tea connoisseur

Default Finest Darjeeling tea, Unmatched in Purity and Price

I'd like to inform you about a new Internet company, the Boston Tea
Campaign, an offspring of the German "Teekampagne," which celebrates
its 20th birthday this year. Our cost-saving business model enables us
to offer Darjeeling tea of outstanding quality at unbeatable prices.

At http://www.bostonteacampaign.com you can order our Darjeeling First
Flush FTGFOP1 for US $ 16.00 a pound, and our Green Darjeeling for $
14.00 a pound. We charge a flat fee of $ 5.00 for postage and handling,
to encourage our customers to order their annual supply with their
friends.

We select our Darjeeling most carefully and submit it to the most
rigorous tests for quality and taste. Our tea meets the standards for
organic products, and various food testing agencies have certified its
top quality. Please check it out! If you are not entirely satisfied
with our product, we will refund your purchase price in full.

Happy sipping!

Michael Plant

tea 9/20/05

> I'd like to inform you about a new Internet company, the Boston Tea
> Campaign, an offspring of the German "Teekampagne," which celebrates
> its 20th birthday this year. Our cost-saving business model enables us
> to offer Darjeeling tea of outstanding quality at unbeatable prices.
>
> At
http://www.bostonteacampaign.com you can order our Darjeeling First
> Flush FTGFOP1 for US $ 16.00 a pound, and our Green Darjeeling for $
> 14.00 a pound. We charge a flat fee of $ 5.00 for postage and handling,
> to encourage our customers to order their annual supply with their
> friends.
>
> We select our Darjeeling most carefully and submit it to the most
> rigorous tests for quality and taste. Our tea meets the standards for
> organic products, and various food testing agencies have certified its
> top quality. Please check it out! If you are not entirely satisfied
> with our product, we will refund your purchase price in full.
>
> Happy sipping!

Well, that's quite different. It's your company. At least honest reins this
time. Whether ads like yours are OK is another question for others to
answer.

Michael

stePH

> Well, that's quite different. It's your company. At least honest reins this
> time. Whether ads like yours are OK is another question for others to
> answer.

Or to put it another way:
This is rec.food.drink.tea, not rec.food.spam.

stePH
enjoying a fourth infusion of Se Chung Special Oolong with lunch
--
GoogleGroups licks balls

Derek

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:55:21 GMT, Michael Plant wrote:

> Well, that's quite different. It's your company. At least honest reins this
> time. Whether ads like yours are OK is another question for others to
> answer.
>
> Michael

There's a fine line to be walked between "owning a tea shop and being
an honest participant" in this group and "owning a tea shop and trying
to pass off advertisements for your shop as opinion."

A post introducing a new company made by someone working for that
company doesn't bother me. But the post over in the "Looking for a
good tea" thread is likely crossing the line of acceptable behavior.

That type of post should be, to quote Brother Maynard, "right out."

--
Derek

"I shall never be ashamed of citing a bad author if the line is good."
-- Seneca
Aloke Prasad

"tea connoisseur" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> We select our Darjeeling most carefully and submit it to the most
> rigorous tests for quality and taste. Our tea meets the standards for
> organic products, and various food testing agencies have certified its
> top quality. Please check it out! If you are not entirely satisfied
> with our product, we will refund your purchase price in full.

Which tea garden's products do you use?

Darjeeling connoisseurs will prefer single plantation products ...
--
Aloke
----

Michael Plant

Aloke 9/22/05

> "tea connoisseur" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>> We select our Darjeeling most carefully and submit it to the most
>> rigorous tests for quality and taste. Our tea meets the standards for
>> organic products, and various food testing agencies have certified its
>> top quality. Please check it out! If you are not entirely satisfied
>> with our product, we will refund your purchase price in full.

> Which tea garden's products do you use?
>
> Darjeeling connoisseurs will prefer single plantation products ...

Yes, that and the vintage, with the invoice number and the harvest date.
These are important to me too. Thanks for asking, Aloke. Hope we'll get our
answer soon.

Michael

tea connoisseur

Hello Aloke and Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. Well, our parent company in Germany offers the
whole range of Darjeeling teas, including - of course - garden
teas. As we have just started doing business in the US, not all of our
teas are available in North America yet. We have decided to start with
First Flush and Green Tea, but more Darjeeling teas will be available
in the future. The Darjeeling we currently offer is from the 2004
harvest (harvest 2005 will arrive shortly):

First Flush, FTGFOP 1, Harvest 2004, from the tea gardens of Arya,
Chongtong, Glenburn, Nagri, Oaks, Okayti, Sungma, licence number:
DJ/HOOL/004/050404/GER;

Green Darjeeling, FTGFOP 1, Harvest 2004, from the tea gardens of
Seeyok and Selimbong; licence number DJ/HOOL/004/050404/GER.

All our teas carry the Tea Board of India's seal and a license
number. If you are interested, Deutsche Welle TV did a report on our
parent company and its founder:
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/episode/0,...681907,00.html .

I hope this post is not considered spam, and I will be happy to answer
further questions on and off group -

TC

Aloke Prasad

Thanks you for the information. I welcome your posts here. Any new sources
for Darjeeling and other teas is very helpful to know. And to your credit,
you clearly identified yourself as representing the vendor.

It is certainly more useful than posts on how to stir sugar into my teacup!

Please keep us updated of any new shipments, including more recent harvests
and single blend teas.
--
Aloke
----
to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com

"tea connoisseur" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello Aloke and Michael,
>
> Thanks for your inquiry. Well, our parent company in Germany offers the
> whole range of Darjeeling teas, including - of course - garden
> teas. As we have just started doing business in the US, not all of our
> teas are available in North America yet. We have decided to start with
> First Flush and Green Tea, but more Darjeeling teas will be available
> in the future. The Darjeeling we currently offer is from the 2004
> harvest (harvest 2005 will arrive shortly):
>
> First Flush, FTGFOP 1, Harvest 2004, from the tea gardens of Arya,
> Chongtong, Glenburn, Nagri, Oaks, Okayti, Sungma, licence number:
> DJ/HOOL/004/050404/GER;
>
> Green Darjeeling, FTGFOP 1, Harvest 2004, from the tea gardens of
> Seeyok and Selimbong; licence number DJ/HOOL/004/050404/GER.
>
> All our teas carry the Tea Board of India's seal and a license
> number. If you are interested, Deutsche Welle TV did a report on our
> parent company and its founder:
> http://www.dw-world.de/dw/episode/0,...681907,00.html .
>
> I hope this post is not considered spam, and I will be happy to answer
> further questions on and off group -
>
> TC

Lewis Perin

"tea connoisseur" > writes:

> Hello Aloke and Michael,
>
> Thanks for your inquiry. Well, our parent company in Germany offers the
> whole range of Darjeeling teas, including - of course - garden
> teas. As we have just started doing business in the US, not all of our
> teas are available in North America yet. We have decided to start with
> First Flush and Green Tea, but more Darjeeling teas will be available
> in the future. The Darjeeling we currently offer is from the 2004
> harvest (harvest 2005 will arrive shortly):
>
> First Flush, FTGFOP 1, Harvest 2004, from the tea gardens of Arya,
> Chongtong, Glenburn, Nagri, Oaks, Okayti, Sungma, licence number:
> DJ/HOOL/004/050404/GER;

Thanks for the information. It's rather late for 2004 FF now. Will
we know when the 2005 becomes available? (I don't think your website
has any information on year of harvest now.)

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Michael Plant

tea 9/23/05

> Hello Aloke and Michael,
>
> Thanks for your inquiry. Well, our parent company in Germany offers the
> whole range of Darjeeling teas, including - of course - garden
> teas. As we have just started doing business in the US, not all of our
> teas are available in North America yet. We have decided to start with
> First Flush and Green Tea, but more Darjeeling teas will be available
> in the future. The Darjeeling we currently offer is from the 2004
> harvest (harvest 2005 will arrive shortly):
>
> First Flush, FTGFOP 1, Harvest 2004, from the tea gardens of Arya,
> Chongtong, Glenburn, Nagri, Oaks, Okayti, Sungma, licence number:
> DJ/HOOL/004/050404/GER;
>
> Green Darjeeling, FTGFOP 1, Harvest 2004, from the tea gardens of
> Seeyok and Selimbong; licence number DJ/HOOL/004/050404/GER.
>
> All our teas carry the Tea Board of India's seal and a license
> number. If you are interested, Deutsche Welle TV did a report on our
> parent company and its founder:

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/episode/0,...681907,00.html .

> I hope this post is not considered spam, and I will be happy to answer
> further questions on and off group -
>
> TC

TC,

First, some German tea companies are quite well respected here. Further,
German companies seem to have the uncanny knack of getting their hands on
excellent Darjeelings. Third, it isn't spam if you answer a question one of
us puts to you.

Do you have an actual name we can call you?

It does seem rather late for you to be just getting the 2005's. Why is this?
I notice too that my usual Darjeeling supplier was late getting his. (There
might be wisdom in this, since the first first flush Darjeelings to hit our
shores this season were bad. But, first flush Darjeelings are delicate
affairs, and one imagines that the fresher they are the better. Who knows.

I took off the SPAMMY part of your subject line.

Best,
Michael

tea connoisseur

Hello,

We got delayed in starting our company here (for a number of reasons
beyond our control), so we are still selling the rest of our 2004
harvest. It happens to be an excellent blend, so it's worth trying.
You probably know that tea stays fresh for up to three years, if stored
appropriately. In any event, if you don't like it, just return it for
a full refund.

We hope to have 2005 available soon, and we will be 'on time' in the
future (as well as offer a larger selection of Darjeeling teas). Please
bear with us and look for updates on our website.

Best,
Katrin (aka Tea Connoisseur)