Mike Petro

Default I'm Baaack

Looks like I am back online again, anyone who has sent, or who is
expecting, email to/from me please resend.

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
http://us.gutea.com/ (mirror in China)
Michael Plant

Mike 9/20/05

> Looks like I am back online again, anyone who has sent, or who is
> expecting, email to/from me please resend.
>

> Mike Petro

http://www.pu-erh.net
> http://us.gutea.com/ (mirror in China)

You are back, and, as far as I can tell, you are alone. I haven't gotten a
single post, other than your own here, in the last 24 hours and more.

Michael

DPM

> > Looks like I am back online again, anyone who has sent, or who is
> > expecting, email to/from me please resend.
> >

> > Mike Petro
> > http://www.pu-erh.net
> > http://us.gutea.com/ (mirror in China)

> You are back, and, as far as I can tell, you are alone. I haven't gotten a
> single post, other than your own here, in the last 24 hours and more.
>
> Michael

Michael,

I'll fix that. I got a few really good first flushes from Kyela. Kevin is
offering a Gopaldhara DJ-41 Oolong First Flush that is very nice: whole,
unbroken leaf, high-mountain aromatics. herbs and spice. I can get two nice
infusions from it. Recommended.

David Hoffman is offering a Red Pearls organic Keemun that is delightful:
flowers, leather, smoke and spice. <Sigh> This is why I drink tea!

Regards,
Dean

Michael Plant

DPMe8TXe.5790$9a2.3840@trnddc049/20/05

>>> Looks like I am back online again, anyone who has sent, or who is
>>> expecting, email to/from me please resend.
>>>

>>> Mike Petro
>>> http://www.pu-erh.net
>>> http://us.gutea.com/ (mirror in China)

>> You are back, and, as far as I can tell, you are alone. I haven't gotten a
>> single post, other than your own here, in the last 24 hours and more.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Michael,
>
> I'll fix that. I got a few really good first flushes from Kyela. Kevin is
> offering a Gopaldhara DJ-41 Oolong First Flush that is very nice: whole,
> unbroken leaf, high-mountain aromatics. herbs and spice. I can get two nice
> infusions from it. Recommended.
>
> David Hoffman is offering a Red Pearls organic Keemun that is delightful:
> flowers, leather, smoke and spice. <Sigh> This is why I drink tea!
>
> Regards,
> Dean

Wow. Thanks, Dean. I'm on my way.

Jane Erickson

I keep hearing about David Hoffman and his teas. I don't live in CA, so how
can I get a hold of some of his teas? No website yet? Does he have a
catalog?

thanks
JE formerly LB

"DPM" > wrote in message news:e8TXe.5790$9a2.3840@trnddc04...

>> > Looks like I am back online again, anyone who has sent, or who is
>> > expecting, email to/from me please resend.
>> >

>> > Mike Petro
>> > http://www.pu-erh.net
>> > http://us.gutea.com/ (mirror in China)

>> You are back, and, as far as I can tell, you are alone. I haven't gotten
>> single post, other than your own here, in the last 24 hours and more.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Michael,
>
> I'll fix that. I got a few really good first flushes from Kyela. Kevin
> is
> offering a Gopaldhara DJ-41 Oolong First Flush that is very nice: whole,
> unbroken leaf, high-mountain aromatics. herbs and spice. I can get two
> nice
> infusions from it. Recommended.
>
> David Hoffman is offering a Red Pearls organic Keemun that is delightful:
> flowers, leather, smoke and spice. <Sigh> This is why I drink tea!
>
> Regards,
> Dean

Robert Dunbar

Silk Road Tea's web site is in preparation at:

www.silkroadteas.com

Robert

In article >,

Lewis Perin > wrote:

> "Jane Erickson" > writes:
>
> > I keep hearing about David Hoffman and his teas. I don't live in CA, so
> > how
> > can I get a hold of some of his teas? No website yet? Does he have a
> > catalog?

> Still no website, but you can now beg for a catalogue at:
>

> By the way, give them your postal address.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

DPM

Jane, you can also call him at 415-458-8624; he just published a new
catalog. You may not speak to him personally, but he has a few acolytes
that are pretty knowledgeable. Tell them what kinds of tea you like and
why, and they'll point you in the right direction. I got a green Lu An
Guapian that's wonderful also: organic, very fresh with light floral and
grassy notes. The leaf color is an intense green initially and the liquor
is a beautiful chartreuse. Lovely stuff.

Regards,
Dean

"Jane Erickson" > wrote in message
k.net...
> I keep hearing about David Hoffman and his teas. I don't live in CA, so

how
> can I get a hold of some of his teas? No website yet? Does he have a
> catalog?
>
> thanks
> JE formerly LB

DPM

"Michael Plant" > wrote in message
> DPMe8TXe.5790$9a2.3840@trnddc049/20/05

> >> You are back, and, as far as I can tell, you are alone. I haven't

gotten a
> >> single post, other than your own here, in the last 24 hours and more.
> >>
> >> Michael
> >>

> > Michael,
> >
> > I'll fix that. I got a few really good first flushes from Kyela. Kevin

is
> > offering a Gopaldhara DJ-41 Oolong First Flush that is very nice:

whole,
> > unbroken leaf, high-mountain aromatics. herbs and spice. I can get two

nice
> > infusions from it. Recommended.
> >
> > David Hoffman is offering a Red Pearls organic Keemun that is

delightful:
> > flowers, leather, smoke and spice. <Sigh> This is why I drink tea!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dean
> >

> Wow. Thanks, Dean. I'm on my way.

Michael,

Sorry, I sent that from memory - I got the Red Peach (B-KMF-O).

Dean

Jane Erickson

lu an guapian! one of my favorites. I've got to call. Thanks.

JE

"DPM" > wrote in message news:ay%Xe.10177$e_4.3431@trndny08...
> Jane, you can also call him at 415-458-8624; he just published a new
> catalog. You may not speak to him personally, but he has a few acolytes
> that are pretty knowledgeable. Tell them what kinds of tea you like and
> why, and they'll point you in the right direction. I got a green Lu An
> Guapian that's wonderful also: organic, very fresh with light floral and
> grassy notes. The leaf color is an intense green initially and the liquor
> is a beautiful chartreuse. Lovely stuff.
>
> Regards,
> Dean
>
> "Jane Erickson" > wrote in message
> k.net...
>> I keep hearing about David Hoffman and his teas. I don't live in CA, so

> how
>> can I get a hold of some of his teas? No website yet? Does he have a
>> catalog?
>>
>> thanks
>> JE formerly LB

Michael Plant

[Dean]
>>> David Hoffman is offering a Red Pearls organic Keemun that is delightful:
>>> flowers, leather, smoke and spice. <Sigh> This is why I drink tea!

[Michael]
>> Wow. Thanks, Dean. I'm on my way.

[Dean]
> Sorry, I sent that from memory - I got the Red Peach (B-KMF-O).

[Michael]
OK. It doesn't have peach bits or peach spray, or anything like that, does
it now?

DPM

"Michael Plant" > wrote in message

> [Dean]

delightful:

> [Michael]
> >> Wow. Thanks, Dean. I'm on my way.

> [Dean]
> > Sorry, I sent that from memory - I got the Red Peach (B-KMF-O).

> [Michael]
> OK. It doesn't have peach bits or peach spray, or anything like that, does
> it now?

[Dean]
No. But now that you mention it, I've got a dozen peaches in the frig...now
where's my nutcracker...?

Alex Chaihorsky

Well, I am shocked. After David once gave me a terse condescending lecture
over the phone how anything he does is incompatible with these evil beasts
we call computers, I never thought that would happen.
Reminds me how a working girl in Winnemucca, Nevada once asked me how I
became a geologist. I gave her my most heroic version (I have about 20) and
ask her the same question back. She looked at me, smiled and answered
briefly - "business reasons".
I guess Silkroad Teas is after all, a business.

Sasha.

"Robert Dunbar" > wrote in message
> Silk Road Tea's web site is in preparation at:
>
> www.silkroadteas.com
>
> Robert
>
> In article >,
>
> Lewis Perin > wrote:
>
>> "Jane Erickson" > writes:
>>
>> > I keep hearing about David Hoffman and his teas. I don't live in CA,
>> > so
>> > how
>> > can I get a hold of some of his teas? No website yet? Does he have a
>> > catalog?

>> Still no website, but you can now beg for a catalogue at:
>>

>> By the way, give them your postal address.
>>
>> /Lew
>> ---
>> Lew Perin /

Michael Plant

Alex gy.net9/25/05

> Well, I am shocked. After David once gave me a terse condescending lecture
> over the phone how anything he does is incompatible with these evil beasts
> we call computers, I never thought that would happen.
> Reminds me how a working girl in Winnemucca, Nevada once asked me how I
> became a geologist. I gave her my most heroic version (I have about 20) and
> ask her the same question back. She looked at me, smiled and answered
> briefly - "business reasons".
> I guess Silkroad Teas is after all, a business.
>
> Sasha.

Sasha,

You have quite a way with words, young fellow. I guess David changed his
mind. He'd never incidentally been condescending toward me. Are you quite
sure condescension was what came down from him?

Michael

Alex Chaihorsky

"Michael Plant" > wrote in message
> Alex gy.net9/25/05
>

>> Well, I am shocked. After David once gave me a terse condescending
>> lecture
>> over the phone how anything he does is incompatible with these evil
>> beasts
>> we call computers, I never thought that would happen.
>> Reminds me how a working girl in Winnemucca, Nevada once asked me how I
>> became a geologist. I gave her my most heroic version (I have about 20)
>> and
>> ask her the same question back. She looked at me, smiled and answered
>> briefly - "business reasons".
>> I guess Silkroad Teas is after all, a business.
>>
>> Sasha.

> Sasha,
>
> You have quite a way with words, young fellow. I guess David changed his
> mind. He'd never incidentally been condescending toward me. Are you quite
> sure condescension was what came down from him?
>
> Michael

Dave is a very good guy and a very knowledgeable one. He is also very polite
and nice. I am not claiming the opposite.
I asked him (after ordering significant amount of tea from him at least
twice) if he is interested in any way, shape or form in participating in my
program of liquid chromatography of standard computerized brewing matrix
(many teas brewed along time and temperature variables and HPLC-ed to find
out what comes out when and how...
In addition to regular "no" (which is fine) I was given quite a lecture on
the subject of computers in general. I could have used a word "patronizing"
instead of condescending if I were not a customer. Being one allows me some
latitude.
That is my understanding of a word "condescending" meaning "from above, with
an attitude of an adult speaking to an annoying child". If my understanding
is wrong I sincerely apologize, take it back and replace it with
"patronizing".
Am I over-sensitive an easily annoyed? - Absolutely, as a "new American" I
have chips, rock fragments and pottery shards in my shoulders the sizes far
greater than physical laws allow. But it was there - I can guarantee you
that he absolutely hates anything that has a monitor. Which is fine with
me -

Sasha.

Michael Plant

[Alex]
> That is my understanding of a word "condescending" meaning "from above, with
> an attitude of an adult speaking to an annoying child". If my understanding
> is wrong I sincerely apologize, take it back and replace it with
> "patronizing".
> Am I over-sensitive an easily annoyed? - Absolutely, as a "new American" I
> have chips, rock fragments and pottery shards in my shoulders the sizes far
> greater than physical laws allow. But it was there - I can guarantee you
> that he absolutely hates anything that has a monitor. Which is fine with
> me -

[Michael]
It's his blind spot, let's say. Brings out the worst in him. Perhaps young
Ned is turning him around on that score. I would have thought your project
would have been super-interesting.

Michael

Alex Chaihorsky

"Michael Plant" > wrote in message

> [Alex]
>> That is my understanding of a word "condescending" meaning "from above,
>> with
>> an attitude of an adult speaking to an annoying child". If my
>> understanding
>> is wrong I sincerely apologize, take it back and replace it with
>> "patronizing".
>> Am I over-sensitive an easily annoyed? - Absolutely, as a "new American"
>> have chips, rock fragments and pottery shards in my shoulders the sizes
>> far
>> greater than physical laws allow. But it was there - I can guarantee you
>> that he absolutely hates anything that has a monitor. Which is fine with
>> me -

> [Michael]
> It's his blind spot, let's say. Brings out the worst in him. Perhaps young
> Ned is turning him around on that score. I would have thought your project
> would have been super-interesting.
>
> Michael

Right.
Its still alive, although a friend of mine who ran a large HPLC lab left
Stanford for greener pastures. But I am now looking favorable to gas
chromatography, which is so much faster and cheaper and easier. If you have
a second hand small mass spectrometer wasting space in you garage, give me a
buzz.
You see I need a large multidimensional aqueous extraction model of Camellia
Sinensis for my "main " project ))
And its gonna look beautiful too, huge colored cube slowly rotating on my
three-screen 9X megamonitor. That alone, I recon, would give our good
friends at Silkroads a heart attack...

Roy Fong, however, was very receptive and I think we will start making
progress with him for his teas soon. I thought David should have been
interested too, but... No regrets, though - its a free country, or so I was
told. I think we need couple of luddites here and there, just to keep us
technocrats from being too cocky.

Sasha.