > > (For the record, "furthur" is a deliberate misspelling.)

> > Plus, you have precedent, if not President, on your side:
> >
> > http://www.dead.net/cavenweb/furthur/furthurpast.html

> As a matter of fact, I read _The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test_ wayback
> in high school. And I started a band called "FURTHUR" then, too (took
> the band's name from the book).
>
> Heh heh ... *high* school ...
>

> stePH
> --
> GoogleGroups licks balls.

stePH

toci wrote:
> Sorry, didn't realize you were a Republican.

Now you're just being insulting. I don't see how that was called for.

stePH
--
GoogleGroups licks balls.

Dieter Folz

stePH schrieb:

> Dieter Folz wrote:
> > A college of mine changed two years ago from coffee to tea ...

> The whole student body switched? Or did the campus cafeteria just stop
> serving coffee in favor of tea? (And what college of yours was this?)

Yeah, yeah, ok, it happened once more -- one more German who didn't pay
enough attention in the "typical mistakes of Germans writing in English
101" class. This happens, because "collegue" in German is "Kollege".
The "college"-misspelling just pops in your German brain, and you can*t
do much about that :-(.

Dieter

stePH

Dieter Folz wrote:
> Yeah, yeah, ok, it happened once more -- one more German who didn't pay
> enough attention in the "typical mistakes of Germans writing in English
> 101" class. This happens, because "collegue" in German is "Kollege".
> The "college"-misspelling just pops in your German brain, and you can*t
> do much about that :-(.

Hey, no worries. I just saw an opportunity for a bit of fun and I took
it. I'd expect anybody on this group to do the same for me :-)

stePH, halb-Deutsche hisself.
--
GoogleGroups leckt Testikel.