Old 11-09-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Looking for a good tea

I was wondering what is the best tea maker out there and where are some
good places to get it. I love chamomile. I am sure I am not drinking
the most flavorable brands.(just grocery store brands.) Would love some
input.

Thanks,

Old 11-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Scott Dorsey

I was wondering what is the best tea maker out there and where are some
good places to get it. I love chamomile. I am sure I am not drinking
the most flavorable brands.(just grocery store brands.) Would love some
input.

Chamomile is a weed. You plant some in your backyard, cut it and dry it
in the microwave or in a bundle in a dry location, and make your tisane
with it. It is very easy to grow, and it will taste better when it is
comparatively fresh.

No reason to involve some manufacturer somewhere. It's not like actual
tea.
--scott

Old 11-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Jane Erickson

For chamomile, grocery store is fine. Like Scott said, chamomile is a weed
and it is grown like a weed and you can't expect much. If you are looking
for advice on tea, white, green, red(black), pu-er, this is a good forum.
I've also seen reasonable advice on mate and roobois. But chamomile is,
well, chamomile.

JE
formerly LB

Old 12-09-2005, 11:03 PM
toci

Upton tea has Egyptian chamomile, with several good reviews. Toci

Old 12-09-2005, 11:07 PM
toci

That's Upton, not Lipton. While you're at their site, you can look at
the huge number of teas they have to offer. If you order or request a
catalogue, they'll send you one. Toci

Old 12-09-2005, 11:28 PM
toci

Ten Ren has chamomile teabags. I've had good service ordering from
both Upton and Ten Ren. However, I seem to be allergic to chamomile,
so I don't drink it. Toci

Old 15-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Scott Dorsey

toci wrote:
Ten Ren has chamomile teabags. I've had good service ordering from
both Upton and Ten Ren. However, I seem to be allergic to chamomile,
so I don't drink it. Toci

I like the folks at Ten Ren, but I wouldn't pay their prices for something
as generic as chamomile.
--scott

Old 15-09-2005, 09:20 PM
toci

$2.75 for 20 bags. However, by the time you add in postage plus all
the other teas and things you'd order with it, it might get fairly
pricey. Toci

Old 21-09-2005, 12:30 AM
tea connoisseur

Try Darjeeling tea, considered as the "champagne" among all the teas of
the world. It is much sought after among tea connoisseurs and is
commonly sold for outrageous prices. However, top-quality Darjeeling is
offered at an unbeatable price at http://www.bostonteacampaign.com . I
like the green Darjeeling most. It has a mild and fresh taste and is
beneficial to health.

Old 21-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Michael Plant

tea 9/20/05

Try Darjeeling tea, considered as the "champagne" among all the teas of
the world. It is much sought after among tea connoisseurs and is
commonly sold for outrageous prices. However, top-quality Darjeeling is
offered at an unbeatable price at
http://www.bostonteacampaign.com . I
like the green Darjeeling most. It has a mild and fresh taste and is
beneficial to health.

Well, well, Tea Connoiseur. I can't help but notice that you forgot to
say, "I have no business connection with this company, just a satisfied
customer." Your post smells like SPAM to me. Is it?

By the way, Darjeeling is a lovely and well respected tea. It is NOT *the*
champagne among all the the teas of the world. It's one of the nice choices
we have.

Spam elsewhere please.

Michael

Old 21-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Rick Chappell

Hmmph. At least Mr./Ms. connoisseur didn't pretend to be a satisfied
customer. But a single first-flush and a single green, unknown year
and unknown estate, seem pretty slim pickings. Lots of prose though.

Rick.

Old 21-09-2005, 08:23 PM
tea connoisseur

Hi Michael,

I'm new to any form of newsgroup, and I didn't mean to produce SPAM at
all -- so I've removed my message.

Terribly sorry about that.

Best,
TC

Old 22-09-2005, 12:33 AM
Derek

On 21 Sep 2005 12:23:11 -0700, tea connoisseur wrote:

Hi Michael,

I'm new to any form of newsgroup, and I didn't mean to produce SPAM at
all -- so I've removed my message.

Terribly sorry about that.

Best,
TC

Please don't feel "run off". You're more than welcome to stick around
and talk tea - generically. We just get a little testy about
commercial advertisements in this group.

--
Derek

Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not
know the terror of being forever lost at sea.
Old 22-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Michael Plant

/21/05

On 21 Sep 2005 12:23:11 -0700, tea connoisseur wrote:

Hi Michael,

I'm new to any form of newsgroup, and I didn't mean to produce SPAM at
all -- so I've removed my message.

Terribly sorry about that.

Best,
TC

Please don't feel "run off". You're more than welcome to stick around
and talk tea - generically. We just get a little testy about
commercial advertisements in this group.

That goes double from me. Stick around, but don't SPAM us, now that you know
the style.

Michael

Old 30-10-2017, 09:55 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sunday, September 11, 2005 at 5:56:09 PM UTC+5:30, wrote:
I was wondering what is the best tea maker out there and where are some
good places to get it. I love chamomile. I am sure I am not drinking
the most flavorable brands.(just grocery store brands.) Would love some
input.

Thanks,

Hey D,
Chamomile is my favorite too, I love the flavor & taste of it! Halmari tea has nice chamomile tea & at a reasonable rate. You can try out their other varieties too, they are good.