Mike Petro

Default Dedicated to URLphobes everywhere....

I hereby dedicate this post to Jim and his URL phobia:

These are an interesting collection of Chinese links, if you preface
these links with this link (http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?u=) it
will automatically translate it for you. Note, sometimes you have to
refresh it a time or two if it errors out.

For example: if you do it like this it will work:

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?u=....jipintea.net/

These are all Chinese links but they are well worth checking out. I
got them indirectly from the Chinese gentleman that Jim recently tried
to run off.

Puerh Sites
http://www.puerh.cn/
http://www.peinfo.net/
http://www.ynxj.com/
http://www.ynpuerh.com/
http://www.858tea.com/
http://www.jinjings.com/
http://www.teayn.com/
http://www.yntea.com/
http://tea.yunnan.cn/

Puer Info
http://www.jinjings.com/jjch/puer_tea.asp
http://www.ynttc.com/
http://www.jipintea.net/
http://www.cteac.com/cpzs/pinpai_lis...d=52&yan se=6
http://www.poltea.com/
http://www.gpc-tea.com/
http://www.tieguanyin.net/splb.asp?s...D5%B6%FD%B2%E8
http://www.sanzui.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=59

Ebay type stores
http://shop33067428.taobao.com/
http://shop962354.taobao.com/
http://shop20149392.taobao.com/
http://shop33008172.taobao.com/
http://shop33013703.taobao.com/
http://shop10499828.taobao.com/
http://shop33194182.taobao.com/
http://shop33184588.taobao.com/

Forums
http://www.sanzui.com/bbs/
http://www.tea99.com/
http://bbs.peinfo.net/
http://www.ynart.com/forums/
http://www.yupoo.com/group_view.jsp?...f696b8e 974d0
http://www.sanzui.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=73
http://www.ywtea.com/

Factories
http://www.yupoo.com/album_view.jsp?...7437ede3b485b4
http://www.yupoo.com/album_view.jsp?...7437ede3b485b4
http://www.yupoo.com/album_view.jsp?...013560be7e2fdc
http://www.yupoo.com/album_view.jsp?...013560be7e2fdc

Misc
http://www.gutea.com/pas_3.html
http://www.gutea.com/pas_1.html
http://www.gutea.com/pas_2.html
http://www.gutea.com/pas_5.html
http://www.gutea.com/pas_6.html
http://www.gutea.com/pas_7.html
http://www.gutea.com/pas_8.html
http://www.gutea.com/pas_10.html
http://www.gutea.com/pas_9.html

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
"In this work, when it shall be found that much is omitted, let it not be forgotten that much likewise is performed."
Samuel Johnson, 1775, upon finishing his dictionary.
Blues Lyne

Mike,

The funny (sad, annoying, obnoxious) thing is, with all Jim's complaints
about posting URLs in a newsgroup, if you do a google search of this
newsgroup you'll find plenty of instances where he has posted them himself.
He's derided purchasing tea online and now tells of the tea he has purchased
online. His tales of local Chinatown purchases can be fun and can inspire a
trip to search for hidden treasures. However, most of what he writes is not
worth reading. Much like most of what I write, I'm sure.

Blues

Grasshopper

Thanks, Mike, for the excellent URL list. I hope soon we will see more
translation of sites with Western-friendly pu'er-veyors. I'm glad we
have places like JingTeaShop, TeaSpring, Yunnan Sourcing, GrandTea,
and TeaHub, but more would be better. Since PayPal has become
generally available to business people in China, maybe we will see more
PRC pu'er-veyors make pu'er available for people with computers who do
not read or write in Chinese. Gosh, if I had a product that might
appeal to people in China, I'd find myself a translator. I'm not really
very certain of the scope of the U.S. pu'er market, but lots of people
in the world speak English, so it would behoove pu'er venders to create
English-language mirror sites. How to tell them? That's a puzzle! :-)
Anyway, thanks again. As ever,
All the best,
~Grasshopper

Space Cowboy

Is that all the links you can provide for puerh? I gave a Google
search string in April that brought back plus or minus 424,000 Chinese
webpages which contained the word Puerh. You narrow down the search
using other Chinese tea terms. I have hundreds of links in my own
personal collection which in their own way contribute to the puzzle of
the pu. I was the first to explain the use of the Google translation
string. I was the first to give the Google search string for Taobao
also Ebay. The Yupoo photo album are images lifted directly from
TaoBao. The shopids won't give you seller contact information. You'll
need an account to send email directly to the seller. However in some
cases they'll give an email address on the sales page you can use
directly. I've culled about 30 sellers who I haven't contacted maybe
during the Winter. On Ebay China your US Ebay account will work. I've
fired off a couple of emails hoping for the best and all I get for my
troubles are puerh recommended items in Chinese from the same sellers.

Jim

http://127.0.0.1/your/only/source/for/puerh/links

Mike Petro wrote:
> I hereby dedicate this post to Jim and his URL phobia:
>
> These are an interesting collection of Chinese links, if you preface
> these links with this link (http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?u=) it
> will automatically translate it for you. Note, sometimes you have to
> refresh it a time or two if it errors out.
>
> For example: if you do it like this it will work:
>
> http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?u=....jipintea.net/
>
> These are all Chinese links but they are well worth checking out. I
> got them indirectly from the Chinese gentleman that Jim recently tried
> to run off.
>
> Puerh Sites
> http://www.puerh.cn/
> http://www.peinfo.net/
> http://www.ynxj.com/
> http://www.ynpuerh.com/
> http://www.858tea.com/
> http://www.jinjings.com/
> http://www.teayn.com/
> http://www.yntea.com/
> http://tea.yunnan.cn/
>
> Puer Info
> http://www.jinjings.com/jjch/puer_tea.asp
> http://www.ynttc.com/
> http://www.jipintea.net/
> http://www.cteac.com/cpzs/pinpai_lis...d=52&yan se=6
> http://www.poltea.com/
> http://www.gpc-tea.com/
> http://www.tieguanyin.net/splb.asp?s...D5%B6%FD%B2%E8
> http://www.sanzui.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=59
>
> Ebay type stores
> http://shop33067428.taobao.com/
> http://shop962354.taobao.com/
> http://shop20149392.taobao.com/
> http://shop33008172.taobao.com/
> http://shop33013703.taobao.com/
> http://shop10499828.taobao.com/
> http://shop33194182.taobao.com/
> http://shop33184588.taobao.com/
>
> Forums
> http://www.sanzui.com/bbs/
> http://www.tea99.com/
> http://bbs.peinfo.net/
> http://www.ynart.com/forums/
> http://www.yupoo.com/group_view.jsp?...f696b8e 974d0
> http://www.sanzui.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=73
> http://www.ywtea.com/
>
> Factories
> http://www.yupoo.com/album_view.jsp?...7437ede3b485b4
> http://www.yupoo.com/album_view.jsp?...7437ede3b485b4
> http://www.yupoo.com/album_view.jsp?...013560be7e2fdc
> http://www.yupoo.com/album_view.jsp?...013560be7e2fdc
>
> Misc
> http://www.gutea.com/pas_3.html
> http://www.gutea.com/pas_1.html
> http://www.gutea.com/pas_2.html
> http://www.gutea.com/pas_5.html
> http://www.gutea.com/pas_6.html
> http://www.gutea.com/pas_7.html
> http://www.gutea.com/pas_8.html
> http://www.gutea.com/pas_10.html
> http://www.gutea.com/pas_9.html
>

> Mike Petro

Grasshopper

Hey, Specious Cowboy:

Until you create a self-standing resource that provides the benefits of
the site you ceaselessly attack, then all of your carping, whining,
complaining, and moaning means jack-diddly, zero, zilch, squat, and
zip.

You are a touchstone, in fact, a veritable ROSETTA STONE, for
decrypting the sour old crank, the epitome by which we recognize all
others of your sorry ilk.

~Grasshopper