FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Bai Hao Oolong (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/68792-bai-hao-oolong.html)

DPM 30-08-2005 01:32 PM

Bai Hao Oolong

I understand that Bai Hao is harvested in the summer. Does anyone know when
the tea typically hits the market?

--

Regards,
Dean Macinskas

Email address is a spam sink - please reply to group.
---
"There are three principal ways to lose money: wine, women, and engineers.
While the first two are more pleasant, the third is by far the more
certain."
- Baron Rothschild

Rosco 30-08-2005 03:11 PM

Hits the market ... in the States? It's already on the market in Taiwan.

Ross

DPM wrote:
> I understand that Bai Hao is harvested in the summer. Does anyone know when
> the tea typically hits the market?

--
Oolong Tea direct from Taiwan
http://www.teafromtaiwan.com/

DPM 30-08-2005 04:31 PM

Ross,

Sorry - I meant the US, although the way markets work today I can't imagine
a significant delay between the two.

Have you tried this year's tea? What do you think?

Regards,
Dean

Rosco 31-08-2005 03:42 AM

Hi Dean,

A friend served me some new Bai Hao last week - superb. Different from
other harvests? I would have to do a side by side comparison to really
tell.

Ross

sherdwen 01-09-2005 01:13 PM

i went to a tea estate where we made white tip oolong, and it is
amazing after the fermentation and initial drying and then rolling it
seems to pull the white hairs out/and up and the tea turns a little
white.. it is made of several colors if it is a good bai
hao-red-white-green-black-brown or yellow? i forget but i think it is
5 colors all together?
anyone know?

ceremony stuff if anyone is interested it is here.
http://teaarts.blogspot.com/

sherdwen